Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:39 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
moosejavian - I have accidentally gotten CPs or Folligen into the eye (must've been Folligen - would've been experimenting applying to lash line w/ eyeliner brush) and it did sting. That was the only negative, though.

You would probably have to ask Dr Pickart if there would be any other consequences of getting CPs into the eyes - he is the expert!

foxe, I agree 100% when it comes to our eyes I am all about being extremely cautious! I find it interesting that you noted the brows grew in thinner, I wonder why that is also?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
DM - not that the brows grew in thinner, but the hair itself is thinner - like baby fine hair (I have pretty thick, course hair) This was an early observation after using it for only a short while. Perhaps the hair follicle would promote thicker hair after a while. Dr P has said it makes the follicle healthier.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DM - not that the brows grew in thinner, but the hair itself is thinner - like baby fine hair (I have pretty thick, course hair) This was an early observation after using it for only a short while. Perhaps the hair follicle would promote thicker hair after a while. Dr P has said it makes the follicle healthier.

Sorry I should have phrased that better, I meant the hairs themselves being finer. You are most likely correct that with continued usage the hair would thicken from a healthier follicle. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 8:58 pm      Reply with quote
Im not sure if it's just my imagination but I think my acne scars look less visible. My acne scars are like tiny holes puntured in a line across my cheek. The holes seem more closed and less open? Not sure if it's the work of the CPs since I just started using last week. But my bigger acne scars look the same haha.
Can CPs work that fast? I use them every alternative day and I use quite sparingly. lol. I also try to exfoliate my skin before using them.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

On that truth in aging site, I read a post by Marta saying the same thing, that hair growth was more "wispy".

I have emailed the SB canadian website and asked about long term effects of CP on eyes, hopefully I will get an answer soon. Too lazy to look for Dr P's email address.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 9:25 pm      Reply with quote
moosejavian,

That sounds like the best plan! Marta just actually tried it on her lashes and seemed pleased? Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 10, 2010 10:09 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
beann1210 wrote:
Foxe, you mentioned that CPs are not for everybody and have caused damage to some people.

Foxe, can you explain more of this? Why would CP's cause damage in some people and is there a particular type of skin that shouldn't use the CPs due to this?

riley- from all the reading on forums that I have done on CPs there are a few people that have claimed some long term damage - bethany being one of them. I personally think most of that damage they saw was some buried stuff being brought up and not having a chance to go thru the remodeling process completely. bethany also seems to have some pretty sensitive skin (am I right bethany??), so that might have something to do with the long term part too.

I'm sure CPs are not meant for everyone - esp those who don't have the patience to see the process through. It is a long one for most

I probably have average skin from a sensitivity standpoint. But I do have fair, dry, thinner skin and haven't identified anyone yet with this skin type that has not had the uglies.

As I have said in numerous places after talking to Nanci, my uglies were probably caused by the stronger CP Serum migrating up under my eyes (where I was using Super GHK serum).

I'll probably try them again eventually, but only a couple of days a week and I will stick to the Super GHK everywhere on my face.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:50 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

I usually copy the whole bunch and put it into a word doc and redo it, though because (for some strange reason) the darn program here at EDS does such weird things like jumping around when I type that I can't do anything properly. I then copy it to the 'reply' page and post it.

Drives you crazy, right? Hit the compatibility button on the internet bar (on mine it's under 'page'). That'll fix it.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
marina wrote:
foxe wrote:

I usually copy the whole bunch and put it into a word doc and redo it, though because (for some strange reason) the darn program here at EDS does such weird things like jumping around when I type that I can't do anything properly. I then copy it to the 'reply' page and post it.

Drives you crazy, right? Hit the compatibility button on the internet bar (on mine it's under 'page'). That'll fix it.

Thanks for that tip, I hit the bar and it seems to be working while I type this (had to go to the far bottom of the page to see if it worked).

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
A few of us have had that happen with the jumping page, it is enough to make you want to pull your hair out! Just make sure if you use different browsers it's set for all. And watch for Windows updates I had mine set on compatibility view and one "critical update" undid my settings! Embarassed

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 10:38 am      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,

I copied the following quote from another thread.

The patent for GHK-Cu has expired, so you may find products that contain it. But if you see a product that claims to have it check to make sure it is listed as one of these ingredients:
GHK copper would be listed as Prezatide Copper Acetate, Copper Tripeptide-1 or Alanine/Histidine/Lysine Polypeptide Copper HC1.

I just received the Hydra CP+ serum from Cellbone. I ordered it because I like the short and simple ingredient list and because it has no fragrance.
I thought it would contain the mild GHK peptides and would be safe to start with. The CP is listed as just Copper Peptide.

So now I am not sure if it contains the real CP or just the copper salts?

Anyone else using the Cellbone CP serum?

TIA

Edit:
I just discovered that Cellbone sells a GHK Copper Peptide solution so I guess the serum contains GHK and not just the salts.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:35 pm      Reply with quote
Calling all CP experts! What are CP Uglies symtoms? Is it only the sagging? Or is it a whole sloo of ugliness? How soon can the uglies start after you add CP into your remine?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 2:43 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Calling all CP experts! What are CP Uglies symtoms? Is it only the sagging? Or is it a whole sloo of ugliness? How soon can the uglies start after you add CP into your remine?

Why is it that I ask, you say? Well, let me tell you . . . I have been using SB CP Serum for the last two nights; yes, only two nights, and my skin looks horrible today. Looks like it maybe sagging a bit, but I'm not sure. What I do know is that the texture is yuck! My pores are huge and very visible. More wrinkles too, but mostly the pores. I used it Friday and Saturday night; 4 drops of water with 4 drops of serum for my face and the same for my neck. Can this happen after only two days of use? Or am I just having a really really really bad skin day?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Jimm wrote:

So now I am not sure if it contains the real CP or just the copper salts?

Anyone else using the Cellbone CP serum?

TIA

Edit:
I just discovered that Cellbone sells a GHK Copper Peptide solution so I guess the serum contains GHK and not just the salts.

Maybe you can email the company to confirm this.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 11, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
beann1210 wrote:

Why is it that I ask, you say? Well, let me tell you . . . I have been using SB CP Serum for the last two nights; yes, only two nights, and my skin looks horrible today. Looks like it maybe sagging a bit, but I'm not sure. What I do know is that the texture is yuck! My pores are huge and very visible. More wrinkles too, but mostly the pores. I used it Friday and Saturday night; 4 drops of water with 4 drops of serum for my face and the same for my neck. Can this happen after only two days of use? Or am I just having a really really really bad skin day?

I'm certainly not an expert but I used CP serum in the past and recently started CP's again, albeit very slowly.
Sounds like the "uglies" to me but don't panic, your skin will spring back by not using the serum for a couple of days. I know it's scary when it first happens though!
When you start back try diluting more, maybe 2 drops CP/6drops water and only use 3X a week for a couple of weeks and very gradually work up. You can also buffer the CP's by applying emu oil first and then the serum for awhile.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
Foxe & Star Model,

I have just ordered a bottle of CP serum & jumped on the 2nd generation of Copper Peptides.

I'll use up my Super GHK serum in 2 weeks. Wait and see......if my skin agrees with it!
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
It can be a whole slew of symptons from redness, soreness, to sagging, or even dryness. Most people dont experience them so early on though, especially as you start off diluting the CP serum and maybe using an oil before hand. What are you using and are you doing those things also?
beann1210 wrote:
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
TheresaMary wrote:
It can be a whole slew of symptons from redness, soreness, to sagging, or even dryness. Most people dont experience them so early on though, especially as you start off diluting the CP serum and maybe using an oil before hand. What are you using and are you doing those things also?
beann1210 wrote:

I'm not using the oil before, but after, which pushes it in more, right? I diluted the CP 1/2 and 1/2 with water. I'm going to start again in a couple days and dilute it more. Hopefully that'll help. I really can't wait to get past all of this cr*p. Very disheartening.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 12, 2010 8:31 am      Reply with quote
Thats probably the cause, using the oil after does push it in further, but if your skin is not used to it, or its too strong, it might give you the uglies. Try it the other way round. Using the oil first and then the CP. This way the CP will still get into the skin, just not deep enough to give you that sort of results your getting.

With CPs, another factor is that you got to exfoliate as it helps to get rid of the damage. So if your not using any method already, thats worth experimenting with also.

Its crap, but its crap on the way out - I like to think.
beann1210 wrote:
I'm not using the oil before, but after, which pushes it in more, right? I diluted the CP 1/2 and 1/2 with water. I'm going to start again in a couple days and dilute it more. Hopefully that'll help. I really can't wait to get past all of this cr*p. Very disheartening.
beann1210
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:41 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Theresa ~ I'm think I'm going to give it a whole month before I try again. I just started Retin-A a little over two months ago. Maybe I should wait until I'm completely used to this before I start something new. Also, I think my skin may be just so messed up that I got the uglies very easily.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:23 am      Reply with quote
beann1210 wrote:
Thanks again Theresa ~ I'm think I'm going to give it a whole month before I try again. I just started Retin-A a little over two months ago. Maybe I should wait until I'm completely used to this before I start something new. Also, I think my skin may be just so messed up that I got the uglies very easily.

Hi beanne,

Part of the problem may be that you just started recently using Retin-A not long before CPs. When 1st using Retin-A it begins to purge the skin with *uglies* much worse than CPs.

I would suggest alternating the Retin-A and CPs every other night to allow your skin to adjust to both products. They are 2 powerhouses.

Diluting is also an an excellent suggestion then slowly increasing.

Good Luck! Smile
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Also, It all depends how damaged your skin is underneath as to how long it will take to get through various phases.

Many people start off with mild CPs using them only for a week or 2 thinking they will get better results if they jump right into the strong stuff.

Unfortunately, that is where many go wrong, not realizing that their skin hasn't adjusted yet to CPs. As a matter of fact, I know of a few who have claimed severe damage from mild CPs when in fact they where using the most powerful product 2X sometimes twice a day. No wonder they had problems. Shock This is what you do NOT want to do.

Super Cop 2X was designed for spot treating & scar removal, not as a "Rush Job - Beauty Treatment".

So no matter what your objective may be, going slow with CPs will allow you to monitor your skin so you can build your own routine. It is best to keep in mind that just like with Retin-A, "less is more" when it comes to CPs until your skin adjusts to your own personal level.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
As Starmodel says, it might not be CPs but Retin A doing its purging thing, so I think I would hold off until your skin is used to the Retin A, and give that time to work before throwing CPs in.
beann1210 wrote:
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:11 am      Reply with quote
Very wise advice indeed, and mirrors my own reading on forums. People jump in at the highest strengths because they have good skin and then whinge over damage turning up. I know some have had damage showing up on the weaker strengths and given up - which I understand entirely, but I often wonder whether this is out with the old kind of stuff in progress.

April's comments though I still am unsure about re Dr Pickart and the antiaging and not using it unless you have scars, as I got the opposite advice that it was good to use (for my son's who is 26). I just don't know what to make of it, just like facial exercises there are contradictory comments of advice made without the logic explained.
Star Model wrote:
Also, It all depends how damaged your skin is underneath as to how long it will take to get through various phases.

Many people start off with mild CPs using them only for a week or 2 thinking they will get better results if they jump right into the strong stuff.

Unfortunately, that is where many go wrong, not realizing that their skin hasn't adjusted yet to CPs. As a matter of fact, I know of a few who have claimed severe damage from mild CPs when in fact they where using the most powerful product 2X sometimes twice a day. No wonder they had problems. Shock This is what you do NOT want to do.

Super Cop 2X was designed for spot treating & scar removal, not as a "Rush Job - Beauty Treatment".

So no matter what your objective may be, going slow with CPs will allow you to monitor your skin so you can build your own routine. It is best to keep in mind that just like with Retin-A, "less is more" when it comes to CPs until your skin adjusts to your own personal level.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
Sorry just to note, it wasn't April but Avalange's comments I was referring to here:

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=533338#533338
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 1:44 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |