Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Tia2010
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Regarding the redness/rosacea. Yes, I had mild rosacea, as did my mom, and the Wonderbar has eliminated it. When I was on Obagi prior to starting with the Wonderbar, I had large pores, mild rosacea, oily tzone and thin skin. I was on the hunt for mattifying and pore reducing products- in addition to my Obagi regimen. It was just too much. I started the Wonderbar the day after I finished up the Obagi, so no problem going straight into it. Many Obagi users claim less of a healing crisis due to the use of the retin-a, which exfoliates your skin.
I found right away with Wonderbar that my pores were minimized, skin balanced and redness gone....not to mention my skin feels "thicker".
Rileygirl, I don't know that there is any extra benefit to leaving the product on. Some people just can't....I did from the beginning. I have noticed that sleeping in it can bring on the healing crisis fast and furious. Sleeping in it overnight long-term, once you are adjusted, can cause blackheads from leaving the product on and not exfoliating that skin off, which naturally occurs each time you rinse the product off.

Thank you Smile I guess after I finish my 18 weeks on Obagi, I will try wonderbar. My main issue with my skin has always been the redness and unevenness. So anything that will reduce /eliminate that , I am willing to give it a go.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:00 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
Many Obagi users claim less of a healing crisis due to the use of the retin-a, which exfoliates your skin.

Riley - I wonder if this is why you've not experienced much in the healing crisis. Were you not using Retin A before? I know Star Model was and she's not having the crisis (plus her use of CPs has probably also helped)

Any other Retin A/retinoid users out there not having much in terms of a crisis?

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
wonderbar wrote:
Many Obagi users claim less of a healing crisis due to the use of the retin-a, which exfoliates your skin.

Riley - I wonder if this is why you've not experienced much in the healing crisis. Were you not using Retin A before? I know Star Model was and she's not having the crisis (plus her use of CPs has probably also helped)

Any other Retin A/retinoid users out there not having much in terms of a crisis?

I had the same though, Foxe. I asked earlier in this thread how many people exfoliated regularly with acids, Retin A, etc. (prior to beginning the Wonderbar) but I don't remember getting many replies. I did remember Star Model using acids and Retin A with no healing crisis, which definitely makes me think this definitely plays some role.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
My skin is pretty raw feeling today after using the WB twice yesterday, so I can relate. I am going back to using it once per day...pain really isn't on my list of acceptable side effects! Very Happy

Using the WB once a day (at night) is definitely more agreeable with my skin...no rawness this morning, and my zits are finally drying up. But I am leaving it on longer (like 15 mins) since I'm only using it 1x a day.

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
I used Retin-a a few times a week for months before starting WB. I stopped it when I started WB and have not added it back in. I also have a Dermasound facial once a month that exfoliates. I did not have much of a healing crisis and with my skin I fully expected the worst. Two small blemishes surfaced and quickly healed, got a dry patch under my eye where I have melasma that sloughed off in a couple days and I experienced about 10 days of drier than normal under eye skin (but nothing a little coconut oil couldn't fix). I've been using the WB for 6 weeks. I did add in Osmosis Catalyst one week after starting WB and noticed some congested pores but it was temporary. I continue to use both products and am quite pleased.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you, Shelly. Did you continue with your Dermasound facial while on the WB?

Is the Catalyst the only product other than the WB you have used during the last 6 weeks?
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:13 pm      Reply with quote
Riley, I'm now experiencing some of that sandpaper flesh you mentioned, but will NOT be using any scrub!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 19, 2010 9:21 pm      Reply with quote
FYI...I am now using the SAS Every Lipid Serum (ELS) at night after the WB.

Increased exfoliation and the impact on the skin barrier always concerns me, and SAS ELS is one of the very few products I have found that contain the ingredients to repair the skin barrier (lipid mixture of ceramides, cholesterol, and free fatty acids).* Nia24 is the only other moisturizer I will use for that reason.

Link to SAS Every Lipid Serum:
http://www.skinactives.com/product/detail.aspx?prodID=39

Ingredients
Squalane and Olea Europea (olive) fruit extract, Rosa rubiginosa (rosehip) seed oil, Punica granatum (pomegranate) seed oil, Lecithin, Cholesterol Oleyl Carbonate and Cholesteryl Nanoate and Cholesteryl Chloride, Punica granatum (pomegranate) Seed Oil and Astaxanthin and Tocotrienols and Lycopene and alpha D-Tocopherol and Thioctic Acid and Lutein and beta Carotene, Phytosterols, Ceramide-3.

*as read in: Chronic inflammation is etiology of extrinsic aging
Carl R Thornfeldt, MD, FAAD

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 5:11 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Riley, I'm now experiencing some of that sandpaper flesh you mentioned, but will NOT be using any scrub!

LOL! Don't use a scrub, and if you have a Clarisonic do not use it! I used the Clarisonic last night and thought my skin had been ripped from my face - it hurt that badly. I have definitely learned about the "over exfoliation" and I won't make that mistake again! On a high note, all my pimples are gone and my face doesn't burn any longer (or look like a tomato!).
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:37 am      Reply with quote
Today my skin is looking a lot better, much clearer, no pimples, even some milia are gone (my chin). I love this bar, I'm about to toss out all the other cleansers I own too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
My face is not as dry as last week but my sis-in-law said "You don't look good to your college reunion." Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I have 4 days to look better.........

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 9:59 am      Reply with quote
To all the girls trying the wonderbar right now...( and/or Tiffany) a few more questions...

What about sunscreen? Are you allowed to use that right away with wonderbar or is that a no no ? I know you [Tiffany] said not to use other things with it at first , to wait about six weeks or so before adding other serums and moisturizers back in to your routine....but I wasn't sure if that included sunscreen. Oh , and eye creams? Is that a no no at the beginning too?

Also , since wonderbar is considered an exfoliater (among other things) I am assuming I shouldn't be getting any microdermabrasions or laser treatments or facials while on it , correct? So how long do you have to be off the bar before you can get those procedures done , and then how long do you wait before you go back on it?

Oh and eyebrow waxing... I know on Obagi you can't wax...how about while on wonderbar?

I know , I know ....I ask way too many questions...my teachers use to hate to see my hand go up Rolling Eyes
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:00 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
My face is not as dry as last week but my sis-in-law said "You don't look good to your college reunion." Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad Crying or Very sad I have 4 days to look better.........

What a shame MACrisis - but 4 days is a long time in the life of the wonderbar - at least that's what I've found. Like WhiteWolf, my skin is looking so much better and that's just happened today and yesterday. Even the back of my neck looks much better today than it did yesterday and that's where I've experienced the worst of the healing crisis. I'll keep my fingers crossed that your skin gets over it. Maybe if it hasn't, you can discontinue using the WB a couple of days before the reunion.
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 10:25 am      Reply with quote
rileygirl,

I've had one Dermasound facial since starting WB and skin did not react nearly as bad (red) as when on Retin-a. As for other products, I briefly continued with Glymed Stem Cell Serum after starting Catalyst but ditched it a few weeks back. Using Osmosis Catalyst 2x/day. About once a week I take a colostrum capsule (made for swallowing) and mix the powder with water and use as an overnight mask. Only other things right now are Avene 50+ sunscreen daily (melasma), non-mineral based face powder, coconut oil under eyes.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:43 am      Reply with quote
shelly wrote:
rileygirl,

I've had one Dermasound facial since starting WB and skin did not react nearly as bad (red) as when on Retin-a. As for other products, I briefly continued with Glymed Stem Cell Serum after starting Catalyst but ditched it a few weeks back. Using Osmosis Catalyst 2x/day. About once a week I take a colostrum capsule (made for swallowing) and mix the powder with water and use as an overnight mask. Only other things right now are Avene 50+ sunscreen daily (melasma), non-mineral based face powder, coconut oil under eyes.

Thanks so much, Shelly. Just 1 more question if you don't mind, how long do you leave the WB on?

That is amazing that you were still able to do the Dermasound. I tried a scub (at home), and the Clarisonic and OMG, my face looks horrible today!
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:45 am      Reply with quote
Tia2010 wrote:
To all the girls trying the wonderbar right now...( and/or Tiffany) a few more questions...

What about sunscreen? Are you allowed to use that right away with wonderbar or is that a no no ? I know you [Tiffany] said not to use other things with it at first , to wait about six weeks or so before adding other serums and moisturizers back in to your routine....but I wasn't sure if that included sunscreen. Oh , and eye creams? Is that a no no at the beginning too?

Also , since wonderbar is considered an exfoliater (among other things) I am assuming I shouldn't be getting any microdermabrasions or laser treatments or facials while on it , correct? So how long do you have to be off the bar before you can get those procedures done , and then how long do you wait before you go back on it?

Oh and eyebrow waxing... I know on Obagi you can't wax...how about while on wonderbar?

I know , I know ....I ask way too many questions...my teachers use to hate to see my hand go up Rolling Eyes

You should wear sunscreen Every day, and the WB people definitely encourage that. All that is recommended with the WB until the "healing crisis" is over is moisturizer and sunscreen. Plain moisturizer - no actives in it.

Have you checked out the Wonderbar site. Tiffany has a blog and she has a lot of information on it.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:

Here's hoping you improve quickly! My skin looks like crap today. Sad
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:03 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl...I leave WB on anywhere from 5-15 minutes depending on if I get sidetracked or not. Oh, I forgot to mention..I have also reintroduced and used the Clarisonic a few times in the past couple weeks and no complaints. Wasn't really able to tolerate regular use of it while on retin-a and I missed it. Very light pressure, cleanser with lots of slip and not more than 45 seconds. Don't really think I need it though and am afraid of irritating and possibly aggravating hyperpigmentation if I keep using so may put her back under the sink and pull out only occasionally. I sometimes feel like WB doesn't get all sunscreen, makeup off and just feel like I need a good cleaning.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:30 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Skippie and Rileygirl.

I actually think my face looked better today but if I smile or laugh, OMG, I don't even know how to describe all of those wrinkles around my eyes and cheek bones ..... Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock

I have to fly 14 hours tonight, arrive Taiwan Thursday around 6:00am, go to Ma Yo Yo's concert that night. Go to a funeral early Friday morning and college reunion Saturday Brunch. Anybody think I'll look good with this hectic schedule??

Skippie, you need to keep your toes crossed for me too!!!

5% products discount

Tue Apr 20, 2010 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, you can use sunscreen (plain physical sunblock) moisturizers (something plain only meant to hold moisture in the skin) and eye cream...again, plain. You can use them right away...and I encourage you to..hold off on getting any treatments until you are at least six weeks in, and then, only if you have totally adjusted to the product with no dryness or breakouts. Waxing is totally fine...in fact, a little Wonderbar on that freshly waxed skin helps to heal the irritation (and a little secret- a little wonderbar on bikini line after shaving is incredible! no more bumps or burn) Smile
hope that helps...
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 20, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Just read on facebook that the Wonderbar is coming out with a "moisturizer"? Any information on this?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:59 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
Thanks Skippie and Rileygirl.

I actually think my face looked better today but if I smile or laugh, OMG, I don't even know how to describe all of those wrinkles around my eyes and cheek bones ..... Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock Shock

I have to fly 14 hours tonight, arrive Taiwan Thursday around 6:00am, go to Ma Yo Yo's concert that night. Go to a funeral early Friday morning and college reunion Saturday Brunch. Anybody think I'll look good with this hectic schedule??

Skippie, you need to keep your toes crossed for me too!!!

Wow, MACrisis. There's no way I could look good with that schedule. I've got my toes crossed too.
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
Today (Wednesday) April 21st. is my 14th day. Monday and Tuesday my face was looking good, no redness or sandpaper skin, felt good about how things were going with the WB. Today I look like crap, actually worse than crap. Red face, these white things that are not zits, wrinkles magnified and saggy skin. I look 10 years older that’s for sure. Bummer of a day; wanted to stay inside but had to go into town. I kept my head down as much as possible and left my sunglasses on even indoors. The way I feel right now I just may let my face rest for a couple of days. Thanks for listening, I just had to rant. I wish ranting would make me feel better. Sad

5% products discount

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
How would one use wonderbar at night? I wear sunscreen during the day. So would I use my normal oil cleaner to remove sunscreen and then put on wonderbar?
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 21, 2010 5:34 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sorry, Frodo. I hear you though. I feel like I look 10 years older, as well. Here's hoping we all look better Very soon.
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |