Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 9:45 am      Reply with quote
thanks foxe...

I use CP's at night. I am loving the results, but I dont fine them particularly 'cosmetically nice' if you know what I mean!!

my main concern is sag, so firming is my main objective. Also some slight pigmentation marks, but no scars or tags and very little wrinkles. I am actually getting quite used to the smell and don't mind it at all now, found it very hard to stomach at the beginning.

so, should I stick with the Tri, I thought it would be better to keep progressing? Would using the Skin Signals cream be going backwards in strenght then? Should I try super serum? I am going to give the oils another try. The seem to be the best mix with CP's. I also really want to try the Folligen for Blondes as I am trying to grow my hair longer!! I am noticing some fall too, which I never had before, although my hair is pretty good!! I also either want to try TT or the CP accelerator from NCN.

thank you so much for all the advice on this thread..I think CP's have been one of the biggest things I have learned from this forum.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 11, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
bermie - if you're getting used to the smell if tri-red, then stick w/ that for now. it's similiar in strenght to the super cp serum, except it's a cream.

the skin signals cream is a different product all together and can be thought of as a good beginner or a maintenance product. it's got the added collegen and elastin (nice for firming) as well as GHK and 2nd gen CPs. Not as strong in the CP area, but then it has two of them and the added C & E. being a cream - it is pretty moisturizing (at least for me, it was)

CP accellerator from NCN is very good to top over your CPs and it is very moisturizing. I can't use it with myoily skin, though.

The Two Timing Tightener is also very nice.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 14, 2011 6:23 am      Reply with quote
2 new questions if anyone would be so kind.. Smile

1. Would there be any interaction between CP's and self tanners? I want to start using self tanner but I also use Protect and Restore Body cream daily and of course CP's on my face..

2. Should the effects from the TTT be immediate or do they take a few days or weeks to show? and also can it be applied over anything,I'm using it morning and night, hopefully that's ok!?

Thanks!

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
Hi every one I am a new user of CPs only two weeks in I have gone with what the consultant recommended AM skin signals morning with TT over the top PM Lacsal

The problem is my skin looks dirty I have lots of blackheads (never had them before) and it feels dry not dewy like normal.

I normally use prevage and haven't really got bad skin just some age spots and some fine lines no scarring or anything.I normally get lots of compliments on my skin and have always looked after it sunblock etc. can you suggest any thing, should I put a moisturizer over the top what am I doing wrong.
Thank you
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 7:37 am      Reply with quote
Hi Woody,
Are you using Skin Signals Cream or Serum?

I am using the Skin Signals Cream. When I first started a noticed a few blackheads in strange places where I normally do not get them. This only happened the first couple of weeks.

I also use Lac Sal almost every night - but sometimes alternate with a micro fiber cloth.

My skin is dry and I need an additional moisturizer over the skin signals cream as well.

I hope that helps, and welcome to EDS
Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 8:04 am      Reply with quote
Maybe some manual exfoliation will help like erg says. After cleansing in the morning use a microfiber cloth I have a bamboo hand mitt) that I use.

Woody - I like oils to moisturize. I don't care for emu or squalane so much. You might want to research some of the lovely oils for skin. I have oily skin and oil still works for me; no clogs! There are many varieties depending upon your skin needs.

You might like a rose hip seed oil or an oil blend.

MountainRose Herbs.com has a wonderful selection. Also Shea Terra Organics (and they often have 30% off). Garden of Wisdom is another.
You can read about oils on the sites.
My favorite oil right now (and my EDS friend with dry skin uses it too) is Potenshaa oil. I love the smell. It is a fab blend and my skin drinks it right up.
Maybe your skin is just purging right now and will level off soon.
Let us know how it goes and good luck.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 9:51 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Hi Autumn - it funny that you like the Sebum Be Gone. That one doesn't do much for my hyper-oily skin. Oh well

I do have some information that might help you decide where to start:

Strength of CPs: (from weakest to strongest)

Super GHK-Copper Cream & Serum -Very, Very Mild ; Ideal for very sensitive skin. Can be used all over the face as well as around the eye area:
Night Eyes Premier Very Mild: Ideal for skin around the eyes alone, a cream
CP Night Eyes- Mild: Next step up to use around the eyes after Night Eyes Premier, a cream
Body Lotion Mild; cream; no added fragrance (not a great smell either)
Day Cover Mild: Facial Sun’screen’ with a small amt of TiO2 and loaded with antioxidants
CP Serum Moderate, good on oily skin; serum based (thin)
Protect & Restore #2 – Classic Moderate, good on oily skin, a cream
Protect & Restore #3 – with Retinol Moderate, good on dry skin; a cream
Trireduction with Retinol Strong, good on drier skin; a cream
P&R for Breasts, Nipples, and Décolletage; Strong, good on sensitive skin; also works well on the neck area; a cream
BioHeal Strong, meant for very sensitive or irritated skin: contains camphor and menthol as soothing agents;a cream
- Skin Signals Strong, good on acne prone skin; newest CP that has added peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen. Very thin (no thickening agents)- thinner than CP and Super CP serums.
Super CP Serum – strong ; water based serum; takes a while for skin to adjust (work up to it with weaker CPs)
Super Cop Cream Very Strong; cream based. Definitely need to work up to using this one. Spot treat best use, but some skin can handle it all over.
Super Cop Cream 2X- Extra Strength Very, Very Strong: Best used for spot treating scars only

isn't there an even weaker one called GHK? Or has it changed since the time of this post?

*sorry if it's been asked and answered already... haven't had time to read through the whole topic*
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
Hi there I am using the Green liquid one its called skin signals solution, I normally have slightly dryer skin but very clear just some lines around eyes. I am 47 by the way. I can't bear the thought of oil on my face as I always wear make up will it not just slide right off.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc,
Super GHK-Copper Cream/Serum is the weakest.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
woody, If you have dry skin then you will most likely need some type of moisturizer.

Like Sister Sweets, I use oils as well. If you just apply a few drops it sinks in pretty quick. However, I do prefer to use oils at night. I use a moisturizer during the day. I like Garden of Wisdom's Lift Up Cream or Fruity Meow Lotion. Both are moisturizing, but leave my skin matte ready for makeup.

Do give oils a try - even just at night. You will be hooked. I slather avocado oil on... I can just feel my skin drinking it in!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Thanks erg

I'm reading the ingredients list for SuperGHK and it lists salicylic acid as one of them. I thought we're not supposed to use them with hydroxy acids yet this is part of the ingredients list?

And is skin biology still the brand of choice for CPs?
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 9:59 am      Reply with quote
Thanks erg

I'm reading the ingredients list for SuperGHK and it lists salicylic acid as one of them. I thought we're not supposed to use them with hydroxy acids yet this is part of the ingredients list?

woodywoodside
5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2011 10:02 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
woody, If you have dry skin then you will most likely need some type of moisturizer.

Like Sister Sweets, I use oils as well. If you just apply a few drops it sinks in pretty quick. However, I do prefer to use oils at night. I use a moisturizer during the day. I like Garden of Wisdom's Lift Up Cream or Fruity Meow Lotion. Both are moisturizing, but leave my skin matte ready for makeup.

Do give oils a try - even just at night. You will be hooked. I slather avocado oil on... I can just feel my skin drinking it in!

Ok I will give it a try avocado oil any particular type or brand.
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 10:43 am      Reply with quote
Would olive oil be a good option as a "carrier?"
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 10:52 am      Reply with quote
Hey Woody and Oasis,

For me, I think I will only use Skin Biology products since they are the pioneers/experts.

Not sure about the salicylic in GHK. Maybe since that is a BHA it is fine? Not sure... but I know that it would not be in there if it negatively impacted the CPs.

As far as oils, I did not like olive oil - but that is just me. It really seems like some oils really work well for some, but not others. Before I fell in love with avocado oil, I tried jojoba, red red raspberry, olive, emu... did not like any of these. I would buy a small qty to test out to see what works best for you.

Hope that helps!

5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Hey Woody and Oasis,

For me, I think I will only use Skin Biology products since they are the pioneers/experts.

Not sure about the salicylic in GHK. Maybe since that is a BHA it is fine? Not sure... but I know that it would not be in there if it negatively impacted the CPs.

As far as oils, I did not like olive oil - but that is just me. It really seems like some oils really work well for some, but not others. Before I fell in love with avocado oil, I tried jojoba, red red raspberry, olive, emu... did not like any of these. I would buy a small qty to test out to see what works best for you.

Hope that helps!
Its a great help thank you, I love prevage but just can't afford it anymore so really need a cheaper option.
woodywoodside
5% products discount

Thu May 19, 2011 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Just a quick thought how long do I wait after applying my Lacsal before applying oil and how long after applying my TT before moisturiser.
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:05 am      Reply with quote
I would give it about a 20 minute wait after Lac Sal. I don't use TT but I can imagine that you would need to wait more than 5 minutes or so.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 11:59 am      Reply with quote
I used baobob oil or marula oil for the longest time before getting into Potenshaa. No oily feel and I have oily skin. I use twice per day and no problem with makeup sliding off.

I'd try to wait a half hour after the lacsal but agree with erg about the TTT. I do have it and give it about 5 minute in between.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 19, 2011 3:28 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Thanks erg

The salicylic acid in some of the copper peptide formulas are only for extra penetration, not for exfoliation purposes. The pH is too high in the formulas for the SA to work like an exfoliator. But, it does help the CPs penetrate the skin better, so SB puts it into a few of the creams or solutions. I think the Super GHK, Super CP and Super Cop ones have it in them. There might be others, not sure.

Skin Bio is the brand of choice for the 2nd generation CPs (actually, the only choice). Skin Bio holds a tight patent on the 2nd gen CPs, so no one else can offer a similiar product. There are some resellers of CPs, like EDS, NCN Skincare and Diana Yvonne.

The GHK's patent (1st gen CP) has expired, so you might find that ingredient in some other brands. Skin Bio's GHK is very nice, but you can check out Osmotics, or Neova for an alternative. GHK is also found in Iamin® , Tricomin® products, but I believe they are used mostly for wound healing and are found in hospital settings.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 8:42 am      Reply with quote
Is it actually necessary to use both Retin-A and CPs to fight wrinkles?
Bermie2
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 10:54 am      Reply with quote
I have yet another question!!

I just received my derma roller today. I have heard it is good to use in conjunction with CP's. I am only rolling for product penetration. Do any of you use a derma roller with your CP's.

I am using Tri at the moment on face, neck and decollatage and night eyes premier.

I am finding it hard with the oils, I really dont like the feel of them. Any other suggestions for a cream to use after the CP"s. I am using Paula's Choice Hydrating Cream at the moment.

any suggestions regarding the derma roller with CP"s would be greatly appreciated. Smile
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 10:59 am      Reply with quote
I've rolled CP's in for a long time. I use a .25, or .05 or 1.0 - depending upon what I am going after. The .05 is my favorite all-purpose size.

I use a clean face, neck, hands and soak the roller in alcohol for a brief period. I rinse the roller well with warm water and shake off.

I apply the CP's to my face and start the rolling process. I usually add a little more CP after since the pores are open. I have rolled in Super cop on NL lines. I also roll neck and back of hands - same thing.
I do the face first, then neck. Hands last.

About 5 minutes after the whole rolling process I apply some oils - Every Lipid Serum for a long time combined with others like baobob or marula. The right oils really feed the skin.

I am oily and much prefer the "right" oil as it soaks right in and provides hydration without greasy film.

The ELS is an orange color so if I use that I don't go anywhere for a while but it is a wonderful nourishing product.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 11:04 am      Reply with quote
I can't help with suggesting a cream moisturizer after. You do want something that will feed the skin (Omega fatty acids, vitamin E... ) I hope someone else can provide a good suggestion that works.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 20, 2011 7:38 pm      Reply with quote
I use Skin Signals serum in the AM and wait ten minutes and apply SkinBiology's squalane. Their stuff lasts for months so it's good value for money. I don't use CPs on my nose, which is oily, because my nose doesn't have wrinkles or sagging skin. Why waste product? I do use LacSal at night all over my face, including eyelids (but 1/4" away from eye opening), neck and back of hands.

My tip for applying any product and getting the most out of it is to apply to back of hands and then spread it over your neck and upper chest that way. I do it with sunscreen, too. That way I don't have to wash my fingers afterward either.
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 8:03 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |