Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 3:31 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks again Foxe! A good description of the Skin Signals cream.

I'm really liking the SS serum also for the added firming it seems to give me. Transitioning into it by alternating with the P&R cream since it's a fair bit stronger. So far so good! I love the P&R cream too so I'll probably keep it in rotation.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
brierrose - the PR classic is a great product - no matter where you are with CP's. It works wonderful when you are taking a break from the heavy duty stuff.

Sometimes I think it's the only thing - when you're skin is transitioning. It's gentle, effective and works.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sister, that is so true, exactly how I feel about the P&R classic or with retinol(for more moisture.) I find them both quite soothing yet still effective so I will continue to use them in between more aggressive treatments.
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 25, 2010 11:04 pm      Reply with quote
So if I try a retinol for the first time would you guys suggest the P&R with retinol? I think Foxe is right about my skin reacting to the heavier creams. I cut out every thing except my toners, DIY Vit C serum and CP cream along with another light serum I get from a MMU company called Signature minerals. I thought my skin was dry but these products seem to be hydrating OK. I'm noticing the blackheads decreasing right away. I'm going to add in the CP accelerator only to see if I can use that on my face (although I think both it and the rose cream are causing my blackheads)This all makes sense because I didn't start having this problem until I started using L2K's face products and they are creamy too. Wow it's weird to me that I'm just figuring this out.
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:32 am      Reply with quote
kmaya- Actually the form of Vit.A in the P&R cream is retinyl palmitate which makes it more moisturizing than the Classic version. It doesn't exfoliate like for instance Green cream would. I don't know why they say Retinol, it's kind of confusing unless you read the ingredients listed for the cream.
P&R classic cream is more suited for people prone to blemishes. I can get blackheads from some products but I haven't had a problem with either of the P&R creams but then I also use Retin-A 3 nights a week.
It was probably the LTK products that caused the blackheads. HTH a little.
kmaya
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:56 pm      Reply with quote
That's helpful brier rose, I am using P & R day cover and that also seems fine. Looks like I need to be more cautious with moisturizers. I think I'll wait on the retinol until I figure out just what is working and what isn't and then add a new item.
Dewdrops

Wed Oct 27, 2010 4:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi Foxe,

Can i start by saying how wonderful it is to be a part of such informative forum.

I have been searching for some good skincare products that i can use as part of my skincare regime and my search for answers lead me to this thread. From what i have read about skin biology products, i think they are certainly worth a try but i am a little lost as to where to start. So i thought since you are a keen CP user and have good product knowledge, you might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am 32 and have combination skin. My skin concerns are few acne scars and some hyper-pigmentation. I would also love to improve my overall skintone too.

Any advise that you can give me would be greatly appreciated.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 27, 2010 6:30 pm      Reply with quote
Dewdrops wrote:
Hi Foxe,

Can i start by saying how wonderful it is to be a part of such informative forum.

I have been searching for some good skincare products that i can use as part of my skincare regime and my search for answers lead me to this thread. From what i have read about skin biology products, i think they are certainly worth a try but i am a little lost as to where to start. So i thought since you are a keen CP user and have good product knowledge, you might be able to point me in the right direction.

I am 32 and have combination skin. My skin concerns are few acne scars and some hyper-pigmentation. I would also love to improve my overall skintone too.

Hi dewdrops (love your name and welcome to the forum)

Call the Skin Bio CS #, they're great at answering questions like the ones you have. I can also try to help, but definitely give them a call.

With CPs, it's always a good idea to start slowly. They're strong and not everyone knows if they have sensitive skin or not that can react negatively (those uglies) to the CPs. The one reason not to follow this advice is if you're dealing w/ some serious scarring like acne scars.

With combo skin, you could go with either a cream or a serum based CP. You also mention acne scarring, so I'd recommend starting w/ the CP serum. It's easy to dilute so you can go slow. To combat the scars, you'll eventually want to work up to the Super CP Serum or even the Super Cop 2X (spot treat w/ the SC2X). You'll want to treat the hyperpigmentation spots like scars.

If you like creams better - start w/ the P&R Lotion. The classic one can be used by somewhat oily skin. The one w/ retinol is for dry skin.

It's also good to use some form of exfoliation. If you have some at home - use that. If not, SB has some AHAs or BHAs that come in combo packs (great buys) w/ the CPs. Try to use your exfoliator on the opposite end of the day. You can also use it at the same end of the day, but give some space(timewise) between it and the CPs for best results. You can also try a microfiber cloth or a weekly peel instead of the acids (some do these in addition to the acids).

There are a lot of different ways to use the CPs and with different skin conditions and different goals for users, the best way to use them may have to come from trial and error.

best of luck to ya (and don't be afraid to give their CS a call) or ask more questions here! wave

Wed Oct 27, 2010 9:22 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Dewdrops wrote:
Hi Foxe,

Hi dewdrops (love your name and welcome to the forum)

Call the Skin Bio CS #, they're great at answering questions like the ones you have. I can also try to help, but definitely give them a call.

With CPs, it's always a good idea to start slowly. They're strong and not everyone knows if they have sensitive skin or not that can react negatively (those uglies) to the CPs. The one reason not to follow this advice is if you're dealing w/ some serious scarring like acne scars.

With combo skin, you could go with either a cream or a serum based CP. You also mention acne scarring, so I'd recommend starting w/ the CP serum. It's easy to dilute so you can go slow. To combat the scars, you'll eventually want to work up to the Super CP Serum or even the Super Cop 2X (spot treat w/ the SC2X). You'll want to treat the hyperpigmentation spots like scars.

If you like creams better - start w/ the P&R Lotion. The classic one can be used by somewhat oily skin. The one w/ retinol is for dry skin.

It's also good to use some form of exfoliation. If you have some at home - use that. If not, SB has some AHAs or BHAs that come in combo packs (great buys) w/ the CPs. Try to use your exfoliator on the opposite end of the day. You can also use it at the same end of the day, but give some space(timewise) between it and the CPs for best results. You can also try a microfiber cloth or a weekly peel instead of the acids (some do these in addition to the acids).

There are a lot of different ways to use the CPs and with different skin conditions and different goals for users, the best way to use them may have to come from trial and error.

best of luck to ya (and don't be afraid to give their CS a call) or ask more questions here! wave

Thanks for your advise Foxe, really appreciate it.

I am actually in Australia, so calling SB might not work out with the time difference n all but i have emailed their customer service with all my ques. Hopefully i'll hear something soon.

I will take ur advise on board and start slowly, don't want more 'uglies' than i already have Smile

thanks once again..I'll contribute to the forum once i get started.

Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 2:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the best products to start CP's with. I have read a lot of information and read through these posts but am still unsure of where to start.

I have been using retin a for about 3 months now. I am using 0.05% strength and have had no redness or peeling from it.

I use a Dermalogica cleanser and moisturiser in the morning with Nivea Q 10 eye cream, and then after cleansing at night use my retin a.

My skin is neither dry nor oily but the therapist at the salon I use says it is sometimes dehydrated, which she says is not the same as dry.

The main concerns I have is some sagging around the jaw line. I am hypothyroid and have recently lost about 3 stone after getting my medication sorted out properly. I also have some fine lines around my eyes and one very deep n/l fold. I have some lines above my top lip from my smoking days.

I would be grateful of any advice you can offer on where to start. Also I live in UK and would appreciate some advice on where to buy from please.

Thanks
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
Hi,

I am looking for some advice on the best products to start CP's with. I have read a lot of information and read through these posts but am still unsure of where to start.

I have been using retin a for about 3 months now. I am using 0.05% strength and have had no redness or peeling from it.

I use a Dermalogica cleanser and moisturiser in the morning with Nivea Q 10 eye cream, and then after cleansing at night use my retin a.

My skin is neither dry nor oily but the therapist at the salon I use says it is sometimes dehydrated, which she says is not the same as dry.

The main concerns I have is some sagging around the jaw line. I am hypothyroid and have recently lost about 3 stone after getting my medication sorted out properly. I also have some fine lines around my eyes and one very deep n/l fold. I have some lines above my top lip from my smoking days.

I would be grateful of any advice you can offer on where to start. Also I live in UK and would appreciate some advice on where to buy from please.

Thanks

Skin Bio, EDS or NCN Skincare will ship internationally.
SKin Bio:
http://www.reverseskinaging.com/
NCN Skincare: http://www.ncnproskincare.com/
EDS (go to the main page)

I believe Skin Bio also has a European reseller - check their website for that.

What to try? Give either the Skin Signals or P&R Lotion a try to start. Even the CP Serum would work - just top the serums off w/ an oil like emu or squalane since they don't have lipids of their own in them. You can get generous free samples from the SB website if you order from them, that way you can try out a different product.

Using the Retin A along w/ CPs is really good - I had great results using those 2 together myself. Try one in the morning and the other at night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,

Thanks for that, I will check out those sites. Am I right in thinking that you can use the cp's on the eyelids as well. I am getting quite hooded now.
If I use the P&R, should I still dilute it to start with and should I use it every morning. Also, do I use the oil as a moisturiser, or still use my moisturiser as well.

Sorry for so many questions, but thanks very much for the help.
rmc7
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:12 pm      Reply with quote
Very Happy I am so happy I found this site. I just reciently started on a copper peptide mask that I use weekely. Since reading this thread I ordered the CP serum (skinbiology) can't wait till it gets here. I love this website!! Smile Smile Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:31 pm      Reply with quote
rmc7 wrote:
Very Happy I am so happy I found this site. I just reciently started on a copper peptide mask that I use weekely. Since reading this thread I ordered the CP serum (skinbiology) can't wait till it gets here. I love this website!! Smile Smile Smile

This website can get quite addicting (and bad for the wallet too!) LOL Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
sue09 wrote:
Foxe,

Thanks for that, I will check out those sites. Am I right in thinking that you can use the cp's on the eyelids as well. I am getting quite hooded now.
If I use the P&R, should I still dilute it to start with and should I use it every morning. Also, do I use the oil as a moisturiser, or still use my moisturiser as well.

Sorry for so many questions, but thanks very much for the help.

I had great results on hooded upper eyelids using CPs. I started out s-l-o-w-l-y on those since that's where a lot of complaints about CPs had been that I read before starting w/ CPs. I started w/ Super GHK, then moved to the Night Eyes Premier and then the regular Night Eyes. I never diluted these and my upper lids tightened up considerably.

If you go w/ the P&R, just use less of it for the first few weeks until your skin gets use to the CPs. Or use it every other day. You can gradually increase the amt then.

For the emu oil - it makes a great moisturizer and you may not ever need that one you currently use. Remember, though, that putting it on TOP of CPs will enhance their effect by pushing the CPs in more. Emu oil has lipids very similiar to human lipids so our skin is suppose to soak it in very easily. By putting emu on top of CPs, it helps it sink in.

Conversely, by putting emu on UNDER CPs, it can temper them a bit, making them not as strong. This is another way to let your skin get use to them.

Anytime your skin is irritated, emu oil is good to use, too. It has natural healing, calming ingredients in it. If you get those dreaded 'uglies' - just use emu oil for a few days alone. They'll go away and then you can reintroduce (slowly) the CPs again. I used this method a few times that I got the uglies. I don't get them anymore.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
sue09- another product you might want to consider for tightening up those lids is Skin Bio's Two Timing Tightener. It has DMAE in it and works great for firming up loose skin - even the loose skin that can show up with the uglies. (Thankfully those uglies are shortlived, but the TTT can help get over that period). It's a temporary tightening, but does seem to help. I use it for special occasions.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
the TTT is supposed to have a cumulative effect so is recommended to be used daily. It lasts for a long time.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
the TTT is supposed to have a cumulative effect so is recommended to be used daily. It lasts for a long time.

If that's so - I'll have to start using mine on a regular basis now. Do you put yours all over your face sis, or only in a few areas?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
I am so pleased that I found this forum. If I hadn't, I would be really too worried to try CP's as the 'uglies' sound sooooo bad. I still can't find out exactly what they are. Are they just heavier wrinkles and do they go away on everyone?
I'm going to order my CP's today as it looks like they take about 4 weeks to arrive in UK. I still can't quite decide on P&R or serum, but will probably make the choice when I hit the button, or buy both and start with the P&R and then move up.

My last question (I think) for now.....I have always been a little worried that oils might clog pores. I do get little milia on the orbital bone under my eye, and occasional blackheads. Will the emu oil cause this to be worse?

Again, thanks for the help! When I look 20 again, I'll post a photo Smile
brierrose
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 10:49 am      Reply with quote
Sue~ My experience with the uglies was a slight slackening of the skin which tightened back again by backing off CP use for a couple of days. I seldom experience this anymore, in fact since using the Skin Signals serum I'm noticing a definite firming to my skin which I'm really pleased about.

I would suggest ordering both a P&R cream and the serum, starting with the cream. It's milder but still effective. I love the P&R creams and continue to use it in rotation with the serum. Going slowly with CP's is really the best way to go, much less chance of having anything negative happen.

The emu oil doesn't clog pores or cause milia and blackheads. Squalane is also a good moisturizer and less heavy than the emu oil.
sue09
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:28 pm      Reply with quote
OK....I've done it! I have ordered the P&R cream, Super GHK cream for my eyes and the emu oil for moisturiser. I think this will then be my routine,

AM

Cleanse
GHK on eyes and lids
P&R on face
EMU oil on top

PM

Cleanse
Retin a
Maybe Emu oil before bed........

I use a micro cloth to exfoliate, is this enough please?

Does that sound about right to you all? When using these I intend to go very slowly. Would I be right in thinking that GHK would be about the size of a rice grain for each eye and P&R about pea size for rest of face. Would this be slow enough and is P&R ok for the front of my throat area where I have some lose skin.

I am just reading through this thread for the second time and the information is incredible and so very helpful. Thanks to everyone who contributes.

Thanks
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
sue - that looks pretty good. If the Retin A doesn't irritate you or give you flakies, then you may not need to use emu afterwards. But if you still want to, give the Retin A about 45 minutes before putting anything on top - you want to give that time to work by itself first.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Foxe,

The retin a doesn't irritate at all or cause any flakiness, I was just thinking extra moisturiser. I Think I will leave the nights as they are though with just the retin a.
I use Nivea SS which lists titanium dioxide, so I assume that will be fine to use. I might look for an alternative though as there does seem a lot of things that I probably don't want on my skin.
This is the ingredient list

Ingredients
Aqua, Ethylhexyl Methoxycinnamate, Alcohol Denat, C12-15 Alkyl Benzoate, Octyldodecanol, Butyl Methoxydibenzoylmethane, Distarch Phosphate, Bis-Ethylhexyloxyphenol Methoxyphenyl Triazine, Cetyl Alcohol, Sodium, Phenylbenzimidazole Sulfonate, Cetearyl Alcohol, Myristyl Myristate, Sodium Starch, Octenylsuccinate, Ethylhexyl Triazone, Glycerin, Tocopheryl Acetate, Titanium Dioxide, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Xanthan Gum, PEG-40 Castor Oil, Sodium Cetearyl Sulfate, Trisodium EDTA, Phenoxyethanol, Methylparaben, Trimethoxycaprylysilane, Limonene Linalool, Benzyl Benzoate, Hydroxyisohexyl 3-Cyclohexene Carboxaldehyde, Hexyl Cinnamal, Benzyl Salicylate, Eugenol, Butylphenyl Methylpropional, Alpha-Isomethyl Ionone Citronellol, Coumarin, BHT, Parfum

Do they all have this much stuff in......Smile
Time2Bme
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
sister sweets wrote:
Hi Bree - Another KH lover here and I use CP's. I recently bought more KH V2 (My favorite along with the eye cream) and I plan to continue CP's along with the KH. I am going to use CP's in the morning (skin signals, followed by TTT, followed by BHO, followed by Day Cover). Night time will be an exfoliant (such as LacSal), wait 20 minutes and then put on VK2. Wait and Baobob oil or Hemp Seed over after about 20 minutes. I love VK2 and have missed it - took it out of the rotation for a while. I really want to use it now that I'm dermarolling and using LEDS more consistantly. I'm having some great results - very cumulative with the CP's and KH products give a glow and a fresh look.

Hi SisterSweets,
When do you use the KH eye cream? I'm hoping that the CP will help heal and fade scars on my eyelids (bleph surgery). I had been using Mederma, but can't stand the itching and redness it is causing. I love the feel of the KH eye cream on my eye lids, but I am doubtful that it will help fade the scar. I am interested in trying the CP, but don't want to give up the KH. I love that line.
I'd appreciate any suggestions you can give.
TIA

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:

Using the Retin A along w/ CPs is really good - I had great results using those 2 together myself. Try one in the morning and the other at night.

foxe, are you using Retin A and CPs at the same time of the day? And when do you use your AALS (before CPs or after)?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 11:13 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |