Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
wonderbar
5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys- I'm getting lots of alerts here! Just to clarify- eumora is made by same manufacturer, but is not made with chlorey'nahre. Wonderbar is an improved version of eumora. The others are imitations not associated with wondeaux products in any way. Eumora is only sold in Singapore and Malaysia. The others, I have no idea, but think Malaysia and singapore too. Wonderbar is sold only in USA. We opted not to set up mlm structure. All other products, including eumora, are mlms. This conversation is interesting to watch unfold. Take your time, this is not the type of product that you should buy without feeling very sure that you can commit for a while and you understand the process. Otherwise, you are wasting your time and money. I feel confident enough and have watched enough people come around, that I truly feel there should be no rush. Read all you can find, ask around. Email me if you have any questions or concerns.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:06 pm      Reply with quote
No MMU that kills it for me definitely! I wasn't convinced but that is not going to happen for me. It makes me wonder about ss with ZO and TD or just ZO being used with this?

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:33 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
No MMU that kills it for me definitely! I wasn't convinced but that is not going to happen for me. It makes me wonder about ss with ZO and TD or just ZO being used with this?

Here is what she says:

Quote:
Need to address this Mineral Powder and Wonderbar thing….
March 14th, 2010 by Tiffany

I am getting a ton of flack about recommending against the use of mineral powder in conjunction with the Wonderbar, and that perhaps I should not be doing so without backing it up with scientific data. Also, I have received complaints from a few clients who insist that I consider that it might not be ALL mineral powders; only some. I have to tell you, I’m no scientist, but I have seen this combination not work out so well, and even if it has only been a handful of times and doesn’t apply to every situation, I still feel obligated to disclose it. Trust me, using the two products together can be…..NO FUN. I am talking about the breakouts that can occur. Maybe it is not ALL mineral powders that cause this reaction when used with the bar, maybe only a few that have certain ingredients….or maybe mineral powders do clog your pores, maybe, just maybe, the wonderbar tries to pull the toxins out while the powder filling in your pores traps them in, resulting in cystic acne and infections just beneath the surface of your skin. And maybe some people are more sensitive than others….or maybe the bismuth oxychloride is causing it. WhatEVER it is, I’m going to warn you that it’s something you should watch for so you don’t think it’s some crazy allergic reaction. If I see something that concerns me, you’re hearing about it whether I have data to back it up or not. And if I’m wrong about something, I’ll correct myself……there is likely a lesson in there that we can all benefit from anyway.

SOOO, instead of saying “will cause”, I’m going to change the wording on our instructional handout to: “Please be aware that SOME types of “mineral” powders, when used in conjunction with the Wonderbar, CAN cause severe breakouts, which will impede the healing process.” (incidentally, the Wonderbar/mineral powder combo almost landed my famously dramatic sister-in-law in a wheelchair from the weight of the cyst that formed on her cheek, but that’s a story I’ll let her tell you….perhaps I’ll create a guest blogger spot?!?) OK. I hope everyone feels better now. Please make a note of the correction and let’s move forward…

Now, if you feel like you want to ignore everything I just said and decide for yourself, then keep reading…..here is a special report by Paula Begoun and Bryan Barron, two well-known experts in the skincare and cosmetics field. Keeping in mind exactly how the Wonderbar works and potential ways the two could work against each other, please consider what will be best for you. If you have been experiencing breakouts outside of the normal “adjustment period” range, read the report carefully and check to see if your makeup contains any of the ingredients mentioned. Also, if you’re still feeling protective of your mineral powder, you can take it up with Paula and Bryan! Be careful, though…they hang with the Mighty Opes. (When she’s not hanging with me, of course )

http://wonderbarusa.com/blog/

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
I've been thinking about this half face trial, and I am starting to have 2nd thoughts....

If I end up going through a Healing Crisis, I will then have to catch up the 2nd side of my face (the non-WB side), which will mean that I look crappy for twice as long. Shock I'm willing to try new things and report back on EDS, but perhaps I didn't think this one through thoroughly enough up front! Laughing

At the moment I'm thinking that I'll use the WB on my face, and do the half test on my hands or arms. That way my face will at least be consistently bad or good when I visit clients soon. Confused

I'm going to mull it over between now and the time I receive my WB and the new LPB from Lotioncrafter (which still has not arrived.)

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:30 pm      Reply with quote
Anyone know where Wonderbar is manufactured?
spence
5% products discount

Sun Apr 04, 2010 10:32 pm      Reply with quote
I had to read this title like 4 times. I thought it was WonderBRA. Laughing

Off to read more about it.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 11:37 pm      Reply with quote
Jax wrote:
Anyone know where Wonderbar is manufactured?

I think Malaysia.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:15 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
I've been thinking about this half face trial, and I am starting to have 2nd thoughts....

If I end up going through a Healing Crisis, I will then have to catch up the 2nd side of my face (the non-WB side), which will mean that I look crappy for twice as long. Shock I'm willing to try new things and report back on EDS, but perhaps I didn't think this one through thoroughly enough up front! Laughing

At the moment I'm thinking that I'll use the WB on my face, and do the half test on my hands or arms. That way my face will at least be consistently bad or good when I visit clients soon. Confused

I'm going to mull it over between now and the time I receive my WB and the new LPB from Lotioncrafter (which still has not arrived.)

That sounds like a good idea. I think it could be very frustrating if you start breaking out on one side of your face, and then have to go through the same thing on the other side!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
You might end up looking quite strange for a while if you did have either positive or negative results on just half of your face initially. Smile I like your other idea better.

I wish we had an answer about what in MMU might react with the ingredients in the wonderbar, they just might be in our physical sunscreens also!

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I wish we had an answer about what in MMU might react with the ingredients in the wonderbar, they just might be in our physical sunscreens also!

I sent an PM to Wonderbar regarding the physical sunscreens and this was her reply to me. Thought is may help some people.

"Any physical sunblock is good. you just want to stay away from products with added sunscreen, this always means added chemicals as well and usually not as effective. powders that require you to apply in circular motions with a big brush and really get the powder in there (most mineral powders) really don't work well with the bar."
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:13 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Riley,

That cinches it for me, both on my MMU and plans for both a powder and cream physical sunscreen! Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
MyBestFriend wrote:
In another forum, it was suggested that people buy 2 trial size bars at $10 each. That way, you'll at least get past the healing crisis and see if it's worth buying the bigger bar.

What did you buy?

I bought the 4 pack of small bars because I wanted my son to try it for his acne and psoriasis too. We're both on our 2nd of the small bars. My 'healing crisis' is over and my skin is soft and smooth and my melasma is much lighter than it was before I started using the Wonderbar. I just got my next order of 2 large bars because I'm going to stick with this bar to see how much better my skin will get.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
I emailed Tiffany and she sent me an instructional letter that comes with the bar that may answer questions. I had questions about using retin-a which is a no no so maybe this will help some of you.

PLEASE READ: VERY IMPORTANT TO YOUR SUCCESS WITH THE WONDERBAR!

The Wonderbar is an amazing thing and simple to use, but you must use it properly or you will never realize the many benefits! It acts as a toner, cleanser, exfoliate and ultimately, a moisturizer- all of your skincare products in one! It is suitable for all skin-types and is incredible on acne, rosacea, eczema, psoriasis, large pores, hyper-pigmentation and more. Made of four different organic algae and Heilmoor clay, the Wonderbar detoxifies and literally “heals” the skin several layers down. This process may initially result in dryness and a mild to moderate break-out. It is referred to as the “Healing Crisis” and is an important step to bringing youthfulness back to your skin. We recommend that you continue using the bar through this phase….you will be very glad you did. Some people never experience the “healing crisis” at all…as it is dependent upon the level of toxins in your skin and the healing that needs to occur. Dryness and breakouts indicate the Wonderbar is doing what your skin needs. Everyone’s skin is different, so every experience is a little different too.

To use, simply get the bar wet and lather in your hands to a lotion-y consistency, apply to face and neck and let dry for 3-5 minutes, then rinse off. Do this twice a day. This must not be done in the shower, as your skin will not dry and the bar won’t be able to permeate the skin. Please be aware that some moisturizers with retinol, alpha hydroxy, etc. may be counteractive with the bar... a pure, very plain, hydrating moisturizer, like cetaphil, works best. Also, we do not recommend using a lot of foundation. It actually is better to use it as little as possible or not at all. It is counterproductive to the healing/cleaning process. Once your skin has adjusted, you should experiment with what works best for you. WARNING: The use of some types of “mineral” powders can result in a very severe healing crisis.

The healing takes place in the weeks and months ahead. The PH level of the Wonderbar is around 5.65- exactly the balance our skin needs. This is why, eventually, dry skin becomes less dry and oily skin becomes less oily. It is also the reason that the Wonderbar cannot be categorized as“soap”. The longer you use it, the better your skin gets and with consistency, you will continue seeing benefits and changes in your skin, even after several months. The end result? Healthy, hydrated, balanced skin…..

Please call or email us anytime with questions or concerns….we love hearing about each person’s experience with the Wonderbar!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
I'll order one today and give it a go. I like the concept of getting toxins out of my skin and I already skip foundation most days, so it should be okay. I've been using the Lemon Peel Bioferment and it hasn't done much, so hopefully the bar will. I'm supposed to be on a budget this month but my birthday is Saturday, so I'll just call it a little present for moi, hehe.

I'll report back... Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Toby and Bethany for obtaining all the information! That was very kind of both of you. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
The only thing concerning me at this point (other than the MMU and powdered sunscreen that I just bought Laughing ) is that we may not be able to use our anti-aging products. Shock

I am not willing to give up my retinol, Vit C, etc. for some algae and clay until they show me some clinicals that outperform them from an anti-aging standpoint. Plus, I am gearing up for a major dermaroll (after 18 months of not rolling), so I can't screw up my pre-treatment plan. Confused

I can already tell that this is going to be very interesting! I may also break my bar into a couple of pieces, so that just in case it doesn't work for me I can give the unused pieces to others. (I assume people don't want used soap!)

Ok...I am going to ONLY think positive thoughts about this! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:14 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I am not willing to give up my retinol, Vit C, etc. for some algae and clay until they show me some clinicals that outperform them from an anti-aging standpoint.

I agree, Bethany. Wonderbar sounds like more of an exfoliator and deep pore cleanser than anything else - maybe an antimicrobial, too. If the Bar rebalances the skin to preserve an optimal acid mantle, then shouldn't the skin be better able to use anti-aging and sunscreen ingredients? But some of the comments I read on the blog indicate some reactions that go beyond purging. Maybe my logic is warped?

Also, am I loony to be a bit wary of a product made in Malaysia? I have no clue about their quality assurance/purity standards.
WhiteWolf
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 11:22 am      Reply with quote
I agree about not wanting to give up anti-aging serums, routines, etc. I just bought some new stuff too! Anyway, still ordered the small bar, I'll see how it goes.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure it varies by person. I personally have no intentions of changing my regular routine...if the bar fits in, GREAT. If it doesn't, I'll chunk it.

But at the moment I am having only happy, relaxed, pigment-free thoughts. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
You won't know if the bar is THAT good until you try it and follow the instructions. No pain no gain. If you don't give up something you'll never know if other things are better.

At present time I'm not having any specific routine but try to use up all my "inventory". (Well, I've been trying for last 3 years. Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes ) Yes, I ordered some items here and there but not really use them religously.

I ordered the big bar last night and plan to share with my sis-in-law. I also ordered some Moor mud from the link bethany posted. I plan to do half face experiment. One side with Wonder Bar and one side with Moor mud + Spirulina (or Klamath, Blue Green Algae). I don't know if I'd be able to finish the experiment. It all depends if I got bad "healing crisis" on one side.

I don't break out that much but I do worry about the drying patches.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:38 pm      Reply with quote
It seems the distributor can't specify exactly what causes the extreme reactions. Some regular purging would be an acceptable risk, but I use moisturizers, eye treatment, physical sunblocks, and a pressed powder with an SPF - all have some measure of a retinol derivative and other random ingredients, like lactic acid. I'm leery of getting one or more underground pimples that need a "tow truck" or whatever was mentioned in the blog.
Jax
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
....pigment-free thoughts. Smile

I hear you!!
Wonderbar + Cetaphil moisturizer = no spots!
Wouldn't that be great!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:16 pm      Reply with quote
Jax wrote:
bethany wrote:
....pigment-free thoughts. Smile

I hear you!!
Wonderbar + Cetaphil moisturizer = no spots!
Wouldn't that be great!

Abd relatively cheap too, lol.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:17 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I plan to do half face experiment. One side with Wonder Bar and one side with Moor mud + Spirulina (or Klamath, Blue Green Algae).

This sounds like another great experiment! I can't wait to hear back from you guys on what you discover!!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 2:19 pm      Reply with quote
MACrisis wrote:
I also ordered some Moor mud from the link bethany posted. I plan to do half face experiment. One side with Wonder Bar and one side with Moor mud + Spirulina (or Klamath, Blue Green Algae). I don't know if I'd be able to finish the experiment. It all depends if I got bad "healing crisis" on one side.

I've been thinking about the Fuller's Earth mud (for lightening) and mixing with some Sea Klep Bioferment. But I'm going to wait until after I finish the first test before ordering (I hope).

And let's hope the healing phase is VERY short and easy for both of us! Very Happy

Tue Apr 23, 2024 11:29 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |