Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

The New Edition of FlexEffect is Here!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy

Let's not be the source of all the bunched panties of the world... Embarassed

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Just checking in: Anyone get theirs yet? Any good news yet? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Nope but I am about to stalk the postman!!! Laughing And I'll do a boogie dance when it arrives Dancing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Toby wrote:
cm5597 wrote:
Nope but I am about to stalk the postman!!! Laughing And I'll do a boogie dance when it arrives Dancing

He he, me too Smile I just stalked my building manager...no package yet...but hopefully tomorrow! I'm so excited! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Claudia - I'm sorry you cannot answer questions about Flex Effect on a Flex Effect thread. We answer questions about Rollers of different brands on the roller threads. I don't understand. I guess because you are a company owner of sorts - but still if we ask and you answer in an honest way without promotion or downplaying other Facial exercise products I don't understand why this isn't okay. Just what I think, but I'm probably missing something.

I'm very excited to hear what anyone has to say about the jolting???

ClaudiaFE wrote:
Hi Tanya... Please don't think I'm ignoring your question...

A response to your question is considered a Sales Pitch... and will and has been deleted in the past... So is sharing "tidbits" as someone requested earlier... that would be like a commercial... No???

If you want to get SPECIFIC answers from the horses mouth... well... go find the horse...LOL!

Dang... that's not very flattering now is it??? hahahahaha!

Ask me generic questions... those I can answer...

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 10, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
Look forward to Toby's boogie dance!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:19 am      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Claudia - I'm sorry you cannot answer questions about Flex Effect on a Flex Effect thread. We answer questions about Rollers of different brands on the roller threads. I don't understand. I guess because you are a company owner of sorts - but still if we ask and you answer in an honest way without promotion or downplaying other Facial exercise products I don't understand why this isn't okay. Just what I think, but I'm probably missing something.

Personally, I don't have a problem with people answering questions about their products they sell. There's Nanci from NCN, John from NOTCH, the guy from Safetox, the guys from Baby Q - they've all been very helpful to me in the past and have never been involved in any hard selling.

I do understand why self promotion isn't allowed though - because then we'd have all sorts of people cluttering up the Forum trying to flog us something. But when it's a product that many of us use, I think its very helpful when the seller is able to answer questions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:20 am      Reply with quote
I suppose it can look like when they answer questions about their products that its a sales pitch - and I've seen some people go way overboard and make accusations on threads here (as we all have) and then the mods step in (and do a great job at that it has to be said) but frustrating the threads get removed for a while without mention of them being looked at or addressed.

For one I remember Trigger making accusations against Shawn selling FlexEffect and that thread got removed for a while, but it was never made clear to me in that thread whether there was any real sales talk between him and Trigger (I think she had said she got PM's where she was messaged from two people recommending that they buy FlexEffect) and then she claimed that they had somehow removed the messages (again this is something though that I remember a mod stepping in and talking about EDS regulations but it was never clear to me whether they could amend those messages). Trigger later said in that thread that it wasn't selling but it was in fact self promotion. To me, I think thats partly the problem. If it was clear what exactly was changed, and whether it was because a complaint was received, or EDS regulations breached etc - I think that would be better.

I do think that its good that we got Claudia here though and the FE trainers, but then feel sorry for them as they kind of get a bad wrap when they do answer questions, and sometimes there have been some blatant attacks on them IMO.

I know someone said ages ago poor John got wrapped on the knuckles for speaking about his products - which is a real shame as I for one have learned a lot from his messages.

But also on the other hand, I think Ageless really got launched on EDS and Lou does come by here and answers questions (which I think is great) but I notice that she doesn't seem to get the same treatment as they do and so don't know if they need to apply to be able to post on here or something? I'd be curious to know.

I think the mods do a brilliant job, and its not a criticism as such, merely a suggestion that I would like them to consider doing. I know from others that mods have modified threads here in the past, but would love to see them actually putting a note on the threads as to whats been modified and why - as that would kind of ease my comfort. I think they do a fantastic job, but sometimes I feel uneasy when things get changed without mention (and am at that age where memory is playing tricks on me so sometimes I'm convinced something was said, but when I relook its different).
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah... I don't mind answering questions... But I can't sit and spend extra time crafting a response so that those that just have it in for me can sit on the "report" button... It's really too much work for me, and I'm sure even the moderators (I KNOW what a PITA pettiness is!) I've never expereinced such hostility as I have on this forum. Anywhere.

As an example, because so many people had asked here within the thread and such when product was shipped, I took the opportunity with my time crunch to just say... if you ordered by such and such date, then it shipped... There is no one else here that can answer that question with any sort of authority...

Then another person comes and complains within the thread that stating that orders shipped is selling... then my post gets deleted... I'm told another 2 or 3 posts have either been deleted or altered (within this thread only)... and there is no indication that any of my posts have been altered. I don't have time to even figure out which ones they are... and no idea if altering them took them out of context... which if it did, then it looks as though I might have said/wrote something I didn't mean. Right now I'm forced to trust that they are fine...

Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
At the same time, I've dealt with some really inspiring people here who seem to really enjoy the exchanges... It's not like me to turn and run 'cause of some seriously bad apples... They will always exist. So, I will do my best to help those that ask for it.
Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

But I guess, I have to ask that you HELP ME HELP YOU! It's not as though anyone has to drive 3 miles out of their way to find me online. Wink

The moderators are fine BTW. Doing their job. I have no beef there.

I don't have time for double work. Plain and simple. And I can't keep records of all my posts so that I can repost elsewhere if they get deleted... or at least know what I actually wrote... as opposed to what's actually there.

It's really a damned if you damned if you don't situation.

5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
Is it possible to describe what is in the new product? there is NO information on what the new edition has that is worth the money for those of us that have the old book. i don't need a cd or a log or to see demonstrations of the exercises.

their site just has a bunch of trademarked buzz words that have no meaning whatsoever and mentions "skin remodelling" "bone remodelling" "elastin and collagen remodeling" or similar terms that are hot now..

I'd like to know if the new stuff (and from what i can tell is only 3 or 4 things) is worth $95...or $125 before I committ.

I understand the policies here about selling/promoting but surely something can be said or put out on their site. thnx!
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:08 pm      Reply with quote
Yay! I just received mine in the mail today!!!
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:33 pm      Reply with quote
In the midst of the angst, I'm doing my happy dance ... Dancing Dancing Dancing ... (I'll leave the "boogie dancers" for Toby's pleasure... Wink )

My program came today, and I'll be reading and viewing the DVD the rest of the day. (So excited!)

1st glance thoughts; Everything and anything related to the skin and it's rejuvination is covered in this book, and to me, seems like MUCH more information than the previous program.

There is also a seperate "Training Log" (thick, sturdy + spiraled) which I love, love, love, with a place for progress pictures, and for tracking your progress every step of the way...

Also included is the "Resistance Training" DVD and the "Personal Trainer" audio CD.

I'm off to read, but with the little I saw, I feel confident in saying that I got my $90. worth and then some, some, + some more! (And that's coming from a lazy girl who doesn't like exercise in any form, and already owns every facial exercise program out there.)

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:11 pm      Reply with quote
I got mine, too! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
I can't wait to hear everyone's thoughts. And I sure hope Claudia will feel free to answer questions. We're fortunate to have her.

If you don't want to read about Flex Effect don't read the Flex Effect threads. It's simple.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:10 pm      Reply with quote
Happy... the answer to that question is a Sales pitch... flat out...

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:17 pm      Reply with quote
happygolucky wrote:
Is it possible to describe what is in the new product? there is NO information on what the new edition has that is worth the money for those of us that have the old book. i don't need a cd or a log or to see demonstrations of the exercises.

their site just has a bunch of trademarked buzz words that have no meaning whatsoever and mentions "skin remodelling" "bone remodelling" "elastin and collagen remodeling" or similar terms that are hot now..

I'd like to know if the new stuff (and from what i can tell is only 3 or 4 things) is worth $95...or $125 before I committ.

I understand the policies here about selling/promoting but surely something can be said or put out on their site. thnx!

I find this a weird statement given this statement by you back in Dec.

"Hi!

I'm a newbie and i DON'T do any face exercise program. I am interested in learning about them though so i can decide whether i should or not.

I do agree w Trigger that alot of the posts from those who are affiliated w Flex are like infomercials for their products. I know where there forum is and i can go there if i want their point of view. i am interested in what the opinions of those who use the programs aand don't make money off it are.

Please don't turn these threads into what program can push their product more. and i find the idea of PMing people and pushing them towards their product to be very unethical.
Thanks to all those that are honest and provide their real life experiences. I am learning lots.."

Very weird that you knew nothing of facial exercises at all in Dec., Somehow managed to purchase our out of stock product, know it well enough NOT to need a visual guide (even the best here need that!)

Ask in previous thread not to push towards product, and then ask for a detailed description here...

Surely you can see how conflicting this sort of behavior is...

Just how am I supposed to respond here on EDS???

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'm leaning towards buying this program and would appreciate any reviews you all can give. I would also like to know how much time per day do you have to do it to see results. I like the Maggio program, but many times I forget to do the exercises in the evenings (I have no problem in the mornings because I do them right after my body exercises). Thanks! Smile
happygolucky
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
Happy... the answer to that question is a Sales pitch... flat out...

Not a sales pitch-it's a request for more information on YOUR site. not here.
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:34 pm      Reply with quote
I don't closely track anyone's posts, including my own, so forgive me if I am contradicting something that I posted a few months ago.

I bought FlexEffect last summer (understanding that a new version was coming out "soon" but that a new version had been in the works for a while) and have the same questions as Happy: what is different and new? I expect that the production values will be much greater, and I know that a training journal is included (not a draw for me, but I realize it's a motivator for some). I am hoping for some descriptions after y'all get past the first glance phase.
happygolucky
5% products discount

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for your lovely reply, Claudia, but i did buy a used copy of your program. i have been doing some of the exercises and i am able to understand them and follow them. what's the problem there?

I asked for more information ON YOUR SITE. not here. please read more carefully.
Kassy_A
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
2nd glance; I only see 30 exercises, and thought I read somewhere that there were 55 with this program, so just mentioning it.

I haven't viewed the DVD yet, but the 'massage' info in the book is the same as the previous book.. I was hoping for something more understandable, so hopefully the DVD will cover that.

* New training variation suggestions will cover most needs.

* "Jolting, Pressure Reps + Cross Stretching" are new to me, and I don't get it at all from the book.. Sad The DVD covers this, so my fingers are crossed.

* Most of the Skin Regeneration and Supplement advice is the same as the last book, but what's new is material that will give you a better understanding of the skin and all it's components, as well as in depth explanations of muscles, ligaments and the skin matrix.

When DH goes to bed it will be DVD time. He's a PITA when he doesn't have my undivided attention.. Rolling Eyes

♥I'm flattered by all the lovely PM's, but I don't get here much these days. Please don't be afraid to post your quearies to other DIY members who will be glad to help you (or sell you their wares..lol) Still happy with LED, dermarolling and a DIY antioxidant regime. Peace & Hugs to all.♥
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:53 pm      Reply with quote
Oh.. Yes, I see that Happy... Wink

Wow... you found a used book! That's amazing!

Edited to move my explanation to a more appropriate forum...

Now I will tell you... quite frankly, if you've only been doing FE's since December, you are not ready for either of our new practices. They are quite agressive. So not knowing you at all, or your circumstances I would make a generalized statement that you should wait... especially since you see no value in any of the other products.

KASSY.... Don't tell me you haven't played that DVD yet!!!! WELL??????

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Some of the exercises are broken into variations... They are/can each be done on their own... part of building your own regime.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
As an example, because so many people had asked here within the thread and such when product was shipped, I took the opportunity with my time crunch to just say... if you ordered by such and such date, then it shipped... There is no one else here that can answer that question with any sort of authority...

Then another person comes and complains within the thread that stating that orders shipped is selling... then my post gets deleted... I'm told another 2 or 3 posts have either been deleted or altered (within this thread only)... and there is no indication that any of my posts have been altered.Right now I'm forced to trust that they are fine...

I have always had a lot of respect for the vast amount of knowledge about Flex Effect/facial exercise that you share here, Claudia and I am certainly not one of the ones that you think "has it out for you" (far from it) but I do think you are making the issue of the appropriateness of your posts in this thread much more complicated than it needs to be. IMHO, posting about a product is fine and dandy, that's what we are all here for after all, but taking advantage of the forum by providing shipping updates to your existing customers is not. As you saw later in this thread, doing so breeds even MORE inquiries (though there were very few to begin with) from the next customer who wants to know when their product will arrive in Timbuktu, etc. It really is that simple and is just a matter of respecting forum readers. If you step back and look at it from a practical perspective, can you even imagine how tedious forum reading would be if every seller of every product that is discussed on EDS "took the opportunity", as you did, to answer customer customer service inquiries on here? Yikes.
I do agree with you that posters need to be mindful of the fact that there are a ton of ways to get their specific order questions answered. EDS's PM system is just one of those ways.
That said,the moderators have made it clear that there are rules that need to be followed for the benefit of all, and if the rules are broken, one shouldn't be surprised nor act picked upon when/if their posts are removed. (btw, there was more than one shipping update that you provided so that may account for the discrepancy that you thought existed with the numbers in the mod's note)
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
HAVANA... YOU ARE A ROCK STAR... Thanks for the PM!

I think the best practice here would be if you have a customer service question... contact customer service...

SWISSMOM, Our approach has changed a bit from the way we used to direct people.

So, for the purpose of learning materials, via reading and video observation... your time committment is a bit more involved.

However, as you learn your face, taking notes and photo observations you will start to realize what your PERSONAL needs are.

Now, some people are simply more intuitive than others, and they will be off and making changes to their routines immediately.

Others will need some time, and end up as prescribed with a 12-20 minute daily regime.

You can do your work whenever you want...

I do some in the shower. Some at bed time, some while watching a tv. program... I'm all over the board.... it really depends on my schedule.

If I'm feeling I've neglected my face, I make take a few days and work for an hour straight... just to jump start some quick improvement...

There are days I'm soooo busy, I get in just my massage, cross stretching and few favorite exercises.

If my kids are sick, and I'm working through a book release, and the fundraiser for the kids preschool... good God, I squeeze in what I can... Your facial muscle has memory... you just do what you can!

So... think in terms of working out at the gym.

You can go to Curves, and have a preset 30 minute workout and do pretty good.

If you're perfectly content you just stay with that.

If you get into the tweaking of routines, then you become like a serious body builder. You break it down. You do one thing one day, something another.... but in the end it's all wrapped around your learning curve, goals, and how much you want to commit to it.

There's NO one size fits all...

So, the time frame spent is up to you! You can ask for help in meeting your needs...

Fri Apr 19, 2024 6:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |