Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, Obagi instructions states:
Quote:
STEP 4
Obagi Nu-Derm Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte
Measure 1/2 –1 gram and apply evenly to your entire face, avoiding the eyelid area. Massage until the cream is completely absorbed.

It also states for the clear to avoid the eyes ( of course we need to avoid the eyes but wonder if they meant the eye area?)

It seems only the blender/tret is recommended (as directed).

http://obagi.com/Consumer/Products/Nu-Derm.aspx
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Are we supposed to use the exfoderm or exfoderm forte around the eyes ? or do we need to skip this area ?
Are u all using it ?

The Exfoderm should not be used too close to the eyes, Maheen. The Clear can be used on the eyelids, as well as the Tretinoin/Blender (and all 3 can be used around the eyes).
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen ~ I read on a beauty web-site that wrinkles and pores will look worse in the beginning, so I'm not too worried. I'm 40 so I had some wrinkles there already, but they have definatly gotten worse. I also read it in a magazine that Retin-A will make you look worse, but in the end will make wrinkles better. I do use an eye cream some times. The thing that bothers me is that I usually can't wear make-up, cause then the wrinkles/pores/dryness shows a lot. I haven't been wearing makeup at all lately. Just mascara. Can't wait to get through this.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims,,Moose,,,Riley and Beann...aand also anyone i m missing...Smile
u guys are big help...I really dont think i ll ever leaVe this forum,,,,cuz i cant leave u guys,,,we r a family now SmileSmileSmile

My undereye area was already thin,,,i mean there r many people whose unde eye area looks as thick as the rest of their face but my under eye area was thinner than the rest of my face but the blue viens were never visible but now After obagi,,,i can see that the area is even thinner than before and i can see very prominent thin blue viens in that area,,,,and it doesnt look very nice...now what to do ? is this somehting that usually happens with obagi and initially this happens and later it thickens again ???? Hmmm....
Anyway,,,,Beaannn u r right too and so is everyone else,,,everyhting gets worse before getting better and yes we have our good and bad days thru out...today was a good day for me,,,yesterday was or was nt,,dont remember...
TOday my face looks more even toned,,less red,,,after soo mnay years finally i can say that my face looks somehwat the same shade as in complexion wise as the rest of my body..Smile i dont wear backless or very revealing outfits,so my chest and the rest of my body has a much more fair tone,,,but my face become over the years much darkwr than the rest of my body but now gradually i can see its becoming almost the same shade and i m sooo happy about it...it is getting as light as my chest Smile and the undersides of my upper arm SmileSmileSmile
what else ?
Beforee starting oBagi i was having very bad acne on my face and somewhere i read about taking niacin 500 mg once a day for it,,,i started taking it and my acne was gone in a matter of 3 or 4 days,,and it was nt back till i stopped taking it and started obagi..while on obagi like everyone else my acne flaared up,,,i started taking niAcin again.,,,and my acne has gone in 3 days again Smile the one already there cuz of tretinoin has dried up and almost become invisibl in a matter of a week...so yes everything is looking better...i am more than sure that just in a couple of days i ll be crying again about my skin looknig horrible but since u all have assured me,,it will be temporary,,i m happy SmileSmileSmile
Thanks everyone and Best of luck SmileSmileSmile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, I am happy to hear you are doing so good!

Your under eye area will be thinner for probably 6-12 months. You should continue the Retin A under the eye area, and make sure to use a good moisturizing eye cream (any one). The area will thicken up in time, but it takes quite a while. If you do a search for Keli13, you will see she has had Great results with continued use of the RA under her eyes, but it took a good 6 months. She should be your inspiration to continue on with the RA!!
whengz
5% products discount

Fri Mar 19, 2010 7:39 am      Reply with quote
thanks moosejavian and maheen ur advices helps me a lot.. especially that i am just a beginner in obagi products.
i have ordered my tretinoin .05 at facemedix hopefully it would be shipped to me by next week so i can use it at least every other day since my face is kind off less red now.

i am seeing some changes though. but i know combining tretinoin with the blender will surely give me more good results.

have a good weekend to all !!!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Riley Smile will keep u updated...Smile about to finish my 11th week and close to the 12 th week may be that why skin is looking better SmileSmileSmile i hope it stays better and yes i will get the eye cream today and will start using it...thnaks alot for the advice....
Whengz,,,,,u ll do great...retin a is a must,,,now u ll see even better results but might take some time and patience,,,dont give up,,,,u might find the oath a bit too hard before seeing the beautiful resutls,..but the results are what we should look forward too right ?
Best o fluck SmileSmileSmile
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen,
That's good news about your acne. I think that the use of Nuderm will also help your skin stay clear. Good skin days, bad skin days...we all have them. I've had a couple of bad ones this week, too!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 19, 2010 11:57 pm      Reply with quote
i had a semi WOW feeling tonight SmileSmile)
I cant believe it...tonight after a shower i came out to apply obagi stuff again,,,,i looked my self in the mirror as every dya..oh God...that was a very good feeling,,,my skin was looking the skin that i used to have in my teens,,,like when i was 18,,,but the only difference is that i didnt have acne scarring at that time,,otehr than that the complexion was the same and even the freshness...
For the past 2 days my laugh lines have started looking a bit faint,,yes less visible,,they r still there and i can see them but not that dark,..Smile skin is dry but not that deadly dead dry skin...
Redness has decresed for dont know how long...
It is a semi wow feeling cuz i know it can be even better...the acne scarring is still visible but looked a bit reduced or less prominent...when i sawmyself in the mirror,,,i was ecstatic..
I remember for the past 2 years and uptil starting obagi,,,i was looknig my self in the mirror after shower,everytime with the hope that i ll see a nice looking face that i had once...but everytime i would do that,,,i would see a very blotchy,,,dark,and dry skin and hence an ugly face...i would always imagine the face i used to have and once it was complimented by people.....Tonight again i saw it ,,i knew it was better after obagi.,,was nt as ugly any more but not that nice,,,but when i saw in the mirror ,,,,,i was the happiest person on earth,,it was close to what it used to be,,,,,,,,,,,the difference is also because of age,,,hmmm laugh lines that i m working on and will probably be able to get rid of,,,and because over the past 3 years i have gained alot of wieght that has hide my features,,,so hopefully once i lose weight,,,i m already going to have a good skin,,,i ll look good again...
just cant explain how excited i m....
EVERYONE WHO IS FLLOWING oBAGI plzdont give up,,,u ll also achieve what u have desired but might take time and patience...
and thank u soo much Kims and riley,,,u r the two people who always encouraged me and gave me hope not to give up...salute to both of you...thanks alot Smile i ll continue,,,,i ll complete the 24 weeks for sure SmileSmileSmile
Might be crying again tomrrow,,,but atleast i know this nice skin is there on my face only might disappear again for sometime SmileSmileSmile
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 9:34 am      Reply with quote
Maheen! I'm so happy for you! I have to tell you that I was thinking about you yesterday. I have been wondering why you weren't yet seeing good results all the way up to you're 11th week. Question The Obagi brochure says that you should see results around 7 weeks. Well, yesterday I found a five-page spread in a magazine that I picked up at a plastic surgeon's office. The article was all about Vitamin A. It stated in there that prescription strength Retin-A usually takes 8 - 12 weeks before you even START to see results. So, based on this news, you are right on track! Wink I'm excited for you! I'm starting to see some good results in the mirror too. I can't wait to hit that 12 week mark!! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 10:14 am      Reply with quote
Maheen and Brean,
I'm very happy for both of you!! There are so many ups and downs with the Obagi system. I think it's because it is such an intensive treatment and your skin is constantly reacting and responding.

Time frames vary from person to person. Both of you are seeing results way before I did. That probably has something to do with age and severity of damage. I'm kind of speculating here!

Anyway, your skin's improving everyday!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 20, 2010 4:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Kims and beann.....
Kims when did u see the results,after how many weeks on obagi ? no matter how long it took for u,,i m sure u got really nice resutls and also keeping up with them...Smile
Beann thanks for thinknig about me SmileSmileSmile i was also worried why was nt i seeing any results....i had quite bad blotchiness that was gone in a few weeks on obagi,,,,i think its the dryness on my face also the red marks caused by acne,thats nnot letting my face look even toned..and since retin a and exfo derm etc make skin look reddish,,,it exacerbates those red marks....
Today i saw my face in sunlight and i could still see the areas on my face that needs improvement but honeslty i have seen my face so many times in sun,,,and i must admit,,my skin has become much better...
Smile
Bets of luck sweety...u ll do great...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Yayyyyyy Maheen and Beann! Glad to see you are liking the results! I am sure we are just getting sidetracked by the redness and peeling but underneath all that is new, beautiful and healthy skin waiting to come out!

I am getting a little feeling of laziness about the products lately and kinda waiting the last minute to put them on. I think it's because I am waiting for my tret cream to get here so I can compare how it works vs the gel. I need to get my excitement back on using the Obagi!

I was wondering too if any of you are suffering from dryness on your fingers too. The fingers on my right hand are getting way too dry from the products. At first I thought it was all the hand sanitizers and hand washing we do at work but then I realized my left fingers are not bad so it must be the Obagi.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 21, 2010 11:36 am      Reply with quote
Moose i think its because of the tretinoin....i always make sure to wash my hands thoroughly after using it cuz i know it can cause dryness and flakking in the fingers too...
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 1:11 am      Reply with quote
Hello all specially kims,Rileygirl and anyone else who is either on maintenance or knows the answer Smile
Since i am going to begin my 12th week on obagi form tomorrow, i m now wondering that after how long and after how many weeks this redness on my face is going to subside and my skin is going to attain its natural color...I know i m a yellow pale skinned person,i can also see patches of my normal skin tone among the patches of redness...Actually this redeness makes my face look uneven toned and also looks like rash,actually it is not rash.
Plzzzzzzz now i have seriously started to think that after starting maintenance on obagi when i will be using obagi only 2 to 3 times a week,,,is this redness going to go away completely or i will still havethese red marks on my face...if yes,,,then whats the use of obagi,cuz i want my face to look even toned,,not patchy...
Plzzz help Smile
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 5:27 am      Reply with quote
Hey Maheen ~ I'm no expert on Obagi. This is only my 7th week, I think. But I have read that some people just can't tollerate the Retin-A as well as others. Maybe that is the case for you. Maybe you should consider going on a lesser strength Retin-A, or use it less often, or both. I use the 0.1% (the strongest one) and I am hardly pink any more. There is nothing wrong with adjusting the system to fit your needs. Everyone's skin is different. (That's why the brochure says "to apply as prescribed" on the Retin-A section.) HTH Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:25 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
Hello all specially kims,Rileygirl and anyone else who is either on maintenance or knows the answer Smile
Since i am going to begin my 12th week on obagi form tomorrow, i m now wondering that after how long and after how many weeks this redness on my face is going to subside and my skin is going to attain its natural color...I know i m a yellow pale skinned person,i can also see patches of my normal skin tone among the patches of redness...Actually this redeness makes my face look uneven toned and also looks like rash,actually it is not rash.
Plzzzzzzz now i have seriously started to think that after starting maintenance on obagi when i will be using obagi only 2 to 3 times a week,,,is this redness going to go away completely or i will still havethese red marks on my face...if yes,,,then whats the use of obagi,cuz i want my face to look even toned,,not patchy...
Plzzz help Smile

Your redness will Greatly diminish when you are on maintenance. The redness is caused from the Exfoderm (or Forte, which ever one you are using). When you go on maintenance you can try to cut the Exfoderm to only once a week and you should not have a problem with redness. HTH!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:28 am      Reply with quote
Riley, I think you also said that after the first 6 wks we can use the exfoderm every other day?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 6:32 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Riley, I think you also said that after the first 6 wks we can use the exfoderm every other day?

Yes, most definitely! And, that will also help with the redness.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
OOOoooooo!! I like that idea! I'm on my 7th week now, so I'm cutting my Exfoderm down to every other day. Maybe then I won't even be pink! It's getting better and better!! Thanks girls. I love all this Obagi advise.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
yayyyyyyyyyyyyyy....thanks all of you....
And thanks Riley,,,liked ur idea the best SmileSmileSmile
Now i ll use it every other day,...i would love to have the same results but with no or atleast reduced redness SmileSmileSmile
Rileygirl i hope using it everyother day wont cut its benefits and hence affect the results:(

Thanks alllllll.....
BEAn m excited for u,,,u look happy with the results so far Smile
Hows ur skin doing Moose ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
Happppppppppppppppppppppppppppppyyyyyyyyyyyyy Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 22, 2010 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, this morning I just used the clear and then mmu on top (bad me, didn't use ss but it was very cloudy so I thought the mmu would be fine by itself) and my face looked like a normal non Obagi face. I even put a bit of blush on because I had no redness! Pores are still big though, guess that would take time.
Sydney
5% products discount

Mon Mar 22, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Moosejavian, sorry to take so long to reply. When on obagi every day I disliked the obagi SPF 35 as it left white marks all over my face so I used skin ceuticals sunscreen instead as it was quite moisturising and it whitened my face!! Now I'm on maintenance however I have switched back to Obagi spf 35, which I now find brilliant and not so heavy as skin ceuticals. It leaves no white residue and feels comfortable on my face.

Regarding dry fingers, I wash my hands inbetween every application of potion, and then I apply handcream before going to bed. This has kept my hands and nails in good shape and I have not had discolouration of fingers that some people complain about.

Great to hear that some people are having positive results and more good days. Since starting maintenance I have been very very pleased with my skin. This is my regime, I am open to comments and further tips:

Every morning obagi foamwash, toner and VitC oil. Every evening obagi foamwash and toner, plus the following:
Monday pm clear
Tuesday am Exfoderm
Wed pm tret and blender
Thurs pm clear
Friday am Exfoderm
Saturday pm Tret and blender.

By Monday my skin is a little more peely but totally manageable. No redness Smile

So far so good!!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:34 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |