Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 12:02 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1,

I just want to say that is one of the sweetest posts/thank yous I have ever seen! Smile

I have a question, might be stupid but here goes, has anyone used the system anyplace other than the face? I am wondering if it would work on arms for example?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 12:14 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

I have a question, might be stupid but here goes, has anyone used the system anyplace other than the face? I am wondering if it would work on arms for example?

People do use the system for the body, DM, but it would get pretty expensive, honestly. You would need to use a lot of product for each arm. So the products will go very quickly due to being used on a larger body area.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 12:25 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

People do use the system for the body, DM, but it would get pretty expensive, honestly. You would need to use a lot of product for each arm. So the products will go very quickly due to being used on a larger body area.

LOL, Riley I had a feeling that might be the answer, hmm maybe when I win the lottery! Bad Grin

5% products discount

Sun May 02, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen, I did not start the Nu derm for pigmentation, I have not got any issues there. I started for adult and hormonal acne which I felt was getting out of hand and for ageing skin. And yes I do feel that my skin is as good now as at 13 weeks, in fact at times I feel that it is continuing to improve on maintenance. I do think that it is natural for us to quickly get used to changes in our skin and for us to be blind to improvements just because we have become used to current status quo. If you are still not sure if you are happy, I would suggest that you persevere to the full 18 weeks, at least if you do you will not be left wondering if you could have improved things further. Good Luck with the decision making!! Smile
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 6:52 pm      Reply with quote
Why when using exfoderm in the morning, it makes my eyes dry and makes me miserable. I don't use it around my eyes area. Sad Has anybody else had that issue before?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 02, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:
Why when using exfoderm in the morning, it makes my eyes dry and makes me miserable. I don't use it around my eyes area. Sad Has anybody else had that issue before?

I've never experienced this, Micka. Do you think it could be some sort of allergic reaction?

If you can handle the Exfoderm and Blender/Retin a, you might try using it at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 5:37 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
micka686 wrote:

I've never experienced this, Micka. Do you think it could be some sort of allergic reaction?

If you can handle the Exfoderm and Blender/Retin a, you might try using it at night.

I did not know you can use it all at night. So in this case, you apply Clear, then Exfoder and then Blender/Retin A? and what about during the day???

one more thing, I started to wear my foundation today, because my skin turn really red and it gives me a whole lot of stress. Am I hindering the result of Obagi and should I quit using Primer and foundation altogether for the priod I am under Obagi? or is it ok to wear my foundation? This is what I did: Clear, Exfoderm, Sunblock, primer, foundation. It looks pretty good, I shall say ...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 6:06 am      Reply with quote
micka686 wrote:

I did not know you can use it all at night. So in this case, you apply Clear, then Exfoder and then Blender/Retin A? and what about during the day???

If you are very early on in the Nu Derm regimen, I would not advise that. That is a ton of actives on your skin all at once and if you have sensitive skin, you will probably have a lot of problems.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 03, 2010 3:21 pm      Reply with quote
Sydney...thanku soo much for the siggestion..and u know what,,,,afer reading ur post i asked my self i m happy or not wuth my skin...so here is what i think..
So far so good,,,i m really happy with what i see now on my face,,,huge difference,,,as if i have got my life back,,,honestly,,no exaggeration,,,but u have made me ralize that i should complete my 18 weeks on obagi cuz may be thats going ot make my skin even better,,,and i wont be thinknig what it would be like after 18 weeks,,,so i will definitley do the 18 weeks now SmileSmileSmile Thanks alotttttttttttt girl..
u rock !!!
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 7:16 am      Reply with quote
Is it ok to wear makeup during the Nuderm regiment??? Today is my 11th day and I wore my Clear, Exfoderm, sunscreen, primer and abit of Revlon colorstay foundation. Am I stopping the effect of Exfoderm? does anybody know the answer? Please advise.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Micka, it should be fine to wear make up!

Maheen, I'm sure you'll be happier in the end that you did the full 18 wks! With that said though, I've already stopped the full regimen. I didn't have much of a problem with the hyperpigmentation so I think I've gotten the maximum from Nuderm for what I can achieve with it. I will still be using the products 2-3x per week but will also be looking at others for my pore issues and stubborn flat blackheads on my nose and my acne scars.
micka686
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 9:57 am      Reply with quote
moosejavian wrote:
Micka, it should be fine to wear make up!

Maheen, I'm sure you'll be happier in the end that you did the full 18 wks! With that said though, I've already stopped the full regimen. I didn't have much of a problem with the hyperpigmentation so I think I've gotten the maximum from Nuderm for what I can achieve with it. I will still be using the products 2-3x per week but will also be looking at others for my pore issues and stubborn flat blackheads on my nose and my acne scars.

Thanks moosejavian for the reply. I was afraid with using makeup I would reduce the effect of Nuderm. But I think I am ok now. thanks.
Sydney
5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
You're welcome Maheen, don't think I have ever been told that I rock!!! Laughing Good Luck with restarting, as I have said in previous posts, it is much harder to restart once you have stopped.

Moosejavan, glad to hear that you are happy with your results!

Kims, how are you getting on with your six weeks of obagi? Is your skin red and peeling again?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:52 am      Reply with quote
how r my bestiesssssssssssssssssss >?????????
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 2:10 pm      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:
how r my bestiesssssssssssssssssss >?????????

Glad to hear from you , Maheen! I was wondering where you've been.

So, how are things going with Obagi these days? I hope you're still liking your skin.

Did you decide to do the full 18 weeks?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Kims u r sooo nice....
Actually i went on vacations once again so i had to stop obagi again for 10 days,,not good i know,,,,i had to travel in the car for mnay hours when there was sunshine and also during those 10 days i was out in the sun for many hours at a stretch,,i was applyin g sunblock before leaving the house but if i was staying out for more than 2 hours,,i was not applying sunblock again cuz i was wearing make up on with blush etc so thats why...
Anyway so,,,during the vacation i noticed that my skin has improved definitely after obagi cuz i didnt have any discoloration or blothciness etc and the skin was more even toned than ever but i was hating my nasolabial folds all the time,,,i m ena i attended a wedding and then reception and during both these 2 days i was overall happy with what obagi did for me but the nasolabial folds was making my face look bad,,i was thinknig that after obagi i ll be happy with my skin completely but now these folds are hindering my happiness...what to do i dont know,,it makes me look as if i m not 30 but 60..and even people who r 60 dont have these folds if they take care of their skins...
Since i have come back from the vacations,,,my skin is looking a bit less even toned than before,,,do u think its cuz i was nt aplying sunblock every 2 hours while on vacation ?
I am sure it will get okay in a few days gaain but i m worried that if it takes that fast to ruin all the results then what would i do once i m expecting and wont be using obagi at all >???
And yes sweety i have decided to do the complete 18 weeks and there is a possibility that i ll even do the 24 weeks since there is no vacation coming in the next few months and so there will be no breaks that i will be taking,,,cuz after the break,it gets even harder to start aagin cuz ur skin reacts badly in the first few days Smile
Much luvvvvvvvvvv
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 11:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi Maheen,
Hope you enjoyed your vacation! I know it's hard to start up again and deal with the initial reaction -- again. But, I'm sure your skin will adjust quickly and you'll once again be pleased with it.

I think the best you can do is wear an effective sunblock while you're out and there's just going to be situations when we can't reapply our ss every few hours. I'm like you, I just do NOT want the sunspots to reappear!

So, what week are you on now? I think the full 18 is a great idea.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, there are powder sunscreens in different shades so you can also use that, it's just a loose powder so it can go on top of your make up. Jane Iredale, Colorscience, Eminence are a few that I know. HTH!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Moose javian u r right,,,,,but if i m out for e.g at a party etc then using the loose powder with spf is hard so today i went to buy the jane iredale"s compact mineral powder,,,i already bought its loose form so yes that will help Smile excited Smile
Kims i have started my 14th week today so lets see,,,,5 weeks to go Smile
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 13, 2010 10:36 pm      Reply with quote
hi guys! i just wanna ask what brand of tretinoin do u guys suggest to use with obagi blender.. Smile
its_kristy
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
I'm on my second tube and the first tube was the Obagi brand. My current tube is Retino-A made by Johnson and Johnson in India that I got from alldaychemist.

5% products discount

Fri May 14, 2010 2:13 pm      Reply with quote
So I am just starting my week 5 and I have noticed that my skin is softer and supple. The peeling has been gone for about one week now. I am having zero reaction now. Should I up the dose or is my skin just used to it now? I have had a few nasty breakouts on my chin and can't wait for those red marks to disappear. Does it take the full 18 weeks to notice the fading? My skin is fabulous now but the spots where I had a few breakouts recently are really red. Should I use more clear on those spots? Thanks!
margarett
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 2:45 pm      Reply with quote
I use the one I buy at the drugstore, Stieva-A. 0.025%
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 3:32 pm      Reply with quote
juls0630 wrote:
So I am just starting my week 5 and I have noticed that my skin is softer and supple. The peeling has been gone for about one week now. I am having zero reaction now. Should I up the dose or is my skin just used to it now? I have had a few nasty breakouts on my chin and can't wait for those red marks to disappear. Does it take the full 18 weeks to notice the fading? My skin is fabulous now but the spots where I had a few breakouts recently are really red. Should I use more clear on those spots? Thanks!

I would keep doing what you are doing and not change anything at this time. Wait until 8 weeks and see how your skin is doing if you are going to increase the % of RA. It is different for everyone as far as results. Some see a difference in a few weeks, and others take 3 months before there is a major visible difference. HTH!
pinkpaperdoll
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 14, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
its_kristy wrote:
I'm on my second tube and the first tube was the Obagi brand. My current tube is Retino-A made by Johnson and Johnson in India that I got from alldaychemist.

Thanks for info! Wink
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 5:03 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |