Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

My Obagi nuderm diary...with follow up :)
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 09, 2011 4:50 am      Reply with quote
I don't think Nuderm does much for scarring either. I have a few shallow acne scars on my cheek as well.

I've had "limited" success with pores and texture issues. I'm mainly doing another round in hopes of improving my skin's texture.

IDK, maybe laser is the way to go for testural issues!

I do know that Nuderm is GREAT for getting rid of hyperpigmentation!

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 1:39 pm      Reply with quote
Well I have only been on Nuderm a week and I didn't think I needed it for hyperpigmentation which seems to be the main area to address after reading the forum posts. I am not sure I am going to be able to stick this out as I feel to have started hot flushes early. My face starts out ok in the morning and after 10 mins seems to be red hot and shiny, today I have developed spots and seem to be back in my teenage years! Not sure I can hack this while in the classroom just for addressing pores as a pre treatment for co2 laser, think my products may end up on ebay. I take my hat off to you other ladies who have endured this, just finding it difficult while working. Am undecided tonight whether to put the blender and tretinoin on again for these spots, only 2 or three just not used to them Sad
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Hi MLS,
Have you talked to your doctor about what you're experiencing? I know that breaking out can be pretty common -- especially in the first six weeks -- the "out with the old" stage.

The Nuderm process is all about transforming your skin and training it to "behave" (if you will) as it's designed to. This process is certainly no picnic! I would think that since you're "prepping" your skin for a laser treatment, you wouldn't have to do the full treatment period. Maybe six weeks??

I understand how frustrating it can be!! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:00 pm      Reply with quote
Nudeen, your initial post on here makes me really want to try the Obagi system. I don't have the deep scars you mentioned, although I do have mild ice-pick like scars. I have noticed that these little bumps will appear and just kind of roll off if I mess with them and this causes a small hole in my face. I am not quite certain what causes the formation of these or even the name of them. I think I may try the Obagi in the near future. I have been using KH VitaKombi for a while and love it, and I do think it has helped my face somewhat but I am looking for something more.....I will have to read through these posts in a bit to see other results

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 10, 2011 6:51 pm      Reply with quote
MentorAmy05 wrote:
Nudeen, your initial post on here makes me really want to try the Obagi system. I don't have the deep scars you mentioned, although I do have mild ice-pick like scars. I have noticed that these little bumps will appear and just kind of roll off if I mess with them and this causes a small hole in my face. I am not quite certain what causes the formation of these or even the name of them. I think I may try the Obagi in the near future. I have been using KH VitaKombi for a while and love it, and I do think it has helped my face somewhat but I am looking for something more.....I will have to read through these posts in a bit to see other results

Could this be milia??

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 5:20 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
MentorAmy05 wrote:

those actually don't look like they would "roll" off like mine do, although when I get one (which is every now and again only) they are about that size.....If I just take my finger and rub it in circles, then it comes off easily, but leaves a small hole in my skin.

Could this be milia??

Dry - Combo Skin - added Retin A to my pm skincare regime on March 20, 2015---I have used Rosehip and coconut oil-daily-for over a year and this significally reduced my scarring and evened my skin tone
monalisasmiler
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2011 12:20 am      Reply with quote
skin a lot better today, had one night off in which I used neostrata similar to exfoderm I believe. Thanks for the encouragement kims much appreciated. Just wondered if anyone has used the obagi with dermaroller?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 12, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
monalisasmiler wrote:
skin a lot better today, had one night off in which I used neostrata similar to exfoderm I believe. Thanks for the encouragement kims much appreciated. Just wondered if anyone has used the obagi with dermaroller?

Since Obagi can be such an intense treatment, I'd be hesitant to add another element (dermaroller) to the mix. Maybe try it when you've moved on to the maintenance stage??

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 06, 2011 12:00 pm      Reply with quote
i agree there is no need to add anything to the system.

if you use it with the rentinal A and on a regular basis is should work very well for you

5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 5:58 pm      Reply with quote
Just a question does anyone out there know if the Blender can be mixed with Differin 0.1 % ? It is a synthetic retin A. Thxs... any info would help a bunch.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:18 pm      Reply with quote
jujubean wrote:
Just a question does anyone out there know if the Blender can be mixed with Differin 0.1 % ? It is a synthetic retin A. Thxs... any info would help a bunch.

Is Differin cream or gel? I don't see why you couldn't mix the two.

5% products discount

Sun Aug 14, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
Thxs for the reply Kims its a gel. Will it work the same? ( I just sent you a private message on this subject)
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 14, 2011 7:08 pm      Reply with quote
jujubean wrote:
Thxs for the reply Kims its a gel. Will it work the same? ( I just sent you a private message on this subject)

I think it will work okay; I've just read where people thought a gel was more difficult to mix in with the Blender.

Wed Nov 30, 2011 9:18 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for sharing your experience. I am by the beginning of week 2 with Obagi Nu Derm Normal/Oily regimen with Exfoderm Forte (+ Tretinoin 0.1). I peeled a bit during the first few days (mostly around my mouth) but now my skin has turned bright red, is very "papery" and dry with no peeling. My face burns. I look like I have had a very very bad sun burn.

How long does this redness phase usually last? (I preferred the peeling to the redness...)
jujubean
5% products discount

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:29 am      Reply with quote
Hi M I am on the 4 month mark, so my face has gone through a lot of changes. I'm thinking your tretinoin is way to strong. You should start with more likely .25 and then work your way up to .1. I'm still on .05 and will probably stay there. I still peel but am not as red. Maybe try to skip a few days of the tetinoin. You dont want to get scarring or do damage to your skin. Update us and if you have more questions someone out here will reply.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Nov 30, 2011 10:30 am      Reply with quote
I replied on the other thread, Margeritte. If the burning is bad, try some zinc diaper rash cream. That will help very quickly.
Margeritte

Wed Nov 30, 2011 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Thank you very much for your replies Jujubean and Rileygirl!

I am not sure why my dermatologist prescribed the 0.1 Tretinoin, I will discuss this with him and see if I might need to change to a lower dosage.

I have a feeling that it is the Exfoderm forte that mostly contributes to the redness, as my skin sort of "flares up" after I have put it on and calms down a bit later on during the day (but still quite red). I will decrease the amount I use to begin with and then maybe just use it every second day.
emilienorway

Tue Oct 09, 2012 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi.

I dont know how to start a new thread so i just post my question here, since its related to OBagi nu derm system.
Im on my 6th day, one week tomorow, and wonder hos long my redness and flaking will last? My doctor said that the *ugly*phase would last shorter because im pretty young(19 yrs old). She said approximately 4 weeks(instead of 6). Im going to London on my 22th day with the system, do you think my face will calm down by that time?

Thank you

Emilie
notsobad

Wed Oct 10, 2012 8:32 pm      Reply with quote
My chin area and around my mouth feel crusty. I have been using this product since July and it only started working in mid September. normal? My daughter told me that my face looks like I went to the beach, got a sunburn and got my face wet and smeared sand around my mouth and it dried there. Is this normal? Sad

Sun Nov 11, 2012 9:34 am      Reply with quote
I was wondering if anyone else has experienced this problem with Obaji. I stopped using the products 15 days ago and my neck area is still not healed. The face healed nicely, but the area under my jaw bone is darker, feels like rough leather and my skin is pulled really tight (not in a nice way, like a burn victim). I have been using aloe vera and vitamin E and once the burn started healing, just moisturized like crazy. I cannot get the tightness to go away. I am going to make an appointment with a dermatologist but was wondering if anyone else experienced this.
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:35 am      Reply with quote
notsobad: Probably you are using too much of the products. Cut dosage in half. Also make sure that you always wear sunscreen of at least 30 SPF.

tarry4: Did you use a good neck moisturizer after you stopped using it? also, did you use a sunscreen?
jade-1234
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 11, 2012 10:40 am      Reply with quote
If you cut the dosage in half, the reaction of the skin would be less than now. Your doctor is right, skin renewal for younger skin is so much quicker..

emilienorway wrote:
Hi. Im on my 6th day, one week tomorow, and wonder hos long my redness and flaking will last? My doctor said that the *ugly*phase would last shorter because im pretty young(19 yrs old). She said approximately 4 weeks(instead of 6). Im going to London on my 22th day with the system, do you think my face will calm down by that time?
azumma
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 26, 2012 2:50 pm      Reply with quote
OMG my situation is similar. But the areas are around my eyes and month. So dry and I peeled the skin by rubbing with fingers.BTW, I have been using obagi nuder regime over 4 years now. I was really happy with the reult until this summer. Now I got so sensitive to the Nuderm product and I am so itchy the areas of eyes and mouth.
notsobad wrote:
My chin area and around my mouth feel crusty. I have been using this product since July and it only started working in mid September. normal? My daughter told me that my face looks like I went to the beach, got a sunburn and got my face wet and smeared sand around my mouth and it dried there. Is this normal? Sad
nannap

Mon Dec 24, 2012 5:18 am      Reply with quote
Hi guys, I am on week 4 of obagi nu derm with 0.05 tretinoin. I have to say that I am having a real down day today as I was expecting to see just a glimmer of improvement but nothing at all. I have a red face constanly that resembles a pretty bad sunburn, my chin is peeling, my eyes look like i am a very old lady (before i had no lines) every time i smile its disgusting! i am breaking out with many white little spots and in general spots are coming up. my blackheads are far from improving, pores are still very open and noticable and i feel pretty awful for putting up wth such a red peely face for 4 weeks with not even a glimmer of improvement. I know tretinoin makes face worse first but after 4 weeks nothing but side effcts seems a bit demotivating considering people seem to see improvements within 2 weeks with a wow effect. Do i give up? i keep reading in forums that people had this wow effect after 2 weeks or so and i am starting to think I am one of the unlucky ones... this is really not worth the red face, peeling and the huge expense...Is this really worth it?
nannap

Wed Jan 02, 2013 3:44 am      Reply with quote
i am on week 6 now of the aggressive Nu derm, the face is still super red, super flakey and make up (even mineral) is not working too well as am so dry. I have seem absolutely no improvements as yet but skin is looking very bad-pores v big, spots coming up, blackheads very noticible, red and peely. I know skin is supposed to get worse before better but I feel I need some encouragement here as I feel pretty low about it. Can any users please tell me how long it took you to see results? what was the improvement in pores, spots, wrinkles, blackheads, undereye better(am not using products under eyes but they are so dry as i think the products still get to the eye skin)? Any info is greatly appreciated as I feel like I want a spotty red lollipop at the moment!
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 9:17 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |