Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 5:31 am      Reply with quote
ATester wrote:
Not the Wonderbar here but the Eumora...

The eczema on my hands has gone bonkers after ten days use... very, very bad in some parts and curing in others, parts that were bad are nearly okay and parts that had nothing have flared up Mad Interesting, I'll continue.

Face: Not noticing much except slightly dry and crinkly around eyes and one small pimple. The dryer area is around my left eye which is the eye with more sun damage. Forgot to wash it off two nights ago, so I slept with it on, no problem.

The only thing apart from the soap, that can have made my eczema go crazy is stress with the new puppy! Laughing

Thanks, ATester - what you're seeing from the Eumora really does sound a lot like the WB results. I've ordered a $7 bar of Moor Mud soap and hope that will also be similar. If it doesn't work out, I think I'll purchase the Eumora bars from ebay.
Josee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 6:13 am      Reply with quote
So... I finally got a WB (thanks to Rileygirl!)

I'll go to the lab today and leave some pieces for pH analysis and then also take pictures of my horrible ear... slits! Sad

37, light brown hair, green eyes, very fair skin. Oily T zone, broken capillaries... Current regime: Tretinoin 0.05% every night, hydroquinone 4% twice per day, lachydran every other day, random moisturizers and sunscreen
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:57 pm      Reply with quote
I read the ingredients of wonderbar!
It seems to have some acids in it.

Maybe it is like some kind of skin peeling,mask like thing that this "bar" is.

Really curious if the bar will be very acidic or what?

I'm sort of curious about this product,but not enought to try it.

Found the ingredient list online for it too:
posted by some "Colorado lady" on skincaretalk:

Re: Wonderful WonderBar

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Ingredients:
Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate - Sodium Coco-Sulfate - Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch - 1-Octadecanol - Paraffin - C17789 - Talcum - Heilmoor Clay - Water - Glycerin - Chlorey'nahre (CLO) - Polyglucuronic Acid - Olea Europaea Fruit Oil - Chamonilla Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract .

What is:
Polyglucuronic Acid ...no idea of that ingredient.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 7:59 pm      Reply with quote
Ottawa Shopper wrote:
I read the ingredients of wonderbar!
It seems to have some acids in it.

Maybe it is like some kind of skin peeling,mask like thing that this "bar" is.

Really curious if the bar will be very acidic or what?

I'm sort of curious about this product,but not enought to try it.

It is advertised as being neutral and not acidic. And last I checked, there were definitely no acids in the ingredients!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:07 pm      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
And last I checked, there were definitely no acids in the ingredients!

Same here, I don't remember seeing any acids in the WB. Where did you see that, Ottawa Shopper?
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:34 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
rileygirl wrote:
bethany wrote:
And last I checked, there were definitely no acids in the ingredients!

Same here, I don't remember seeing any acids in the WB. Where did you see that, Ottawa Shopper?

Here is the ingredient list again.

Ingredients:
Disodium Lauryl Sulfosuccinate - Sodium Coco-Sulfate - Triticum Vulgare (Wheat) Starch - 1-Octadecanol - Paraffin - C17789 - Talcum - Heilmoor Clay - Water - Glycerin - Chlorey'nahre (CLO) - Polyglucuronic Acid - Olea Europaea Fruit Oil - Chamonilla Matricaria (Chamomile) Extract

listed right after the "CLO" up here,
unless this is just something with the name acid in it and is not really something acidic?
(if that is at all possible?)
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:38 pm      Reply with quote
It's a film forming agent and there are ingredients named acid after whatever that aren't true acids. What would matter anyway is the ph (potential hydrogen) of the entire formula. Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:47 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
polyglucuronic acid is a film-forming agent, not an acid as you are thinking. I also recall the bar being neutral. Smile

Ok,
thanks for the info.
I am wondering if the WB people are actually disclosing the full ingredient list of their bar?

I know quite a few times many products from other countries, the companies have not disclosed the entire contents accurately.

This could be for food, drugs or even cosmetics,
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 8:59 pm      Reply with quote
Chlorey'nahre isn't in any cosmetic data base that we could find, they say it's a special algae blend and a special process, supposedly patent pending (again not to be found) and as another member posted earlier you can't patent nature? Fully disclosed answers were not to be had from the Wonderbar people????

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 03, 2010 9:24 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Chlorey'nahre isn't in any cosmetic data base that we could find, they say it's a special algae blend and a special process, supposedly patent pending (again not to be found) and as another member posted earlier you can't patent nature? Fully disclosed answers were not to be had from the Wonderbar people????

It makes me a little suspicious of companies that try and hide things like that.
I think if they were more informative about their product, then most likely more people would feel more comfortable using it.

Many companies who make millions of dollars- they have no issues giving out actual ingredient lists and percentages for products w active ingrdients.

To me anyways this is in the top 2 of "weird" ingredients for the year.

The other is Bare minerals collection with "happybelle" and ingredient that can cause you to be happier.
I think this was only is some collection for sephora and online a little while ago...

I should have probably put this in a different post...
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 4:35 am      Reply with quote
Have you seen this video?

The Wonderbar posted this on Facebook.

I do not know who she is and if she uses the product or not, but she looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLcj3el5ac&feature=player_embedded

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 5:28 am      Reply with quote
Tiffany once PM'ed me that the severe dryness on my neck was brought on by the chlorey'nahre. I'm using a moor mud mask once or twice a week - which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE - and it gives me temporary pimples on my neck but no dryness. The pimples pop up immediately after the mask but then disappear by the next morning. The back of my neck with major sun damage is looking so unbelievably good. I never thought I'd find anything to help with that.
Nymue
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 1:21 pm      Reply with quote
Hello everyone. I haven't posted in awhile (sometimes I take breaks when I find myself spending too much, or lemming too much!), but I've been lurking again for a bit, and have followed this whole thread, through all of the ups and downs! I even read the thread over at the skincareRx forums. And with all of the controversy, I still decided to go ahead and purchase one small bar. Just placed my order today.
My melasma has been steadily spreading for the past 5-6 years and it's on most of my face now. I took the hands off approach for a long time, and it did help me deal with it mentally. But it sure didn't keep it from getting worse (who knows if anything would have). My dad recently came by to help me do some work on my house and I didn't have any make up on and he said, "What happened to your face?" It didn't really bother me, but it definitely let me know that it is noticeable, as my dad is pretty quiet in general. (Oddly enough, that was the same exact comment my brother made to me back in my early 20s when I was dealing with terrible cystic acne. It did make me break down in tears back then, though! Can a girl ever catch a break?!)
I'd already been reading this thread when my dad made the comment, and I'd started thinking that maybe I should try to do something to lighten my spots, rather than just continuing to ignore them. I would really like to try Obagi, as it seems that at least some people really do have good success with it. Of course I've read a lot of the horror stories of what happens to your skin during the process, which is scary! I wouldn't mind if I didn't have to come to work, but that's certainly not an option. As unbearably hot and blazingly sunny as it's been in South Florida already, and not even officially into "summer" yet, I decided to wait until the worst of the heat is over in a few months (a few, who am I kidding, it'll be at least 5 months from now, lol) before putting myself through the Obagi routine. I intend to find a derm. in my area who is trained. Well, in the meantime, I figure why not give the $40 Wonderbar a shot. Any lightening at all would be much appreciated right now. There are also some weird bumps I've gotten around my hip area that I want to try it on. It's maybe 3 of them spread out, that seemed to start as pimples, and then got really inflamed and painful, and then they just settled down into hard painless nodules that don't go away. Not cute! Even if the Wonderbar does nothing for my face but helps these funky bumps smooth out some, I'll consider it money well spent.
I currently use Roc night cream, but will stop it once I start the Wonderbar. I plan to start with leaving it on for the minimum amount of time and see how it goes. I do currently use mineral make up. I'm open to using a liquid if the minerals don't seem to agree with the Wonderbar, but minerals are just so easy to put on and don't feel cakey like liquid foundation sometimes can. I'll cross that bridge when I get there.
Currently I'm use Clarins Dayshield SPF 40. It's close to being done, so I've just ordered the Ocean Tested Burnout sunscreen (figure I'll need all the extra moisturization I can get!). I also use hemp oil as a moisturizer in the morning, and will start to do it at night as well once I begin using the Wonderbar. Hopefully this will help keep me from looking like a red peely snake!
Just wanted to jump in and share. I'll come back and update once I've used it for a bit.
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:12 pm      Reply with quote
Sycamore wrote:
Have you seen this video?

The Wonderbar posted this on Facebook.

I do not know who she is and if she uses the product or not, but she looks awesome.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xcLcj3el5ac&feature=player_embedded

I believe that's Tiffany in the video. Do a google image search by "Tiffany Masterson, Houston" and you'll see her picture. Well, unless there's another Tiffany Masterson lives in Houston.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:21 pm      Reply with quote
I hope it works for you, Nymue. I remember reading and enjoying your posts back when I was lurking.
Sycamore
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 2:49 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I am getting a sample. I hope for the best. Although a little scared, we, Eastern-Europeans like quick fixes without any downtime:).

MaCrisis,
Thanks for the clarification.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 04, 2010 3:07 pm      Reply with quote
Josee wrote:
So... I finally got a WB (thanks to Rileygirl!)

I'll go to the lab today and leave some pieces for pH analysis and then also take pictures of my horrible ear... slits! Sad

Let the experiment begin! Please share what you find out from the lab, Josee, and good luck.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Good grief, it took a week for FedEx to deliver this little thing to my house (really hate FedEx), but it came yesterday. It's definitely teeny-tiny (got the $40 bar), but I can see that it isn't the type to just melt away quickly as long as you're careful and leave it out to dry after using it and not let it sit under running water while you wash your face.

Anyway, I used it last night for the first time. My face feels a little dry, but it was also a bit dried out from Differin, so it could have been that.

I'll keep you guys updated as to what happens. I'm not using it on my forehead or anywhere near my eyes. Those areas are ridiculously dry to begin with.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:45 am      Reply with quote
PS - I looked up polyglucuronic acid and Paula Begoun's dictionary says it is a film-forming agent. Hmm, not thrilled to read it can be a skin sensitizer, even if it is a weak one:

film-forming agent. Large group of ingredients that are typically found in hair-care products, but that are also widely used in skin-care products, particularly moisturizers. Film-forming agents include PVP, acrylates, acrylamides, and copolymers. When applied they leave a pliable, cohesive, and continuous covering over the hair or skin. This film has water-binding properties and leaves a smooth feel on skin. Film-forming agents can be weak skin sensitizers (Source: Contact Dermatitis, October 2007, pages 242–247).
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 10:22 am      Reply with quote
TheBaroness wrote:
Good grief, it took a week for FedEx to deliver this little thing to my house (really hate FedEx), but it came yesterday. It's definitely teeny-tiny (got the $40 bar), but I can see that it isn't the type to just melt away quickly as long as you're careful and leave it out to dry after using it and not let it sit under running water while you wash your face.

Anyway, I used it last night for the first time. My face feels a little dry, but it was also a bit dried out from Differin, so it could have been that.

I'll keep you guys updated as to what happens. I'm not using it on my forehead or anywhere near my eyes. Those areas are ridiculously dry to begin with.

I think it is probably drying because it is a clay soap and you are leaving it on 5 minutes?

I know I would not be using this in the eye area just because I do not use drying clay masks in my eye area..that would fry my skin.

I really doubt seaweed soap can dry out your skin if it is just seaweed.
My face soap right now, a liquid/cream soap has 2 kinds of seaweed and it has these actual seaweed bits that are kind of supposed to "scrub" your skin (but they are too soft to actually scrub anything,lol).
Anyway, this seaweed face soap I have is not drying at all...but then it does not contain clay.

Oh,
if you want to keep your bars of soap dry, I have a Body Shop soap dish made of wire and your soap is never in any water and is always dry.
It was $5 for that and is very cute looking too!
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Tiffany once PM'ed me that the severe dryness on my neck was brought on by the chlorey'nahre. I'm using a moor mud mask once or twice a week - which I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE - and it gives me temporary pimples on my neck but no dryness. The pimples pop up immediately after the mask but then disappear by the next morning. The back of my neck with major sun damage is looking so unbelievably good. I never thought I'd find anything to help with that.

Skippie, are you using this mask instead of the wonderbar now, or are you still using the bar too?

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 05, 2010 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
Jax wrote:
bethany wrote:
....pigment-free thoughts. Smile

I hear you!!
Wonderbar + Cetaphil moisturizer = no spots!
Wouldn't that be great!

Jax, which Cetaphil are you using? The kind with SPF or the one in the tub? I heard the one with SPF can break you out.
TheBaroness
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 5:52 am      Reply with quote
Perhaps I should start a blog for this. It's day 2 of Wonderbar and my skin's dry, but not overly so. The bumps on my cheeks are still around, but I noticed the blackheads on my nose seem closer to the surface and look like they'd be easier to extract.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it at least will clean out the blackheads on my nose and chin!
Ottawa Shopper
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 06, 2010 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
TheBaroness wrote:
Perhaps I should start a blog for this. It's day 2 of Wonderbar and my skin's dry, but not overly so. The bumps on my cheeks are still around, but I noticed the blackheads on my nose seem closer to the surface and look like they'd be easier to extract.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed that it at least will clean out the blackheads on my nose and chin!

To get rid of blackheads,
use a clay mask on those areas a few times a week Smile

I sometimes get slight blackheads on my nose from sunscreen and cream makeup and using a clay mask after cleansing makes your pores look super clean.

now that I've been using clay mask
a for a long time you can not see the pores on my nose and my skin seems to look smoother.

There are many brands of clay masks that are good.
I have one for blemishes with sulfur and clay,
but just got a small tube of phytomer oligo mask and thought it was so nice smelling compared to my sulfur mask.

I really liked the phytomer masks, but the mask I have now is more suited as a treatment for me.
So, can't really get the phytomer...even though it feels so nice on.
lynnk

Mon Jun 07, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Everyone, I'm new to the forum here. I am going to post weekly updates on my progress with the WB. I looked everywhere and couldn't find any blogs or posts relating to weekly WB progress except for on this forum. I'm hoping anyone who is experiencing the same effects from the Healing Crisis will chime in, and we can get through this one together!

I'm 23, and I got started on the WB because for the past 6 months I have been having acne problems, especially with cystic acne, which I had never had before. I had a lot of acne on my forehead and t-zone in my early teens that subsided by the time I was 18, but lately my face was making me feel like a teenager again, so embarrassing! I was even getting some cystic acne on my chin, and I hadn't had that since high school. Other face problems that I have had for a few years include occasional eczema flare-ups on my eyelids, and these bumpy spots around my nose and cheek area. The bumps aren't surrounded by any redness, so I don't think this is rosacea.

As for product usage, I'm not a product junkie. Before starting the WB I only used a moisturizing cream for night and day, and foundation during the day, every day. My foundation is Hourglass Veil Fluid Foundation available at Sephora. It has a built-in spf 15 and primer. A major requirement for any products I use are that they do not contain any parabens, so my moisturizers and cleansers also do not. My day moisturizer was Aveeno Ultra-Calming with spf 30 for sensitive skin. For cleanser I used mostly milky, organic cleansers because my skin can get very dry. I didn't use any acne meds. I also don't go out in the sun much, less than 5 minutes a day to walk from one place to another, if even that.

So here comes WB:

Week 1: Two weeks before finals, I'm super stressed out and am breaking out anyway, so I decide to start the WB. I decide to use WB for 3-5 minutes, twice a day. Maybe WB will help me combat my acne and my Healing Crisis will be over in a couple weeks, if I'm lucky. My zits came to a head and I popped them. Within days, WB healed them faster than normal, and the skin was back to normal. My face felt very dry but I didn't put on any moisturizer. I noticed no eczema itchiness on my eyelids. No Healing Crisis yet.

Week 2: Finals! My skin is flaring up again and I can feel pimples about to come on. Maybe THIS is the HC. 5 out of 7 days my face is clear enough so that I don't have to wear any foundation. My face feels dry but no flakiness. I buy some cetaphil moisturizer to use, as suggested by WB site. No parabens in the cetaphil tub, that's good, but I don't really like how it feels and it makes my face shiny. Then during the weekend the pimples surface. The WB has done nothing for the bumps around my nose and cheeks. The HC starts.

Week 3: I'm going on vacation, and I'm freaking out because the pimples are Cystic Zits! I'm talking like 4 huge, painful cysts, and I have never had it that bad all at once. WB did not heal them over 2 days, so I busted out Clean & Clear's Acne Spot Treatment, which seemed to help since WB was not and I needed immediate treatment. I also got my doctor to prescribe me a topical antibiotic for my acne, something I had never done before. Any Acne treatments with Salicylic Acid or Benzoyl Peroxide have AHA, and I read somewhere on the WB site that AHAs shouldn't be used with WB. So after a few days I quit using any AHAs and went back to the WB routine. The WB site says I can still use the antibiotic, so that is all I'm using now. 3 of the 4 Acne Cysts reached their heads out so I popped them. The skin around them is starting to heal normally. As for dryness, I'm not experiencing any. I only feel tightness when the WB dries on my skin. I don't have to use any moisturizers, so I put the Cetaphil away for good. I used foundation most of the week.

Week 4: I'm experiencing a real slow-down in the healing process. I read online that the WB trial process should last 6 weeks so I'm anxiously awaiting each day it gets closer to Week 6 to see if anything gets better. Nothing has improved the bumps around my nose and cheek area. In fact, some bumps are re-emerging. From past experience, I know better than to irritate them so I just leave them alone until they subside. The last (and worst) of the 4 acne cysts has healed with brown discoloration, and it still feels bumpy. That is weird, not normal, and I really hope the swelling lessens. Soon. It feels like my skin might have healed over something, and that is a problem since it's probably something I wanted to come out. I have small zits pop up all over my forehead, worse than I have ever had for the last 5 years. They aren't painful or cystic, and they are tiny, so when and if they come to a head, I just squeeze the white stuff out, and it heals over quickly. Not that big of a deal I guess, because it's not painful. Overall, there is a lot more redness in different patches all over my face, mostly on my forehead and around my nose and cheeks, the same problem areas I've always had. The healing of any bumps seems to have really slowed down. Almost to a halt. I'm worried. My skin feels softer, but I am not noticing "tighter pores", just softer. And now it's more red Sad The eczema disappeared. I have only used foundation 3 days out of the week (That means I'm too bummed out by how I look to leave the house 4 days this week), and I'm now only using WB and the antibiotic. I am going to really buckle down on this routine.

Hope Week 5 is better!
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 1:41 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |