Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 10:49 pm      Reply with quote
Thank u sooo much Kims Smile u have made me happy Smile yes r ruight the blotchy is almost gone.....hmmm i regret i havent taken any pics before starting nuderm otherwise would have posted them too and u could compare it with these ones...but since i have seen myself before,,,i know i had quite severe blotchiness...i m sooo happy cant see it anymore....
Hmmm do u think jane iredale makes foundation in yellow tones too....hmm i think they do...u r quite fair kims but i guess i have a medium complexion,,,so Tomoorrow i m going to try it at nordstrom spa but i m just a bit worried...i feel whenever u go to such places,the sales person dont want u to try the makeup ur self rather they say"let us try it on u and find the right shade for u) ...I dont want this to happen this time cuz they always give me the wrong shade that looks only right in the lights of the store but not outside in my home or sunlight...what should i dooooo ? i m scared if i ll ask them for samples of 3 or 4 different shades they wont give me...
Any suggestions....
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:03 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, have you checked out the janeiredale.com site? It tells you about finding the right shade, they also have how to videos. They cover a big range of shades/undertones. If you read up on there then you will probably have a better idea of what shade to get and you can specifically ask for that shade when you get to the store.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
thanks Moosejavian....they have few shades that r for yellow gold tones but its hard to tell which one woud be right for me only by looking its picture onlnie...and yes i did check their sites,,,have 4 shades in mind but dont know how to try...going ot the spa only for trying them and if they wont let me do that,,,i would waste my time Sad
Thanks sweety...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
Oh I am sure they will let you try, they would want the business after all. Which shades were you looking at? I have to go back to the spa here to try the pressed bases ones, when I first went the lady thinks I need the amber(I tried the liquid and amazing base). It's hard to see with just the store lights so I think I will try them and leave the store and wear it for a few hours before I commit. Anyway, good luck!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
yeah u r right,,,,the y will let me try hopefully....why do u want a pressed one ?isnt the loose powder good enuff ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:19 pm      Reply with quote
i wanna try warm sienna
warm silk
amber Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 19, 2010 11:22 pm      Reply with quote
I think it says the pressed has better coverage and is good for large pores. She offered that to me first but I had the idea in my head that I want the liquid so I didn't try it. I mentioned that I am on obagi and can't really use moisturizing ones so she said better check first which ingredients I can't use. I don't know why I didn't even try the pressed ones, maybe because I've just always used liquid foundations before.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:11 pm      Reply with quote
how is everyone doing....i have finished my 7th weel today...my skin feels really dry.....before applying obagi prodcts,,,i applied my fav primer than moistruzer and then the laura mercer loose mineral powder and guess what ???? my skin still felt so dry and flaky that the makeup looked horrible...yukh...

I dont know when would my skin look really nice...the scars are still prominent,,,the blotchiess is evry light...but skin is very dry but not tight...
wanted to get everday mineral powder but read it is causing bumps on face so dot know anymore..
How is ur skin doing Hellenzq and Moosejavian,,any good changes for u in the past week ?
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
and by the way Moosejavian,,i forgot ,,,did u tell me about some mineral powder that u r using...hmmm may be i can use the same brand and the same shade..SmileSmileSmile since ur skin tone looks a bit yellow too Smile which shade ur using and which brand...Smile
thanks...
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 6:54 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I am going to definitely buy Jane Iredale, just haven't figured out which one of the foundations and the shade. I am thinking I will wait for their starter kit but I still would have to try out the shade so I will know what to order. Seems like Amber and Warm Sienna will work for me but that's just my guess, I would still have to try them out first!

Nothing really major for my Obagi face this week except that I don't peel a lot anymore. I still get red especially when I blush, wondering more now whether I have a mild form of rosacea. I still have to order 0.05% tretinoin, I think my skin has gotten used to the 0.25%.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:51 pm      Reply with quote
Moosejavian good to hear back from u...
My skin is the same as well,,,,infact a bit more dry...i am glad we have atleast seen seom improvements so far...but i would definitely like to see moreee improvement Smile
As for me,,,i m also so much inclined towards buying jane iredale...what has made u so sure about u buying jane iredale? only that u have heard alot of good things about it or there is someother reason...
u know u r right...warm sieena or amber,,,these r the two i wanna try...infact i did try warm sienna and golden glow and yeah also warm silk at the nordstrom spa...what i fiugured out is that warm silk is more pinkish so i dont wanna get it,,not right for me,,,golden glow was a bit dark for me and warm sienna looked fine but i wont buy it until i go there again,,,apply it on my face and go out and see in the sunlight how it seems...this nordstrom didnt have amber sahde so i could nt try it...they dot have the full line of jane iredale... but i know other than amber those were the ones i wanted to try cuz could be right for me...
Hmmm do u htink amber is a bit liughter than warm sienna or a bit darker ? i really dont know about that...
I tried everyday minerals,,,and winged buuter was perfect sahde for me but then read alot of reviews on other forums that made me foind out that people r getting weird bumps on their face because of it so it scared me alot and thats when i become sure i want jane iredale..Also everyday min foundation powder is alot cheaper and i dont know why...its only for 12 $ ...thats strange...
arrity u tk care and best of luck Smile
I know i write alot and talk alot too Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 7:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hey by the way does anyone know if i use jane ireedale Mineral loose powder and i wanna get a tinted moisturizer,,,is it a better option to get tinted moisturizer of the same brand,that is jane iredale,,,or if i get the right shade in anyother brand let"s say laura mercier,,,that would be fine as well... Smile
Thanks Smile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember now why I am all for JI instead of the other mineral make up, can't remember if it was the nano particles in the others but not JI. I first heard about JI from my spa lady who said everybody loves JI but she doesn't want to carry the products because another spa already carries it.

I think Warm Sienna is darker than Amber. The lady picked Amber for me to try. In the starter kit-Golden which is what I think suits me based on the Fitzpatrick scale of IV, they carry the Warm Sienna and Golden Glow. In the video they said to use the lighter shade in the middle of the face and the darker in the perimeter or you can use the lighter in the winter and darker in the summer.
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, also JI doesn't have the parabens in them.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
oh than ks Moose fo rletting me know..thats great then...
u know everyday minerals shade winged butter is too good,,,perfect match for me,,,i hope that warm sienna is also a perfect shade...
Cant get everyday minerals,,people say bad thigs about it..."Sad
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:31 am      Reply with quote
hmmmm Moose javian i didnt get it...what is the purpose of using lughter shade in the center and darker in the sides...hmmmmi have never heard that we can use two shades on our face at the same time ?
that sounds interesting...
And u know what,,,golden glow is a bit darker for me...i was looknig much dark after applying it,,,,probably warm sienna would be mine SmileSmileSmile Do u think it has a yellow tone in it ?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 11:58 am      Reply with quote
Maheen, it's on one of their videos, it's just a technique to open up the face more or something. I haven't tried it either but I'm sure they know what they are talking about! Smile
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 1:12 pm      Reply with quote
MOosejavian u r sooo informative...love u love u love.......let me go and check it out Smile
Where exacty is the video...hmmm okay let me find out my self,,,my homeowrk SmileSmileSmile
Thanksssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssssss
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 4:07 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, did you find it? This one's from youtube, this is where I saw the use of the lighter/darker shade, its called "Flawless in 5 minutes". http://www.youtube.com/user/janeiredale
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 23, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
I can't remember if I've asked about eyebrow waxing on this thread or the other Obagi thread but now I wanted to ask if anyone has done threading while on the Obagi. I have finally found one who does it in my small city and am booked on Friday. My face just gets scratched so easily I wonder if threading will be kinda harsh at this time? Just tonight I got a scratch from a tissue box (my 3 yr old's doing) Rolling Eyes
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 2:02 am      Reply with quote
Moose javian thank u sooo much for posting the link..No i tried to find it on jane Iredale"s site,,,thought it was there,,,silly me,,,,saw all the demos could nt find this one hahahaha....
Thanks ,,,now i ll watch it...Smile
Hmm u know i also wanna get my eyebrown threaded,,,i m getting scratches very easily too,,,,i m not sure if its the right thing to do at this pint...Waxing is a complete no no...Smile
Somehting that i am not liking these days is the return of acne....2 pimples are on the left cheek and one on the right,,,one on the forehead...it was nt there in the 7th week....aaah.....some day i m doo happy that Obagi is really doing its job and its finally time to see the good skin,,,and some days like today and yeaterdya i feel sad,,,there is so much redensss cuz of acne,,,ofcourse the tone doesnt look even...I am happy cuz Blotchiness had made my face look very very dirty and since i m using obagi,,,there is no more blotchiness,,,but now i have another problem that i didnt have before,,,Acne Smile
How r things with u Moose ?
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Maheen, I just had one big breakout on the side of my face too, near the hairline. I think we'll still get some pimples now and again while the skin is still purging. Did you like that video? I thought it was pretty cool, I hope I can do it when I get the starter kit!
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Moosejavian...,,,,u r right about the pimples but i hope we dont get any acne after finishing the whole treatment....i have 5 pimples imagine and all r fat hahaha...and red....
And No i havent seen the video yet,,,honestly i have been so busy lately but i m excited to watch it and i ll let u know what i think about it...it sounds cool though..
SmileSmileSmile
moosejavian
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 9:06 pm      Reply with quote
I have also started using tretinoin on my back and I am breaking out with tiny pimples. It's kinda discouraging but I must continue!

Anyway, if you are on Facebook, there is a Jane Iredale page you can become a fan of, that is where I first saw that video on youtube.
maheen1
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 24, 2010 10:28 pm      Reply with quote
Thank u soo much Moose javian...wow u have all the information....my baby and hubby both have slept so now it my time...i m gonna watch it yayyyy.....
about tretinoin...why r u using it on ur back ? any hyperpigmented areas there as well ?
Anyway its gonna be fine after sometime i m sure...Good luck Smile
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 12:23 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |