Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 12:23 am      Reply with quote
If you are looking for another seaweed soap,
Mario Badescu has a seaweek line that is affordable.

I only got samples of it or a travel size bonus and it happen to have Seaweed cleanser and seaweed "cleansing lotion" or toner.

Their seaweed soap is liquid and has seaweed powder? I think and bits of actual seaweed in it too.
It does not foam and it has made my skin feel less dry.
Seems like a good soap for sensitive skin.
I doubt it would peel anything as it is very gentle and does not even really "scrub" with the seaweed.
Will probably buy some when I run out.

Their seaweed toner, is nice. Good for dry skin and skin felt less dry during the day.
Don't really 'need" the toner but itfeels very nice!

they have a seaweed night cream that is nice too. I only tried a sample and an eventually going to buy it.

their products smell very nice and "oceany" kind of not a strong scent though.
These were the first products I thought of with "seaweed" as they are sitting by the sin in the bathroom Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 5:07 am      Reply with quote
I've just finished week 3 of using WB, and the irritation on my neck lessens everyday. Once I got over some rough and red spot on my face, I haven't had any more problems there.

I would note that Tiffany said to give the healing crisis six weeks. It sort of reminds me of CPs - why stop when you bring up the damage instead of seeing it through? In fact, I think it's ironic that someone who is a major CP advocate stopped using the WB as soon as some pimples showed up.

And I think it's a wonder - no pun intended - that Tiffany came back and answered questions as long as she did when it was pretty obvious that some people were asking questions merely to criticize her answers. Everytime a vendor comes on when they see their product mentioned, I just want to immediately warn them to stay away, because there's a 99% chance it's gonna get ugly. Maybe it wouldn't bother me so much if the people doing it ACTUALLY USED THE PRODUCTS THEY'RE CRITICIZING!!!

If I listened to everyone with a Chicken Little complex, I'd never try anything and consequently, would never find the products I have that seem to be working for me.
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 7:35 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
It sort of reminds me of CPs - why stop when you bring up the damage instead of seeing it through?

And I think it's a wonder - no pun intended - that Tiffany came back and answered questions as long as she did when it was pretty obvious that some people were asking questions merely to criticize her answers.

If I listened to everyone with a Chicken Little complex, I'd never try anything and consequently, would never find the products I have that seem to be working for me.

I think people stop when they are having a reaction to a product. "Bringing up damage" (I don't believe in this), or whatever you want to call it, I do not feel is necessarily a good thing. I don't feel a product should cause reactions like that.

When a manufacturer comes on this board because they have seen their product mentioned, they should be able to answer the questions they are asked, whether the questions or scientific or not.

You are right, if people believe and listen to every scare, we might as well just lay down a die because something is always going to kill us. However, it is nice to have intelligent discussions on products so we can each make our own informed decision on what we feel comfortable with using and/or going through for a product.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 8:55 pm      Reply with quote
I'm using the WB on a burn mark and also on my son's cheek where he has a bad case of eczema. My burn is on my arm, it's small, and now has turned crusty brown which means it'll flake right off tomorrow or Saturday. Also using it on a deep scratch I got too. Whatever is in this, I don't doubt it's healing ability. I'm very accident prone too, so I'm going to order the largest size next.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 9:32 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
Skippie wrote:
It sort of reminds me of CPs - why stop when you bring up the damage instead of seeing it through?

And I think it's a wonder - no pun intended - that Tiffany came back and answered questions as long as she did when it was pretty obvious that some people were asking questions merely to criticize her answers.

I think people stop when they are having a reaction to a product. "Bringing up damage" (I don't believe in this), or whatever you want to call it, I do not feel is necessarily a good thing. I don't feel a product should cause reactions like that.

I think a lot of people stop because in the biological realm there's no such thing as "bringing up damage". What people are going through is merely a reaction to the product (similar to the one that people go when they use Obagi or Retin-A).

For some people, especially those with tough skin, going through that reaction is not so bad. For others with more sensitive skin, going through that over something that really does not have a lot of evidence regarding it's effectiveness is not worth the hassle. This especially because if you have reactive skin those reactions can last for a long time and have long-lasting consequences to the skin.

But fortunately people who have tougher skin can be more adventurous... others are not so lucky Sad

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
spence
5% products discount

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:24 pm      Reply with quote
I'm thinking of stopping. LOVE what it's done for my pores. But something is really irritating my mouth area.

The irritation begins when I wash it off. Antiseptic sort of ingredients migrate to my mouth area for some reason.

Will be using this as a deep cleanse mask a few times a month. It cleaned out my pores more than anything has in a long time!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 29, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
spence wrote:
Will be using this as a deep cleanse mask a few times a month. It cleaned out my pores more than anything has in a long time!

Ditto. But it dried out my skin in most areas way more than I am comfortable with...I still have wrinkles from the dehydration, even though I quit well over a week ago. Crying or Very sad

I'll use up mine just on my nose and chin, and probably only use it once a month max.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 10:56 am      Reply with quote
Well if no one wants their WB, I'll take it, hehe. I guess it works for some and not for others. Sad

Anyone still continuing with it?

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 30, 2010 11:07 am      Reply with quote
I've been using the WB for over 10 weeks now and I love it!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 1:35 pm      Reply with quote
One EDS member said using WB helped her syringoma. At first, I thought that’s impossible but found mine smaller but more pointed. I did not put WB too close to my eyes at first but now I put them closer to cover all my syringoma. I checked my syrinogoma today and found them smaller and flatter. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you have the same problem, WB might be a good product to try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 3:38 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
One EDS member said using WB helped her syringoma. At first, I thought that’s impossible but found mine smaller but more pointed. I did not put WB too close to my eyes at first but now I put them closer to cover all my syringoma. I checked my syrinogoma today and found them smaller and flatter. Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy

If you have the same problem, WB might be a good product to try.

Do you think that it is from the exfoliation? I have a friend with syringoma and will recommend this to her if you do have results.

BTW, do you know that yours is definitely syringoma? (as opposed to milia)

5% products discount

Tue May 04, 2010 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
I had a bit of luck reducing the size and number of Syringoma with the Wonderbar.

I have now started using the Palacia HF machine and the combination of the two are really reducing the Syringoma. Using the HF near your eye is a little scary. I lay my finger under the bad area and gently stretch it downward then very carefully zap the area. My eyes tend to water and afterwards the area becomes a little dry and red. I like to add Metro gel and Squalene oil after the treatment.

I am planning on adding CP to the area to finish the little creepers off. I have not decided how I am going to use the Wonderbar and CP's together, any suggestions? Question
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Do you think that it is from the exfoliation? I have a friend with syringoma and will recommend this to her if you do have results.

I’m sure they are syringoma. I've never exfoliated the skin under my eyes but personally I don't think exfoliation help the appearance of syringoma. After 4 weeks WB use, my syringoma are smaller and flatter. I don't know why or how WB helped.

I have both milia and syringoma. I had my syringoma treated 20 years ago by my derm using electric pen. I was young and it healed in 10 days. Unfortunately, they came back 10 years later. I had them treated again 2 years ago. My new derm was very careful, he only did my right side. My platelet count is low, so, I had about 20 red dots under my right eyes for almost 2 months. Yes, 2 months. I don’t want to do my left side now because my blood sugar is high. I don’t want to have red dots for 2 months and maybe another 6 months to heal or the black/red color will never go away.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
My platelet count is low, so, I had about 20 red dots under my right eyes for almost 2 months. Yes, 2 months.

I hate that. I have low platelets, as well, and Everything leaves a mark or bruise for a Long time.

How is your skin in general after using the WB for 4 weeks, MACrisis? Any improvement in other areas?
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:11 pm      Reply with quote
rileygirl wrote:
MACrisis wrote:
My platelet count is low, so, I had about 20 red dots under my right eyes for almost 2 months. Yes, 2 months.

I hate that. I have low platelets, as well, and Everything leaves a mark or bruise for a Long time.

How is your skin in general after using the WB for 4 weeks, MACrisis? Any improvement in other areas?

One of my sis-in-law said my face is glowing. That comment is meaningless to me. One of my friends said my face is brighter. The sis-in-law who shared the WB with me said her spots are lighter. Personally, other than my syringoma I did not really see any improment. But the improvement of my syringoma is a big plus.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 04, 2010 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the update, MACrisis!
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 05, 2010 5:25 am      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
bethany wrote:

I’m sure they are syringoma. I've never exfoliated the skin under my eyes but personally I don't think exfoliation help the appearance of syringoma. After 4 weeks WB use, my syringoma are smaller and flatter. I don't know why or how WB helped.

I don't know how WB acts, or if this is how it does it but exfoliation (incl. dermabrasion) are treatments for syringoma (and hyperpigmentation).

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Hermosa
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 1:52 pm      Reply with quote
My tepezcohuite soap arrived from Mexico yesterday. Too early to see results but my skin felt great after using it, and the price is right. If you look online (it's spelled a few ways) there's a lot of info about it being a miracle skin product. If only one of those miracles works for me, I'll be ecstatic.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 06, 2010 2:46 pm      Reply with quote
Hermosa wrote:
My tepezcohuite soap arrived from Mexico yesterday. Too early to see results but my skin felt great after using it, and the price is right. If you look online (it's spelled a few ways) there's a lot of info about it being a miracle skin product. If only one of those miracles works for me, I'll be ecstatic.

I think you are in quite good company waiting to find that Miracle product, and at a reasonable price would be a major plus! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 10:29 am      Reply with quote
I'm really interested in this bar. I have melasma, acne and broken capillaries that are really irritating. My question does it really work??
ATester
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon May 10, 2010 4:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,
Well, darn it, I ordered yesterday the "eumora" soap, and then today I come across this post! Rolling Eyes After reading practically this whole post I'm really confused as the Eumora and the Wonderbar seem to have practically identical ingredients except maybe one... and after checking the photos of one web page and the other I see there are at least two photos that are the same face!!!
Anyhow, I'm supposed to receive the other soap in a few days, and after checking the Wonderbar link I've realised I only seem to be able to purchase it if I lived in USA, which is not the case as I live in Europe, so I guess the Eumora is the closest equivalent I could find... it promises all the same effects at least so I'll post my results, or maybe I should open another post for the Eumora? Confused
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 6:16 am      Reply with quote
I'm trying the bar - have been using it for 3 days. I have stopped all my actives this week and will decide whether to add them or not as time goes on.

My face was extremely tight and shiney after the first application and then experienced some peeling/flakiness around the mouth. I also experienced some itching. My neck seems to be having the worst reaction with regards to a healing crisis. My sensitive chest is showing redness, but no flaking. My neck has been red and getting redder with each use. It is extremely dehydrated and showing looseness and it is flaky in a few spots. On the last few uses, my face is not flaking anymore but still gets shiney.

On the good side, I am seeing smaller pores - quite smaller! I do still have oiliness, but perhaps just a bit less of it.

I am not wearing makeup and my face actually doesn't look too bad without it. I do have to coverup a few blemishes.

I have not seen a huge purging effect, which I was willing to live with (and hoping for). But, I am also seeing fewer *bumps*, so I'm not sure what to think.

Perhaps purging for my congested skin will take some time, but I'm glad my face doesn't look like my neck! I hope that doesn't last too long.

I did experiment last night w/ applying CPs on half of my neck and they improved the condition - not as red or irritated and much smoother feeling. I may continue if it is warranted, but I'd like to only use the bar for a while at first.

I am using emu oil for my moisturizer and that immediately gets rid of the flakes (but not the redness)

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 9:42 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Bethany for warning me about the healing crisis, I was already aware of it and it doesn't scare me. In any case one of the main reasons I'm wanting to try this soap is that I have really bad, awful eczema on both my hands, and I've tried tons of different creams to no avail, so I'm willing to try anything as it's already nearly a year that I've had bad hands and nothing seems to work, so I'll use the bar on may hands and face. I'll know if it does something positive to the skin because of having the eczema on my hands to begin with, if it helps that for me it would be a miracle!!
I'm hoping to receive the bar before the end of the week, I'll start using it immediately and report how my hands go. Wink
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 11, 2010 11:01 am      Reply with quote
I'm still loving my Wonderbar, first time in years I don't have any breakouts. Haven't had any more peeling or crustiness under my eyes, wrinkles look a wee bit better there now too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed May 12, 2010 6:09 am      Reply with quote
I was completely over the healing crisis by the end of week 4. I'm now finishing week 5 and still love what the WB is doing for my skin. I've added Osmosis Renew back into my routine. It's the only product I didn't use during the healing crisis. I've had nothing bad happen since I started using it again.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 11:48 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |