Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone...i am 3o years old,,married with one cute 6 month old babyboy...i am happy about everything in my life except for two...
1..i m obese,weigh 168 pounds after the baby and it used to be 130 pounds...
2...my skin is a total mess...
Okay so here is my skin messing story..My skin used to be beautful until i turned 21,,,got huge breakouts and the cycle never ended till i got 24 and i started using accutane...Just in a year my skin was again,,the most beautiful skin anyone could imagine..lasted for few years..no breakouts during that time...People used to tell me what i was using since i turned in to a beautiful swan form an ugly duck..
Anyway..then i got married in 2006 dec and in 2007 i developed rh arthritis for which i had to take strong medicines that could make a person"s skin very sensitive to damage by sunlight and i never gave it any importance,,never applied sunblock...so,,,my skin got damage again,,,more damaged than when it was in my early 20"s...
Condition of my skin...
1..very very blotchy skin...
2...very dehydrated...and dry...
3...Los of acne deep scars...
4...lifeless and looks very dirty no matter what foundation i apply on my face...

i had beeen battling this for the past 3 years,,i tried many creams,,,and changed my diet,,did all i could,,,nothing saved my skin...yeah dont wanna forget to mention,,i also got strong TCA peel done thrice,,,felt like it was worth it,,only for 2 days and then after 2 days i would feel oh God i wasted another 300 dollars in one sitting...
Finally somehow found out about Obagi nuderm..did alot of research and i swear felt like i got a hope to be happy again,,,since my hubby is very handsome and i used to be a retty girl.,,,but u know when ur skinis not pretty anymore,,,doesnt matter how beauful ur features are,,,u loo horible and miserable...so i wanted my skin and my beauty back no matter what...
So finally i ordered all the obagi products myself,,,no doctor etc...and since the jan 5th 2010 i am using it regularly...
this is my regimen..
day time,,,
foaming gel
toner
clear
exfoderm forte

Night time...
foaming gel
toner,
clear
blender and tretinoin 0.1 percent mixed...

so...
today is my 23rd day on obagi which is i guess the beginning of 4th week...what have i notiiced so far ?
hmmm...for the first 2 weeks,,,excessive peeling,,,redness,,,flakiness,,,tingling burning etc...i promised myself not to give up..my skin was dry and few people infcat strangers asked me if i got a sun burn...

Now is my 4th week so here what i have noticed...
Less redness than before,,,
a bit less peeling...
90 percent blotchiness gone...
Acne scars reduced in appearance (75 percent)
Skin feels smoother.
More vibrant...
more supple and hydrated.

I havent still got that WOW feeling that i was hoping when i started the plan and also what i have read in many people"s reviews who used it...i know it is too early to say anything or get disappointed...what i am waiting for is a more vibrant and close to if not,,perfect skin...if ur skin is beautiful,,,u look beautiful...actually when i used accutane,,,my skin got so beautiful that i cant explain and honeslty i am waiting for that to happen this time or may be somehting close to that if not exaclty that,,,,it wa sso hard for me to live with a dirty ugly skin for 3 years with a goodlooknig husband...oh God,,,ieach and everyday i would wake up and look myself in the mirror and recall the last time i had a beautful skin...i still miss those days,,,i used to look pretty,,,it was only 3 yrs ago when it was true for me...
i lleaither post everyother day or may be every 3 to 4 days for an update,,,,anyone who is interested in following my posts is mosre than welcome,,may be this can help some one who is as in need...
For now,,, i am really happy with the results,,,for what i have already achieved,i guess 3 weeks period is not that bad...Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:20 pm      Reply with quote
forgot to mention....the flakiness and peeling appears less n my face now and the reason is i guess that for the past few days,,when i take shower,,everyday i let my face get wet for 2 to 3 minutes or may be more and then irub my face very gently,,which cause all the dead skin to peel and come off in literally sheets ...i do it everyday in the mor ning before applying the regimen ...
hellenzqq
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
i am very interested in reading it. please keep update
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
i certainly will...Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 1:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hellenzqq...plz can u tell me if you are also using the obagi nuderm ? if yes,then u used it for what and how far along r u ?so far are u seeing any results ?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 27, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen1,
It sounds like to me that you're having really great results in a very short period of time. Your skin seems to be reacting in a typical Obagi fashion -- redness, peeling, etc. Imagine what your skin will look like when you're finished with all 18 weeks!!

I understand what you mean about having fabulous skin after using Accutane. I also had cystic acne in my early 20's.

Nuderm will work for you. Be patient and kind to yourself! Smile

Also, don't forget the sunscreen. Wear it each and every day no matter the weather.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Hellenzqq...plz can u tell me if you are also using the obagi nuderm ? if yes,then u used it for what and how far along r u ?so far are u seeing any results ?

yeah, i am using nuderm, and i have been using it for about 9 weeks now. to be honestly, besides my skin being very dry, i do not notice any result. I had the crazy redness, peeling, dryness for like 3-4 weeks at the begining. now the redness and peeling are better, the dryness just never seems to go away.

my pores were smaller at one point, i think might be the result of the dryness, but now I cannot tell if it is smaller....my pimples they are actually coming back again these days.....

I dunno, feel wannt cry.....went through such a pain progress and nothing really worth to be cheer up at all....

but I am not giving up yet, thanks for kims and others, no matter what, I want to finish my 18 weeks progress.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:49 pm      Reply with quote
ff
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:53 pm      Reply with quote
hmmmm Hellen i feel sorry for you and for myself as well....i hadf a hope that may be finally there was something that could save my skin...i swear this skin issue is really big for me...i look ugly b/c of my skin and i do agree that it as gotten much better after nuderm use...but u know this is not a guarantee it will stay the same b/c i think that in the beginning of use,,,u might have also got some good results...didnt u ? and u must be thinknig as well its is working finally....oh God...u know,,,dont give up...kim and everyone else is right.,,,,,keep trying,,,complete the 18 weeks cycle and may be what u r going thru is temporary,,,may be the best is yet to come...most of the people say that initially they see some good outcome but the WOW feeling comes after the 12th week begins....so hang in there,,,dont cry,,,,,hope for the best...u still have weeks left......
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 5:57 pm      Reply with quote
Kims thank u soo soo soo much for the words of appreciation...i ll definitley look for the best physical sunblock...hmmm i dont know the difference between a sunblock and a sunscreen,,,which one should i buy...and my question is that i stay at home,,,i am house wife,,,i keep the blinds of all room closed in the afternoon,,,but the bulbs are ofcourse on,,,so do u honeslty think i should be applying a sunblock even if i am staying at home all time or u think i dont need to do that and i can let my skin breathe...I am still not sure about this one....
thnaks alot Smile
By the way did u ever try nuderm too ? hmm if yes,,,then did u get that WOW results ? if yes,,,then can the results still be seen or they have diappeared after a while...see there r so many people who neevr get a good result with that and so many people who do...hmmm i can already see improvement so i ope for the ebst,,,but i dont want the results to diappear once i start maintenece...
what do u say Kims ?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 6:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen1,
I did the full Nuderm routine for 28 weeks before I went on maintenance. Like you, I did a round of Accutane in my early 20's and had the very best skin I had ever had. Unfortunately, I didn't really take care of it after that -- no sunscreen and no skin care routine to speak of.

I started Obagi because I had serious sun damage, some acne scarring, and rough texture. I really didn't see any real improvements until about the 3-4 month mark. My results were so subtle along the way, that I really never had a "Wow" moment. However, nearly all of my sun spots are gone and my skin is very clear -- not perfect, but much, much better than it was before Nuderm. And, I have been able to maintain my results.

Remember, you are quite a bit younger than me. I wish I'd known about Obagi when I was 30!! You are way ahead of the game and are very wise to start taking care of your skin now.

Nuderm is a very intense treatment and I think you are going to have fabulous results!

Re: Sunscreen: I put sunscreen on every day because it's just part of my skin care routine even if I'm in for the day. I currently use NIA24. There are some threads on the forum that discuss physical sunscreens; it might be helpful if you take a look at them. Also, check out some of the older (and current) obagi
threads, there's a plethora of information, experiences, and support!

Keep us updated! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 7:09 pm      Reply with quote
it is pretty funny, these days I just put some cetphil lotion after I wash my face, and right before I put clear.

all my dryness just gone.....I dunno if it is because my face is finally get over the tough part(which I do not think so Smile)

I am still using obagi step 3,4,5 as I used to, my face is actually looked pretty nice. the redness is almost not noticable too.

I know we are not suppose to use a moisture while using obagi, it will slow down the whole progress. but I really do not mind to make the progress from 18 to 28 or whatever, as long as it is working, and easy to bear.

I think no moisture at all is just not for me at this season with the -20degree outside.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 28, 2010 11:09 pm      Reply with quote
WOW Kim i am sooo happy for you.,,your skin has become clearer and much better than before....i am sure it will stay the same since now u know u cant stop using a sunblock,,,i wont either,,,,but still not sure to apply sunblock while at home or not ?
Sorry if i am asking too many questions but could u tell me that for e.g if after using accutane your skin was 10 on the scale of one to 10,,,how would u grade it after using nuderm for 24 to 28 weeks ?like 5 or 6 ? or more or less....
See we did the same thing,,,used accutane,,,gained the best results and messed up with them ourselves because we were being careless....but i m sure u r doing pretty good...plzzzzcan u tell me about where would u rate the skin after nuderm full cycles ?
I am using Nuderm as my last try to fix my skin,,,seriously,,,it wont do anything,,,nothing can...but u tell me it will Smile
U r my hope...thanks buddy...

And for u Hellen...dont give up,,,and u r right cetapil gives a very soft touch to ur skin but i wont use it even though my skin is very dry...u know why ? because people tell me it slows or cancels the effect of tretinoin,,,it causes less peeling etc etc....but u know what u r doing,,,if u r satisfied with what u r doing,,,then ,,u know whats best for you...
Best of Luck...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:24 am      Reply with quote
Honeslty i want to look pretty again....i am sure my husband still missess the pretty me and i do that too more than anyone else...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
You know, I don't think my skin was ever a "10." But, then, sometimes we are often our toughest critic. What you have going for you is the fact that you are still very young and I think your skin will (and is) responding favorably to the Nuderm products. I think the key is consistency and having a plan in place for maintenance once we achieve the results we want.

If I had to rate my skin now, I would probably give it a 7. My sun spots are most all gone,but my skin is still on the oily side and my pores are larger than I'd like them to be. That said, with make-up on, I'd give my skin an 8! But it is still a work in progress.

Maheen, I have confidence that you will be able to get your skin looking great again!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Helen,
I don't know how you do it in -20 degrees!! It's snowing where I live today (mid-west U.S.) and it's 19 -- which I think is COLD!

Sounds like your face is feeling better using a little moisturizer. I'd try to get by with the minimum, if possible. If it takes you a few extra weeks to get the results you want -- then so be it! It will be fine. You'll get there.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:15 pm      Reply with quote
love u Kim...u r sooo nice...thank you so much...and u know what....a 7 is not bad either...honeslty very very henstly,,when i started like almost 5 weeks ago,,,my skin was less than 1 hahaha..so if mine get to 7 as well,,wow it would be really good...
are u also using Muneral makeup,,if yes ? then which one u would suggest me..i have never used it before but now since my skin is getting better and better,,,the sunspots are hardly there,,,i wanna start using something on my face that feels an====d looks more natural...WHich one are u using,,and do u like it ? i ll also need a concealer for concealong my undereye circles,,,do they sell one ?
thanks alot for all the help...u r the best....u help me alot...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Honeslty i want to look pretty again....i am sure my husband still missess the pretty me and i do that too more than anyone else...

Maheen: If you believe that you are beautiful, others will too!! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 12:17 pm      Reply with quote
Smile i hope that will happen soon Smile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
I use Jane Iredale mineral make-up. However, there are so many to choose from and the forum has several threads discussing a variety of brands.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
I use Jane Iredale mineral make-up. However, there are so many to choose from and the forum has several threads discussing a variety of brands.

hi kims, i bought this based on your advise, and I love it!!!thanks a lot!!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
wow thanks Kim....i will buy te same one then since u have already tried it and u like it thats why u use it...hmmm do they sell an under eye concealer as well ? and where do i get this brand form ? a mall ?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jan 29, 2010 9:27 pm      Reply with quote
hellenzqq wrote:
kims wrote:

hi kims, i bought this based on your advise, and I love it!!!thanks a lot!!

Hellen,
Glad you liked it! I thought it did a good job of covering the"tomato" face Obagi look!

Maheen,
I buy my Jane Iredale through a med spa in my area. However, if you google it, you'll find a number of sites to buy it from on-line. They also have concealers, blush, eye make up, etc. -- all the goodies!

Try: janeiredaledirect.com

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 10:12 am      Reply with quote
thanks Kim...yes i did find it at nordstorm near my house,,,,so excited to get it...thanks alot Kim...
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 30, 2010 5:47 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
thanks Kim...yes i did find it at nordstorm near my house,,,,so excited to get it...thanks alot Kim...

Lucky for you to have a Nordstrom's near by!!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:23 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |