Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 3:37 am      Reply with quote
Why would you want to partake in it if it didn't work for you before, as the exercises whilst some are very different, are still the same technique? Maybe you should try something else like Facercise perhaps??

avalange wrote:
hi everyone!

just a quick question: is the price of $119 for newbies, or is there a price for those who already paid the full fee for a previous version plus access to the forum?

just curious as to how this is all shaking out. i want to partake and see what deb has to offer that is new, but the previous system, outside of a few exercises, didn't do so well for me. i could never get my muscles to behave in the right ways.

thanks for any insight!

--avalange
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:38 am      Reply with quote
I bought the second edition last summer and had mixed results (ie no doubt the FE exercises work, but didn't like what they did!) So am now doing a routine with bits and pieces of different programs.

I was holding off on buying this edition although I am intrigued by jolting and some of the other innovations. It's a little disturbing to hear about the price increase (don't early adopters usually pay more?!?) and also that my relatively recent purchase would not entitle me to any kind of discount.

That aside, I am still waiting to read about actual results from users. I understand people really like the video (not a selling point for me--I would rather read than watch videos) and that some of the models are adorable, but apart from that, would love to hear about observations from people who have used the program for two months.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
Is it normal to yawn alot while doing facial exercises?? The ones (edited to add I'm doing another program not FE) where my mouth needs to be open are causing me to yawn..I hope it's not interfering with my ability to do the exercises correctly

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:35 am      Reply with quote
Hermosa... that makes sense regarding wanting to hear from others.

Other than what I've said above, I'm not sure how else to address the discount issue. If you buy a $100.00 cream and use it all up, do you expect a discount on a new bottle? It's not like FE is a renewable product that you have to keep purchasing over and over again. In 30 years, 3 editions. If you bought them all in 30 years, you would have spent what? $250.00? You get a life time supply out of your one purchase. You don't HAVE to go to the 3rd edition. And you get virtually unlimited assistance from experts online. It's a choice whether you use it or not. Is there no value in that? Hmmm...

I'm so glad everyone has been so kind with comments about Audrea. Not being an actress or a model, it can be tough putting your face up for others to judge.

Audrea is the only "model" in the DVD. The other is Deb. Of course Deb demonstrates the jolting and such.. as we were quite confident that everyone would assume an older face would suffer tremendously... We were seriously floored as the improvements we saw in Debs face. As I've always stated, she still ages to us. Granted she does so well... but it was weird to see improvement. She already looked pretty dang good!

Audrea's on the tale end of 35 in the video. She has been flexing since she was about 18. She's actually been teaching FE longer than me. Her scientific nature is MUCH stronger than mine... Full time she teaches Chemistry, Physics and Biology....

I've been trying to remember exactly when we started jolting and cross stretching. I feel it's been about 2 years now... back when I foolishly announced the new book was in the works... I was living in a different house when we started. So it's been at least 2 years. (0h I think my brain is aging!).... If that helps anyone...???

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:37 am      Reply with quote
Jeez... just reading the word YAWN makes me yawn. It could be the position that you're holding your mouth in just triggers it.

I don't have problems yawning with my routine. I do know that when I'm yawning, I could not accomplish most of my exercises... as a yawn fully engages my face just to finish... dang it... I've got to quit posting... I'm yawning like mad!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
Dear Claudia,

To be sure, I wasn't "asking" for a "discount." I sincerely wanted to know if there was a price being offered for those of us who already paid for one of the old versions, which guaranteed permanent access to the boards. Is that still the case?
I wasn't so much asking you to justify NOT giving a discount, as I was asking how FE is dealing with this very issue. If there is another thread or this discussion has already been addressed, by all means point me there...

I would consider buying the new program if convinced of the innovations, but as a student with limited resources, it's a gamble and I just want to know what I'm getting into--thanks!

--avalange

ClaudiaFE wrote:
Hermosa... that makes sense regarding wanting to hear from others.

Other than what I've said above, I'm not sure how else to address the discount issue. If you buy a $100.00 cream and use it all up, do you expect a discount on a new bottle? It's not like FE is a renewable product that you have to keep purchasing over and over again. In 30 years, 3 editions. If you bought them all in 30 years, you would have spent what? $250.00? You get a life time supply out of your one purchase. You don't HAVE to go to the 3rd edition. And you get virtually unlimited assistance from experts online. It's a choice whether you use it or not. Is there no value in that? Hmmm...

I'm so glad everyone has been so kind with comments about Audrea. Not being an actress or a model, it can be tough putting your face up for others to judge.

Audrea is the only "model" in the DVD. The other is Deb. Of course Deb demonstrates the jolting and such.. as we were quite confident that everyone would assume an older face would suffer tremendously... We were seriously floored as the improvements we saw in Debs face. As I've always stated, she still ages to us. Granted she does so well... but it was weird to see improvement. She already looked pretty dang good!

Audrea's on the tale end of 35 in the video. She has been flexing since she was about 18. She's actually been teaching FE longer than me. Her scientific nature is MUCH stronger than mine... Full time she teaches Chemistry, Physics and Biology....

I've been trying to remember exactly when we started jolting and cross stretching. I feel it's been about 2 years now... back when I foolishly announced the new book was in the works... I was living in a different house when we started. So it's been at least 2 years. (0h I think my brain is aging!).... If that helps anyone...???

http://newnaturalbeauty.tumblr.com/ 37, light-toned olive skin, broken caps, normal skin. My staples: Osea cleansing milk, Algae Oil, Advanced Protection Cream, Eyes & Lips, Tata Harper, Julie Hewett makeup, Amazing Cosmetics Powder, & By Terry Light Expert, Burnout, and daily inversion therapy and green smoothies!
lisacollins00
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:36 pm      Reply with quote
avalange wrote:
Dear Claudia,

To be sure, I wasn't "asking" for a "discount." I sincerely wanted to know if there was a price being offered for those of us who already paid for one of the old versions, which guaranteed permanent access to the boards. Is that still the case?
I wasn't so much asking you to justify NOT giving a discount, as I was asking how FE is dealing with this very issue. If there is another thread or this discussion has already been addressed, by all means point me there...

I would consider buying the new program if convinced of the innovations, but as a student with limited resources, it's a gamble and I just want to know what I'm getting into--thanks!

--avalange

If you didn't get it before the price increase just be on the outlook for a future promotion or watch at Ebay...I noticed on another forum that someone is wanting to sell theirs like an earlier poster in this thread....and they mentioned about maybe placing it on Ebay.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 2:42 pm      Reply with quote
No Problem Avalange... I understand... It has been asked earlier in this thread... Actually, it was brought up about 6 months before we finally published...

However, you will get access to the workshop no matter what... do you mean the workshop for the 2nd edition? It will remain open and we will continue to pop in there to answer questions. It will likely, however, slow down in participation. But you are ALWAYS welcome to ask for help to get your needs met! Wink

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 1:55 am      Reply with quote
I have to say I am extremely impressed with FlexEffect the new edition. The book is very comprehensive, with plenty of further work to come to once you have the daily exercises under your belt. This coupled with the DVD, CD & log book, all are geared to keep you on track, & jiggling things up so you, & your muscles don't get bored or complacent.

Additionally the forum & support is outstanding. No other facial exercise programme offers anything like this level of support. Here, too, on EDS Claudia is so helpful.

Although I am new to FlexEffect, I have done facial exercises on an off for over 12 years, so my knowledge of the muscle groups for working, came back pretty quickly, today is day 4 & at 5 reps, I am getting quicker at the 30 exercises.

Two need me to work on them, I know from the feel that I am not getting them quite right nor activating the correct muscle, but the knowledge that I can go onto the forum for extra help is reassuring. Today I am aware that my cheek & forehead muscles are sore & well used, this is a great feeling Smile I know I am on the right track.

So anyone dithering on the fence about buying, my advice - there is no other such comprehensive facial exercise system out there, believe me I have them all.

Hey! it was nice to see Kassy, Toby & some of the other names from EDS on the FlexEffect forum too, home from home Laughing

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
angelica

Wed Mar 31, 2010 2:37 am      Reply with quote
Claudia,i send u a pm,please check it out
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
I think that you're not likely to hear from Claudia for a couple of hours, as its early morning over there! I'm sure she'll respond when she does log on here, but you might want to send her a message on the forum, as she'll no doubt check there first (and hey if your like me and have a question, I'm just impatient so I love the fact that they answer the forum queries first!).
angelica wrote:
Claudia,i send u a pm,please check it out
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Angelica... I don't have a PM from you anywhere... Check your sent box... is it there?

If you can't get the PM's to work, you may e-mail me at Claudia@flexeffect.com

@katy: Very Happy

Hey EVERYONE... today I have 5 year old Twins!!!!

I can't believe it's been 5 years!!! They are just too cute for words! And of course give me a run for my money!

I'm off to deliver treats to their class (thank God DH is a chef... I'd never get to it!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
I'm away of prepaid cards, just never used them. I've always found paypal to be incredibly safe.

Longtime Paypal user here (10 years in March on ebay!). Just an FYI that my Paypal account has been compromised 3 times...2x through Paypal, and once through the Paypal Plugin.

The regular Paypal issues were refunded (my fav was the one where I was sending $50 every 20 mins directly from my bank account) Shock Shock Shock (thank goodness for the email alerts I was getting) but the Paypal Plugin offense was not. (they told me to figure out what I really bought from that webpage in some language I didn't speak Rolling Eyes ).

Prepaid cards are always a better bet, though a Visa or Mastercard version is the easiest to use on US sites.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Wow thats quite something, I've had a paypal account for ages and never had any trouble with it whatsoever. Strange.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 9:33 am      Reply with quote
I'll tell you... Paypal is NOT my favorite. They kind of stink on a bunch of levels...

There are things that could be WAYYYYYYYYYY better. As the insantiy lets up in our neck of the woods (will that EVER happen?) I suspect we'll be getting a whole new shopping cart that will allow paypal if you want... but won't be the only option.

You know... one thing I'd like to mention about our forum... It's NOT a lifetime guarantee... We don't SELL access to our forum. It's something we do as a bonus. I THINK it's pretty clearly stated that it's a privilege, not a purchase. Which might sound snooty, but couldn't come up with a better way of stating it.

Regardless, I highly suggest that IF you own the program you take advantage of that. I find that people that do, have the best results. Those that don't can end up having issues, and complain elsewhere...

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Having worked with the 2nd edition and now the third for me the difference is BIG. I feel like I have so much more clarity and can follow Andrea each session.....trying to manage doing some of the 2nd edition exercises with the book and them some with the dvd was not as motivating. The ease and clear demonstration for me is like a fresh start. Also with the pressure massage, jolting,and the rest it is like having a big gym where I can choose my workout.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 11:15 pm      Reply with quote
Well, it is April 15 and have not received my parcel yet Sad I ordered it on the 27 I think. Does it usually take so long?
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 1:51 am      Reply with quote
Depends where your based I think. I ordered it when it first came up for sale (and it hadn't arrived) but I know I received it in about two weeks. Email them, as I know that others have said that they got a pretty quick response (and think there is a shipping email somewhere but don't quote me on that!).

Theresa
margarett wrote:
Well, it is April 15 and have not received my parcel yet Sad I ordered it on the 27 I think. Does it usually take so long?
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
sorry if this is a stupid question but if you're considering trying FE for the first time can you just start by getting this 3'd edition or do you need to work up to it and/or buy the other editions too?

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 16, 2010 8:16 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna

Not a stupid question at all. The 3rd edition is suitable for complete newbies to facial exercises as well as old timers. Newbies are advised not to do everything straight away, and when you read the book your understand why, but you know something I wish when I started out I had a kit like the 3rd edition as I think its the ultimate thing I've seen so far (and I have used quite a few) but keep returning to FlexEffect.

I think also their forum is priceless. I know Ageless has a forum too, but its not staffed anywhere near as well as FlexEffects, which seems to always have trainers around. That alone in my mind is worth the money.

The dvd is great also as it demo's every exercise, which as I'm a visual learner I need. So I think its a great place to start from for sure!

Theresa
Pollyanna wrote:
sorry if this is a stupid question but if you're considering trying FE for the first time can you just start by getting this 3'd edition or do you need to work up to it and/or buy the other editions too?
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
Ok I got my package. Lots of reading to do now. It does say that it's ok to do the exercises after surgery once your doctor says it's ok. I just had lower eye lid surgery. I will check with my doctor first.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
This is to cross post my experience of FE.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=536021

Prior to FE, I have done Ageless for a couple of months and found it easy to follow.

That said, I need another program to build up my mid and upper cheek muscle and diminish the n/l fold.

Thus, I purchased FE (3rd edition) in Mar & found that it was a comprehensive program & could address my issues and needs.

After 2 weeks of daily exercise, I had found that the NL fold was obviously diminishing, exercise 12 did contribute it most.

Despite of the wrinkle under my eye, I will restart the FE soon!

The beauty of FE is that many FE users are in this forum and they come up and help you without reservation!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
Actually I think the beauty of FE is that they have their own forum with many dedicated trainers who help. Even though I did do Ageless for a while, its no where near staffed as much as FE is, and thats definitely a credit to them. I'm loving the 3rd edition too because my NL's are going (and it wasn't a goal of mine, as I just figured I always have them) and my hubby pointed out one day that they were less than they were previously (so I ran to the mirror to check and he was right, so for him to notice it has to be major).
summer2004 wrote:
The beauty of FE is that many FE users are in this forum and they come up and help you without reservation!
IMCathy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
I am so glad you are getting more results! Yay!!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 28, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hello... this sounds interesting....
.. can someone tell me how this would work?

Cross Stretching®: Skin remodeling for connective tissue repair. Increases collagen, elastin and reduces scar tissue.

Thanks!

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 12:07 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |