Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Nik537
5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi there
I'm on day 11 of the nuderm system today, just wondering if there's anyone else out there that could buddy up with me to monitor progress. I've had some up and down days so far, hoping it will settle soon!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:21 am      Reply with quote
Hi Nik, welcome to our little thread here, keep posting and there are some experienced users on here who can help us newbies along. I am in my 4th week and like you, am looking for others to buddy up with. Seems every day is just a little different but overall, I do like what I am seeing.
Good luck and ask questions here and please post what is happening with you as well.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
Nik, what were your skin conditions that prompted you to start using Obagi NuDerm?

Mine was brown spots that the OTC creams/potions were not even beginning to touch and the fact that they told me it would firm and add elasticity to my skin. I am almost finished with my first month and the brown spots may have lightened just a tiny bit and my skin is feeling very soft and looking nice and smooth, at least in between the flaky areas.

I don't care for the feeling of dryness and the itching that I feel with it but if it gives me the results I am after, I am willing to work through that.
Nik537
5% products discount

Sat Oct 16, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Hello Buffy!
Thanks for replying. I wanted to use the product as I saw someone who had used it with amazing skin. I wanted it!
I had an awful peely day yesterday but things seem a little better day. It's so hard to go to work like this!
I'm on 0.1 tret every two days at the moment but have to increase it to every day when I hit two weeks so things will probably take a turn for the worse then.
I've found the clinique 7 exfoliator helps a bit and I've also bought the derma cloth.
Guess we just have to get on with it and hope 18 weeks passes quickly!
I grew up in south africa so I've spent a lot of time in the sun. I've actually found since starting the product, more marks have come out on my nose, perhaps it gets worse before it gets better?
Thanks for your support!
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 16, 2010 10:17 pm      Reply with quote
I am also using a mild exfoliator, about every third day or so, I try to just use it very gently but to help dislodge some of the flakies. Doesn't seem to hurt anything, I wouldn't want to use a strong one or rub very hard. In a pinch while I was traveling, I even just mixed a little sugar with my cleanser to help get rid of some of the flaky areas.
Also, like you Nik, I saw someone with amazing skin who was an Obagi rep and she had used the program for 2 years, I wanted skin like hers.
Nik537
5% products discount

Sun Oct 17, 2010 10:39 am      Reply with quote
Have you noticed a big difference between week 2 and week 4 Buffy? With regard to redness? I have to up my tret to daily from Wednesday and I'm a little worried about that.
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 17, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
I haven't had a lot of redness, I guess I have been lucky there but you will be pleased at the ongoing results between week 2 and 4, today I thought my skin really looked good except for a few flaky areas and this is the end of week 4.

Have a busy week ahead so won't be online much, so if I get a chance to get on, I will check on your progress. Keep it up, it is worth it.
Freedomwriter

Mon Oct 18, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
Just to let you all know the follow on from my last posting, when I was so red and I was using 0.1 tretinoin 3 times a week.
It's now my third week and I have reduced the amount of tret I'm using to about the size of a pea then mixed with blender about the same amount and although there is a little flaking and some redness I feel that for the most part I could cover it up with make up. Feeling a bit more positive about the side effects and the brown marks are starting to fade however I was hoping to look quite a bit better and I can't say that's happened. Oh dear, I hope things improve.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 18, 2010 6:00 am      Reply with quote
Freedomwriter wrote:
J however I was hoping to look quite a bit better and I can't say that's happened. Oh dear, I hope things improve.

It takes time for the improvement especially if you are not using the products daily and the correct amounts. It is fine to use a slower method with less product, but then you need to have patience as the results will also take longer. Good luck!
Nik537
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 11:52 am      Reply with quote
Hello girls
Thank you for the feedback. I have been told to up my tret from Wednesday, I'll use it daily then but only as you say a pea sized amount with a pea sized amount of blender. I think he wants me to get used to the product. Otherwise I am using the products as I'm supposed to. Very strange how one day I look absolutely awful and the next I can stand to look in the mirror. It's almost becoming a way of life now, guess that's the only way to look at it.
Onwards and upwards!
eyecandi17
5% products discount

Mon Oct 18, 2010 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
does anyone know the exact amount of retin a and the exact amount of blender you are supposed to be using every night?
Nik537
5% products discount

Tue Oct 19, 2010 2:03 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Candy
I've been using a pea size of tret (0.1) and a pea size amount of blender, for the first two weeks every alternate evening, from tomorrow I'm using it every night. Was just trying to get my skin used to it, but I'm still red and peely, had an awful day today and I'm sure it will only get worse now! Keep the faith!
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 19, 2010 6:47 pm      Reply with quote
eyecandi17 wrote:
does anyone know the exact amount of retin a and the exact amount of blender you are supposed to be using every night?

Hi Eyecandi,
You're supposed to use 1/2g of Blender with 1/2 to 1g of Tretinoin. When mixed together, this is A LOT of product and it takes a while to get it rubbed in.

However, if you have received different directions from your derm or esthetician, I would definitely adhere to those.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 21, 2010 1:42 pm      Reply with quote
heeeelllllo Rileygirl and Kims..remember me ???? Very Happy
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone.
Been traveling all week so got on this morning to check to see how everyone is doing.
Patience is key! I am almost through week 5 and have to say, this past week my skin has really looked pretty. Still some minor redness and minor flaky but after I cleanse with the cleanser and a very mild exfoliator, I then apply some clenziderm moisturizer that my Obagi nurse recommended and very little Jane Iredale mineral makeup and I love the way my skin looks. So, keep it up, it is worth it. I am lucky I have been able to use the tret from day 1, but I started at .025 and then at about 3 weeks moved up to .05. I think in a couple of weeks I might ask if I should move up to .1.
I have a soft little face brush I use on the flakies, don't scratch them off or make your skin sore.
Nik537
5% products discount

Sat Oct 23, 2010 10:32 am      Reply with quote
Hi Buffy
So pleased you are happy with your results. Something to strive for!
I have upped my tret to everyday now and so far so good, a little flaky but nothing I can't deal with.
Hello Maheen
I have read a lot of your posts, are you still using the product? How is your skin now?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 11:13 am      Reply with quote
maheen1 wrote:

Hi Maheen! How are you doing? Very Happy
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 23, 2010 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
maheen1 wrote:

Hi Maheen! How are you doing? Very Happy

I was going to say the same thing!!

5% products discount

Mon Oct 25, 2010 7:10 am      Reply with quote
thanks guys, yea i've been mixing the 1/2 gram of blender with the retin a. Yes kim i find it hard to rub in too. I must say though i'm feeling very discouraged. My skin is looking bad..real bad. Just went to NY for a few days and my skin looked horrible in the bright sun, it's very blotchy, patchy, rough looking, wrinkly, red and irritated in spots. it was just horrible i felt so self conscious that everyone was looking at my face i wore huge glasses to be incognito.My skin looked a million times better when i was 2 weeks in using the retin a micro instead of obagi tretinoin, but it's too late now to switch i've already ordered more. I'm tempted to stop the system and do a face peel to get my skin even again i hate looking like a cheetah Crying or Very sad

Wondering though, what retin a is everyone using with the system? Obagi brand or from All Day Chemist or something else? gel or cream formula?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 5:54 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Eyecandi,
At first, I used retin a prescribed by my doctor and now I use one from ADC. I know formulations can differ so I don't really know which one is better.

It sounds like the Obagi retin a is a bit stronger for you than the micro. Are you also using the Exfoderm? I know this helps with exfoliation. I don't think I would do a peel right now.

How far are you into the Obagi regime?

5% products discount

Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:22 am      Reply with quote
Hello Eyecandi
I'm using the obagi retin A, started every other day and have been using it every day since last week. Only use a pea size amount of that and the blender at the moment, but not suffering too badly apart from a very tight feeling. It's the exofoderm I hate!
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
eyecandi17 wrote:
thanks guys, yea i've been mixing the 1/2 gram of blender with the retin a. Yes kim i find it hard to rub in too. I must say though i'm feeling very discouraged. My skin is looking bad..real bad. Just went to NY for a few days and my skin looked horrible in the bright sun, it's very blotchy, patchy, rough looking, wrinkly, red and irritated in spots. it was just horrible i felt so self conscious that everyone was looking at my face i wore huge glasses to be incognito.My skin looked a million times better when i was 2 weeks in using the retin a micro instead of obagi tretinoin, but it's too late now to switch i've already ordered more. I'm tempted to stop the system and do a face peel to get my skin even again i hate looking like a cheetah Crying or Very sad

Wondering though, what retin a is everyone using with the system? Obagi brand or from All Day Chemist or something else? gel or cream formula?
I used cream type now but when I used gel, that makes my skin more irritate and dry. I like Cream better than Gel one. I never used Obagi product of tretinoin cream but All Day Chemist works for me.
littlepleasance
5% products discount

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
So I've read that you need to have retin A in order for the nuderm system to work properly... is that true?

Do I need to see a dermatologist to get a prescription for retin A? Could I see results without using the retin A?
littlepleasance
5% products discount

Thu Oct 28, 2010 1:19 am      Reply with quote
So I've read that you need to have retin A in order for the nuderm system to work properly... is that true?

Do I need to see a dermatologist to get a prescription for retin A? Could I see results without using the retin A?

I am guessing nu derm is not something to use long term. So what is suggested after doing the nuderm treatment?
buffy45
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:24 pm      Reply with quote
After you do the nu derm treatment, then you go on a maintainence program, I think where you only use the products 2-3 times per week, or per your derms instructions. And, of course, keep up with the sunscreen.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 10:43 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |