Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:10 pm      Reply with quote
Has anyone used skinactives GHK?
You add it to a ready made cream.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 29, 2012 7:28 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Foxe: In regards to Derma Rolling and applying CP's, I am wondering if you have a preference to method, applying CP's then rolling or vice versa? I am curious to know what the "puncture closing" time window is after derma rolling. I know it doesn't take long for a wound to start closing/healing, but I don't know if this an immediate thing where you would think applying CP's prior would be most beneficial or if there is a few minute window after rolling to make good use of the optimal depth.

I've tried it both ways, but prefer to apply my CPs after a roll. I will wipe any ooze &/or blood off, & wait until I know the oozing is stopped before I apply the CPs. That's usually towards the end of the first hour after a roll. I do believe the channels stay open for quite a few hours after that, though, because I've felt the CPs go in when applied much later.

I do this with the longer needles, though. With the short needle, applying the CPs beforehand would work well, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Interesting to hear they stay open for longer than I thought! I've always been interested in rolling, but too chicken to needle myself. One of these days I will get enough courage to give it a go.

Another question, perhaps a stupid one but:
I just had an IPL treatment today, not a full face, but 4 different spots...3 small brown spots on my cheeks and one broken cap on my nose. Would it be ok to continue using my Skin Signals Cream or should I lay off it for a few days to give my skin time to recover from the IPL? This is my first time with IPL and I was merely going in for a consult today and ended up getting treated Laughing Depending on how the spot treating goes, I may end up getting a full face down the road.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:29 pm      Reply with quote
I would continue to use - they are healing.

Forgot to tell you, when I started SS Cream I did every other day (as you did), then worked up to M-F and taking a break on the weekends.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:

anyone... Question

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 1:58 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
erg wrote:

anyone... Question

I've never tried it. Have wondered about it, though. Dr Pickart is so keen on using his in such specific formulas, leaving out most ingredients that other companies might use. I'd like to also know how people like the Skin Actives one, especially when mixed with a base cream.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
thanks foxe for responding.
I think I might give it a shot. The 1st generation GHK serum is just out of my price range right now.

I am going to keep it very simple. Maybe just mix in with a base cream from GOW or Rainwater Botanicals that have no other "actives".

I am hoping someone here has tried... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 2:05 pm      Reply with quote
bren21 wrote:

Another question, perhaps a stupid one but:
I just had an IPL treatment today, not a full face, but 4 different spots...3 small brown spots on my cheeks and one broken cap on my nose. Would it be ok to continue using my Skin Signals Cream or should I lay off it for a few days to give my skin time to recover from the IPL? This is my first time with IPL and I was merely going in for a consult today and ended up getting treated Laughing Depending on how the spot treating goes, I may end up getting a full face down the road.

I don't know if an IPL fits in with this category, but you could treat your skin like Skin Bio recommends for "Post Procedure" skin(borrowed from SB site):

Clinical Skin Renewal Occurs in Stages

Stage 1 - Induction of Skin Damage

Method Effect on Skin Considerations:

Alpha Hydroxy Acids (7-10%) or Beta Hydroxy Acids (1-3%) Good exfoliation of skin. Mild irritation. Very safe.
Retinoid Acid (0.5%) Good remodeling of skin. Causes irritation and redness. Very safe but causes sensitivity to sunlight.
Laser Resurfacing Removes top layer of skin. Can cause burns and scars. Safe if performed by well trained dermatologist.
Chemical Peels Removes top layer of skin. Can cause burns and scars. Safe if performed by well trained dermatologist.
Dermabrasion Removes top layer of skin. Does not work well on depressed scars.

Stage 2 - Skin Healing Phase

Following damage, the skin healing progresses must proceed at a rapid pace to get good skin repair and avoid scars. To aid the skin renewal process, the stage of skin damage is often followed by the use of skin regeneration accelerators. Increasingly, the stage of skin damage is followed by the use of skin remodeling copper peptides (SRCPs).

Improved Post Procedure Skin Recovery After Chemical Peels and Cosmetic Treatments

Normal chemical peels can produce severe irritation that leads to scars and prolonged redness. Simple coverings such as petrolatum do not stop the development of redness and reduce inflammation.

Peels followed by cortisone used as an anti-inflammatory often defeat their purpose since the cortisone inhibits skin repair. So while the peels remove blemishes and dead skin, the subsequent skin rebuilding is inhibited. This can produce very thin skin. And the need for scar healing.

SRCPs have powerful anti-inflammatory actions. But unlike cortisone which inhibits skin repair, the copper peptides stimulate skin repair. Copper peptides also inhibit the action of interleukin-1, a hormone that increases skin damage after injury, and TGF-beta-1, the scar-forming protein.

http://www.reverseskinaging.com/postprocedure.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 01, 2012 3:06 pm      Reply with quote
From what I gather there, I would think CP's after IPL would be fine. My IPL was merely spot treating and not full face...and peels are definitely more "invasive" so to speak, than a spot treatment with IPL.

I clicked on the link you provided and it does give mention to laser treatments.

Female: 42...Fair/Dry...Brown Hair/Green Eyes...Using: Born Again MSM Cream...Country Divine Emu Serum...Juvederm...Botox...Retin-A .05%...Easy Eye Solutions...Started 2/9/12 with Skin Bio Skin Signals Cream and TTT, Spot treating with TriRed
mrvincent1959

Fri Mar 02, 2012 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
I have tried both versions of Copper peptides. The 2nd gen and GHK CU for several months.

They did nothing for aging skin or anything else for that matter.
ketchup
5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2012 12:08 am      Reply with quote
How long did you use them? From what I hear it takes awhile for them to take affect like retin a. You also need to use hydroxy acids.

I still have my bottle of cp's but im afraid to start using them. I fear anything i do is going to cause me to breakout and i have smooth skin again thanks to BHA and AHA as well as left over retin a. Ugh...
mrvincent1959

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:31 am      Reply with quote
I used the 2nd gen in 2009 for 8 months, and then again along with the ghk cu for 7 months last year.

I would say if things are looking good, then a I would just dump it and go with what worked. I have not seen one documented case of CPs ever really doing any skin remodeling as is advertised.

For those that it supposedly worked for, I suspect that it was the acid based products that did the work. Also, Cps used to be cheap and much stronger, so you could make one bottle last many months. That is no longer the case.

If you have nice skin then....I am jealous and I advise that you protect it with physical sunscreen. If you have aging skin, I suggest you bite the bullet and find two seperate people to help you:

1) A plastic surgeon who also does injectable fillers and botox. Plastic surgeons really understand the underlying muscles and I find they are best for injecting Botox etc.

2) A dermatogogist that specializes in laser treatmeant. A derm will take care of any moles and pre cancers / cancers etc, and there are some that have a myriad of lasers that can be used for almost any condition.

Sorry, this post went on a little long...lol.
ketchup
5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2012 10:57 am      Reply with quote
mrvincent1959 wrote:
I used the 2nd gen in 2009 for 8 months, and then again along with the ghk cu for 7 months last year.

I would say if things are looking good, then a I would just dump it and go with what worked. I have not seen one documented case of CPs ever really doing any skin remodeling as is advertised.

For those that it supposedly worked for, I suspect that it was the acid based products that did the work. Also, Cps used to be cheap and much stronger, so you could make one bottle last many months. That is no longer the case.

If you have nice skin then....I am jealous and I advise that you protect it with physical sunscreen. If you have aging skin, I suggest you bite the bullet and find two seperate people to help you:

1) A plastic surgeon who also does injectable fillers and botox. Plastic surgeons really understand the underlying muscles and I find they are best for injecting Botox etc.

2) A dermatogogist that specializes in laser treatmeant. A derm will take care of any moles and pre cancers / cancers etc, and there are some that have a myriad of lasers that can be used for almost any condition.

Sorry, this post went on a little long...lol.

I see.. I have read quite a few pages on this thread and it sounds like they work, but the acids are needed. And could be the main reason why cp's work better or work at all. I myself had a horrible breakout because i went to far with acids. I'm recovering, however, my skin isn't perfect like i want it to, though it is smooth which makes me feel like im getting somewhere compared to last year when i was just so hopeless. I'm young so i dont have aging skin just damaged skin from some acne marks and 1 indented scar. Its not to bad, but like anyone else i want it gone today! So that's why i thought, hmmm cp's might help because it seems i've been using acids for almost 7 months and the results are slooow.

Yes, sunscreen I never used it even when I was in my teens. Bad decision I know! I need to find one for this summer as I will be out more and I so want a tan! I don't believe in tanning beds so im going to get one the old fashion way. Just gotta find one that doesn't make my look like a snowman in the middle of summer or clog my pores.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 2:55 pm      Reply with quote
mrvincent1959 wrote:
I have not seen one documented case of CPs ever really doing any skin remodeling as is advertised.

There are photos shared on the Skin Biology website showing significant improvements in people's skin. And, there are tons of testimonials on this thread as well. Are you saying you don't believe my testimonials (as I would count as that 'ONE' case you mentioned)

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
mrvincent1959 wrote:
I have not seen one documented case of CPs ever really doing any skin remodeling as is advertised.

There are photos shared on the Skin Biology website showing significant improvements in people's skin. And, there are tons of testimonials on this thread as well. Are you saying you don't believe my testimonials (as I would count as that 'ONE' case you mentioned)

I hope foxe doesn't mind my (skeptical) self butting in, I have read on this and a number of forums of many having great results with CP's both 1st and 2nd gen. Granted a much smaller number had negative reactions and some nothing, this is true of all products we may choose to put on our skin. we are all individual and unique.

I am certain that our members would not waste time posting and helping others just to spread a fallacy.....foxe especially!

Sorry it did not work for you mrvincent, but skin care is as unique as we all are. Very Happy

5% products discount

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
mrvincent1959 wrote:

No I definitely believe you its just that.. I tend to get carried away and forget that these things take time and dont work for everyone.

I also thank you for your help. I'm just going to see how my skin recovers before I start these cp's as I do believe they are worth a try and will work. I just have to practice patience... and that is so flipping hard at times. I cant just expect results right away even though the hype of this product is great and mostly positive.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 03, 2012 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Dark Moon, welcome back! I hope you're doing well and your absence wasn't due to anything unfortunate going on.

I just started on cp's, and get the same kind of glow the next day that I get from tretinoin. I've been working too hard & had an event today, so I layered the two last night, and my skin looks AMAZING today! I know this doesn't prove anything, and a superficial glow is not really what its about, but maybe some people just respond to it better than others?

And yes, I agree, those who post positive opinions in the cp threads are often people who've proven to be knowledgeable and whose opinions I've come to trust.
So I'm giving 'em a shot in good faith!

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:05 am      Reply with quote
We all know what we use in our skin care routines is pretty much a crapshoot. But just because a product works for some people and not myself, I do not discredit those that have proclaimed results from its use...I merely chalk it up to "It's not for me, live and learn" and move on.

CP's have well documented results, especially here on EDS...there have been the good, bad and (no pun intended) the ugly. But those that have benefited from the use of CP's seem to outnumber the ones that it either did nothing to or caused damamge in some way. For those that it either did nothing to or did something adverse, they knew the risks and shared their experiences here without bias towards those that have had good results.

All opinions are welcome as this is how we form our own in regards to what products we use...but, to discredit each and every one those that have achieved excellent results with the use of CP's and the extensive research that is out there in regards to the subject just because they did nothing for yourself is extremely one sided and quite frankly, a slap in the face, to those that have shared their positive experiences here.

bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 4:42 am      Reply with quote
...and Lori,

My skin happens to look amazing today (and yesterday) as well! I just started using Skin Signals nightly within the last week and just started back on CE Ferulic and my skin is just glowing.
I've been seeing some improvement in firmness as well being on the CP's for the last month...it is subtle, but I definitely see less slack under my neck and the verticle vein that pops out down there is less noticeable. Not sure if I'm just wishful thinking or just crazy, perhaps it's the TTT doing the work there...but I like it regardless!

mrvincent1959

Sun Mar 04, 2012 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Sorry if I sound a little jaded, but I have been through the ringer with all this hype surrounding most of the over-the-counter miracle skin creams, lotions and potions.

Several years ago, the "nanotechnology" field was born and that name of course, found its way into the latest fad skin cream. The same with "stem cell" treatments. Even Skin Bio started using "stem cell" in some of their advertising from what I remember.

I dont have any problem whatever with what someone wants to use on their skin, but I have seen time and time again where someone posts glaring reviews for a product, then everyone gets excited about it - at least until the next so-called miracle product comes out.

Remember all the Janson Beckett posts on this website a few years ago? You dont hear much about them anymore once people saw it was no miracle product.

Ok, look, I used to be a big believer in copper peptides from skin bio, especially after reading Diane Yvonne's story and all the DebbieNIR posts a few years ago from their web site. Yeah, for those of you that remember all that, I was there to.

In the end, I finally realized that most of these non-perscription creams are either just hype and wishful thinking, or something that marginally helps.

When I suggest a plastic surgeon and a derm who specializes in laser technology for aging skin and wrinkles, I do it after realizing how little these OTC products really do. Of course, seeing a professional aint cheap and I will fully admit that it isnt for everyone, and if you cant afford it then by all means do what you can if you want on your own.

My opinion is that copper peptides might have some benefit for you skin, but if you truly have wrinkles and aging skin, you might be very disappointed in this product.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
mrvincent1959 wrote:
Sorry if I sound a little jaded, but I have been through the ringer with all this hype surrounding most of the over-the-counter miracle skin creams, lotions and potions.

In the end, I finally realized that most of these non-perscription creams are either just hype and wishful thinking, or something that marginally helps.

My opinion is that copper peptides might have some benefit for you skin, but if you truly have wrinkles and aging skin, you might be very disappointed in this product.

Hi, mrvincent. I have to say that I agree with you. Most non-Rx stuff has never done much (if anything) for me. I am not one of the fortunate ones who gets results with the latest, greatest miracle products, so I totally understand being jaded!
ketchup
5% products discount

Sun Mar 04, 2012 11:01 am      Reply with quote
mrvincent1959 wrote:
"..but I have seen time and time again where someone posts glaring reviews for a product, then everyone gets excited about it - at least until the next so-called miracle product comes out.

I'm a sucker for glowing reviews and so is my wallet Neutral I guess I have to keep reminding myself that this isn't going to like cure cancer or anything like that miracle product. Otherwise I tend to get sucked into the hype and then expect just amazing results without really thinking about whether such product is really worth it.

And im sure cp's are thats why I'm going to spot treat instead of just drown my face in copper. I had to learn the hard way with retin a..and others.
LoriA
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 04, 2012 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
well, this is just an ongoing issue with advertising & even interacting with people. People get excited, and swayed by one another. People naturally mirror & mimick, and crave confirmation and promises from one another, but you learn after a while to take it all with a grain of salt, weigh things out and make your own decisions. But its fun to get excited and believe... kids are learning to be more jaded way earlier than we ever did. I believe in the power of positive thinking... you believe its working and you hold your head up higher, smile more etc, which leads your entire body to aid in making it happen.

Good to hear Bren! I think the glow is definitely real and a result of the product but I wonder if its possible that firming & smoothing can happen so early. I swear my nasolabials are less pronounced today. Not to say that I haven't had good & bad days in the past. Maybe we're some of the lucky ones who respond especially well to cp's!
Must admit that I've been more responsible about my diet in the last week as well though. Smile

And MrVincent, you wrote: "Ok, look, I used to be a big believer in copper peptides from skin bio, especially after reading Diane Yvonne's story and all the DebbieNIR posts a few years ago from their web site."
I think that's the difference. I'm not a big believer in cp's because of what people have written. I believe that there's a GOOD CHANCE that there's something to it, that they did work for others, and that they COULD work for me. It would take personal results for me to become a "big believer" in them.

Olive, normal/oily skin. Using rinse-off ocm, Vit C, Tretinoin since Nov/10, GHK since Feb/12, Niacinamide & glucosamine, alternating, & now skipping nights! Concerns include oiliness, hyperpigmentation from occasional zits, 11's & nasolabial folds.
bren21
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 05, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
LoriA wrote:
Good to hear Bren! I think the glow is definitely real and a result of the product but I wonder if its possible that firming & smoothing can happen so early. I swear my nasolabials are less pronounced today. Not to say that I haven't had good & bad days in the past. Maybe we're some of the lucky ones who respond especially well to cp's!
Must admit that I've been more responsible about my diet in the last week as well though. Smile

Diet plays a HUGE part of it. I notice when I am eating crap, my face looks the part. I try and eat well every day, but I am by no means perfect (fries, reuben and a Guinness at the pub last night Laughing) But I do believe there is work of CP's as of late helping my face look fabulous. It just has a certain glowing clarity to it. Not sure the firming is due to CP's this early on so much as due to the TTT, but I will take it any way I can get it Wink

rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 06, 2012 10:54 am      Reply with quote
Not sure if everyone gets Nanci's newsletters (NCN Skincare) but I got one today and Nanci has come out with her own copper peptide product. Hers is the first gen CP and includes EGF. Just in case anyone is interested.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 4:08 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |