Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Tue Sep 14, 2010 6:15 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
I don't think you'll regret buying the Blender; the products really are intended to be used together and you'll probably get better results.

Nuderm is great for pigmentation issues. Keep us posted on your progress!

gah! ok i just took the plunge and bought the Blender. these obagi products are so expensive!, well i guess if it breaks me out i'll just give it to my mom, she uses Retin a anyway

and i've taken before pics, i guess i'll post them here in a month or 2 when results start happening
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 15, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
I agree that the products are expensive but sooo worth it! I'm on maintenance now and I always make sure that I have Clear, Exfoderm Forte, and Blender on hand -- along with retin a.

We'll look forward to seeing your progress! Smile

5% products discount

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:50 am      Reply with quote
so it's been a little over a week and my number 1 issue is my eyes. I had no eye wrinkles im 20. My eyes look like an 80 year old's eyes. I have a billion wrinkles under them and they're so dry, how do i fix this my concealer won't apply flawlessly and smoothly anymore.
How long will my eyes look like this and should i apply an eye cream at night? over the blender/retin a

The rest of my face.. peeling and verryy dryyy. no breakouts, few blackheads that don't seem to be budging, is the retin a supposed to fix that? because i'm so tempted to squeeze them all
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
eyecandi17 wrote:
so it's been a little over a week and my number 1 issue is my eyes. I had no eye wrinkles im 20. My eyes look like an 80 year old's eyes. I have a billion wrinkles under them and they're so dry, how do i fix this my concealer won't apply flawlessly and smoothly anymore.
How long will my eyes look like this and should i apply an eye cream at night? over the blender/retin a

The rest of my face.. peeling and verryy dryyy. no breakouts, few blackheads that don't seem to be budging, is the retin a supposed to fix that? because i'm so tempted to squeeze them all

Use less product around your eyes, and definitely use a cream around your eyes at night. It can take 4-6 weeks for that dryness to go away in that area, but if you aren't improving in that area in that time, I would avoid the products around the eyes.
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:21 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
eyecandi17 wrote:

Use less product around your eyes, and definitely use a cream around your eyes at night. It can take 4-6 weeks for that dryness to go away in that area, but if you aren't improving in that area in that time, I would avoid the products around the eyes.

ty i'll try that. and i think i'm gonna switch to regular exfoderm i suspect the "emulsifying wax" in the forte might be causing blackheads *sigh* Sad
DeniseStrawberry

Sat Sep 25, 2010 2:29 pm      Reply with quote
I'm 27 years old and am starting the Obagi Nu Derm system on Monday recommended to me by a dermatologist. I have alot of sun damage from years of baking in the sun trying to achieve that perfect tan but I've finally realized what I'm doing to myself. I now have a face full of freckles (which at this age are actually AGE SPOTS!! eeeek!)that I never had before, I have broken blood vessels all over my face and according to the dermatologist I have Melasma. I dont want to look 80 when I'm 40! I've read through all of the pages on this forum and I'm excited to get started but also very nervous. I have no idea how my skin will react... Does anyone have any words of encouragment or advice? I would love to see some of your before, during and after pics!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 25, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
DeniseStrawberry wrote:
I'm 27 years old and am starting the Obagi Nu Derm system on Monday recommended to me by a dermatologist. I have alot of sun damage from years of baking in the sun trying to achieve that perfect tan but I've finally realized what I'm doing to myself. I now have a face full of freckles (which at this age are actually AGE SPOTS!! eeeek!)that I never had before, I have broken blood vessels all over my face and according to the dermatologist I have Melasma. I dont want to look 80 when I'm 40! I've read through all of the pages on this forum and I'm excited to get started but also very nervous. I have no idea how my skin will react... Does anyone have any words of encouragment or advice? I would love to see some of your before, during and after pics!

Hi, Denise. Words of encouragement here. If you stick with it, you will be very happy. I have said this many times on this forum, but Obagi is the one and only skin care line that has every done anything for my skin. It works. So, be prepared for some redness and dryness, and just keep going. Honestly, you will be very happy when your 18 weeks are up. All of us who have been on Obagi are here to support you! I actually just started back on Nu Derm myself a few days ago. Good luck!

ETA: Do a board search for Obagi and our beautiful tamgirl99. She has some great before and after pictures with Nu Derm.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Hi Rileygirl,
Are you doing a full round of Nuderm or just adding some products for maintenance? Let us know how things are going for you!

Denise,
Good luck with your Obagi journey! It does have its ups and downs, but I think you'll be glad you did it. I've been on maintenance for about a year now. I use the products 2-3 times a week and always make sure I don't run out of Clear, Exfoderm Forte, and Blender. Keep us posted!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 11:12 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,
Are you doing a full round of Nuderm or just adding some products for maintenance? Let us know how things are going for you!

Hi Kims. I am doing a full round of at least 6 weeks. I'll reassess at that time to see if I need longer or not, but I do plan on staying on the products for maintenance this time, so I am taking a less aggressive approach this time.
DeniseStrawberry

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

Denise,
Good luck with your Obagi journey! It does have its ups and downs, but I think you'll be glad you did it. I've been on maintenance for about a year now. I use the products 2-3 times a week and always make sure I don't run out of Clear, Exfoderm Forte, and Blender. Keep us posted!

Thanks Kims! Tomorrow is the day and I am so excited. So, is maintenance totally necessary? After the 18 weeks if i am happy with the results, can't i just continue on a regular skin care regimen? I will ask my Derm tomorrow, but what have you girls been told?
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:14 pm      Reply with quote
Glad to hear that you are back Rileygirl on Obagi

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:16 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

Hi Kims. I am doing a full round of at least 6 weeks. I'll reassess at that time to see if I need longer or not, but I do plan on staying on the products for maintenance this time, so I am taking a less aggressive approach this time.

I'm new to this so I have lots of questions...why are you starting the system again?? I hope I only have to endure it for 1 round.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:40 pm      Reply with quote
DeniseStrawberry wrote:

I'm new to this so I have lots of questions...why are you starting the system again?? I hope I only have to endure it for 1 round.

You are young, so 1 round for you (18 weeks normally) should be all you need, if you stay on maintenance. It is actually recommended to do a yearly cycle of 18 weeks, but most people do not do this. I have not stayed on maintenance due to several issues, but I am hoping to this time if I use a minimal amount of the products.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
red head wrote:
Glad to hear that you are back Rileygirl on Obagi

Thanks, red head. Very Happy I think I read you are also back on Nu Derm?
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
So, be prepared for some redness and dryness, and just keep going.

We are not allowed to put any comfort creams to combat dryness, but, I think, we can put a WARM compress to keep the wispy skin looking good.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
DeniseStrawberry wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

Denise,

Thanks Kims! Tomorrow is the day and I am so excited. So, is maintenance totally necessary? After the 18 weeks if i am happy with the results, can't i just continue on a regular skin care regimen? I will ask my Derm tomorrow, but what have you girls been told?

Hi Denise,
Yes, I do think maintenance is necessary or you run the risk of your skin returning to its former pre-Obagi state. My biggest issue is hyperpigmentation and I just don't want it to come back so I stay on a maintenance plan that involves some of the Nuderm products and a good sunscreen.

Please keep us posted!

Kim

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 26, 2010 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Rileygirl,

Wishing you the best! Smile Let us know how this round goes since you've been down this road before!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 3:55 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
So, be prepared for some redness and dryness, and just keep going.

We are not allowed to put any comfort creams to combat dryness, but, I think, we can put a WARM compress to keep the wispy skin looking good.

Yes Iam starting again SLOW this time...as in my post I do not start the full cycle until Oct 3. Then my Exforderm is 3 on 3 off as well as Blender/Tret nothing but Clear on Sunday as I have been using the Gentle Cleanser my post gives the full system. If I can tolerate the Exforderm then we should be of if not then i will just use the Bio Medic scrub as suggested.

Thu Sep 30, 2010 2:06 pm      Reply with quote
Day 4 of Nu-Derm and already I cant wait for this to be over. lol I'm so red, tight and a little flakey but I'm surviving. I find the hardest part is that I shower at night so I try to get all of the dead skin off while im in there so then when I do the night routine, my face is soooo sore, like putting battery acid on a fresh cut. eeeeek! but I use a fan to cool it off and it's better within a half hour. I really hope my skin adjusts quickly!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2010 3:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm restarting the NuDerm regimen. I did it last year and didn't keep up with the maintenance. I loved my results. My skin was so much smoother and it just looked good. Now that I'm starting from step 1 again ...I just have to get through the itchy, peeling red skin.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:48 pm      Reply with quote
Good luck, Bex!
bex
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 03, 2010 8:53 am      Reply with quote
Thanks so much!
DeniseStrawberry

Fri Oct 08, 2010 4:46 pm      Reply with quote
Day 12 on Nu-Derm and I think I'm through the worst of it. The first week was so unbearable I wanted to stop but a few helpful words of encouragement from my Derm was all it took to push me onwards. So glad I did, the redness/purplish tone has faded to a slight pink. The cracking burning skin is now just a mere flakiness when I stretch my mouth to eat. Whats that saying "no pain no gain"... that should be Obagi's Motto hahaha

I'll never forget the look of horror on my boyfriends face after I got out of the shower one day last week after rubbing all of the old skin off of my face to leave the beet red shiny tight skin."what are you doing to yourself?" he said "Is it really worth it?...You looked beautiful before..." lol bless his heart. Today he was so happy to see things have improved.

I have beauty marks on my cheeks, dark brown, slightly raised, a few millimeters in circumference and I'm curious if they will disappear? I kind of like them but if they must go then good riddance.

I have my 3 week check up in just over a week so I will keep you girls posted.

I took some before pics so once I've finished the system I will post them. Cant wait!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 12:37 pm      Reply with quote
I will post here as well as on the other Obagi thread as I want to give and receive advice and support on working through the Obagi system. I started NuDerm on Sept. 20, so I am almost at the 3 week mark. I started out on .025 Tret cream and didn't have much reaction so they just bumped me up to the .05 on Thurs. I have had a little more peeling and redness since starting that.
So far so good, I am using it maily to get rid of some slight age spots that OTC creams did not touch, even after months of diligent use. Also, I have mature, aging skin that I would like to stop or even slightly reverse the aging, through firming and softening of the wrinkles and they told me the NuDerm would help with that too.
I don't like that looking worse before it gets better stage, where I am at right now, but hopes that one day I can look back and say, wow, it was totally worth it.
Good luck to the others just starting or restarting the system.
red head
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 09, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
posting here as well.... Having to go VERY VERY SLOW this time......Iam back to only using cleanser/Toner/SS the Exforderm was to much for my sensative skin so they are re-assessing what I will use also no Blender/Tret or clear until my sensative skin calms down. I think rather then the Exforderm I will be using a gentle scrub from Bio Medic every 3rd day......Hang in there everyone

Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:52 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |