Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Moosej,
Round 2 is going just fine. My face has been a little red and I've had some peeling around my mouth but that's been about it. I'm not following the Nuderm protocol exactly. I've made a few changes that suit me better. I'm including copper peptides and using the Exfoderm Forte at night.

At this point, I'm not seeing any major changes but I'll at least go the six weeks.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:17 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
RussianSunshine,
I meant that you have to figure out what works best for you and since you're on "maintenance" you shouldn't need to be using the products as frequently. I think the Obagi web site gives a routine for maintenance -- I need to go back and check this out for sure.

Also, you can add other skincare products into your new routine as well.

When I was doing maintenance, I mainly used Clear, Blender/RA from the Nuderm line. I rarely used the Exfoderm Forte.

kims, I cant find any info about maintainance on the obagi site, and on the first round as well Sad I can only see info about how to apply products.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine, here is a link to the maintenance:

http://www.skincare-md.com/index.cfm?event=regimen&id=11
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:01 pm      Reply with quote
Kim, thanks for the update! I am still on the fence with the CP although I am thinking it is probably going to work for my pores, I'm just a bit scared of it right now! I am getting really disheartened by my pore size right now which is what mainly motivated me to try the Nuderm in the first place. Have you noticed any changes in that department yet?

Kristy, thanks for that info regarding the hyperpigmentation. I just recently came across the Lustra products online (can't remember how), it looks like the Nuderm products in one.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 8:52 pm      Reply with quote
Moosej,
I think pores are hard and I'm still not entirely happy with mine. I think having oily skin definitely contributes to the problem and is just part of the territory -- so to speak.

Nuderm has been great for me in terms of getting rid of hyperpigmentation but less than stellar when it comes to pore size and skin texture. I'm hoping Round 2 will offer some improvements in those areas!

P.S. Thanks for providing the link about maintenance!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 10:59 pm      Reply with quote
kims u r a doll...and thank u so much for everything,,every thing means the support that u always give me and everyone...and yes i m very very excited.....u know it is like just 5 or 6 days ago,,i have started noticing this big beautiful change in my skin,,,it looks more vibrant than the last 12 weeks,,more even toned,,,fresher,,what else i want ? my pores dont look prominenet probably i didnt have many,,,yes scars are still there but hmm i think they look less visible too,,so over all yes i am excited about this change Smile hahaha and yes this is the way i am Smile enthusiastic Smile

Moosejavian,,i m glad u r liking the results as well,,,,do u have the pores visible on ur cheek area or whole face ? i m sure soon u ll find somehting to fight this problem too but see we r already much better looknig after obagi Smile hehehe...
Juls,,,as u can already read all my osts,,,,and specially the last few of them,,,,,i m sure u can see how excited i am now,,if u read initially i was nt very excited,,,i knew the fading was taking place but initial weeks were very hard and i felt everything was hard uptil the 12 week since i was sure one day that obagi was working and the otger day i was depressed since my face was looking not too pretty again,,but since the 13th week,,,it has never happened before,,,that its been few days and each day till each night,my skin is good...wont say perfect since i have acne scars,,,but it is 95 percent better than what it was befrore i started nuderm,,it was crying like my heart,,and now they both r smiling SmileSmileSmile
U wont regret everyone is right...SmileSmileSmile hang in there...we all have gone thru this painful phase,,,people would ask me what happened to my skin,,they were like OH MY GODDDDDDDDD LOOK AT UR SKIN,,SUNBURNED bla blah and i would hide in my house for days and cancleled all the gatherings Smile but not anymore,,,SmileSmileSmile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 11:01 pm      Reply with quote
and many dAYS,,,it was raw,,red and painful to touch,,,and disguistingly tight and flaky...yukh Smile
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
its_kristy wrote:
I have a question about the application/massaging of the products in. Is the massaging aspect of the application an essential part of the regimen? My face burns and stings when the product hits my face and the friction of rubbing in the products for several minutes makes it even worse. Is there any harm in applying the product on my face and letting it naturally absorb into the skin for a minute or so then rubbing what little is left into my skin?

The rubbing is actually a big part of it. You want to rub the products in completely for them to get down into the skin where they can work.

ZO Skin Health (Obagi's over-the-counter line) recommends this massage. FUYguy who used to post here (worked for ZO Skin Health) had this to say about the massaging in of the products. Hopefully it will help you.

"massaging in with all of our products as there is additional stimulation benefit from the increased vaso-capillary activity."

"Dr. Obagi is an advocate for stimulating the skin—though physical (massage) or cellular activation (retinol). Anytime you stimulate the skin cells, you re-energize/rejuvenate them."

Not what I wanted to hear but if I'm going to go through this arduous proces, I'm going to do it right bc I'm not going to suffer 4 months with only marginal results!
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
its_kristy wrote:
I have a question about the application/massaging of the products in. Is the massaging aspect of the application an essential part of the regimen? My face burns and stings when the product hits my face and the friction of rubbing in the products for several minutes makes it even worse. Is there any harm in applying the product on my face and letting it naturally absorb into the skin for a minute or so then rubbing what little is left into my skin?

The rubbing is actually a big part of it. You want to rub the products in completely for them to get down into the skin where they can work.

ZO Skin Health (Obagi's over-the-counter line) recommends this massage. FUYguy who used to post here (worked for ZO Skin Health) had this to say about the massaging in of the products. Hopefully it will help you.

"massaging in with all of our products as there is additional stimulation benefit from the increased vaso-capillary activity."

"Dr. Obagi is an advocate for stimulating the skin—though physical (massage) or cellular activation (retinol). Anytime you stimulate the skin cells, you re-energize/rejuvenate them."

When I first started Obagi I wasn't rubbing the products in very well , but after reading I should , I did ...and thats when I started getting results. So now my question is...

Is there a certain way we should be rubbing them in ( A certain obagi message?) or does that matter.

I just rub them in really well. I didn't think there was a certain way to do it. If there is could you provide a link to how we should be doing it or just list the website?

Thanks Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 9:47 am      Reply with quote
Tia2010 wrote:

Is there a certain way we should be rubbing them in ( A certain obagi message?) or does that matter.

I just rub them in really well. I didn't think there was a certain way to do it. If there is could you provide a link to how we should be doing it or just list the website?

Thanks Smile

You are doing it right. Just rub the products in really well. No particular way to do it, just rub and rub until all the product is in the skin.
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Very Happy Sometimes I hate the process , but I'm loving the results Smile
Sydney
5% products discount

Thu Apr 22, 2010 10:43 am      Reply with quote
I have a question for you all. I am now on maintenance. I do not currently use a moisturiser just sunscreen. Every morning I apply Obagi vit c which helps with moisture. In the evening apart from 2 nights a week that I apply the tret and blender I do not apply anything after washing and toner. My skin does feel tight and dry then but I am going to sleep so it does not bother me. If I need to use moisturiser in the day I just apply sparingly where needed, I am afraid of using too much in case it triggers spots again, but I am also afraid that my skin may be dehydrated and that this will also be ageing. You read everywhere that you should moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. What do you think, I am doing the right thing or should I be moisturising twice daily?? All advice gratefully received!! Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:25 am      Reply with quote
Sydney wrote:
I have a question for you all. I am now on maintenance. I do not currently use a moisturiser just sunscreen. Every morning I apply Obagi vit c which helps with moisture. In the evening apart from 2 nights a week that I apply the tret and blender I do not apply anything after washing and toner. My skin does feel tight and dry then but I am going to sleep so it does not bother me. If I need to use moisturiser in the day I just apply sparingly where needed, I am afraid of using too much in case it triggers spots again, but I am also afraid that my skin may be dehydrated and that this will also be ageing. You read everywhere that you should moisturise, moisturise, moisturise. What do you think, I am doing the right thing or should I be moisturising twice daily?? All advice gratefully received!! Smile

I think you should use a moisturizer only when your skin feels like it needs it. I don't believe in moisturizing twice a day, or even daily.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:44 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
RussianSunshine, here is a link to the maintenance:

moosejavian, thanks for the link !
But on Obagi Nuderm mainatence is here Very Happy :

riley, this site says:

"Apply Obagi Nu-Derm Blender followed by the prescribed amount of Obagi Nu-Derm Tretinoin."

It doesn't say mix blender and tret in the palm Confused

But then:

"2. Our new recommendation for Blender and Tretinoin is to use them nightly to avoid the flaking that may occur with more infrequent use. The Blender and the Tretinoin are MIXED TOGETHER and applied. When measuring the Blender and Tretinoin, the recommended 1/2 gram of each product can be measured by using the lines of "OBAGI" on the front of the products. The distance between O-B-A is exactly 1/2 gram. Or, the distance from the tip of your pinky finger to the first joint also equals approximately 1/2 gram."

By the way, nice measuremnt instructions!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:47 am      Reply with quote
Hi Russian, I copied this from the site:

Quote:
Notes:

1. Apply Clear first, wait a few minutes, and then apply Exfoderm or Exfoderm Forte. During maintenance, Obagi Medical recommends that Clear should only be used 2-3 times per week (either am or pm).

2. Our new recommendation for Blender and Tretinoin is to use them nightly to avoid the flaking that may occur with more infrequent use. The Blender and the Tretinoin are MIXED TOGETHER and applied. When measuring the Blender and Tretinoin, the recommended 1/2 gram of each product can be measured by using the lines of "OBAGI" on the front of the products. The distance between O-B-A is exactly 1/2 gram. Or, the distance from the tip of your pinky finger to the first joint also equals approximately 1/2 gram.

3. Sunfader contains hydroquinoine (lightening cream). If you did not have symptoms of hyperpigmentation before starting the Obagi program, you may discontinue the use of the Sunfader at this time. For those customers who have hyperpigmentation, continue using Sunfader on a daily basis as needed.

4. The recommended Obagi Healthy Skin Protection SPF 35 should be used every day to protect your skin from the sun's harmful UVA and UVB rays.

Everyone's skin is different, and by experimenting, you can choose the program that is most comfortable for you.
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian, I found it now! strange, it first directed me to CLENZIderm MD Regimen.

Great site!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 11:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info, Moosej!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:20 pm      Reply with quote
Could someone please let me know how long each of the products in the starter kit last? I found someone with good pricing and would like to just go ahead and order everything I will need to get me through the 18 wk cycle and 8 months out.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
Kristy, I think it is on this thread that Riley and Kim might have posted how long each products last. The products are at 57 g for the clear, blender, exfo. I know the Clear if you are using 1/2 gram each in the am and pm should only last you a month. The blender and exfoderm is only 1/2 gm per day so that technically should last 2 months. I think mine have lasted a bit longer than that though, I make sure I shake the products down to get them out. The cleanser lasts for a looong time, the toner lasted me 3.5 months. Can you share where you found cheaper prices? From what I've seen EDS has the better prices. Thanks!
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 12:36 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and Maheen, my visible pores are right in the middle of my face so its really noticeable! Sad
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:01 pm      Reply with quote
3. Sunfader contains hydroquinoine (lightening cream). If you did not have symptoms of hyperpigmentation before starting the Obagi program, you may discontinue the use of the Sunfader at this time. For those customers who have hyperpigmentation, continue using Sunfader on a daily basis as needed.

I'm curious to know how many of you on maintenance are using the Sunfader daily or even at all?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Kristy, I'm not using the Sunfader while on Round 2 nor did I use it while on maintenance. I think the Clear and a good sunscreen are enough.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:17 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Kristy, I think it is on this thread that Riley and Kim might have posted how long each products last. The products are at 57 g for the clear, blender, exfo. I know the Clear if you are using 1/2 gram each in the am and pm should only last you a month. The blender and exfoderm is only 1/2 gm per day so that technically should last 2 months.

Ok, I'm having a brain block. For the clear, I'm using 1/2 gram twice a day (am and pm), shouldn't that last me almost 2 months, not 1? 1/2 gram twice a day is 1 gram per day. There are 57 grams in the bottle, correct? So that would be 57 days?
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 1:44 pm      Reply with quote
Riley and anyone else that had issues with fingernails turning orange/brown....

Did the onset of the discolored nail suddenly appear in a matter of a week? And was it only on the nails exposed to the product or was it on all nails (indicating some transdermal asborption and discoloring from the nail bed vs a staining from physical contact)?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 22, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
Riley and anyone else that had issues with fingernails turning orange/brown....

Did the onset of the discolored nail suddenly appear in a matter of a week? And was it only on the nails exposed to the product or was it on all nails (indicating some transdermal asborption and discoloring from the nail bed vs a staining from physical contact)?

I had the yellow discoloration on the nails from the HQ and that appears fairly quickly. The brown nail that I got (which was very dark brown) took 3 months to show up. I only developed that on 1 nail.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 4:57 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |