Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
Have you heard of the Wonderbar? Supposedly helps melasma
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
lipglossdoll
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:25 pm      Reply with quote
I saw this mentioned on the newbeauty web site a few months ago and it piqued my interest!

The only thing holding me back is the "purging" process! I have really nice skin now, and do not want to wreck it by using something (maybe I should leave well enough alone).

Also the MMU and other anti-aging products, not being able to use them.

I currently use Christopher Drummond mineral makeup, pricey, but worth it to me. Very Happy
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
This all sounds very interesting from a detoxifying and exfoliating stand point - but I'm not sure I understand the negative effects that may come from MMUP?

That makes no sense to me whatsoever? Confused Is it a particular ingredient that should be avoided? What about liquid foundations?

Specifically what is the danger when using this with a MMUP?

Any input welcome! Smile
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 5:11 pm      Reply with quote
I don't believe we have gotten an answer as to why or what in MMU reacts badly with wonderbar? I don't see where liquid foundation would be better, it's basically the same ingredients as MMU just mixed into oils and waxes or a water-based emulsion? hmm

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Star Model wrote:
This all sounds very interesting from a detoxifying and exfoliating stand point - but I'm not sure I understand the negative effects that may come from MMUP?

That makes no sense to me whatsoever? Confused Is it a particular ingredient that should be avoided? What about liquid foundations?

Specifically what is the danger when using this with a MMUP?

Any input welcome! Smile

DarkMoon wrote:
I don't believe we have gotten an answer as to why or what in MMU reacts badly with wonderbar? I don't see where liquid foundation would be better, it's basically the same ingredients as MMU just mixed into oils and waxes or a water-based emulsion? hmm

I posted a link above to Tiffany's viewpoint on her blog...she also listed out certain ingredients to avoid (to the best of her knowledge) like bismuth, mica, etc....those that cause irritation to people (like me) anyway. A lot of people get clogged pores from bismuth (I did when I used BE), so I am hopeful that my current bismuth-free formula will not cause any issues.

Editing to add: Her blog link and the ingredients to avoid are on page 3.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:45 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
The only thing concerning me at this point (other than the MMU and powdered sunscreen that I just bought Laughing ) is that we may not be able to use our anti-aging products. Shock

Ok, so I'm interested - but I think everyone should stop calling it a soap - because it's not a cleanser, it sounds like a mask. However, if we can't use our usual anti-aging products (and let's face it - none of us here do anything simple! We're all into copious amounts of serums and heaven knows what else. I for one, couldn't imagine packing in using Retin-A for starters.) Well, that's just a giant leap of faith to make. We just use the Wonderbar and then a simple moisturiser and that's it? What about my Green Tea Serum, my Niacinamide and Glucosamine Serum, my CPs, my Matrixyl, my Emu Oil, my sunscreen etc etc etc?

I'm also concerned about all the skin lightening claims (mostly from Asians). Asians are obsessed with skin lightening - every skincare cream sold in Asia purports lightening capabilities. But I don't see how it is physically possible to actually lighten the skin in three minutes (and, yes, I've looked at all the B&A photos on the website which are mouth watering).

Anyway, I'll be waiting with baited breath to hear what you all think about it. And if it has any lifting capabilities, then I will quite gladly ditch all of the above stuff I use in favour of the Wonderbar. Wunderbar, Wunderbar - isn't that a song? Laughing I'll be singing it if it works!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:42 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
What about my Green Tea Serum, my Niacinamide and Glucosamine Serum, my CPs, my Matrixyl, my Emu Oil, my sunscreen etc etc etc?

I am thinking the deal here with using the Wonderbar with other products is that you do so at your own "risk" so to speak because they haven't tested all these different products with the bar and don't know how your skin will react.

I also think that they don't recommend using any other product until your skin is accustomed to the bar and you are done with the "healing crisis". So, I don't think they are saying you can't use anything else, but more wait until after the "healing crisis" and then try it with your other products? This is just my take on it.
Star Model
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:04 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:

I posted a link above to Tiffany's viewpoint on her blog...she also listed out certain ingredients to avoid (to the best of her knowledge) like bismuth, mica, etc....those that cause irritation to people (like me) anyway. A lot of people get clogged pores from bismuth (I did when I used BE), so I am hopeful that my current bismuth-free formula will not cause any issues.

Thanks Bethany, I found the section on the blog where she speaks of MMUP.

http://wonderbarusa.com/2010/03/14/need-to-address-this-mineral-powder-and-wonderbar-thing/

I still find no connection that would directly link a problem when using both. Her answer is very foggy. I think she is basing her conclusion on her "overly dramatic SIL's" breakouts who used both. It is unlikely that someone who uses MMUP who doesn't breakout will start breaking out from the ingredients in MMUP when using with WB.

That would be kind of like saying do not use MMUP if using Retin-A. I would think that liquid foundations and moisturizers which are notoriously *more pore clogging* would be culprits as well. So I think she is basing her statement targeting MMUP to mean *anything* applied to your skin which is potentially pore-clogging should be avoided? That is how I read it anyway.

If anything, Wonderbar at best is an exfoliator & skin purifier. That's it! It may and probably will help to clean out the pores, but it will NOT do anything for *buried scars* which is often the underlying reason for a congested, unclear complexion. So people should keep that in mind.

And yes, I have one on order & I'm going to try. I am always looking for new exfoliators which I think are KEY to cell turnover for helping to keep skin clean & clear. May only use it a couple of times a week, but will know more once I get it. Very Happy
wonderbar
5% products discount

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:37 am      Reply with quote
You guys are killing me! Wink The bar is simple. It is a cleanser. It is a toner. It is an exfoliate. There are many benefits to using it. If you use aha's or retin-a with the bar, then your skin will get irritated and blotchy- it's too much for your skin. Skin can be overexfoliated, so you don't want to use two exfoliates at the same time. If you use certain mineral powders with the bar that call for you to apply with a big brush in circular motions, then your pores can get clogged and the toxins that the bar is trying to pull out get trapped just under the surface of the skin, causing a more serious healing crisis. This is just meant to be informative. My stance on "selling" this product to people? NOT a good idea. You have to be fully on board and really want to try it with an open mind. I don't even "sell" it to my friends because it's just not THAT type of product, it is a waste of money and time if you are not going to use it correctly and consistently. SO, in summary, if you are going to add a bunch of products in and ignore the recommendations, then this is probably not for you. You can begin to re-introduce vitamin serums, and I'm told by clients even retinol-based products, AFTER you have fully adjusted to the bar. Also, if you wear a lot of makeup, then you can use a SIMPLE cleanser, like cetaphil, to remove the makeup before applying the bar- this is not necessary, though, it is a cleanser too. It's just based on how grimy (sp?) you feel. Lastly, I emailed the inventor of the bar when I saw the posts about the new melasma spots coming up, and he assures me that this is still the healing crisis and it gets worse before better. However, like I said before, the claims on melasma are coming from clients only and while I trust they are true and have been told by many people that they personally have found success, there are no guarantees. If you have questions, read the blog or just email me. I’m happy to help you make an informed decision that’s best for you. Razz
wonderbar
5% products discount

Tue Apr 06, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
"If anything, Wonderbar at best is an exfoliator & skin purifier. That's it! It may and probably will help to clean out the pores, but it will NOT do anything for *buried scars* which is often the underlying reason for a congested, unclear complexion. So people should keep that in mind."

I just wanted to ask, where you are getting your information? It's not accurate.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:11 am      Reply with quote
wonderbar wrote:
You guys are killing me! Wink The bar is simple. It is a cleanser. It is a toner. It is an exfoliate. There are many benefits to using it. If you use aha's or retin-a with the bar, then your skin will get irritated and blotchy- it's too much for your skin.

Well, in case you haven't worked it out, we're all skin care junkies and we're probably all guilty of over-thinking issues - but that's half the fun.

But seriously, if I'm going to give up using Retin-A (the gold standard in anti-aging) I want a good reason for doing so. I'm not just looking for an exfoliator, I also want something that's going to address anti-aging issues. We all know the importance of getting rid of dead skin cells but what about the nourishing of skin with anti-oxidants and peptides?

Is it ok to use facial oils with the bar?

5% products discount

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:21 am      Reply with quote
yes, it is ok to use oils with the bar- I have many people who do- argan, olio lusso. I tried avocado myself and it broke me out, but that's just me. the others are very expensive, but some people swear by them. You can also use anti-oxidant serums once adjusted.
yes, i'm figuring out that you guys are product junkies, lots of those in this country, but just get concerned when people present stuff as factual that is not. I think it's hard to take a leap of faith when it is something you have never even heard of, so I think it becomes even more important that you are able to make the decision based on truths and not misrepresentations. The bar has nourishing qualities that come from the Chlorey'Nahre. I have kept all of the testimonials I've received over the last year and am putting them on our new website, which will hopefully be up in a couple of weeks! I think people will find it very informative to hear other people's real experiences. No product is for everyone, so try to do as much information gathering yourself as you can, it is your skin.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 7:31 am      Reply with quote
shelly wrote:
I just came onto the forum to see if others here were talking about this product or not. I checked 2 months ago but didn't find any posts. Today I found this one.

I purchased and began using this product about 4 weeks ago. I am actually quite pleased with the results. I had a "minor" healing crisis (a couple of blemishes surface, dry patches, etc..) but nothing major. Today my skin is soft, calm and happy. I also have melasma and can say it is much much lighter than it ever has been. I'm coming off winter so already have the winter-fade so I can't be sure how much is from the Wonderbar if any. But, it is lighter now vs. before starting with it. I would be remiss not to mention that I also started using Osmosis Catalyst around the same time which also claims to help with melasma along with other issues. So maybe the Catalyst is the reason for happy, lighter skin? I did a lot of searching about the bar before deciding to purchase it and found many many positive testimonials which is what sold me on at least giving it a try. Not sure if I'll continue with it long-term or not but I did just order another small bar.

Just wanted to share my personal experience for what it's worth.

shelly,

Are you using putting the Catalyst on after using the Wonderbar? Do you use any other products with the Catalyst? Have you gone through the crisis phase with this product? I'm two weeks into the Catalyst and have gotten over the dry skin I was having at first. I don't know if it's the Catalyst or the Vaculifter but my lip lines are more faded than I've ever seen them.
wonderbar
5% products discount

Tue Apr 06, 2010 8:15 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,
I am obviously offending people by coming on here, so in the future, if you have any questions, please feel free to email me about the product. My intent is not to cause anger or get into a debate, just to give you accurate information. Like I said before, people who have not tried the product cannot speak from an educated standpoint. You can look at the ingredients all day long and decide you know what it does, but that's not really going to help anyone. I think the point of the forum is to try things and share your experience. I will leave it at that. Thanks for allowing me to come on and clarify some of the confusion.
All my best!
MACrisis
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:35 am      Reply with quote
I think I’m all ready for the Wonder Bar. I can’t wait to start it. My daily routine is very simple now, no retin a, no vit c……

AM:
1. Hot towel to press my eyes and wipe my face.
2. 20% Matrixyl 3000 Serum from NCN
3. Nutra-Lift One Step
4. Horse Oil
5. Avon Pro X Day Cream (SPF 15)
6. BB Cream
7. Nars Powder
8. Boots #7 cream blush

PM:
1. OCM, Hot towel to press my eyes and wipe my face.
2. Lemon Peel Bioferment.
3. 20% Matrixyl 3000 Serum from NCN
4. Nutra-Life Rej A
5. Avon Pro X Night Cream

Matrixyl 3000, LPB and Nutra-Lift products I started not long ago, at most 1 month. So, at this moment nothing really makes me don’t want to give up. And I have not used any of my tools for ages. I might miss the sheet masks I use every 2 to 3 days.

The only concern I have is I have weddings to go on May 8th and June 20th.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:18 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
4. Horse Oil

I've never heard of this, MACrisis. Sorry to go off topic, but you've peaked my curiosity. What are its benefits?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Quote:
4. Horse Oil

I've never heard of this, MACrisis. Sorry to go off topic, but you've peaked my curiosity. What are its benefits?

An old thread on it.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=9005

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 1:13 pm      Reply with quote
This is what I'm using. My friend bought it for me while travelling in Japan.

http://aishop.wordpress.com/2008/01/17/hokkaido-horse-oil-cream/

I don't think it's pure horse oil but I don't have ingredient list. It's not too oily and no odor at all. It might be compatible with the Wonder Bar.

Don't ask me if horse oil do any good to my skin. I don't know. I always use it as the last step - moisturizer.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:18 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
I am wondering just what makes this an exfoliator, is the clay gritty, enzyme action of algae?

I'm presuming that its main claim to fame is drawing impurities out of the skin - in the same manner as those old fashioned mud masks. Therefore, I can't see any real reason for not continuing to use our other products. Of course, if you go through this "healing crisis" then you'd have to be mindful about what you used on irritated skin.

I'm going to be very interested to hear from those skincare "veterans" amongst us who have been using CPs and Retin-A for a long time and, presumably, have little left to purge.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 3:48 pm      Reply with quote
Well SM, Kelilu,

I will be waiting to see how our self appointed guinea pigs fare with the wonder bar also.

I see the point of drawing toxins from the skin, but I have an activated charcoal mask that does that, that's an ingredient known to suck up toxins! I have never had a mud mask that I felt did much exfoliating though, and like most product junkies here I have a shelf full of masks in a linen closet. This should be quite interesting.

I know I wouldn't give up my other skin care goodies and just use 1 bar, unless I hear of miracles happening here. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
is this really that good?
majorb
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 3:50 am      Reply with quote
sofiya wrote:
is this really that good?

What would you like to know about it, sofiya?
shelly
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 6:12 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
shelly wrote:
I just came onto the forum to see if others here were talking about this product or not. I checked 2 months ago but didn't find any posts. Today I found this one.

I purchased and began using this product about 4 weeks ago. I am actually quite pleased with the results. I had a "minor" healing crisis (a couple of blemishes surface, dry patches, etc..) but nothing major. Today my skin is soft, calm and happy. I also have melasma and can say it is much much lighter than it ever has been. I'm coming off winter so already have the winter-fade so I can't be sure how much is from the Wonderbar if any. But, it is lighter now vs. before starting with it. I would be remiss not to mention that I also started using Osmosis Catalyst around the same time which also claims to help with melasma along with other issues. So maybe the Catalyst is the reason for happy, lighter skin? I did a lot of searching about the bar before deciding to purchase it and found many many positive testimonials which is what sold me on at least giving it a try. Not sure if I'll continue with it long-term or not but I did just order another small bar.

Just wanted to share my personal experience for what it's worth.

shelly,

Are you using putting the Catalyst on after using the Wonderbar? Do you use any other products with the Catalyst? Have you gone through the crisis phase with this product? I'm two weeks into the Catalyst and have gotten over the dry skin I was having at first. I don't know if it's the Catalyst or the Vaculifter but my lip lines are more faded than I've ever seen them.

Hi Skippie. Yes, I'm applying the Catalyst by itself directly to skin after WB. I don't think I had a crisis phase with Catalyst but not sure...I started using it one week after starting Wonderbar. What I experienced after adding Catalyst was increased dryness/tightness. Under my eyes have been really crepey...not sure which product (or the combo of both) is causing it though.

That's great to hear you've noticed faded lip lines! Have you been using the Vaculifter for a while and thus Catalyst is the new variable here? How are you using it (alone? mixed?)? I've not noticed any "major" transformations yet but hoping to see slow and steady improvements in melasma, fading of some scars as well as overall skin health.

I'm considering ordering one of the Osmosis Serums to mix it with but don't want to introduce to many new things in short period of time. In the mornings I put Glymed Stem Cell Serum over it then my sunscreen over that. I use the serum because I already had it before Catalyst and hate to ignore it and it gives me a little added moisture. Occasionally at night I will use Glymed Peptide cream for extra moisture but can't use all the time as it seems to congest my skin.

HTH
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:07 am      Reply with quote
It's HEEEEEERE!!!! Very Happy

Mine has arrived and I will use it this evening.

Initial Observations:
- Fast shipping via priority mail envelope
- Nicely packaged (sealed envelope within a little box), but the box got smashed within the envelope and looked rather beat up. So FYI if you are planning on giving these as a gift
- It came with a 1 page instruction sheet
- The bar is gray with very little smell (thank goodness)
- It has an expiration date of 2/2012

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 10:27 am      Reply with quote
shelly,

I've posted my response in the osmosis thread because I didn't want to get too much off topic here.

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=531468#531468

I'd love to hear updates from you on the wonderbar.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 07, 2010 11:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
It's HEEEEEERE!!!! Very Happy

Mine has arrived and I will use it this evening.

Initial Observations:
- Fast shipping via priority mail envelope
- Nicely packaged (sealed envelope within a little box), but the box got smashed within the envelope and looked rather beat up. So FYI if you are planning on giving these as a gift
- It came with a 1 page instruction sheet
- The bar is gray with very little smell (thank goodness)
- It has an expiration date of 2/2012

Let's hope the poltergeists don't come out to play. Smile

So what is your regime plan with the wonderbar? Are you going to use it with your regular skin care routine or alone?
Either way looking forward to hearing your report on how it works out! Smile

Tue Apr 23, 2024 4:25 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |