Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DeeDee99
5% products discount

Tue Jan 04, 2005 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Lily and Winnie - thank you so much for the info -- will check out the online deals after I check out the health food stores/Vitamin Shoppe.
Thanks, guys!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2005 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Lily is absolutely correct -- the lip plumping effect of HA supplements is apparently a secret known only to the members of EDS!!! I can imagine how the pharmacist looked at DeeDee99 Shock -- you should just told her you had arthritis or something!! Laughing
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, I cannot get these tabs in uk so I have ordered online. Again I am hoping for miracles.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 06, 2005 8:21 am      Reply with quote
Carekate wrote:

P.S. Here’s the breakdown of ingredients in the Spring Valley supplement:
• 500 mg Glucosamine
• 500 mg Collagen Type II
• 100 mg Chondrotin
• 40 mg Hyaluronic Acid

Carrie, I just bought the same ones, how many do you take daily? I've been taking 3/day and wondering if 4 would do more!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:12 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone

could someone please let me know where i can buy some of the tablets containing HA and Collegen as i can not find any anywhere Sad

Also what sort of dosage should i be taking

Many thanks

Sally

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 6:25 am      Reply with quote
Well, I never would have believed it, but it really works! I have very thin lips my whole life (yes, my husband sometimes calls me "chicken lips" (meaning I have no lips)). I purchased the Spring Valley supplements (with the 40 mg of HA and 500 mg of Collagen II) and have been taking them for the last 3 days, 2 times a day. My lips are definitely more fuller and plump in size, not to mention very smooth. I even noticed some of the wrinkles (short vertical lines) around the lip line are gone.

So my question is this, anyone noticed any side effects from taking the supplements? Spring Valley bottle says to take 1 a day? I have been taking 2. Do you think this is a problem?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 8:36 am      Reply with quote
I think my Spring Valley bottle says 1 tablet 3 times/day with a full glass of water, preferably after meals. Check your bottle again because it does say that a serving size is 1 tablet. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
You are right! In fine print the bottle says 1 tablet, 3 times daily, after meals with water. I guess my husband was worried I was overdoing it. I can't wait to see if these tablets will also help with other areas on the face lacking collagen such as the undereye area or help with the smile lines (creases that appear from the corner of the mouth to the nose). I will keep taking them and let you know. Thanks!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 12:48 pm      Reply with quote
Does your husband notice a difference in your former “chicken lips” or is it only something you can see/feel yourself? Just curious....
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 2:53 pm      Reply with quote
he he he, yes he does notice the difference, I think that is why he was concerned whether I would be upping the dosage. I was only taking 2 a day. I have been walking around the last 2 days saying look at my lips and making a pout look -- my husband is like, what the heck? he he he! But my husband has Angelina Jolie lips, so we are quite opposite in that area.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 07, 2005 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Loopylori, what site did you order you HA caps from?
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 08, 2005 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
I ordered fromwww.vitanetonline.com
I got the hyaluronic acid 50 mg from Biocell with collagen 11. I think they are the ones that Judy mentioned. Forgive me if I am wrong.
the product number is SN1625. I ordered a big bottle so I hope it works and they don't make me gag.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 1:54 am      Reply with quote
Thanks, just ordered some!
loopylori
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 10, 2005 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
glad I can be useful.Here,s hoping it works

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:09 am      Reply with quote
Sidda wrote:

I took 140 mg. Which I got at my health food store. I got the top mgs, because I didn't expect it to work, and I didn't want the option of saying "Well, I just didn't use enough mgs." Now, after looking at vitamin shoppe, I overpaid. Sigh. Big suprise, huh?
Sidda

Sidda....

You MAY have overpaid, but then again, you may NOT have. The versions that contain the patented Biocell ingredient may be a higher quality than others and therefore often costs more, but can be worth it. Don't know if the one you saw at Vitamin Shoppe contained Biocell.

With supplements often a company will come out with a quality product, then as it becomes popular, other companies come out with a replica, but try to increase their profit by using inferior quality ingredients. Often you simply have to test it out and see what works best for you.

JUDY

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:19 am      Reply with quote
DeeDee99 wrote:
.when I told her it was to make my lips bigger, she looked at me like I had even more heads!

Often in the pharmacy, they will be more familiar with this supplement as it pertains to some type of illness or disease (joint care), rather than the cosmetic uses. You have to remember that the discussions on this forum tend to be a much better informed group on the cosmetic side than you will find in the general public. Wink

JUDY

Tue Jan 11, 2005 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Hello Ladies!

i`m new on the board, well actually i`ve been lurking but not posting. But i tried the hyaluronic acid capsules, for lip plumping and though i`d share my findings Very Happy . Well i`ve been taking them since five days, three times a day one capsule. I have the kind from Now wich contains: per capsule

sodiom 4.5mg
hyaluronic acid 50mg
lignisul msm 450mg

I have normal lips, and still have normal lips *bummer* (no angelina jolie ones Anxious ) but they are indeed a bit plumper i would say 1mm upperlip and the underlip about 1.5mm. Well after reading Carekates results i hoped the results would be more dramatic, could it be possible it depends on the ingredients in the capsules, and would a supplement work better if it contained collagen as well? Well i`m curiosu how much the lips of others *grew*. And i hope this was all understandable as English isn`t my first language (ěm from the netherlands) oh yes, and i very much enjoy reading this board, hope to see you all around! wave

Nelly
JudyMarshall
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 11, 2005 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
Several of you have seen me say that the one I use contains an ingredient called Biocell II. It's a patented ingredient containing collagen and HA.

I ran across an article that gave the website for Biocell Technologies and thought I'd share it since it has a very helpful FAQ page and it lists companies who make supplements containing Biocell II and give their contact info.

The one I buy at the health food store is on their list and it's called Vitamin Research. I've been very pleased with how it's worked for me.

http://www.biocelltechnology.com

JUDY

Wed Jan 12, 2005 4:22 am      Reply with quote
May i ask, how much of a difference you saw in your lips after taking the HA capsules? And do you think the capsules containing the Biocell, will work better in plumping the lips? I wish i new how much too expect, may be i`m expecting too much? The results i got were very subtle. Anyway i`m glad to have discovered this board, it`s mucho fun!

Best, Nelly
diderot
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi everybody,

I figure it's time for me to report back after 1 months on HA max which contains 1500mg Biocell collagen II and 150mg HA http://www.superior-coral.com/vital-ha-max.htm

Since my initial OVERNITE result, I have introduced this notorious discovery to my mom and my friends, and they all saw the difference on their lips, and MY LIPS NOW ?? they will live happily everafter.....just peeerfect !

As noted on the bottle, for jumpstart, I can take 3 caps day and nite, and that's what I did, and will reduce the dose soon. I have not found any negative side effect at all, EXCEPT I notice extremely yellow urine (which is also noticed by everyone else who is taking it), so I guess it's normal.

My skin is firmer ALL OVER, esp. my face and my eyes, but I am not sure if it's the HA or other stuffs I put on my face. I also noticed my digestion has been better, perhaps it's bc it has Omega 3 oil in the pills too ....

I went to Montreal during X'mas and was off HA for a few days, did noticed the change, just a little, it didn't appear as plumped as when I am on it.

Hope this helps you all,
D

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Diderot!

Thanks for the website posting. I was looking at the The Purity Products Vital H.A. Max and see it is $24.50 for 30 capsules (serving size: 3 capsules a day) which is only 10 days worth of capsules. Does that seem expensive?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, it can be expensive for the initial 6 pills a day, that's only if you wanted the jumpstart. But when you reduce to the normal dose, it's ok. I also purchase the 6 bottle of one time, it's cheaper that way, about $30 per bottle. Considering how much will I save on my skincare, it's worth it.

Hope it helps,

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 13, 2005 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
I just reduced my dose from 6 a day to 2 a day, let's see what's the diff...will report back Very Happy

D

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 6:14 am      Reply with quote
Darn! I forgot to bring my morning and afteroon HA/Collagen capsules with me to the office today. Sad I have been so good about taking them 3 times a day since Jan. 4.

Do you think my lips will deflate?

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 14, 2005 10:07 am      Reply with quote
Forgetting just for one day ?? No, I don't think it will deflate .....just my guess

D

Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:02 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |