Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi hotdocgirl, I don't think the Skin Signals Cream is stronger than the CP serum. At least, I hope not. I purchased it because I wanted to start out with a milder product. I am starting out with Super GHK and then I will progress to Skin Signals Cream.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:16 pm      Reply with quote
CP serum is stronger than Skin Signals Cream in terms of remodeling potential and absolutely these products work differently. (THat's why I use both).

I'm using the GHK cream a few times a week and I'm really enjoying this product. It agrees with my skin so much. I'm alternating mostly with skin signals serum but do use cp serum with rolling and also twice per week or so and spot with Super Cop or 2X a few times a week. (Just enough to irritate my skin probably). Some days I use CP's twice per day sometime only once.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
Here you go girls..this is what I've been going by
... this shows the strengths of the products..which I find a valuable tool.

http://reverseskinaging.com/combos.html

b
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
Here is another one that shows all of the cp's and their strengths.

http://reverseskinaging.com/productguide.html
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
In fact..here is the one that really shows you

... I hope this helps... follow this and the

"Uglies" will ellude you.

http://reverseskinaging.com/productguide.html

btw...Riley girl..I really like what you are doing..wish I would have gotton ghk first thing..thinking about getting it for my eyes. They say Skin Signals cream is good for eyes..but I'd rather start with ghk to get the delicate eye skin used to cp's before going to skin signals cream.

From what I've read from different posts. Many people have great results with sticking to the weaker cp's. I think it all depends on your skin and your own challenges. There was one girl who posted she responds best to the cp sun block on her chest. That it has reduced her chest wrinkles moreso than stronger cp's.

Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Here you go girls..this is what I've been going by
... this shows the strengths of the products..which I find a valuable tool.

http://reverseskinaging.com/combos.html

b

Great hotdocgirl! That's a handy reference, thanks for posting. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:39 pm      Reply with quote
Dark Moon... I was flying blind for weeks before finding that link on the SB website. It is sort of hidden..but is the link we all need!

I hope it helps you and many others.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:50 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Dark Moon... I was flying blind for weeks before finding that link on the SB website. It is sort of hidden..but is the link we all need!

I hope it helps you and many others.

I don't like that site's organization if you can call it that! I am copying those links to notes! Smile
I am thinking along the same lines re. GHK, I think I may just bite the bullet and get those my big issue is above the eyes and my gut says go weaker and be patient! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:34 pm      Reply with quote
Great so 2 nights in a row I've used the Skin signals solution and the emu oil Embarassed I'll let you know when my face falls off.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 11:44 pm      Reply with quote
kmaya wrote:
Great so 2 nights in a row I've used the Skin signals solution and the emu oil Embarassed I'll let you know when my face falls off.

No, Many people are using the 2nd generation with not only no problems but good results!

I tend to lean towards being very cautious, especially around the eyes, everything (just about) drives my eyes crazy! My skin can take pretty much anything, I just don't want to walk around tearing like a love struck teen! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 12:07 am      Reply with quote
OK Thanks Dark Moon. I went from the CP Serum to SS solution so maybe it won''t make a difference if I switch back to CP serum. As a matter of fact I might do like Sister and go back and forth IF I don't see any "uglies" from going this fast. Like you said my skin might not mind it at all, but I want to be cautious.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:51 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:

btw...Riley girl..I really like what you are doing..wish I would have gotton ghk first thing..thinking about getting it for my eyes. They say Skin Signals cream is good for eyes..but I'd rather start with ghk to get the delicate eye skin used to cp's before going to skin signals cream.

Thanks, hotdocgirl. I have used the GHK since 12/17 (same day I started the AALS), and shockingly (for me anyway!) I woke up this morning and my skin looked great. I honestly was shocked. Even my broken caps looked really good. I am thinking it is all about finding the balance of how much, how often, etc. I got the Skin Signals as I also read that it was great for tightening and using around the eyes!

Hotdocgirl, one more question, but what sunscreen are you using?
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 10:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm using..for now...Patrica Wexler's skin brightening spf 30 moisturizer. I don't know if it the right kind to use with cp's..I have the check the ingredients...been meaning to do that and switch to SB's if it is not right.

I have to say...that about 8 weeks into using cp's.. I missed my more luxurious commercial type of beauty products. rubbing blue fluid and cream on your face isn't really that fun.

So I purchased Patrica Wexler's serum and spf 30 moisturizer..because I've used them both in the past and enjoyed them...and my skin did look bright and young. When I use her serum..I feel like it is a shoe polish for my face. Some don't like it..but I really do. Smile
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, hotdocgirl! I am using Devita right now and I don't "think" Pickart likes zinc but I do, so I will continue on!

I got my products already. I just ordered on Monday and it is here already. I am a little afraid to try anything new at the moment as my redness/broken caps stayed "faded" looking the entire day. I think I will just add the Skin Signals in a few nights a week to start off with and see how it goes! I will use the Night Eyes nightly though.
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:09 pm      Reply with quote
Rileygirl....I know..so tempting to use more more more! But really..if you're getting results with just ghk...you might want to go with that and see how far it takes you..then step up.

But that's easier said than done...but I don't think you could hurt anything by using skin signals cream. I think going from ghk to that would be a natural.

I think I'll settle into skin signals cream daily..and skin signals serum every other day..but may get something stronger to spot treat only. Then I want to use cp serum on my body..thinking of putting it in a spray bottle. I did buy protect and restore with pheromones..and it smells so strong I can hardly stand it. I also bought folligan for my eyelashes and will report back..been using that for about a month.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:22 pm      Reply with quote
This is one concern I have, I don't want to give up my physical sunscreens or mineral makeup?
I just started Retin A last night, won't use more than every other night or less for a while. Still use my C serum in the AM, the question is If using CP's at night and alternating with the Retin A, why is the ZO or TD an issue in the AM if you have washed your face? hmm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:30 pm      Reply with quote
From what I have read (on Nanci's blog at NCN and Skin Bio) is that only *some* people have reported larger pores when using CPs and Zinc based sunscreens at the same time. They recommend using 12 hours apart. However, I remember reading something on Skin Bio about what to put on your face between CPs and Zinc to prevent any issues. Sorry I can not remember which thread that was on..

hope this helps. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 3:53 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
From what I have read (on Nanci's blog at NCN and Skin Bio) is that only *some* people have reported larger pores when using CPs and Zinc based sunscreens at the same time. They recommend using 12 hours apart. However, I remember reading something on Skin Bio about what to put on your face between CPs and Zinc to prevent any issues. Sorry I can not remember which thread that was on..

hope this helps. Smile

Thanks erg, Smile
I will search and see what I can find on what to use prior to all my ss and mmu!
I am changing a lot with my skin care, I don't want to change ss and make up too! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
DM - using vit C w/ your SS in the AM works really well w/ the CPs/Retin A at night, esp if you alternate the CPs and Retin A initially (or forever, if that's what you want). Alternating is good to acclimate to the CPs and Retin A, though.

I actually use a mineral MU over CPs in the AM (if I'm applying them at that time) with no problems. If the zinc just sits on TOP, you should have no interaction between the SS and the CPs anyway, so no worry. A mineral MU will definitely sit on top as will most physical SS that are not micronized/nanosized. If you're using a SS that might get absorbed a bit (with zinc in it), you can always try a barrier of oil over CPs before applying the SS first. That might help.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 5:52 pm      Reply with quote
Hi All, Sorry I haven't been here in awhile. So forgive me for not following the thread all the way through. I did read the last few pages for the latest update.

Saw some very good advice coming from some newcomers to CPs. Also noticed DarkMoon getting into the game? Surprised me, but then again, I guess not.

Boy, things have changed a bit since I last visited. Beware of those dreaded *uglies* DM. Smile

The new Skin Signals Cream is a great product for those looking solely for anti-aging vs. more complicated issues like scar reduction.

Foxe & Sweets, glad to see you are both still around & doing well.

Keliu, You may want to try using soap, water & a nail brush for any CPs that pool up under your nails. That is what I do - works beautifully! Very Happy
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just to clarify - does Dr P frown on the use of zinc in all applications (like on babies' bottoms) or just in combination with CPs?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:06 pm      Reply with quote
On the subject of strengths of CPs, I have an old copy of a strength chart saved in my files - I added the Skin Signals to it though (before SB did on their own chart). I see they've put the SS Serum pretty high. I know from remarks made by SB or Dr P that it sat between CP Serum and Super CP Serum in CP strength, but they felt it was a stronger 'remodeler' due to the added collegen and elastin.

Strength of CPs

Very, Very Mild Ideal for very sensitive skin. Can be used all over the face as well as around the eye area:
• Super GHK-Copper Cream & Serum

Very Mild: Ideal for skin around the eyes alone:
• Night Eyes Premier

Mild:
• CP Night Eyes
• Body Lotion
• Day Cover

Moderate, good on oily skin:
• CP Serum
• Protect & Restore #2 – Classic
Moderate, good on dry skin:
• Protect & Restore #3 – with Retinol

Strong, good on drier skin:
• Trireduction with Retinol
Strong, good on sensitive skin:
• P&R for Breasts, Nipples, and Décolletage; also works well on the neck area
Strong, good on very sensitive or irritated skin:
• BioHeal, contains camphor and menthol as soothing agents
Strong, good on acne prone skin:
• Skin Signals Dr. Pickart has said that Skin Signals "is about as strong as Super CP Serum". But it has added peptides from enzymatically hydrolyzed elastin and collagen. The formula is also without any thickening agent, so the consistency is different than CP Serum and Super CP Serum. The peptides obtained by enzymatic hydrolysis of elastin and collagen were added because "there is some evidence that such types of peptides signal a re-synthesis of their parent protein."
Strong, good on acne prone skin:
• Super CP Serum

Very Strong:
• Super Cop Cream

Very, Very Strong:
• Super Cop Cream 2X-Extra Strength

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Just to clarify - does Dr P frown on the use of zinc in all applications (like on baby's bottoms) or just in combination with CPs?

From what I know - it's just w/ CPs since, He usually replies to questions on it that some people have said they get large pores from using the two together. That's just a theory, though.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 6:29 pm      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
Rileygirl....I know..so tempting to use more more more! But really..if you're getting results with just ghk...you might want to go with that and see how far it takes you..then step up.

But that's easier said than done...but I don't think you could hurt anything by using skin signals cream. I think going from ghk to that would be a natural.

LOL. It really is tempting, but I am trying to go slow here, so I will finish up the GHK first, and then move on to the Skin Signals cream. I also felt the transition between GHK and SS cream would be a natural one!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 26, 2011 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
DM - using vit C w/ your SS in the AM works really well w/ the CPs/Retin A at night, esp if you alternate the CPs and Retin A initially (or forever, if that's what you want). Alternating is good to acclimate to the CPs and Retin A, though.

I actually use a mineral MU over CPs in the AM (if I'm applying them at that time) with no problems. If the zinc just sits on TOP, you should have no interaction between the SS and the CPs anyway, so no worry. A mineral MU will definitely sit on top as will most physical SS that are not micronized/nanosized. If you're using a SS that might get absorbed a bit (with
zinc in it), you can always try a barrier of oil over CPs before applying the SS first. That might help.

Thanks foxe,

I planned on a slow work up to nightly with both RA and CP's at night only so won't be applying any right before ss or mmu! Keeping the LAA in the AM, now my only other thing to figure out is how to fit in my tetra C (THDA) oil blend! Laughing

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:50 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |