Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology's Copper Peptides
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
hotdocgirl
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 4:48 pm      Reply with quote
J-

Hello...I find this page very helpful..it is what you need to know. If it doesn't come through it is the "product Guide" under the "Product link on Skin Biology website..which is huge. http://reverseskinaging.com/productguide.html

someone asked how to layer. All I know is that if you put oil (squalene or emu oil..or retin a over your cp's it makes them stronger because that layer pushes the cp's into you skin. If you do the reverse..it lightens the effects of cp's. So some who want to go easy on cp's put a layer of oil or another product first.
I've never tried the lasac..I need to try that.
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 5:09 pm      Reply with quote
Great link - thanks!
JaeBlue
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 11, 2011 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
OK have my new routine figured out.

Daytime, Lacsal plus Vitamin C.

Night? This is where I'd love some advice. I use either a retinol or Retin A. Plan to use Super CP Serum every other night.

OK - so, do I use it WITH the retinol or do I use it all by itself on the off days? Is it more powerful with retinols or alone?

After this - I'm all set. (for now . . .) Wink
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
ugh I am so frusttrated with my CP's. My goal was for skin thickening/tightening
I've been using them now for 3 weeks straight face and body.I swear my face has looked horrible the whole time.I now there's the uglies but this is really disheartening. I've tried to skip a day here and there too and I still always look blotchy and orangey(?). My neck which is a main concern seems to look even worse now saggier and thinner skin!Eyes seem a bit worse too. I feel like putting lacsal(aha's) on my neck could be thinning the skin further or something..?
All i've done is use Skin Signals on full face at night with lacsal in morning and on the odd days I skip CP's I put Vit C 30 min after lacsal.
My body seems ok with the P & R cream.
Sorry to rant.. I just spent $150 on my order with delivery and had planned to do another big order soon but not feeling encouraged.I really wanted them to work Sad

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
Hi - are you using Skin Signals Cream or Serum?
I ask because the serum version is much stronger

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 8:46 am      Reply with quote
Skin Signals is a pretty intensive rebuilding product. Did you allow your skin to adjust to CPs by using mild and moderate products first?

Pollyanna wrote:
ugh I am so frusttrated with my CP's. My goal was for skin thickening/tightening
I've been using them now for 3 weeks straight face and body.I swear my face has looked horrible the whole time.I now there's the uglies but this is really disheartening. I've tried to skip a day here and there too and I still always look blotchy and orangey(?). My neck which is a main concern seems to look even worse now saggier and thinner skin!Eyes seem a bit worse too. I feel like putting lacsal(aha's) on my neck could be thinning the skin further or something..?
All i've done is use Skin Signals on full face at night with lacsal in morning and on the odd days I skip CP's I put Vit C 30 min after lacsal.
My body seems ok with the P & R cream.
Sorry to rant.. I just spent $150 on my order with delivery and had planned to do another big order soon but not feeling encouraged.I really wanted them to work Sad
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:23 am      Reply with quote
the Skin Signals cream which on the charts isn't the strongest plus it's the better one for tightening and wrinkles-I am not as worried about marks,tags or discoloration. I thought that was ok to start with.. I was going to switch tot he serum one I started to adjust and see results..?
I know I am probably overreacting- PMS Laughing
My face isn't too too bad but my neck is worrying me most...

Female CANADA 49 Brunette,Fair/normal skin- Gadgets: Derminator, AALS. Skin care: DIY Vit C serum, Osmotics Copper Prime 5, Valmont Renewing Pack, Skinceuticals Retinol, Charlotte Tilbury Magic Cream. Internal: Tons of supplements ;o and some much needed bioidentical hormones
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 9:49 am      Reply with quote
Pollyanna wrote:
the Skin Signals cream which on the charts isn't the strongest plus it's the better one for tightening and wrinkles-I am not as worried about marks,tags or discoloration. I thought that was ok to start with.. I was going to switch tot he serum one I started to adjust and see results..?
I know I am probably overreacting- PMS Laughing
My face isn't too too bad but my neck is worrying me most...

Pollyanna - you should be fine with SS Cream. I know lots of people oh Skin Biology that use it under their eyes without problems.
Also GHK cream and serum are gentle - I love these - especially the cream. I use both of the SS products also.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 10:02 am      Reply with quote
I want to report that the wrinkle under my eye is gone..as I have given my skin a break for cp's for a few days. I was using super GHK..then I use sscream and solution one in a.m. the other p.m. and two time tightener.
as for our new cp user? I think you've started too strong and your face is reacting to that. Halt the use of all of it for a few days..or until you see your face go back to normal. In fact, it should actually look a little tighter. Then go back to using just skin signals CREAM and take the weekend off (two days). The solution is too strong. Look at the product guide. I'd start using that after going through one bottle of ss cream...and I'd use it every other day for a while. btw..it took my months to start seeing a really great improvment. But I didn't start on skin signals cream. I started on cp serum.
Pollyanna
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:14 am      Reply with quote
thanks all for your helpful and quick replies Smile Hotdocgirl I'm not sure if you're talking to me as new CP user but i just said was using the SS cream not serum..Wink
But when I do halt everything I guess that means the lacsal too which I have been constantly using.

I'll see what kind of tweaks I can make.. Smile

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:17 am      Reply with quote
pollyanna,
Sorry if I might have missed this.. but how much do you apply?
I use skin signals cream also - about a dime size amount for entire face, neck and chest.
No uglies (yet....)

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:32 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
pollyanna,
Sorry if I might have missed this.. but how much do you apply?
I use skin signals cream also - about a dime size amount for entire face, neck and chest.
No uglies (yet....)

just the bare minimum really- a thin layer to cover the face... I think if I pull back a few days here and there the face might get good but not sure on the neck.. Sad
I just feel so weird putting aha's and exfoliater( the LACSAL) on the thin skin of the neck. Isn't that why they tell you not to brush your neck because the skin is more delicate there??

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:37 am      Reply with quote
lacsal is very gentle... the ph is around 3.5.
However, your skin may be sensitive to either the salicylic or lactic acid?? What I would do is eliminate *either* the CPs or the LacSal for a few days. Then, you can see where your problem is coming from (either the exfoliant or CPs)

I use skin signals cream myself. I had no issues on my face at all - but my neck and chest were red, red for about a week. I do not have that issue anymore.

I hope that helps, keep us posted.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:46 am      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
lacsal is very gentle... the ph is around 3.5.
However, your skin may be sensitive to either the salicylic or lactic acid?? What I would do is eliminate *either* the CPs or the LacSal for a few days. Then, you can see where your problem is coming from (either the exfoliant or CPs)

I use skin signals cream myself. I had no issues on my face at all - but my neck and chest were red, red for about a week. I do not have that issue anymore.

I hope that helps, keep us posted.

yeah that's a good idea - I should try just eliminating the lacsal separately too. Though I do think it helped when I took a day off the CP's. Funny though -I have been using the CP's on my body every day (P & R cream) but not with any Lacsal just with bodybrushing 12 hrs apart and I haven't experienced any problems there- looks pretty good I think.
I was thinking maybe I should be using the Squalene or emu oil to help things along but I figured SS cream being a cream I shouldn't need that additionally. Too many costs!

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 11:49 am      Reply with quote
if you have no issues on your body (using CPs) then it really may be the lacSal. Quite a few people can not tolerate salicylic acid.

Also wanted to add, I use Skin Signals cream M-F only. 2 day break with NO actives/exfoliators at all.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
if you have no issues on your body (using CPs) then it really may be the lacSal. Quite a few people can not tolerate salicylic acid.

Also wanted to add, I use Skin Signals cream M-F only. 2 day break with NO actives/exfoliators at all.

oh how interesting...
I was under the impression the only way to make the CP's effective was too make sure to use that with them. Should I be using the Exfol instead since it's just aha's or just nothing like you do you think? With my body I body brush and that's fine but my face i guess i could just use my tresonics, just again don't know about neck..? Maybe just the SS cream alone there then..
I have to do another big order soon so I best be sure what to get..! I thought after a full bottle of SS I should be moving up to the SS serum for the summer to hike things up a notch but I don't know... :/

erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 12:11 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry, I should clarify about my routine.

M-F - I use CPs in the morning *and* LacSal at night
Weekends: oils only - this is my break time.

Yes, you should include some type of exfoliation with CPs to reap the most benefits. Be sure though to use at the opposite time of day that you use any CP with GHK (like Skin Signals Cream). Experiment to see what type of exfoliation works best for you. LacSal works great for me, but glycolic acid did not.

I would wait until your irritation dies down before making your next order.

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 12, 2011 1:11 pm      Reply with quote
erg wrote:
Sorry, I should clarify about my routine.

M-F - I use CPs in the morning *and* LacSal at night
Weekends: oils only - this is my break time.

Yes, you should include some type of exfoliation with CPs to reap the most benefits. Be sure though to use at the opposite time of day that you use any CP with GHK (like Skin Signals Cream). Experiment to see what type of exfoliation works best for you. LacSal works great for me, but glycolic acid did not.

I would wait until your irritation dies down before making your next order.

I see thanks for clarifying- I misread!
I do use the Lacsal at opposite times of day I just do the reverse with CP's at night and lacsal in morning. So if salicyclic acid is the culprit for me it would make sense to go with the new Lactic Power 10 I suppose instead because it says it's the alternative to those with a skin sensitivity to salicylic acid. Too bad it's the priciest option Sad

gretchen
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
I've just about finished my first container of CP Serum, lasted 11 months, really an economical product & effective. Am going to start the Super CP Serum over the summer. Anyway was wondering about CPs & zinc sunscreen---will the zinc break the CP down even if used at different times of the day? The zinc sunscreens people rave about all have 14-15%+ zinc which is a lot. The SB people said to put a layer of oil on before the zinc to keep the skin from absorbing the zinc. I'm reading so much good about zinc & how much more UVA it reflects plus it's photostable.
sister sweets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Apply the CP Serum at night; use the sunscreen you like during the day gretchen... Or get the day cover from Skin Biology and use that over it if you use CP during the day. I did that last summer and I love it - plus I know I'm doing something really good for me skin vs just a physical sunscreen (which is good but the bonus of CP's is what I like).

For anyone wanting to use Retin a - here is what I've been doing and advocated on the Skin Biology thread by many other users in this fashion:
Clean face:Apply Retin A - I let it settle in while I turn out lights, call the cat in ... you know... 10 minutes later apply Skin Signals serum. I also sometime use TTT and then the Baobob or marula oil over that. Just depends on what's up with the old skin that night.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 14, 2011 10:33 pm      Reply with quote
I called Skinbiology and they told me that since I use Retin A only every other night - to use that alone and on the next night use only the Super CP Serum with a skin oil on top. I would think that when my skin is used to the CP I will be able to use both together.

Thank you for the advice!
melanie haber
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 15, 2011 8:14 pm      Reply with quote
gretchen wrote:
I've just about finished my first container of CP Serum, lasted 11 months, really an economical product & effective. Am going to start the Super CP Serum over the summer. Anyway was wondering about CPs & zinc sunscreen---will the zinc break the CP down even if used at different times of the day? The zinc sunscreens people rave about all have 14-15%+ zinc which is a lot. The SB people said to put a layer of oil on before the zinc to keep the skin from absorbing the zinc. I'm reading so much good about zinc & how much more UVA it reflects plus it's photostable.

gretchen, what is the concern regarding skin absorbing zinc oxide? I didn't know that was a worry except maybe if it's micronized or something.

?
erg
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 4:42 am      Reply with quote
Melanie,
Some CP users have reported increased pore size when using zinc and CPs at the same time. That is why you either use at opposite ends of the day or apply something that acts as a barrier between the CP and the zinc.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:16 am      Reply with quote
I think cp's work.. But they are very complicated. I find it has taken trial and error to find what which of SB products work best for me. And that process does cost some money. The entire sunscreen thing makes my head spin on top of all the other confusing information on Skin Biology. I read on the forum there that pore size doesn't get bigger..but the zinc can render the cp's useless. With that said..there are times my skin has looked worse on cp's..it was just part of the process. I can see where some women would complain that their pores got bigger. My most recent observation is that my skin is tighter..and lifted..but my skin texture is not great like it used to be when I was doing Obaji. Now I'm figuring out do I wait longer and see if the texture is the last thing to kick in on cp's? Or do I somehow mix Obaji back into my routine. (sigh) so much! lol
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 16, 2011 7:49 am      Reply with quote
hotdocgirl wrote:
I read on the forum there that pore size doesn't get bigger..but the zinc can render the cp's useless.

I had not heard that before that the zinc renders CP's useless! Sorry if I asked this before, hotdocgirl, but what sunscreen are you using with the CP's?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 2:58 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |