Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 3:36 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
...... I did have something happen today that blew me away. I thought I had a splinter on my hand because that's what it looked like until I squeezed it. IT WAS A BLACK HEAD!!!! Unbelievable, never had one on my hand(s) in my life that I remember.

Frodo, Did you wear your glasses? Are you sure it's not a splinter? Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Kims,
Works very well on chest and arms. Also, if you have those bumps (keratosis) on the backs of your arms, it's great for that! Mine were gone in three days.

Shock Wonderbar - I have Solar Keratosis all over my chest - will it work on those? They're so bad that sometimes they bleed but I've already been treating them with a High Frequency device and they've improved allot.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 6:33 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Frodo wrote:
...... I did have something happen today that blew me away. I thought I had a splinter on my hand because that's what it looked like until I squeezed it. IT WAS A BLACK HEAD!!!! Unbelievable, never had one on my hand(s) in my life that I remember.

Frodo, Did you wear your glasses? Are you sure it's not a splinter? Bad Grin Bad Grin Bad Grin

Have we met? Yes, I do wear glasses. After I took it out I left it on my hand and looked at it thru a 10X mirror to make sure. Shock

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 7:56 pm      Reply with quote
Hmmmm - I'm getting more and more interested in this product (I have more than a fair share of blackheads that need to jump out like that!)

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 13, 2010 8:53 pm      Reply with quote
Before I use the WB I wash first with water using Nanci's microfiber cloth. Is anyone else doing it this way? I love that cloth so much that it is "my favorite" beauty item above all else and the least expensive too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:20 am      Reply with quote
I have been reading the wonderbar blog and I read on the site that if you wear make-up or have worn make-up for years, the healing crisis may be worse for those people. I am curious for those of you who are having the "healing crisis" (I have no sign of anything other than dryness that doesn't last but 5 minutes after rinsing the bar off), do you wear make-up?
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:21 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
Hmmmm - I'm getting more and more interested in this product (I have more than a fair share of blackheads that need to jump out like that!)

Foxe, you may want to try. It helps tremendously with unclogging pores. I still use my CP's/Emu/Retin-A/Hydroxys, but once a day in the evening WB is helping to purify my skin. On Retin-A nights I use WB in the AM.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:29 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
I have been reading the wonderbar blog and I read on the site that if you wear make-up or have worn make-up for years, the healing crisis may be worse for those people. I am curious for those of you who are having the "healing crisis" (I have no sign of anything other than dryness that doesn't last but 5 minutes after rinsing the bar off), do you wear make-up?

So Riley are you seeing any positive improvements with continued use? Maybe you are either a late bloomer or just won't have the healing crisis? I am really watching to see what happens for everyone using the WB. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Apr 14, 2010 6:47 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,
Hi. Instead of thinking of the Wonderbar as a product that does a million things, which sounds totally bogus, think of it as a product that HEALS, balances and detoxifies. All of the benefits are rooted in these three things, but one without the other two doesn't mean as much. I got a call yesterday from the sweetest woman and she was calling because she has had a mole/growth type thing on her chest for many years. She has tried everything to make it go away. She was not using the Wonderbar purposely for this, but just using it on her chest for brown spots. She looked down the other day and it was gone. I've heard this before enough times where now I think, why not try the wonderbar on any skin condition? It can't hurt and it might help a lot. I put it on a cut on my thumb last night because it was hurting and this morning it is closed and scabbed. Try it and let me know how it works on your condition! I'm very curious.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 8:54 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:

So Riley are you seeing any positive improvements with continued use? Maybe you are either a late bloomer or just won't have the healing crisis? I am really watching to see what happens for everyone using the WB. Smile

Not yet (other than the lightening of the 1 spot on my left cheek).
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:

Not yet (other than the lightening of the 1 spot on my left cheek).

I am beginning to think your skin has oppositional disorder, JOKING! LOL I hope you just take a bit longer! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:

I do wear make-up Riley - won't go out without it as a matter of fact. But I also have somewhat sensitive skin.

I can't get over how dirty my arms are looking compared to my hands. I took some pictures but don't know if I'm brave enough to post them, because my hands/arms are boney and have lots of moles and veins - in a word, ugly.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 10:06 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

I do wear make-up Riley - won't go out without it as a matter of fact. But I also have somewhat sensitive skin.

Thanks, Skippie. I guess I was trying to see if there is a pattern on this forum with someone who wears make-up daily and has a severe "healing crisis" versus non-make-up users!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:

Thanks, Skippie. I guess I was trying to see if there is a pattern on this forum with someone who wears make-up daily and has a severe "healing crisis" versus non-make-up users!

I am having a severe healing crisis today (extremely red) and I NEVER wear makeup, i.e. foundation. I do my eyes and put a bit of blush on when I dress up which is ever so often. My HB interrupted me last night with an accounting question and I ended up leaving the WB on way too long. I can't even imagine leaving this stuff on over night. If this happens again I am going to tell my HB if it can't wait it will cost him a new pair of shoes. Smile

5% products discount

Wed Apr 14, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
No real patterns. Just depends on the skin and sometimes people who wear a lot of makeup and powder have worse healing crises, but that depends on the makeup, and other general skin maintenance issues. Everybody is different and you can't predict what you will go through. The only thing you can predict with any certainty is that if you stay consistent and use as directed, you will get through the adjustment phase and come out on the other end with more balanced, even-toned, healthier skin. Also I'm sure there are exceptions to that- and I'm sure they're on this forum! Wink
ONLY kidding. I'm beginning to really become attached to you guys- like a soap opera or something!! Smile)
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:05 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

I am having a severe healing crisis today (extremely red) and I NEVER wear makeup, i.e. foundation. I do my eyes and put a bit of blush on when I dress up which is ever so often. My HB interrupted me last night with an accounting question and I ended up leaving the WB on way too long. I can't even imagine leaving this stuff on over night. If this happens again I am going to tell my HB if it can't wait it will cost him a new pair of shoes. Smile

Interesting, Frodo. Thanks for the feedback. I guess that blew that theory!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:08 pm      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
No real patterns. Just depends on the skin and sometimes people who wear a lot of makeup and powder have worse healing crises, but that depends on the makeup, and other general skin maintenance issues. Everybody is different and you can't predict what you will go through. The only thing you can predict with any certainty is that if you stay consistent and use as directed, you will get through the adjustment phase and come out on the other end with more balanced, even-toned, healthier skin. Also I'm sure there are exceptions to that- and I'm sure they're on this forum! Wink
ONLY kidding. I'm beginning to really become attached to you guys- like a soap opera or something!! Smile)

Thanks, Wonderbar!

I am almost jealous I am not having a healing crisis! Laughing
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 12:16 pm      Reply with quote
This is a see saw ride on the sidelines trying to decide if and when to take the plunge and purchase. So many different responses on skin reaction so far it has my head spinning! Confused

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
.........I am almost jealous I am not having a healing crisis! Laughing

I know how you feel, same here. Mad Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad My face feels a little raw today and my cheeks and the melasma areas are pinkish. I don't know if this is from the WB or my washing cloth.

I'm having a college reunion (30years) next week and hopefully my healing crisis starts after that.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 14, 2010 7:42 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

I know how you feel, same here. Mad Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad Mad Crying or Very sad My face feels a little raw today and my cheeks and the melasma areas are pinkish. I don't know if this is from the WB or my washing cloth.

I'm having a college reunion (30years) next week and hopefully my healing crisis starts after that.

I haven't paid attention to any pinkness in my skin, but I will check for it tomorrow. I more focus on my age spots and that is what I am always checking on for improvement or not!

I am not sure if this is a "healing crisis" or not, but tonight I left the bar on for maybe 10-15 minutes, which is a lot longer than usual for me. My skin was excessively dry tonight after I rinsed and I had this horrible look under my left eye. I can't really describe it other than to say a pretty big sized area of puckered skin extending down from my undereye area! I slapped on some moisturizer under my eye when I saw that.

I had a thought about the healing crisis and wondered how many of you exfoliate regularly. StarModel isn't having any healing crisis that I have heard her report, and I know she exfoliates. I exfoliate very regularly with Retin A, peels, etc. So the ones who aren't really having a "healing crisis" other than dryness, how often do you exfoliate your skin? Maybe those of us who regularly exfoliate won't have much of anything other than dryness?
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 10:45 am      Reply with quote
Latest from my end, my face today looks reddish in certain areas but not dry. Skin tone in general looks icky; pimples are gone as well as a cyst. My age spots look a tad bit lighter. Wonder if this is part of the healing...

5% products discount

Thu Apr 15, 2010 12:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi
Be really careful about exfoliating while in the beginning phase of using the bar. The bar is an exfoliate and if you do extra, it can be way to much and make your skin irritated and raw. Like removing a scab before it is ready and so it doesn't heal naturally, but is set back....
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 1:48 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
MACrisis wrote:

I haven't paid attention to any pinkness in my skin, but I will check for it tomorrow. I more focus on my age spots and that is what I am always checking on for improvement or not!

I am not sure if this is a "healing crisis" or not, but tonight I left the bar on for maybe 10-15 minutes, which is a lot longer than usual for me. My skin was excessively dry tonight after I rinsed and I had this horrible look under my left eye. I can't really describe it other than to say a pretty big sized area of puckered skin extending down from my undereye area! I slapped on some moisturizer under my eye when I saw that.

I had a thought about the healing crisis and wondered how many of you exfoliate regularly. StarModel isn't having any healing crisis that I have heard her report, and I know she exfoliates. I exfoliate very regularly with Retin A, peels, etc. So the ones who aren't really having a "healing crisis" other than dryness, how often do you exfoliate your skin? Maybe those of us who regularly exfoliate won't have much of anything other than dryness?

My eyes had (not as bad now) that puckered look, Riley. I'm not exfoliating now - and in fact have discontinued Osmosis Renew for now - but did before I used the wonderbar.

Today, the corners of my mouth are very red.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:11 pm      Reply with quote
So far so good for me. Very Happy I am still using once a day (5 mins only) along with my other products.

It is really cleaning out my pores. I follow with my CPs & Emu Oil and I have no redness, dryness or irritation. A few flakies, but that is part of the refining.

I can see that my pores are refining which is exactly what I was looking for.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 15, 2010 2:26 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:

My eyes had (not as bad now) that puckered look, Riley. I'm not exfoliating now - and in fact have discontinued Osmosis Renew for now - but did before I used the wonderbar.

Today, the corners of my mouth are very red.

Thank you, Skippie. I have never seen my skin look like that, so it was a little disconcerting!

BTW, I am not exfoliating while using the Wonderbar. I have only used the Wonderbar and sunscreen. I was talking previous to using the Wonderbar about the exfoliation. I have even stopped my beloved RA since starting the bar, but I am missing it and don't like to stay off RA for too long. I thought that peoples possible exfoliation "prior to using the bar" might make a difference to those of us who really aren't having anything happening.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:51 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |