Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 29, 2013 1:04 pm      Reply with quote
Wow! Good news zorilla! I remember when you got those uglies and I'm glad to hear they didn't stick around. Like you, I've targeted a few of my wrinkles and scars recently(took a long bread away from the needles) and I've seen a few of them filling in too.

It takes diligence and patience with these CPs. But they do seem to do a good job in the end.

I just have to keep at it but my hatred of those needles is keeping me away from my goal! Rolling Eyes

Sat Nov 02, 2013 9:20 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the details, zorilla! That's amazing that you've both seen some filling in of lines/wrinkles. I like your idea of targeting small areas, i.e. a line or scar, rather than the whole face.
zorilla
5% products discount

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Havana8, the idea started a few years ago when a makeup artist friend suggested I scratch the skin above a broken capillary with a needle - she said the collagen would fill in above it and it did - it completely disappeared. I wonder if this is common knowledge? I have been thinking about doing my lines ever since then, and am a fastidious by nature, so little by little works for me. And I work with needles for a living, so... now I'm doing it to my face. Rolling Eyes

Foxe, I do wonder if some people's skin responds to this better than others? My skin has always healed from wounds pretty well and it sounds a lot like your skin - oily with very few fine lines. Maybe we have a skin type that responds to needling/Copper Peptides better than others?
zorilla
5% products discount

Sat Nov 02, 2013 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry: 'I am fastidious by nature' Wink
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 02, 2013 8:12 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla wrote:
Havana8, the idea started a few years ago when a makeup artist friend suggested I scratch the skin above a broken capillary with a needle - she said the collagen would fill in above it and it did - it completely disappeared. I wonder if this is common knowledge? I have been thinking about doing my lines ever since then, and am a fastidious by nature, so little by little works for me. And I work with needles for a living, so... now I'm doing it to my face. Rolling Eyes

I am wondering if you made the scratch to eliminate the capillary and if that went away. I have needled twice, but I saw no improvement on my broken caps--I'd like to though.
zorilla
5% products discount

Sun Nov 03, 2013 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi Flipper!
Yes, this was a few years ago - I was told to take a sewing needle and scratch the surface above it until it bled and then the collagen would create a layer above it. I only had one very bright broken cap, and it went away after that and I no longer have to use concealer over that area.
I'm not that knowledgeable about broken capillaries - this was bright red, and a single one - about 2mm long, and it was more hidden after the scratching wound healed.
flipper
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 03, 2013 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Zorilla, I might try and needle those squiggly buggers on the corner of my nose.
tomisonbottom
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 10, 2013 11:12 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla wrote:
Havana, I had some tattoo needles I purchased from Owndoc a few years ago with the intention of needling that line and the small parentheses around my mouth. They just sat there for several years as I didn't have the nerve to do it until recently.

I've done a few .05 rolls recently and then decided to go for it with the single needles. I needled it a few times with the .05 roller, applying GHK afterwards, and then only once with the single needle, but I did a pretty thorough job, all up the line and at the sides. I applied Supercop twice after needling, but then went to GHK cream, which I feel much safer with, as I has some problems with uglies previously with Supercop.

It did cause bleeding and bruising, but it was a small area, so it just looked like I was tired when I went to work a few days later.

So yeah, it's basically gone. The area around it is very slightly crosshatched from sun damage, and it's blended into it. The shallow acne scars are not visible any more. I could see shadows before and it really bothered me, but there are no shadows now.

So, I'm obviously going to keep doing this.

Hi Zorilla,
Thanks for this post. That's VERY exciting that you got such improvement on your wrinkle and acne scarring after only 1 treatment.
Can I ask what kind of acne scarring you had?

I have ice pick and boxscar scarring, did you have any of those kind?
Thanks!
zorilla
5% products discount

Mon Nov 11, 2013 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Tom,

That's a good question! I had/have both minor icepick and boxcar scars, but they seemed to be a result of buried damage that's come up from CP use. I don't remember seeing these scars before. So I would say that the boxcar scars were shallow scars, they looked like a 'shadow' of a scar if that makes any sense.

So it's those shallow scars that I've had success with. I have also eliminated that wrinkle (I call it a static wrinkle as it didn't move when I smiled).

I've been a bit less successful with the 3 icepick scars I have, they look shallower now, but they are not eliminated yet and I will try again.

I hope that helps!
Nick1988

Wed Nov 13, 2013 9:04 am      Reply with quote
I'm also a happy CP user, but as I was about to make another order at the Skin Biology website, I suddenly saw that the entire section about Scar Reduction in the forums was gone.

Have any of you guys noticed this?
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Nov 25, 2013 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Nick1988 wrote:
I'm also a happy CP user, but as I was about to make another order at the Skin Biology website, I suddenly saw that the entire section about Scar Reduction in the forums was gone.

Have any of you guys noticed this?

That's being very observant of you Nick. I see it's gone from both the forum and their ordering website. Haven't checked the site for the studies, but I'd assume it's not there either. I'm sure the recent FDA crackdown on claims has something to do with it.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Dec 06, 2013 3:00 pm      Reply with quote
Does anyone have any thoughts on using copper peptides straight after having surgery to improve the wound healing process?
taligator
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 24, 2013 2:54 pm      Reply with quote
OK, I thought it was time for an update. I'm horrible about taking photos and uploading them. I am also horrible about consistency with my skincare. I go gung-ho for awhile and then taper off.

I do use the CP serum on my face after every shower (usually EOD) and I use the Lac10 at night a few times a week as well.

I've specifically targeted an area on my chest too, that has been badly sunburned TWICE in the past 3 years. I have to say, that area is looking amazing! My skin is evening out and fading bad to normal looking.

My hyperpigmented forehead is also looking amazing. I'm really really really thrilled with how good my skin is looking with 3 months of sporadic usage.

I feel like every skin issue I've complained about has had dramatic improvements and I'm so excited because I look younger. I'm not exactly old to start with but the forehead stripe made it worse.

Anyway, I love the products and continue to be happy. I just have to stop myself from buying more things because I know I won't use them consistently. Smile
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm      Reply with quote
taligator wrote:
OK, I thought it was time for an update. I'm horrible about taking photos and uploading them. I am also horrible about consistency with my skincare. I go gung-ho for awhile and then taper off.

I do use the CP serum on my face after every shower (usually EOD) and I use the Lac10 at night a few times a week as well.

I've specifically targeted an area on my chest too, that has been badly sunburned TWICE in the past 3 years. I have to say, that area is looking amazing! My skin is evening out and fading bad to normal looking.

My hyperpigmented forehead is also looking amazing. I'm really really really thrilled with how good my skin is looking with 3 months of sporadic usage.

I feel like every skin issue I've complained about has had dramatic improvements and I'm so excited because I look younger. I'm not exactly old to start with but the forehead stripe made it worse.

Anyway, I love the products and continue to be happy. I just have to stop myself from buying more things because I know I won't use them consistently. Smile

this is good news! Thanks for sharing.

I had cut back my use of CPs to just a few times per week over the last few months, but recently needed to pick up a daily application of them again as I had some new damage show up and - WOW - some wrinkles completely disappeared!

I went on a vacation about 3 weeks ago and stupidly decided to not apply my usual (SPF 50) sunscreen to a really sensitive area on my face. Of course, after I got home, I started to see some peeling of the sunburn that must've showed up on that one day of not using my SS. (Used a SPF 15 though - go figure! Rolling Eyes ) This is when I started to go gung-ho on applying the CPs and after using them, along with an exfoliator, for a few weeks, the deep wrinkles that looked like smoker's lines (under my mouth) disappeared! They had been there before my holiday in the sun, too, which has me really happy on the change I saw.

I just wished I could do some damage to the lines ABOVE my mouth so that the CPs could do their work there as well as they did on the lines below my mouth Sad If only I didn't hate using rollers so much. Wink

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
zorilla - are you still having good results and which product are you using?
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 28, 2014 3:49 am      Reply with quote
I have been using Superghk serum and cream on and off for about 4/6 years and I really think they plus derma- rolling and facial exercises have slowed my face ageing. I am 47 now and have very few lines if any. I have more sag than lines ( NL folds and some evidence of folds from mouth to chin,- being helped by FE though)

I have dry skin, but even with my inconsistent use
I think I have if not stopped the ageing look definitely slowed it down.

I do think with me its a combo of things, really good basic skin care starting with Fawnie Skincare products ( Vit c serum,Kin nag serum ) , a good supplement regime , Cps and facial exercises.

I still havnt worked my way up through the CPS as the Super GHK seems to be doing a brilliant job, I have got , skin signals and I did order the new VIP cream but still have some ordinary ghk serum left.
And I do have a sneaky feeling of if its working you don't need to change it!!!

I also want to add that my Mums hands with the use of the Bio Heal cream have completely healed!!!

Sorry for the interminable post

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

Mon Jun 30, 2014 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone Smile

I was hoping I could get some advice. I used NCN copper peptide with egf for maybe a month about a year ago. Unfortunately it caused damage to my eyelids, I used to uave great lid space and now they're sagging down to my lash line. Its so bad im finally considering an upper bleph. Its been at least 10 months (I'd have to go in my emails to know exact durations of everything) and its not improving. After all this time I'm truly worried my lids are permanently damaged.

I spoke with Nanci and she told me it was because copper peptides should not be used before age 28, I was 26 at the time (and im 27 now).
I believe that this happened because of this serum because it was such a drastic change so quickly. I do think it may have happened due to my over use of the product, I never diluted it, but I did use it very sparingly.

Im considering using one of skin biologys mild CP's in the hopes it may tighten my lids back to what they were before, but I'm also concerned about causing more damage.

Any advice is greatly appreciated
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 05, 2014 7:26 am      Reply with quote
On top of whatever you do topically, I think it will helpful if you massage the area and do eye exercises. That should help lift the area. HTH Smile

5% products discount

Fri Jul 11, 2014 3:44 am      Reply with quote
I've been using NCN's copper peptide with EGF for about three weeks. While the instructions say it's safe for the eyelids, it either didn't agree with me or I used too much. I woke up one morning with a swollen eyelid. When the swelling went down in about a day, it looked fine. I haven't applied it to my eyelids since. I'd really benefit from some lifting of the eyelids without needles.

BTW, I'm 62, so I didn't start too young. Laughing
ariesxtreme
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 05, 2014 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Wow,

Have I been away for too long. Just started back up the CP's after I used it probably in my mid to late 20's for a bit. Now I've been back on it for about 2 weeks and my skin is definitely going through some purging or uglies phase.

I noticed something recently and not sure if it's always been there or not, but around my mouth there's some dimpling when I smile, they're not facial lines, they're outside of that. Now I'm afraid of what I've ready recently of those who did not take well to CP's and how it actually causes permanent damage. Does anyone know of these and what damages they cause besides what I just read about Chicki wrote, btw, how do you know it was the CP's that caused the damage? Not arguing, I'm just trying to figure out whether to stay away now as I'm reading all these horror stories.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2014 1:33 am      Reply with quote
Hello Everyone,

I just finished reading this thread, actually I read the first 48 pages in 2012 and at that point decided to go with the tretinoids instead of the CPs.

But I had to stop the tretinoid because of the risks associated with them during pregnancy. And ordered CP Serum and LacSal, as well as Emu Oil, Squalane, and a sample of Super Cop 2X.

I started using the LacSal right away, but decided to wait on the CP Serum until finishing the thread, just in case I miss something. The LacSal is amazing for my skin! I haven't used any acids before, so have nothing to compare to, but this product alone has purified my pores and improved texture significantly within a week.

Then after a week of LacSal, I used CP Serum for about a week, and now my skin is worse than before :/ When I smile there is extra skin on the sides of my cheeks and just below the temples... Of course I stopped the CPs, for about five days now, but there is no improvement.

What is best to remedy this problem quicker, Emu Oil or Squalene? I also have a few others: Argan, Rosehip, Baobab, etc. And I have the Quasar MD which I haven't been using, perhaps it would help, or should I avoid it.

Also, is it best to not use LacSal at this point as well, even though it worked great on its own?

Thank you!
Sorry this turned out so long, I'm just frustrated that even being careful and knowing the risks, I have made my face look so bad.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 5:53 am      Reply with quote
CarolineP
I've had similiar problems myself when I used the CPs in the beginning and the skin never stayed that way.

It sounds like you introduced the CP serum too fast. It is really strong stuff. It will cause looseness to your skin with too much use (and being new to CPs, going full strength in the beginning translates into too much use).

Did you follow my instructions from the beginning of this thread about diluting the CP serum? That will help alot.

In the meantime, let your skin rest for a while. The oils you mentioned provide nice moisture, but to tighten up the looseness you're describing, Skin Biology sells a Two Timing Tightener that helps in this case. They also have a new one you might want to consider. I used the TTT on the occasions when things went overboard, but I haven't used it in a long time.

Use the TTT for a few weeks and after that, make sure to introduce the CP Serum slowly by diluting it.

It's probably OK to continue using the LacSal, but it might be better to just let your skin rest from all the new products you've introduced to it. And remember to always introduce new products one at a time so you can watch for reactions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 30, 2014 6:01 am      Reply with quote
ariesxtreme wrote:
Wow,

Have I been away for too long. Just started back up the CP's after I used it probably in my mid to late 20's for a bit. Now I've been back on it for about 2 weeks and my skin is definitely going through some purging or uglies phase.

I noticed something recently and not sure if it's always been there or not, but around my mouth there's some dimpling when I smile, they're not facial lines, they're outside of that. Now I'm afraid of what I've ready recently of those who did not take well to CP's and how it actually causes permanent damage. Does anyone know of these and what damages they cause besides what I just read about Chicki wrote, btw, how do you know it was the CP's that caused the damage? Not arguing, I'm just trying to figure out whether to stay away now as I'm reading all these horror stories.

ariesxtreme, CPs don't cause permanent 'damage'. I would agree some *might* see temporary damage instead, but that their skin eventually returns to its previous state. It might take some longer than others and they may never come back to comment on it in the thread they mentioned the damage in originally. I have found comments in other threads, though, that say their skin did eventually return to normal.

Speaking of aging - you started using CPs in your 20's?? Why?? That seems very young to start.

5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you for your reply, Foxe.

Yes, absolutely, I used the serum diluted with water, because that is what's recommended. But I guess it was still too much for my skin :/

Also, I thought testing LacSal on it's own for a week, before introducing CPs was safe as far as introducing one product at a time.

Could you please explain the action of the TTT product, does it work my masking the problem?
Meaning, is it like en egg yolk, where it creates a film on the surface of the skin and hides the looseness only temporarily when you have it on? Or does it actually assist in permanent shrinking of the looseness developed through overuse of CPs?
CarolineP
5% products discount

Thu Oct 30, 2014 11:59 am      Reply with quote
Skin Biology website says about the TTT "As it dries, it tightens over the skin."

So if I understand it correctly, the TTT can only help hide the looseness temporarily, while it's on the skin, yes?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 3:44 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |