Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Olyn wrote:
Do take daily allergy medicine and find HA isn't working for you, this may be why!

Thanks for the info! Wow, this thread is developing into the ultimate HA expertise Laughing

Unfortunately, I can't say why I don't get the results I was hoping for. I am not taking any allergy medicine etc. Does anyone else have the same experience as me, that HA doesn't work for them, in terms of lip plumping?

Ziggy Smile

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
wenrow
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 22, 2006 12:12 pm      Reply with quote
Whole Foods has had sales on Source Natural HA for over a month now. $7.99! Just sharing...
Ms Vickie
5% products discount

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:16 am      Reply with quote
I just got my SN Skin Eternal HA at Whole Foods. It wasn't on sale in Dallas--$11.50 for 30 tablets.

I took two tablets (50mg) last night and two again this morning, but I'm wondering how to proceed. I believe the EDS concensus dosage is one 50mg tablet per day--after jumpstarting with two per day for the first few days. hmm My bottle reads...Suggested Use: 2 tablets twice daily, or as recommended... That sounds like 4 per day to me. Confused Can someone clarify the 'effective' dose? Are you girls still seeing the benefits?

Thanks!
Bambi26

Sat Jun 24, 2006 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all! I just registered on this forum, but I've been following this thread for quite a while. I haven't tried Hyaluronic Acid/Collagen yet, but I love the idea of plumping from the inside, nutritionally! I have somewhat thin lips, which I've always been unhappy with, and am hoping that the Hyaluronic Acid and Collagen will help me out.

I'm also interested in finding other dietary sources of HA and Collagen, such as Chicken/Beef broths (using bones, tendons, ligaments, skin). Also, the Japanese village(Yuzuri Hara) that has people with great longevity and beautiful skin (If you've researched about HA very much, I'm sure you've read about it:)) eat a variety of Japanese root vegetables(satsumaimo, satoimo, konyaku and imoji)that supposedly support/stimulate HA production. I haven't found very much information about actually getting ahold of these, but if anybody finds any information about these or any other foods high in HA, or that support HA, please do tell - it's great for more than just the lips and skin, as I see many of you have found.

I was also wondering if anybody has ever tried using one of those "lip pumps" in combination with the HA? It seems that if one used a lip pump, that the body might see the lips as a more worthy place to put the HA because of the swelling/pulling going on there - meaning more plumping. Anyway, just an idea I thought I'd throw out there. I just ordered the IGIA Lip Enhancer(Lip pump thingy) today, but am going to purchase some HA before I use the pump to see if I get plumping with only the HA, and then later I'll try adding the pump, see what happens, and I'll of course tell you all how it went.

Thanks for all the info! I'm glad to have found this forum.

~Amber

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 24, 2006 9:05 pm      Reply with quote
Have u read the "IGIA Lip Enhancer" Thread ?

Take a gander at it.

Blue
yaling111
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 05, 2006 4:49 am      Reply with quote
sounds good, thank you!!
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 12:40 pm      Reply with quote
I'm another whose vision/eye dryness was improved by HA. The results *appeared* very quickly.

No change in my lips according to my measurements of lip imprints, but between improved vision and plumper lips, I will take improved vision any day.

Once I get a less expensive supply of HA, I will try taking more and see if it finally migrates to my lips.

FYI for those who were asking: the recommendation of 4 tabs/day on the Source Naturals bottle is for the relief of arthritis, which is the most common use of HA.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 4:25 pm      Reply with quote
MAC8 wrote:
I'm another whose vision/eye dryness was improved by HA. The results *appeared* very quickly.

I am so glad this helped your eyes! I have fortunately found the trifecta of benefits (eyes/lips/joint pain improvement), but the most important for me by far is the one for my eyes/vision improvement.
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 06, 2006 6:45 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you Olyn. I'm happy it helped you also. How much HA do you take? Maybe after I put in my order to Vitacost and increase the amount I take, I will "hit the trifecta" also Very Happy.

I also just realized that all the floaters are gone. I read on one site that HA helps with floaters, but had not even been thinking about that.
Olyn
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 08, 2006 1:27 pm      Reply with quote
I take 2 per day, and then I usually pop one more if I know I'm going to be out driving at night, or if I'm going to the movies, etc (So, 2 in the morning, 1 right before I go out).
I tried taking 4 per day (the bottle said, "Take 2 daily, 4 for intensive use") but I didn't notice any "intensive" results, only that I was using the bottle up more quickly. Rolling Eyes
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 09, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I too have been taking the Hydraplenish and I also take daily Zyrtec b/c I have bad year round allergies. I still get some plumpimg action but don't know if it'd be even better if I wasn't taking an antihistamine. FYI, Claritin-D is both antihistamine and decongestant but I don't know which one or both of these types of ingrediants decreases the effectiveness of the HA. Anyone else with thoughts or knowledge on the matter . Thanks.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
does anybody know of a gloss or serum with this HA?
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 15, 2006 7:21 pm      Reply with quote
i love this post and i think its great how involved carekate and some of the other members are! but it scares me- it scares me to take a supplement that I don't really need JUST to plump up my lips when other lip plumpers basically work fine. I dont know if i want to put anything in my body that I don't really need to put there, seeing as I'm young and I really don't have any joint pain. My dad is a pharmacist, but I know he'll tell me to stay away from supplements because they are generally not needed unless you REALLY have a symptom it claims to help, as well as the fact that they often negatively interact with other medications you may need down the line [also, just because its FDA approved, it doesn't mean its GOOD]. Thats why i desperately hope that someone in this world will find a HA gloss or balm that will plump up our lips ladies! But good luck with the pills and I hope they dont cause you too much trouble:)
nomoreneckpain
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 16, 2006 6:41 am      Reply with quote
Niki.. I think I'm alot older than you, I'm 52, so taking pills prescribed or supplements come alittle easier to me. That said I can understand your reluctance since we're just talking about lips here right! Unfortunately as you get older lips usually loose some fullness or if you were unlucky enough to inherit thinner lips then what ever you can do to have fuller lips is ok my me, they make you look younger Very Happy I haven't quite decided to do the lip injection thing so for now atleast for me the HA supplements are it. No side effects that I can tell. Of course I'm still waiting on a product that you can apply to your lips that works but isn't stinky, drying or that burns, hope someone's working on it. sorry for the long post, guess I'm chatty this morning.
Springchicken

Sun Jul 16, 2006 11:46 am      Reply with quote
Here's what I've been taking since I stumbled on this forum last year and IT WORKS! I buy Doctor's Best iherb on the internet and they ship immediately. However, I've only been taking 1 capsule in the a.m. My skin is more hydrated and my lips feel "pillowy" all the time. I got a facial at the Aveda Institute and they remarked how few lines I have for my age (63). Carekate, we should be paying you royalties or something!!! Very Happy

Carol

(copied from the iberb website for Doctor's Best HA)
Take 2 capsules daily, or as directed by a health care practitioner. Take with 8-10 ounces of water, with or without food.

Supplement FactsSupplement Facts
Serving Size: 2 capsules
Servings per container: 30 servings
Amount Per Serving % Daily Value
BioCell Collagen II®, providing: 1000 mg †
Hyaluronic Acid 100 mg †
Chondroitin Sulfate 200 mg †
Hydrolyzed Collagen Type II 600 mg †
* Daily Value not established.

Other IngredientsRice powder, gelatin (capsule), magnesium stearate (vegetable source).
Contains nothing other than listed ingredients.
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 11:40 am      Reply with quote
nikkilici0us wrote:
does anybody know of a gloss or serum with this HA?

Reviva has an HA serum. I have seen other HA serums mentioned on this site.

Also, I am using a Shadow & Light body mist (use it on my face also) which includes HA.

At least according to the John Masters Organics website, honey contains HA.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
MAC8 have you used any of these serums?
MAC8
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 17, 2006 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, I have used the Reviva serum. Combined with some Vit. E oil, with some Vit. E cream on top of all that, it is VERY moisturizing Very Happy. I used it for general facial moisturizing, not for lip plumping per se.

Right now I am using the Shadow & Light body mist daily, but I am using it on my face, not so much on my body. At first I was using it for the scent alone, then after reading all the HA discussion on here, I happened to notice that it contains HA, so I started to use it on my face and hands. Again, for moisture, not lip plumping.

I added some honey to my (hair) conditioner, per a carekate tip, and from the improved performance, I can readily believe that honey contains HA.

I remembered that Source Naturals also has an HA serum - haven't used it.

OK, since I realize the question is really about HA serum as a lip plumper, I just applied some of the Reviva serum to my lips. My lips still felt a little dry. So I mixed the HA serum with a little Vit E oil, and that is very hydrating, but if my lips are any larger, I don't see it Very Happy . On the other hand, hydrated lips certainly appear more luscious than dried up lips, even if the technical dimensions haven't changed.

HTH
IMISS
5% products discount

Thu Jul 20, 2006 12:53 am      Reply with quote
i read on a site that 70mg is what your body produces until a certain age. I noticed a huge difference when I started taking 100mg's.. I don't use it daily and when I do use it, I drink a ton of water before I do.
nikkilici0us
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 20, 2006 11:19 am      Reply with quote
MAC8 wrote:
Yes, I have used the Reviva serum. Combined with some Vit. E oil, with some Vit. E cream on top of all that, it is VERY moisturizing Very Happy. I used it for general facial moisturizing, not for lip plumping per se.

Right now I am using the Shadow & Light body mist daily, but I am using it on my face, not so much on my body. At first I was using it for the scent alone, then after reading all the HA discussion on here, I happened to notice that it contains HA, so I started to use it on my face and hands. Again, for moisture, not lip plumping.

I added some honey to my (hair) conditioner, per a carekate tip, and from the improved performance, I can readily believe that honey contains HA.

I remembered that Source Naturals also has an HA serum - haven't used it.

OK, since I realize the question is really about HA serum as a lip plumper, I just applied some of the Reviva serum to my lips. My lips still felt a little dry. So I mixed the HA serum with a little Vit E oil, and that is very hydrating, but if my lips are any larger, I don't see it Very Happy . On the other hand, hydrated lips certainly appear more luscious than dried up lips, even if the technical dimensions haven't changed.

HTH

thanks for the little experiment! and yes- hydration is the key.. the HA holds the moisture into your lips- thats why everyone's lips look so pillowy and gorgeous:)
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 21, 2006 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I just discovered the biocell comes from the cartligde in chicken sternums. So I am not trying to rain on the lip parade as I am a huge fan but do yall think this would work without the biocell, I just not too keen on using that anymore, now that i know where its from. This is the description:

Retains water in molecules to provide maximum elasticity and flexibility! How Does Hyaluronic Acid w/ BioCell Collagen Work?
Hyaluronic acid is present in every tissue of the body, with the highest concentrations occurring in connective tissues like skin and cartilage.
Hyaluronic acid has been shown to hold on to more water than any other molecule in the body.which is vital in the production/maintenance of collagen and cartilage.

Our skin is made up of 70% water, and hyaluronic acid promotes cellular renewal and structure. This nutrient is ideal for protecting the more aqueous parts of the body, such as joints (the synovial fluid inside them), heart valves and the vitreous humor of your eyes.

Collagen is also important, especially for healthy skin and nails, and we use BioCell Collagen II in our formula. It is sourced from the sternum cartilage of chickens, and allows for greater bioavailability of hyaluronic acid.
MelissaMarie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 22, 2006 10:55 am      Reply with quote
I forgot to post, my concern with this wouldnt so much be that its from chickens perse, just with all the bird illnesses and such, how is this processed, ect. I'd hate to take a beauty product only to find some scrupless seller of chicken parts didnt care much how they got them or where they came from. And before all say that can't happen, think about the knee replacements and such that just killed some because the supplier (so to speak) didnt process the body parts right. So thats my concern. I think I'll give the plain HA tablets a whirl and see if same results happen.
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jul 25, 2006 7:51 am      Reply with quote
Okay I took 3 pills last night before bed and woke up with swollen lips as if I got punched Laughing

It's not about 10 and they don't seem to look as swollen though.

My bottom lip is much bigger though too. I'm wondering if I should down my dosage already to just 2 pills twice daily. At what times and how many pills do you ladies take this?
debbied
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 28, 2006 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! I need to bookmark this thread and read it when I have the whole afternoon to myself! I just started taking HA caps, and I'm anticipating a small miracle! Wink
Anna_in_Sweden
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 29, 2006 1:55 am      Reply with quote
Could someone tell me if this is a good brand and website? I need a site that will send to Sweden and this place does. Is it reputable though?

http://www.n101.com/cgi-bin/n101.storefront/44cb0a310126a9ed2719404627fa0650/Product/View/033674156018

Scroll down to the bottom to see the % ammounts of each.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 3:41 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |