Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Ziggy
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:19 pm      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
la vie en rose wrote:
MermaidGirl wrote:
Well, I'm now using the Lips2Kiss system AND taking 4 Hydraplenish capsules at night before bed with tons of water. ...

you should spread those out through the day or, at the very least, take two in the a.m. and two in the p.m. it *does* make a difference (my right knee is my bell weather as to if i need to up my intake or not). and, of course, you need to make sure you're drinking enough water....

Thanks, Cam, I appreciate the input. Truthfully, I thought if I slammed 4 of the HAs right before bed, that would work the best. I will now do 2 in the AM and 2 in the PM, per your advice, and see how that works. Still trying to drink more water, but am doing pretty well if I do say so myself! Thanks again! Very Happy

If you notice any difference please report back Smile I went through 1 bottle of Source Naturals and 1 Hydraplenish without (noticable) results although I did the kick start dose and the water thing.

Now I'm on the fence about ordering again, maybe my lips eventually will benefit. I have somewhat neck problems - maybe the HA went there.

Lately I have been using the LipFusion XL (tried LF reg, CityLips, CL Advanced before) will write a review when after some more time. Looks a little promising though Very Happy

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm trying Nature's Way Hydraplenish which has hyaluronic acid, hydrolyxed collagen type II, and chondroitin sulfate. I take 2 capsules/day and 2/night to bump start. I may eventually go down to 2 caps/day.

I've notice a difference in my skin plumpness (moisture) and lips but what I've noticed most is that my eyes aren't as itchy as they've been the past few months. Previous to using the Hydraplenish, I would run to the bathroom first thing upon waking up to put in eyedrops because my eyes were so irritated.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
I'm trying Nature's Way Hydraplenish which has hyaluronic acid, hydrolyxed collagen type II, and chondroitin sulfate. I take 2 capsules/day and 2/night to bump start. I may eventually go down to 2 caps/day.

I've notice a difference in my skin plumpness (moisture) and lips but what I've noticed most is that my eyes aren't as itchy as they've been the past few months. Previous to using the Hydraplenish, I would run to the bathroom first thing upon waking up to put in eyedrops because my eyes were so irritated.

I remember other members reported this too with Hydraplenish Smile

Norwegian, 28, brunette, medium/pale skintone, green eyes. Not sensitive skin, bit dry in winter, trying to figure out preventative skincare. Happy with: retin-a cream, emu, LRP Anthelios ss, Careprost. Stopped with CPs. Curious about: Bioderma ss, Renova, gadgets.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 02, 2007 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the Hydraplenish (split up now per La Vie's advice - 2 in AM, 2 in PM - instead of 4 in PM). So far, nothing, just like with the Source Naturals. *Sigh!* Oh, well, it must be going somewhere else. If its not going to work on my lips, I at least hope that it helps me deal with dehydration on my cheeks!
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I'm still using plain old Rexall HA, because the more expensive brands really didn't help me much in the lip department -- at least, they didn't help enough to justify $16 per bottle!

I'm still plugging away with my lip pump. I haven't been getting such great lasting results lately, probably because I had the flu all last week and allowed myself to get dehydrated. I do keep seeing improvement, though, bit by bit, and still no bruising.

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
fawnie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Well blow my mind! Just found this thread and lo and behold it works! I am using the formula listed in JudyMarshall's post on pg 2 of this thread: 2caps once a day. Woke up with definitely poofier! lips today! thanks Carrie! You dah bomb! Thin lips was one of my Need To Improve areas! MMMMMMMMMMMwah!
Fawnie

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 5:42 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I'm still using plain old Rexall HA, because the more expensive brands really didn't help me much in the lip department -- at least, they didn't help enough to justify $16 per bottle! ...

Red, sorry to hear you were sick. Hope you're better real soon!

Where do you get your Rexall HA? I cannot locate it on the web anywhere. What is it called exactly? Ingredients? Any help you can give me would be greatly appreciated ... I suppose I need to try that brand next! Thanks!
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 9:07 pm      Reply with quote
Nature's Way Hydraplenish (U.S.) has similar ingredients to this formula but the recommended dose of 2 caps provides double of everything I think (compared to the one posted by JudyMarshall). Does anyone know the brand that JudyMarshall posted about?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:15 pm      Reply with quote
I just ordered these today.

http://herbal-remedies-usa.stores.yahoo.net/hyaluronic-acid.html

Not sure if the price was reasonable but these have more stuff in them than what I bought at Walgreens. Those didn't do any plumping for me at all.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:22 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Frodo. This is the brand I got too. I found it at Vitamin Shoppe - paid a little more ($15.74) but saved shipping:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp;jsessionid=P0AN0HEMSOVTGCQUC4YFAFYKCQL00UNE?id=NW-1451
Don't know if you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you for future purchases.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2007 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
lunarmm wrote:
Hi, Frodo. This is the brand I got too. I found it at Vitamin Shoppe - paid a little more ($15.74) but saved shipping:
http://www.vitaminshoppe.com/store/en/browse/sku_detail.jsp;jsessionid=P0AN0HEMSOVTGCQUC4YFAFYKCQL00UNE?id=NW-1451
Don't know if you have a Vitamin Shoppe near you for future purchases.

I couldn't find it anywhere so had to go on-line. Our city is growing rapidly so maybe we will get a Vitamin Shoppe. I'm thrilled that we are getting a Trader Joes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:56 am      Reply with quote
lunarmm & Frodo - you should try Vitacost.com. The Nature's Way product is $11.19 there, but you have to pay for shipping ($4.99 in US), which would probably make the product equal to what lunarmm paid, but you can also sometimes buy more items before that shipping price increases. Also, always do a Google search for Vitacost coupons - there's always an active one out there where you can get an extra 5% off your order. Sometimes, depending on how much you order, that 5% can take care of the cost of shipping entirely.
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 2:14 am      Reply with quote
Red, I forgot to add in my last post to you: Have you considered trying the Lips2Kiss system? Read/scan the thread here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18021 It really works for plumping, which you've been working on for a while now. I'm sure if you'd have been using L2K for as long as you've dedicated to plumping by now, you'd have seen results.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 8:12 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
lunarmm & Frodo - you should try Vitacost.com. The Nature's Way product is $11.19 there, but you have to pay for shipping ($4.99 in US), which would probably make the product equal to what lunarmm paid, but you can also sometimes buy more items before that shipping price increases. Also, always do a Google search for Vitacost coupons - there's always an active one out there where you can get an extra 5% off your order. Sometimes, depending on how much you order, that 5% can take care of the cost of shipping entirely.

Thanks, I'll do that next time I need to order.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Well, after taking 6 capsules yesturday for the first time, of the natures way, like some others here, nothing Mad

All I can say is 'Typical'. It works on most others but me...gee, so nice to be 'special'.

Screw it, just more encouragement to go under the knife again! Mad
la vie en rose
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 10:12 am      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
Well, after taking 6 capsules yesturday for the first time, of the natures way, like some others here, nothing Mad

All I can say is 'Typical'. It works on most others but me...gee, so nice to be 'special'.

Screw it, just more encouragement to go under the knife again! Mad

um, SandraG, you seem determined to have surgery and that's fine by me -- go ahead. but to dismiss HA capsules after one over-dose is ridiculous. some people saw immediate results, but the norm was a few months of daily use and sometimes even needing to change formulations.

if you're serious about looking into non-surgical options, keep at it for a few months (it goes where it's needed first). and you might want to try the Lips2Kiss (MermaidGirl posted the link) system.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 11:22 am      Reply with quote
MermaidGirl wrote:
Red, I forgot to add in my last post to you: Have you considered trying the Lips2Kiss system? Read/scan the thread here http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=18021 It really works for plumping, which you've been working on for a while now. I'm sure if you'd have been using L2K for as long as you've dedicated to plumping by now, you'd have seen results.

I might just give that a go! My only concern is the fact that topical things (so far) do not seem to work on me in the slightest. I will look over that thread a bit more. Thanks, MermaidGirl! Cool

I get my Rexall from Walmart. I think it's like the Nature's Bounty brand at Walgreens -- just straight-up HA. Let's see...it has vitamin C also, with 20 mg of HA per capsule. It's gelcaps with HA in the powder form. Not bad, for just over $5 per bottle. Hope this helps!! Very Happy

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
Here I am devoting all this new-found attention on my lips and something unbelievable happened.

I was removing the smoke detector cause the battery was beeping to be replaced. And it fell and hit me right on my lip and now I have a big gash above my lip. Yikes!

I hope it doesn't scar. I have a Vit. E roll-on I'm gonna use on it. What a pain -- it's a hard place to keep clean (eating & drinking) and take care of Embarassed

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm....no luck here. Started the caps last night, took a ridiculous dose, and this morning, nothing. Used natures way.

Guess nature and I dont get on too well...I'm just always destined for the knife.

Rolling Eyes
MermaidGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
Red Devil wrote:
I might just give that a go! My only concern is the fact that topical things (so far) do not seem to work on me in the slightest. I will look over that thread a bit more. Thanks, MermaidGirl! Cool

I get my Rexall from Walmart. I think it's like the Nature's Bounty brand at Walgreens -- just straight-up HA. Let's see...it has vitamin C also, with 20 mg of HA per capsule. It's gelcaps with HA in the powder form. Not bad, for just over $5 per bottle. Hope this helps!! Very Happy

Red, (<---- can you tell I just LOVE doing the Red in red?! Laughing ) Thanks for the info on your HA supps. Will have to take a look at those when I finish up the ones I'm using. Maybe by then the HA will decide to go to my lips, too? I'm not going to give up taking this stuff because even if my lips don't puff up from it, its got to be doing good elsewhere in my body, plus I have Lips2Kiss, so that will do the trick!

Keep in mind that the L2K is not like any other topical out there on the market. The other ones give you the sensation that they are plumping by using irritating ingredients, and the appearance that they are plumping because they are so glossy, thereby temporarily filling in the dry lines on your lips and deflecting light, which makes your lips look smoother and puffier. The other topicals (Lip Fusion and LF-XL, City Lips, Lip Injection, etc., etc., etc.) don't work on the lip tissues from within like L2K does. It takes time but the results are amazing!
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2007 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
La Vei En Rose

"um, SandraG, you seem determined to have surgery and that's fine by me -- go ahead. but to dismiss HA capsules after one over-dose is ridiculous. some people saw immediate results, but the norm was a few months of daily use and sometimes even needing to change formulations."

I missed that. I though everyone saw overnight results. Guess I felt cheated and went paranoid.... Like I was not allowed to get plump lips too... Bad Grin

Thanks!! I will keep using it, even after my fat transfer...
My girlfriend also said something interesting about distribution. She said that when you take such substances, the body has a tendancy to put it where you need it the most.
I'll look into the topical recomendations also.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Wow...it's so ironic. Tried lip fusion after all the rants..and nothing! Are you sure you guys aren't making this stuff up Shock

Honestly, for me, if it's not cut, zapped or mediacated, it just doesnt work on me. I'm not a 'natural' kind a gal.
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SandraG
I understand your frusteration. I started the thread 'Before and after lip plumper' I explained on there what I have used. I posted pictures of before and after. I tried my best with the photos. It was hard with lighting and everything. Lately I am kind of poor so I have not used the Source Naturals HA capsules and now my lips have deflated. Nothing but the Source Natural capsules really show much of a result. (Slight result - but not enough) Maybe if you try a new brand. For me, the results truly are not dramatic. But after not using it, I see how thin my lips are. My husband even commented on my lips while I was on HA.
I think about having injections too. It seems cheaper then all this money being spent on lip plumpers. But I am going to stick with HA Caps, Carries and Wexler for now.
Hope you try a few more brands first. Just MAYBE it will work. Good luck.
Laura

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 8:54 pm      Reply with quote
Ah...thanks Laura....how nice

I'm going to have fat transfer done in Sept, but wanted to plump up until then because I just cant wait. So, I think I'll just go and get some filler put in until Sept.

I think all the years of alcohol, drugs, cigarettes have numbed my imune system to natural products...and only the real tuff stuff works on me Rolling Eyes
I'm still taking the HA caps, and to be honest, in the last couple of days, I've noticed a lot of freshenss on my skin, just nothing on the lips.
I actually took the derma wand to my lips tonight and zapped em hard, to see if it swells them in the morning.

With the HA caps, I'm just wondering where else my body has distrubuted it that there is none left for my lips Rolling Eyes

Another thing I noticed with the Lip fusion, it's glossy, and I prefer a MATT lip. I like gloss at night, but during the day, I just want a matt stained look.

I'm going to go check out your thread.
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:01 pm      Reply with quote
Hi SandraG,
How much does the fat transfer cost? How long does it last? Does the fat eventually disolves back into your body. Excuse my lack of knowledge, but do you have your own fat injected? I am so confused.

Thu Apr 18, 2024 12:01 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |