Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:03 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
What kind of skin damage could result? I'm using the TTT on my neck and chest at the moment. Thanks!

A few things for you to read, Kims.

http://www.smartskincare.com/ingredients/dmae_safety.html

http://www.middle-ageless.com/2011/03/dmae-does-it-or-doesnt-it-improve-skin.html
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:15 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone ever 'talked' to anyone that has had damage that might have come from DMAE usage? I know a lot of people use it on SkinBiology and I've never read a complaint (mostly they like it) - although a negative report could be there and I missed it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:24 pm      Reply with quote
Sister,
I researched DMAE in great detail when trying to decide if I should buy CP accelerator (With DMAE as an ingredient). All I found were studies. No neg. feedback from 'real' people.

I even emailed Hannah at Skin Actives who calls DMAE the "class reunion" serum to be used for special occasions only. I asked her why, she said she just did not understand the mechanism on how DMAE would not recommend it long term.

Did end up buying the CP acel., but there was something in there my skin just did not like.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:57 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
Does anyone know which form of DMAE is used in the TTT? I know I asked Nanci about the form in the CP Accelerator and it was not the "bad" form, but I honestly can't remember which is which at the moment!

I had read somewhere on the SkinBio forum the TTT is the amine form with a pH that isn't harsh on the skin.

I believe the TTT is using the 'pure amine form of DMAE' and SB feels this is a safer form.

when asked about the differences between pure DMAE and DMAE Bitartrate formulations, in term of efficacy and safety, he cited the following study that gave a conclusion that the pure DMAE increased skin firmness:
http://healthyskin.infopop.cc/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/8890018252/m/124100104?r=124100104#124100104

Of course, this only refers to the efficacy of DMAE.

On another occasions (with regards to safety) he has responded that the study many people refer to that claimed damage to skin from DMAE used a (somewhat) flawed method of study (some comments re: cultured cells)- and that lowering the pH of the DMAE would increase it safety. Most amine forms of DMAE are in the 10.5 range. The pH of the TTT is 6.0.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 3:58 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Sister,
I researched DMAE in great detail when trying to decide if I should buy CP accelerator (With DMAE as an ingredient). All I found were studies. No neg. feedback from 'real' people.

I even emailed Hannah at Skin Actives who calls DMAE the "class reunion" serum to be used for special occasions only. I asked her why, she said she just did not understand the mechanism on how DMAE would not recommend it long term.

Did end up buying the CP acel., but there was something in there my skin just did not like.

I can't find negative reports from real people, either, just studies. However, I think the issue is down the road with long term use of the product, not just an occasional use. At least that is my understanding. Like Hannah from Skin Actives said, they don't understand how it works, so it "could" be damaging in the long run. Of course, we could say this about any number of ingredients!
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
I read all the reports on DMAE long before I ever tried it. I tried other DMAE products before using SB's, too.

Because of the reports, I will tend to use the TTT on an occasional basis. I've used it most often on my eyes. I've never had anything negative happen there with the frequency I do use it there. SB's TTT is the nicest DMAE product I've used.

If you are concerned about the study on DMAE, but still want to use an extra 'boost' to firming, use the TTT on special occasions like I do.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 5:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Foxe. I still plan on using it. I actually noticed a tightening of my lids when I applied it after the SS serum but before the oil per Keliu. Unfortunately that tightening didn't last 5 minutes even, but, I am hoping with more time I can at least get a day of temporary tightening out of it.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 5:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, everyone! I have been using the TTT everyday on my chest and neck hoping for cumulative results. Maybe I should back off on that.

Just really hoping to fix the crinkly neck! Confused

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 31, 2011 6:44 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Bermie,
Tightening was my main goal too. I am really shocked at how well CPs have worked (using since Dec) The other day, I was in my car driving just touching my skin... and I realized I could no longer "pinch" any loose skin on my neck or cheeks. It was a wow moment.

BTW, I use SS cream and CP serum.

Now... has anyone had success with getting rid of neck or forehead lines??
Question Question Question

That is a WOW! moment Dancing

I have seen fewer lines on my neck BTW - those darn horizontal ones. I had taken some pics while those were disappearing. I needed that for proof for myself. And one of them definitely went away and another softened quite a bit. The 3rd is still there ::sigh::

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 4:45 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Bermie,
Tightening was my main goal too. I am really shocked at how well CPs have worked (using since Dec) The other day, I was in my car driving just touching my skin... and I realized I could no longer "pinch" any loose skin on my neck or cheeks. It was a wow moment.

BTW, I use SS cream and CP serum.

Now... has anyone had success with getting rid of neck or forehead lines??
Question Question Question

thanks for the suggestions, I am definitely going to get the ss cream next.

you say you use cp serum and ss cream? how do you do this? do you use both together?

I have been using Tri on my neck, lines are alittle faded but nothing spectacular!

I find Botox wonderful for forehead!!
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 5:38 am      Reply with quote
Bermie,
I was thinking about spot treating with Tri or SuperCop (for the forehead lines, neck rings).

I use CPs M-F only. One week I use SS cream and the next week CP serum. Then so on...

I read somewhere on the skin bio forum, that using both generations of CPs will help and make sure that the skin doesn't get too used to one thing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 01, 2011 9:54 am      Reply with quote
erg,
that sounds like a pretty good idea. I may just get the SS serum and the ss cream, and alternate.

I am using the Tri, just a really light layer though all over my face and neck. I think I might order the BND cream as well and try that on the neck.
I do find my skin getting alittle dry though, and I am not keen on oils. I obviously need some hydration after the CP's!

I feel another big order coming up!
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 8:21 am      Reply with quote
I got a good deal on a laser facial.

I've been looking at CPs for a long while, so this is my question.

I'm thinking the laser will be a great time to start with CPs. Should I start before, and use the laser to remove the damage that surfaces or start after the peal to assist with healing afterwards?

I was thinking of using the Bio-heal, but it seems to be awfully high on the CP potency list. However, it might be a good one for me because I am prone to eczema.

I also want to start Night eyes Premier because the skin around my eyes is very damaged from years of eczema and a childhood of cortisone creams.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 2:28 pm      Reply with quote
pustekuchen- Bioheal is usually not recommended for the facial area. If that is where you were planning on using the laser, you might want to consider a different CP.

A really good one to use (esp if you havn't used any before) is the regular CP Serum. It can be diluted and is strong enough for scar treatment. With a wound caused by the laser, it can be diluted (50:50) in the beginning and increased in strength as your skin gets use to it.

If you're using the laser near the eyes, then you should use something like the Night Eyes - it's pretty gentle and specifically designed for that area. Even the GHK Cream would be nice in the eye area.

I don't think it matter when to start the CPs. An advantage to starting before the laser would be to acclimate your skin to the CPs first. But, you could still start them after if you wanted to.

Read more about treatment with CPs for 'post-procedure' skin here: http://www.reverseskinaging.com/postprocedure.html

(click the different tabs to read up on this)

Fri Jun 03, 2011 12:43 am      Reply with quote
I used copper peptides for awhile on my stretch marks. I really didn't like how it smelled sort of like toilet water. Maybe I should start back on it.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 03, 2011 9:04 am      Reply with quote
foxe:

Thanks for the input!
My plan was to to get the Night Eyes Premier and another for the rest of my face.

Thanks for the info on the Bioheal, I'm not sure how I missed that, and for the link.

I'm a little nervous and also pretty excited. I don't have a date yet. *cross fingers*

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 4:52 am      Reply with quote
janeagrasser wrote:
I used copper peptides for awhile on my stretch marks. I really didn't like how it smelled sort of like toilet water. Maybe I should start back on it.

The natural smell of the CPs is not a good one. And Skin Biology doesn't like to add alot of unneccesary ingredients if they can get away with it. They seem to want to keep their products as simple as possible with the ingredients they use giving the skin the best combination for rejuvenation. At least that's what I've gathered from comments made by Dr P on his forum over the years.

Personally, I'd like to see a few of the products get some better scents to them! A few are absolutely horrendous (the suntanning one comes to mind here Rolling Eyes ) I have taken adding a few drops of essential oils to the suntanning lotion to help cover up that scent. Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Has anyone gotten a sample of the new hand cream yet? I just got mine and can say that this will be a winner.

It has the tin peptide in it and is similiar in texture and color to the nail peptide. This one actually has a decent scent to it compared to the regular CP creams (the serums don't seem to have an off-scent at all). The pumpkin oil in it must be what gives it a decent smell.

They added a nice ingredient to this one to help w/ dry cracked hands - cholesterol/lanosterol esters. This is apparently an expensive ingredient, but a nice one! Read about it here: http://www.lotioncrafter.com/r...er_sterol_liquid.pdf

Here is the blurp on the SB site. They're offering a sample of this free for a short while, so if you're in need of placing an order soon- remember to ask for this (w/ a $50 purchase). You can still get your other free sample, too.

Quote:
Rejuvenate dry hands with the power of tin-peptides! The skin on our hands is one of the first areas where signs of rapid aging can occur. Whether you are concerned about resolving dry skin issues, or are looking to maintain beautiful fingers, you can benefit from the repair qualities that are only found in TINPEP Hand Cream. Our new cream is also designed to soothe diabetic skin issues and serves as the perfect remedy for chronic dryness.

Why it works: The outer layers of the skin are made of a protein called keratin. High level of synthetic detergents found in many soaps (or other factors such as dry skin conditions) can strip away the skin mantle and loosen protective keratin proteins. However, tin peptides increase the production of keratinocytes that form the outer skin covering resulting in a softer, smoother surface.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 16, 2011 8:59 am      Reply with quote
I just ordered more GHK cream (my new SkinBio love ) and also a sample pack that has Day Cover and a few other sample sized items.

I put in for the handcream - you have to do this from a different site than the bonus order form apparently. I found that out from the Skin Biology newsletter.

Also got samples of the nail cream (i've had this before) and a folligen cream which I plan to use on my eyebrows and lashes.

Very curious to try the handcream.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I received my Night Eyes Premier and CP Serum, So far so good, I've used it 3 days now.

I love love love that there are no fragrances, sometimes my skin reacts badly.

Also, so far so good with the eye cream, I can have some trouble with my eyes breaking out in eczema with creams but the Night eyes is awesome.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 2:34 pm      Reply with quote
pustekuchen

Are you diluting the CP Serum? That's good your skin is adjusting well.

As for the lack of fragrances to the CPs - I dont find the scent of the serums objectionable at all. It's most of the creams that are. I find that I can add an essential oil to them to help cover up the copper peptide scent and with my sensitive decolletage - the essential oil doesn't irritate it at all.

Nice to hear on the eczema. I had a bout of psorisis from stress come out and the CPs tamed that right down! (No need for a steroid cream )

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 4:54 pm      Reply with quote
My skin has been looking horrible lately, breaking out, saggy looking, dull, etc. I am also pretty sick, so it could be partly due to that, but I was noticing this look before I got sick. I decided to stop the CP's for a few days and this time I am starting back up with the Protect and Restore. I am not sure if I started with too high of a strength or if the CP's just don't agree with my skin. We'll see what the P&R does, but if this doesn't work, I will be giving up.
pustekuchen
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 17, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Nice to hear on the eczema. I had a bout of psorisis from stress come out and the CPs tamed that right down! (No need for a steroid cream )

HUH! Maybe I should look into the CP hair line. I don't have problems with hair growth but I do have Psorasis/Eczema on my scalp. It's the only place I haven't been able to get it under control.

Right now, I'm putting a thin layer of emu or jojoba on, then the CP serum. I'm not cutting the Night eyes at all. I'm using both every day.
After a week, I think I'll switch and go serum then emu.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 18, 2011 7:00 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
My skin has been looking horrible lately, breaking out, saggy looking, dull, etc. I am also pretty sick, so it could be partly due to that, but I was noticing this look before I got sick. I decided to stop the CP's for a few days and this time I am starting back up with the Protect and Restore. I am not sure if I started with too high of a strength or if the CP's just don't agree with my skin. We'll see what the P&R does, but if this doesn't work, I will be giving up.

Ok. I think I figured out what is breaking my skin out, and I believe it is the new Shea Terra "serum" I have been using for about a week now. I didn't use it last night, and did a clay mask this morning. I'll start on the P&R tomorrow.

Interesting thing I read on the Skinbiology forum. Not sure if this applies to wrinkles and other "defects" or just scars.

"3. How do copper-peptides repair scar tissue? Really it is the hydroxy acids (or other method of exfoliation) that helps to break down damaged scar tissue, although copper-peptides also stimulate faster production of metalloproteinases which remove damaged proteins from the skin. How exactly this all works is outlined at: http://reverseskinaging.com/srcps2.html"
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 20, 2011 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
rileygirl wrote:

Ok. I think I figured out what is breaking my skin out, and I believe it is the new Shea Terra "serum" I have been using for about a week now. I didn't use it last night, and did a clay mask this morning. I'll start on the P&R tomorrow.

Glad you figured out what's going on w/ your skin lately. Hope the P&R works out for you. How long have you been using them since you mentioned you *might* have started out w/ too high a strength. Which CP too, riley.

Quote:

Interesting thing I read on the Skinbiology forum. Not sure if this applies to wrinkles and other "defects" or just scars.

"3. How do copper-peptides repair scar tissue? Really it is the hydroxy acids (or other method of exfoliation) that helps to break down damaged scar tissue, although copper-peptides also stimulate faster production of metalloproteinases which remove damaged proteins from the skin. How exactly this all works is outlined at: http://reverseskinaging.com/srcps2.html"

That does sound like it mostly applies to scar treatment, but Dr. Pickart has said many times on his forum that wrinkles can be treated like scars.

Tue Apr 23, 2024 9:47 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |