Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
hey thanks...yeah its on wa lking distance of 20 mins or drving distance of 3 minutes Smilei m glad now i know which mineral makeup i have to buy Smile but i m not sure how is it different than other nonmineral foundations and powders ?ok i know its a bit healtheir since it doesnt cause u to breakout and its made from minerals but does it give a better look on ur face or a neater and more natural thn the regualr ones ?
Anyway...
End of 4th week....
My skin is still a bit pink but alot less...using all the same stuff in the same quantity that is cleanser toner clear and exfo forte in the morning and then cleanser,toner,clear and (blender+retin a) at night...Skin looks the same as it was in the 3rd week,,,except that it is less red...hmmm cant see any progress though...infact the acne scars that were almost disappear completely,,,are visible again,,though less than they were originally before starting nuderm,,but they were gone by the 3rd week of nuderm...so not sure what to expect...the blotchiness was alot before starting nuderm and it was rediced to alomost 75 to 80 percent by the 3 rd week of use,,,but no more progress after the 3rd week...still havent got any wow feeling,,,the feeling i got after accutane use...i still miss it and hope i will get reults atleast close to that after completing the 24 week cycle.......
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
a good news that forgot to tell u guys....
My hubby is very very anti obagi and anti chemicals ...u know what i mean...he never encourages me to use such stuff as he htinks its a total wastage of money ....
But this time i m sure he can see some difference,,,a good difference in my skin....today while we were sitting a talking and he thought i was not looking at him,but actually i was) he was staring at my skin and i swear i knew why he did that ...because today for the first time even he thought,,,wow i think the obagi nuderm that she ordered few weeks ago,,,is really working,,,her skin is really really getting better,,,,finally she has not wasted my money this time Smile
but i know he wont admit it,,because he was th eone who was convincing me not to waste money on obagi Smile i hope after few weeks he can look at me and say yes Obagi has worked,,you r beautiful again Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 1:53 pm      Reply with quote
End of 4th week update....

Till yesterday night,,,i was not feeling very happy abut the results of obagi so far....well today when i woke up i didnt look in the mirror,,,as my 7 months old baby was being so demanding,,,,so i fed him cereal,,talked to a firend of mine on phone and then yeah all of a sudden i remembered i had to do the obagi morning regimen,,,and i then i saw my face in the mirror after 2 hours of waking uppp and what i saw was different than yesterday and it made me happy......the redness is much much much less than yesterday although i applied everything in the same quantity last night as i always do...my acne scars are less noticeable and i know they become more noticeable(like they were yesterday) when my face is reddish,,,the scars get more reddish and look like tiny red pits,,,but they are hardly visible today since the redness is almost gone,atleast for today Smile Skin looks more even tone b/c of no redness on face,,Skin has healthy glow on it...so overall my skin is looking better today...i wish it only gets better and not worse...so ask people always say that the best change would be after the 12th week,,,so not bad,,,,its improving gradually ....and i am happy about it...When i started obagi,,,my skin was on 0 IF I MEASURE IT ON A SCALE OF 1 TO 10,,,BUT TODAY I CAN SAY HAPPILY THAT IT IS ON 7.....Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Good for you, Maheen! We've all had our skin ups and downs with Obagi; everyday seems to bring something different.

I think your results are coming along quite quickly -- remember, you've only been at this for four weeks!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 31, 2010 8:28 pm      Reply with quote
yesx Kims u r soo right.,,only 4 weeks but know i hope that after the 18th week there r no more downs only UPS Smile ofcourse once i comlete the cycles i dont wanna wake up with a blotchy and unheathy loooking skin again...i hope these ups and downs are only for the time being and its gonna be up for good then Smile
i m sooo sxcited to see what the future holds for me Smile
thanks for all the support though Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
yesx Kims u r soo right.,,only 4 weeks but know i hope that after the 18th week there r no more downs only UPS Smile ofcourse once i comlete the cycles i dont wanna wake up with a blotchy and unheathy loooking skin again...i hope these ups and downs are only for the time being and its gonna be up for good then Smile
i m sooo sxcited to see what the future holds for me Smile
thanks for all the support though Smile

Hi Maheen,
To keep your results after 18 weeks, you'll go on maintenance -- that's where I'm at now. We work so hard to improve our skin that I definitely want to maintain the improvement I've reached so far.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 01, 2010 5:17 pm      Reply with quote
KIms i have a problem with going on maintenance phase...okay let me tell you...
i have one 7 month old baby and me and my hubby"s plan is to try for another baby from july of this year,,,so my 24 week plan is gonig to finish in somewhere june,,,,and i really dont know what to do since i know retin a cannot be used even if u r trying to get pregnant...ogfoucrse i dont want my skin to revert back to where it was,,,i have soent so much money on it plus after a long long time i have hopes for my skin again b/c of obagi...dotn know if there is another way i can try to keep the results form fading...
Do u think if i use kojic acid pads plus regular professional microderamabrasion every month,,,it would help me...
Kims have u heard of the timepeel at home microdermabrasion machine ?...do u know someone who has used it ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 05, 2010 10:04 pm      Reply with quote
5th week update...
5th week hasnt completed yet,,,another 3 days in its completion but i thought to updat anyone who is following this thread.....
Blotchiness gone 88%
Smoother skin 70 percent than before..
More supple.
Still have some acne left on my cheeks(caused by retin a)...i hardly had any acne before starting obagi...
Skin overall looks more healthy and supple/vibrant...

Overall i m happy about this progress..havent completed even 6 weeks so i can hope for more i guess...there is still much place for improvement...iat the end of 18weeks,,i expect my skin to be completely even toned,,,acne scars should look less prominent( i know they wont go away completely with obagi),,,want a more vibrant look to my skin.....Smile
But agib,,overall my skin is much much better than when i started it ...obagi has the biggest effect pn my very blotchy dirty looking skin,,and i know this is just the beginning ;0SmileSmileSmile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:31 am      Reply with quote
Maheen,
I still think your results are phenomenal for only 5 weeks! Imagine what your skin will be like at the end of this.

I know you can't use retin a or hydroquinine during pregnancy -- or while trying to get pregnant. I suggest you talk to your doctor about any topicals you might want to use. I understand how you feel; you work so hard to get your skin in its best possible shape and you don't want to go backwards.

One of my best defenses against sun spots is the daily use of a physical sunscreen. I use NIA 24.
I also think peels, microdermabrasions, and even IPL treatments will help keep your skin smooth and even-toned.

I've never used the TimePeel, but I know Keliu has had great success with it. If it's something that works for you, I definitely think the price is justifiable.

Keep up the good work, enjoy your baby, and keep us posted! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
thanks kims for the words of encouragement Smile made me happy and even more hopeful Smile yes u r absolutely right.....skin is getting better and its only been 5 weeks....its even better today.,,,,i m sure as soon as these little bits of acne would disappear,,,there will be less pink stuff on my face and my face will look even more toned Smile the pigmentation is much much less than without nuderm...happy Smile
yeah i will get the timepeel in july,,on my birthday,,as a gift form hubby SmileSmileSmile
i ll keep u updated Smile
tk care Kims
bubyeee for now...Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
KIms,,,,forgot to ask u,,is NIA 24 a physical sunblock ? is it greasy ? and does it leave a white residue ?
do u like this sunblock more than the others u have used ?
where do i buy it from ?

sorry for asking so many questions SmileSmileSmile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 8:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, congratulations on the great results you are having with obagi. I've been on it for 1 month and my skin is still tight and flaky although the redness is not as much. I know everyone reacts to Obagi differently so I am just trying to wait it out.

You can buy the NIA products here on EDS. I am also looking at the John Masters mineral sunscreen but haven't decided yet.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 06, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
maheen,
The NIA 24 does go on with a whitish cast but soaks in rather quickly. I then use my mineral make up over it. I also liked the sunscreen that came with the Obagi Nuderm. I haven't used many ss (alas, that is why my skin has suffered so much sun damage over the years!)

I also buy the NIA 24 at EDS. I really like their products and have considered incorporating them into maintenance.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 08, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I am so glad i found this thread. I feel like i can relate to everything you wrote. Smile I just want my skin to be pretty again. I have 3 children and have been plagued with melasma/dullness/breakouts since pregnancy. I feel comfort in knowing i'm not the only mom struggling with the skin i'm in!

Sheila www.xanga.com/poulinsj
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
i think for me the dry ,red, peeling stage is done....finally, hehe. but i do not feel there is too much change in my skin now....less pimple that is for sure. but the other part, i dunno. but i will wait till the end to make conclusion
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
hey poulinsj welcome on this thread Smile yes u r not the only one who is struggling with these problems,,,,,,i am with you Smile aaah still cant say my skin is good now,,,,i want a pretty skin,,,or atleast the skin i had 3 yearso ago,,,it was alomost spotless,,,not 100% perfect but much much better than this..atleast people used to com;iment me that i was pretty,,,not anymore Sad
Anyway,,,did u start using obagi nuderm or u ll first see our results and then u ll decide ?

Update..Beginning of 6th week :

Plz read the update on week 5,,,its still the same SadSadSad
Yeah the cne is almost gone...and the rest is the same Smile
Wish m luck,,,i am waiting for the big change to happen now SmileSmileSmile...havent given up hopes yet Smile
Hellenzq,,,,which week is this for u ? have u started ur second cycle yet ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 08, 2010 9:42 pm      Reply with quote
well right now i am not feeling too happy about all this nuderm....it is almost 11:30 p.m here and i am still awake....i m not so happy bcuz i dont know if i m the only one or tere r other people like me who has experienced this as well...the thing is thta,,,when i wake up in th emorning,,,there is less redness on my face and also the complexion looks more even toned....then when i apply the morning regimen of obagi,,,,then my face turns slightly pink,,,which i dont mind,,it still looks as if nuerm is working,,,but at night,,,,when i look my face in the mirror(doesnot mater if i have applied retina already or NOT),,,all my happiness ruins when i see that my face still looks very un eventoned....the blotchy skin for which i started using nuderm system,,,,is still there....it happens usually at night may be after 7 p.m,,,..just an estimate..or u can say as the night approaches my blotchiness on my face gets more and more noticeable and that dirty looking skin comes back...i was sooo happy cuz i hate this blotchy skin and it was the main reason i started using this systeme......this is the begining of my 6th week,,,,what to do if the blotchiness is still there,,,,,,,,,,,????aaaahhhhhhh...sad Sad
poulinsj
5% products discount

Tue Feb 09, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hey there! I am back to using the Nu Derm as my stubborn brown spots and blemishes are back. I used Dermalen with great success. I've been battling these issues for years!! I blogged about them in detail atwww.xanga.com/poulinsj

I completely understand your frustrations. It's a combination of aging/blemishes/overall blah skin that gets me down...

Sheila
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:05 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
this is the begining of my 6th week,,,,what to do if the blotchiness is still there,,,,,,,,,,,????aaaahhhhhhh...sad Sad

You need to relax and give the topicals a chance to work. You are not going to see major change in 6 weeks. You are still VERY early on in the 18 weeks! Just keep using the products and the change will come.
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
haha, i am 9 week and half now

nothing really changed to me, but maybe i should take some before and after picture....
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
haha, i am 9 week and half now

nothing really changed to me, but maybe i should take some before and after picture....

That actually is a great idea. I think you will be surprised to see how your skin looks from month to month while using Nu Derm. There are definite changes, and some you won't notice unless you compare pictures!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
yeah still many weeks to go....havent lose hope....My cousins are older than me ,,,,they r 32,,,35 ,,,38,,,,,and they have their skin in the same excellent condition they had when they were 25,,,,so i m 30 and i dont think if its the rigth age to start showing such signs,,,,neither of my friends have any changes in their skin,,,,whats wrong with mine ? i know its because of OCPS and most importantly bcuz of rheumatoid arthrtis medicines that warned me they make u extra sensitive to sun,,,and for 3 years i took those medicines with absolutely no sunscreen northing at all....so i m paying back...la la la...
Riley u r soo right,,,,its the beginnig of 6th week,,,lets see what happens in another 6 weeks Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:

Riley u r soo right,,,,its the beginnig of 6th week,,,lets see what happens in another 6 weeks Smile

Maheen, I look at it like this, relax and enjoy the ride. Sounds silly to try to enjoy when your face red, flaking, etc. But, think about it this way, all that flaking is getting rid of the dead cells, in time the topicals are getting down deeper to do their job and reduce and/or eliminate pigmentation problems. So, the whole thing is a process and your skin is getting better "underneath" first where you can't see it, and then the change comes to the surface. If you can, try to take pictures. Now when you are just starting your 6th week, and in another 6 weeks and then compare them. I bet you will be very happy with the changes you see.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Ok, this gives me hope, I'm on Nuderm for a month and even using the tretinoin gel and not the cream, I still don't like the way my pores look. But I "think" that my face is a bit softer to the touch. So it must be working somehow. In the last 2 days my skin doesn't seem to be as flaky as it used to be so maybe I am acclimatizing to the system and then the work will begin in the cellular level. Or so I am hoping! Rileygirl, I've read some of your earlier posts when you were just beginning your Nuderm journey and you weren't too sure about it then too but now you are one of the best advocates of it. Hopefully us newbies will feel the same way in 18 weeks or less!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 09, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
yes Riley girl,,,,u r a big help to everyone out there who is usung obagi nuderm...and u and kims r one of the main reasons why many people dont discontinue suing it...You and Kims have helped me alot,,,,so here is what i am thinknig now...
Today,,,i went in front of the mirror,,,not at night,,,but in the afternoon,,,and i was nt looking pretty to myself,,,,but i dont wanna lie,,,my face was overall looking better than before when i had nt started using obagi....it is soft for sure,,,but i was happy to see that overall the skin tone has improved alot,,,ofcours there is still alot of room for improvement but honestly obagi has made my skin much better...i m still peeling on and off,,,and i dont worry about that as long as i m seeing results....
Lets see what i have to say in another few days Smile hope its all good...
Best of luck to everyone hwo is on this systeme,,,,,,Riley,,,u r soo right,,,,i m sure too that at the end of 18 weeks,,i m going to love the results,,,,infact i ll do the 24 week cycle Smile
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 6:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |