Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmm is exact matching is necessary...??? my face is all red these days,,so i applied(to try) the purepressed warm sienna on the part of my neck thats not affected by redness...the warm sienna was slightly visible on it,as a slightly dark streak...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, have you decided on your Jane Iredale shade yet?

My skin looks good today, I was running late this morning so I was not able to put on sunscreen. It was still dark out though so I had no worries. When I got to work I was still a bit red but I just applied MMU pressed powder and that took care of the redness instantly. I was amazed, that has never seemed to happen before. Before I left work I applied my sunscreen powder. It was cloudy here again today so I wasn't too scared. There were a few dry patches/peely skin around my mouth but the rest of the face looked pretty decent. I know tomorrow could be different but I enjoyed my skin today so that was a bonus!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:57 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, have you looked in to the neutral shades? It has the Radiant shade which looks like it is between Amber and Warm Sienna. Radiant can be used by Porcelain Neutral,Light Warm or Light Medium Neutral. I don't know if you have read this on the JI website:
Quote:
To determine your skin type, think about the following scenarios:

If you turn pink in the sun, and/or have light hair and light eyes, you are probably Cool or Neutral. Porcelain or Fair are the best categories for you.

If you turn pink in the sun, and/or have dark hair and light eyes, you are probably Cool or Neutral. Fair or Light are the best categories for you

If you turn tan in the sun, and/or have dark hair and light eyes, you are probably Warm or Neutral undertone. Light or Medium Light are the best categories for you.

If you turn tan in the sun, and/or have dark hair and dark eyes, you are probably a Warm or Neutral undertone. Medium or Olive (Medium Dark) are the best categories for you.

If you are tan all year long, and/or have dark hair and dark eyes, you are probably Warm. Deep Tan or Light Dark are the categories for you.

If you have a golden/red and/or dark hair, and brown/black eyes, you are probably Warm. Deep Dark is the best category for you.

maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 7:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanls Moose for th einfo...no i havent decided the right sahde yet....
what do u mean by Porcelain Neutral,Light Warm or Light Medium Neutral....what r these shades about ? hmmm i didnt find any of these shades in jne iredale mineral powder...
Anyway it looks like u r already having the results u wanted...but next time dont forget to put on ur sunscreen cuz we wanna keep these good results...i have heard even if its cloudy,,there r still uv rays ready to damage our beautful skins Smile
Best of luck,..enjoyyyyyyy !!!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
These pages have the info

http://janeiredale.com/bases_a.html for the amazing base (loose)

http://janeiredale.com/bases_pp.html for the pressed base

Good luck!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Moosejavian....u r a hard working person indeed Smile
I have never thought of giving the radiant base a try...the biggest problem is that the spa near my house doesnt not carry the loose amazing base version...so its hard to try..also no one close to me,lets u try the bases ,specially in the doctor"s office..they say if u wanna buy it then buy it,,we dont have any samples...
Now i have two things in mind...I have to try Radiant and i have to try Warm silk...and both in amazing Base form SmileSmile:)no pressed form anymore cuz i wanna buy the loose form...

By the way have u tried the warm silk in pressed form ? i did,,and although it says its for yelow skin tones,,it appears pink on ur skin Smile so i hope its not true for the amazing base,since i emailed jane iredale site and they said that usually people who had used warm sienna in pressed form also had luck with the warm silk amazing base(they r almost the same shades)...so lets see Smile
Thanks sweety......
Huuuuuuuggggggs...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 1:23 pm      Reply with quote
U know what,,,my skin is still peeling....it doest appear flaky in the morinng but not always,,,but no matter what,,,when i wash my face in the morning,,,and rub my skin gently,,,there is a lot of skin coming off almost everyday...is that really a good thing ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:37 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Moose,,,,wanted to ask u something..
U said i should also try Radiant in amazing base...So since my skin tone is yellow,,,i was wondering if Radiant is also for yellow undertones,,cuz i read it somewhere it is for brown undertones...hmmm...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 2:39 pm      Reply with quote
since i m so tried of tying to find the right shade,,,and possibly radiant or warm silk in llose,,would be close to my own skin tone...i m just thinknig that now i should order nay one of these since there is no way i can go and try them out,,,,this is not the end f the world,,,i have so many other hting sto do in my life,,why am i stuck with finding the right foundation shade...is it that important....why should nt i take a risk now Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I was chatting online with a lady from an online store and she said that she can actually wear 3 different shades of JI foundation. Like they say, because it's MMU, it's very flexible.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 11, 2010 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
really ??? WOW !!!..u r right...now i am also thinknig that way,,,,
u know after this post of urs,,i have decded i am either going to get radiant or warm silk...i am sue i wanna get the amazing base,,,so probably these shades should be right for me...i just hope that warm silk in the amazing base is not as pink as it s in the pressed form...
I am just a bit hassitant about the shade radiant since it doesnt have any yellow in it rather it is for brown tones,,i m not brown,i m yellow SmileSmileSmileSmile
Thanks alot Moose...ur help has made me decide what i want...Smile aaahhh i m feeling relaxed now,,,i can give my mind some rest Smile
Huuuggggs for u again Smile
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
Halleluia! Halleluia! I saw my first "wow" moment this morning. Very Happy My face is looking better. Just thought I'd report the good news. Hope you're all doing well! B

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Great news Beann! I can't remember, how many weeks are you with the Obagi?

Kims and/or Rileygirl, can't remember which one of you or maybe both are using NIA24 SS? Is there anything you don't like about it?

Maheen, I got my JI starter kit today, it has the radiant and amber in pressed. The radiant matched me perfectly but the amber was more yellow. I haven't played around with it much yet. Good luck with your quest! Oh and in case you are interested, their Just Kissed lip plumper is great!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:10 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Halleluia! Halleluia! I saw my first "wow" moment this morning. Very Happy My face is looking better. Just thought I'd report the good news. Hope you're all doing well! B

Hi Beann,
That certainly is good news for you! What results have you seen so far?

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

Kims and/or Rileygirl, can't remember which one of you or maybe both are using NIA24 SS? Is there anything you don't like about it?

Hi Moosej,
I like the NIA24 sunscreen quite a bit because I think it provides great protection. I used it all last summer while using Obagi and did not get any new or returning sun spots/freckles. I think it feels a little greasy going on at first, but it does sink in fairly quickly. Hope that helps!

Maheen, I got my JI starter kit today, it has the radiant and amber in pressed. The radiant matched me perfectly but the amber was more yellow. I haven't played around with it much yet. Good luck with your quest! Oh and in case you are interested, their Just Kissed lip plumper is great!

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 9:14 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:

Hi Moosej,
I like the NIA24 sunscreen quite a bit because I think it provides great protection. I used it all last summer while using Obagi and did not get any new or returning sun spots/freckles. I think it feels a little greasy going on at first, but it does sink in fairly quickly. Hope that helps!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Congrats on the success Beann...we all r so happy for u...
what results have u seen so far ? what were u trying to treat? if i m not worng this should be ur7th or 8th week ? hmm forgot...
What difference u saw in ur skin that has made u say wow ?
Smile
For me it is the 10th week,,and so far so good,,but no wow feelings as of yet..may be they r not made for m Sad
I know once i ll stop obag i for atleast a coule of days,,i ll see the real miracle that it has dobe for me cuz otherwise my skin looks reddish and pinkish in different areas that makes it look blotchy but its not blotchiness cuz if i dont apply obagi,,,it disappears leaving a more even toned skin..
lets see...
Congrats again...
Moose great...amber is more yellow for u ? wow..it was a bit pink for me,,,could nt see any yellow in it once apply ti on skin...
Well since now i know loose amaizng base has different shades as compared to purepressed,,i m reall confused,,but yeah atleast now i know that reaidnat or warm silk,,,anyone of these is gonna be my shade Smile
And yes i want to know more what is this lip lumper doing for u ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 12, 2010 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
and can u also tell me plz if raidant has a yellow tone in it or not ?
Tk care Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 10:23 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, I don't even know how to tell if it has a yellow tone or not, I just know that when I put it on, it's almost invisible on me so I know it matches my color. Do I just look at the product and see if it looks yellow or pink? I just know it is in the neutral group. Sorry! The lip plumper smooths the lines on the lips and makes it look fuller.

Kims, thanks for the info! I will seriously consider that in my next EDS order.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 13, 2010 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
Hey Maheen, Moose, and Kims ~ Thanks for the Congrats. Very Happy

I'm just about to start my 6th week on NuDerm. Results so far are smaller pores, softer lines, and I'm getting my "glow" back.
Don't know if I told you, but the reason I started Obagi was to fix damage that was done from a laser treatment I had done called Faxel. It ruined my skin. I don't think I'll ever get back to my pre-Fraxel skin, but I'm so happy to start seeing some improvement. I was depressed for months afterwards and still have my bad moments. I'm trying to remember that life isn't about weathering the storm but learning how to dance in the rain. (It' been raining a lot lately.)
The laser also made my skin start to sag. I never had any loose skin before and now I have some hanging skin under my chin and the skin on my jowl area is stretchy. So, the skin on my face looks better and now I'm starting on the neck area. Just got Nectifirm yesterday, and I'm hoping that will help. I also purchased a facial exercise DVD. Lots to do. If neither of those help, I'm completely prepared to get a mini facelift sometime down the line. I'll keep you all posted. Take care.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
thanks everyone for everything SmileSmileSmile

i m getting depressed now....this is the beginning of my 11th week and no wow feeling so far....The skin still gets pinkish after morning,,once i wash my face and then it stays like that till night....dont know if it will look better once i stop obagi,since it wont be as pink as it is now,,cuz it makes my face darker and blotchy looking...
The real blothciness has gone weeks ago,,,there are some deep embedded white heads that look like some raised bummps on my face,,and they r not disappearing...
The acne scars are the same...pit like...
there is also an inch patch of melasma on my face that i noticed 3 weeks ago when all the dark blotchiness of my face was gone,,so probably it was always there but since my complexion had become really dark and blotchy,,,it was nt able to notice that but now its more fair and even,,so it is visible now and its not fading away..what to do ? it looks more prominentnow...Smile
Also the feeling WOW is not there yet,,,dont think i m gonna get it ever,,there is alot to improve but seems like i have hit a plateau and it wont improve any more.....what to do girls...i m getting depressed now....600 dollars down the drainn...or m i being unthankful...i know blotchiness wasa main concern for me and its gone but the skin is still not as even as it was before and as it should be,,,SadSadSad
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 3:39 pm      Reply with quote
all the reviews of people who used obagi,,say that they loveeeeeed the results obagi has given them,,,honeslty i wannalove the results too Sad i want to be one of those...
i dont say i want a beautful spotless flawless skin but still it doesnt even look like the skin of my firends and cousins,whose skin are just good,,,not very beautful..u know what i mean SadSadSad
Can i cry ?
Was my husband right to say that such htings are a waste o fmney and they dont work ?????
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen ~ Trust me, my "wow" moment didn't last all day. I got pink again later in the day. All I know is that it's getting there, and my skin is looking better more ofter. But not all the time. If I recall, you have more olive skin tone, right? Maybe that has something to do with why it's taking a little longer. Maybe some of the other girls would have more knowledge about that. Have you not seen any improvement at all?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen,
You need to take heart and believe that what you're doing is working. Remember, you're only at 11 weeks; you haven't even completed two full cycles yet. The Nuderm is most likely bringing up past damage which is now surfacing and can be dealt with. Please don't worry about having a "pink" face. Your coloring will return to normal (albeit a bit lighter) once you go on maintenance.

Also, if you need to go for 24 weeks (like I did) it's no big deal. I think Nuderm is a real investment in a lot of ways: financially, time wise and even emotionally. But, it will pay off in the end and I think you'll be happy that you stuck it out.

Try not to be discouraged! You will be, and are right now, beautiful! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, maybe it's time to take some pics again and compare. I am sure you will see improvement that you haven't really noticed! Hang in there, Kims is right, for your plan of 24 wks, you are not even halfway there and yet you've seen lots of improvement! Just gotta remember we will have our good and bad days in this journey!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |