Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml)
Eureka -- I've found the ultimate lip plumper!!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Laura,

It requires surgery, going under. Yes. They take fat from somewhere (butt, thighs, tummy, wherever) and they inject it to where ever you want. When it is transfered to wherever you put it, it is still living fat cells, so it will settle in the area and live. It is permanent.
The only downfall, is, that because it is living fat, if you gain EXCESSIVE weight, you can gain it in the area it is in also. But, my surgeon says, it is a huge amount of weight gain that will cause that, like 20+ pounds, not just a couple of pounds here or there.

I'm having my lips and falabial folds done.
I paid around $3,000.00 for the surgery, but am having a cheek lift too. I got a discount because it's my second round of surgery.

There is a chance the fat will not take on the first round, and you have to have a second transfer done, but, if I have to do a second one, I will.

I wrote down the products in your thread to try. Razz
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:30 pm      Reply with quote
Boy, if the 1st transfer doesn't work I hope they won't charge as much. Wow. I wonder if it is any less to just have the lips done. Hmmmm I will have to look into this.
I really don't like my upper lip AT all. But then, I guess I should be thankful for what I have anyway. Why are we so worried about it?? Poor women. We have so much trash thrown at us through the media that we feel we have to be beautiful for our husbands and boyfriends to love us. What a pitty. I do know my husband loves me but there is that something in me that thinks if I don't look good enough maybe he'll wonder away. So stupid. Oh well.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:36 pm      Reply with quote
Puffy lips look youthful.

I think just the lip would be a lot cheaper yes. I had all my procedures costs put together, so dont remember how much just the lips are. I think if it did not take on the first, it would be cheaper on the second go.
If it does not take on the first surgery, it's not because of the surgeon, it's a biological issue. But, I'm sure most surgeons would discount a second go.
A pain, but worth it for permanently plump lips. And I guess you can have as much fat put in as you want. Of course, the key as with any surgery is, a top notch, credible, plastic surgeon. Even though it's just a small procedure, still requires the normal 2-3 weeks post surgery down time.
Laura168
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2007 9:43 pm      Reply with quote
I think I would be too scared to actually have it done. I would be afraid the surgeon would make my lips look lumpy or lopsided. I guess if I saw what the surgeon has done for other patients then maybe I would consider it.

I wish you luck SandraG. I hope it works out for you. I truly do. You will have to keep us updated. Tell me if the other HA capsules help at all. If you read my other posts on this thread - I didn't notice much of a difference at first.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:24 am      Reply with quote
Surprised Someone has to do the surgery.

If I could do mine myself I would.

Best surgeons is a must, and that's a whole other story. Given a phenominal surgeon, it's a breeze Wink
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
Puffy lips look youthful.

I think just the lip would be a lot cheaper yes. I had all my procedures costs put together, so dont remember how much just the lips are. I think if it did not take on the first, it would be cheaper on the second go.
If it does not take on the first surgery, it's not because of the surgeon, it's a biological issue. But, I'm sure most surgeons would discount a second go.
A pain, but worth it for permanently plump lips. And I guess you can have as much fat put in as you want. Of course, the key as with any surgery is, a top notch, credible, plastic surgeon. Even though it's just a small procedure, still requires the normal 2-3 weeks post surgery down time.

Wow! I had no idea that fat transfer to the lips was permanent! I figured that it just got absorbed back into your body. I too will have to research this. I'm still thinking that the lip pump will work, since I'm seeing improvement. It's just taking so long. Thanks for all of this info! Cool

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2007 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Oh no...it's not disolvable. When the fat is transfered, it is still living fat.

That's why it can grow also with excessive weight gain.

These garbage fillers, they are all disolvable substances...but fat no.

It's A-L-I-V-E (just like the quote from frankenstein) Rolling Eyes
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 07, 2007 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:
Oh no...it's not disolvable. When the fat is transfered, it is still living fat.

That's why it can grow also with excessive weight gain.

These garbage fillers, they are all disolvable substances...but fat no.

It's A-L-I-V-E (just like the quote from frankenstein) Rolling Eyes

Bad Grin Bad Grin I like that.

I'm going to look into the cost of having just lips done. Too bad they have to actually put you under. That sorta tells me that it might be expensive! Confused

American Indian/Irish/African descent, bleach-blonde hair with lowlights, tanned skin, greenish-brown eyes, strong facial features and drastically-improved lips! 28, but people tell me that I look seventeen-ish.
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 10:55 am      Reply with quote
Just wanted to post this interesting tidbit. I was doing a search on Ebay for stuff and found this:

LIP PLUMPER MACHINE
http://cgi.ebay.com/LIP-PLUMPER-DEVICE-100-FULLER-LIPS-BRAND-NEW_W0QQitemZ9503832296QQcategoryZ40086QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem?hash=item9503832296

Quote:
I'm a PROFESSIONAL makeup artist I was working on an actor and she had some blackheads on her lip so I used my PORE CLEANER to take them away and it was amazing her LIPS WERE FULLER so I put my lip plumper balm on her lips and used the PORTABLE PORE CLEANER around her lip line and it pulled the lip out with no pain and her lips were 100% fuller WORKS BETTER WITH MY LIP PLUMPER OR LIP PLUMPER BALM YOU CAN FIND THE BALM IN MY EBAY STORE This is the brand new tool which is a lip plumping tool that you use a few minutes a day for a few weeks to get permanently plumper lips. The tool stimulates the collagen to create larger lips use the tool 3 to 5 minutes per day 5 days a week for 4 weeks and then just once a week after that to maintain fullness and plumpness. YOU WILL LOVE IT BIG FULL SEXY LIPS

So, if you have a pore cleansing machine (vacuum), you may want to try it on your lips Laughing We certainly do get creative when it comes to beauty!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 7:58 pm      Reply with quote
I'm afraid to get my lips done because I've seen so many bad jobs on celebrities--I HATE Melanie Griffith's, thought she was much prettier before she got her lips done. Recently saw a pix of Donatella Versace, and oh God she looked ten years older! I figure the Hollywood set has access to the very best surgeons, so if they botched up celebrities' lips, with my luck, I'd get a bad job too! I can just see me now--with new lips looking like those red wax ones that I used to think were soooooooooo cool when i wore them to go trick or treating.. LOLOL Laughing
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Say, Luna? have you seen a photo of that lip plumping device? I went to the website link you posted and her products are there but I couldn't find a picture of the device. Too bad because the price is right, but I'd like to see what the thing looks like before I purchase it.. If you find anything out, like there is a picture of the device somewhere online, please let me know! Many thanks... Smile
lunarmm
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 12, 2007 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
She doesn't post a picture. You could email a question to her. But I think it is just a pore vacuum thingie like the Igia one:
http://secure.igia.com/prodetail.cfm?ID=AT7213

A more expensive one is made by Panasonic:
http://www2.panasonic.com/webapp/wcs/stores/servlet/vModelDetail?storeId=15001&catalogId=13401&itemId=71938&catGroupId=25091&modelNo=EH2511A&surfModel=EH2511A&cacheProgram=11002&cachePartner=7000000000000005702

I think Panasonic 1st came out with the device, then Igia, and now I've seen other knockoff's in drugstores, Marshalls, on Ebay, etc. I think I've even seen a super cheap one in Dollar Tree -- don't know how well it works though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 14, 2007 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I will TOTALLY!! be checking this out! Very Happy

helenzwl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 18, 2007 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for sharing!
I'm going to have a try!
charis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
I am on day 3 of the HA and not signs of plump lips Crying or Very sad I guess I'll give a few more days, but I am sooo disappointed!
lefemme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2007 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Luna..
cstars
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Oh my, what to try? Rolling Eyes I did order some of the Bio-Cell II HA online after searching EVERYWHERE around home. One thing to note: the 'weight' of the HA molecules in a product have everything to do with the effects. A too-low weight might, in fact, produce bad effects [especially on joints and liver]. I am not very clear as to all this, but it's worth being careful about what you take and how much of it you take.
cstars
5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:02 am      Reply with quote
OOPS: P.S.
Some posters mentioned that their eyes seem less prone to dryness when taking HA. This is probably a real result: the whole effect of HA is to increase moisture retention and production. Some of the health stores on-line sell HA products precisely for 'eye health.'
PhoebesMeow
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 10:45 am      Reply with quote
lefemme wrote:
I'm afraid to get my lips done because I've seen so many bad jobs on celebrities--I HATE Melanie Griffith's, thought she was much prettier before she got her lips done. Recently saw a pix of Donatella Versace, and oh God she looked ten years older! I figure the Hollywood set has access to the very best surgeons, so if they botched up celebrities' lips, with my luck, I'd get a bad job too! I can just see me now--with new lips looking like those red wax ones that I used to think were soooooooooo cool when i wore them to go trick or treating.. LOLOL Laughing

Laughing Nice try to the ebay seller! I have one of those panasonic pore cleansers and am not very crazy about it. I had this idea years ago. I remember spending a good 5 minutes sucking my lips with the thing only for them to stay big for the amount of time it takes me to walk from the bathroom to the bedroom and look in the mirror. No luck on this idea. I still do it every now and then because the panasonic pore cleanser is otherwise useless.

I haven't checked out this thread in about a year or so but I've had phenomenal results with City Lips. That's about it for me. Sad

Wait, I just read that this ebay seller is saying I have to vacuum my lips for 3-5 minutes a day 5 days a week to see results. Oh. I only tried it on and off for instant results. I guess I'll start sucking my lips a few minutes a day for a few weeks and report back with the results. *sigh*

"3 to 5 minutes per day 5 days a week for 4 weeks and then just once a week after that to maintain fullness and plumpness. "

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 5:41 pm      Reply with quote
So when I first read this earlier today, I went to plug in my Panasonic Pore Cleanser (hadn't used it in months)... Its been plugged in for a few hours now and... nothing. I don't know if its broke or what, I guess I'll know in the morning.
So I was thinking about this, and it might work. The technology behind the Brava System says that constant suction increases volume and, well.. that is "proven" to work for what its intended to, so why not apply the same technique to lips right? I wanted to start with this today, but due to problems withe the panasonic I had to pull out the Igia pore cleanser, which thankfully runs on AA batteries versus a battery that needs to be charged. *ahem* now is not the time to be asking why I have not one, but TWO, of a product that doesn't work for what its intended to.. the short and long answer is quite simple, I'm a skincare JUNKIE.
So anyway, I got to it and started vacuuming/sucking at my lip area for about 3 or 4 minutes. Huh. They looked great for the time being. Nice color, definitely plumper. Hurting a little bit. I applied some First Impression Exfoliator and got in the shower. By the time I was done, my lips just looks smoother.. nothing impressive. I am curious if I did this twice a day for a few minutes each time, would I see results? I'm willing to try. Sounds stupid, but the Brava system costs thousands and I tried that Shock

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2007 6:16 pm      Reply with quote
PhoebesMeow wrote:
So when I first read this earlier today, I went to plug in my Panasonic Pore Cleanser (hadn't used it in months)... Its been plugged in for a few hours now and... nothing. I don't know if its broke or what, I guess I'll know in the morning.
So I was thinking about this, and it might work. The technology behind the Brava System says that constant suction increases volume and, well.. that is "proven" to work for what its intended to, so why not apply the same technique to lips right? I wanted to start with this today, but due to problems withe the panasonic I had to pull out the Igia pore cleanser, which thankfully runs on AA batteries versus a battery that needs to be charged. *ahem* now is not the time to be asking why I have not one, but TWO, of a product that doesn't work for what its intended to.. the short and long answer is quite simple, I'm a skincare JUNKIE.
So anyway, I got to it and started vacuuming/sucking at my lip area for about 3 or 4 minutes. Huh. They looked great for the time being. Nice color, definitely plumper. Hurting a little bit. I applied some First Impression Exfoliator and got in the shower. By the time I was done, my lips just looks smoother.. nothing impressive. I am curious if I did this twice a day for a few minutes each time, would I see results? I'm willing to try. Sounds stupid, but the Brava system costs thousands and I tried that Shock

I'm seriously thinking about trying the Panasonic thing too, in addition to my pump. I saw the price on eBay, and for that low of a price, I think it's worth it. Very Happy Maybe all of the extra suckage ( Laughing ) will finally do something lasting for my lips. They do continue to look fuller in their natural state than before (I was looking at older pictures of me this weekend, and I can TOTALLY see the difference), but my "pump-plump" isn't lasting very long the past couple of weeks. Confused It's OK, because I can see that they are getting bigger, slowly but surely. Tomorrow will make my third month straight, with the pump, after I restarted after my first pump broke.

VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 9:40 am      Reply with quote
How many people are still using the HA supplements? I used the Nature's Source for about a week and saw no difference but then reading the most recent threads it seems it takes up to a few months to work on some people.

Also, does anyone else have concerns about the link to cancer? I can't seem to find much info.
Red Devil
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 1:49 pm      Reply with quote
VMP40 wrote:
How many people are still using the HA supplements? I used the Nature's Source for about a week and saw no difference but then reading the most recent threads it seems it takes up to a few months to work on some people.

Also, does anyone else have concerns about the link to cancer? I can't seem to find much info.

I'm still using them. I have been one of those people who don't see much difference in my lips because of the HA. I think you're right -- it does take time to see any results, especially since the HA might be going somewhere else in your body.

About the cancer stuff...my theory is that EVERYTHING causes cancer, so I'm not really concerned about it. I haven't really heard anything new lately. If you find out anything new, let us know! Smile

amber23
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2007 11:35 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone tried Prepout CL? It is supposed to hydrate the lips and helps to restore glycosaminoglycans and collagen, increasing lip moisture and adding volume to improve the contour of the lips and give better definition to the lip-line. Not sticky or tingling for instant effects and clinically shown to increase lip volume gradually over 30 days and improve lip condition and softness. They say no other lip volumiser is more powerful.
VMP40
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 09, 2007 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Red Devil, how long have you been taking the supplements?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 10:37 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |