Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 9:41 am      Reply with quote
.....to digress back to using the HF device, having used only my newly acquired probe attachment to zap eruptions generated by the STOP tripollar machine, for the last week, today, I had another careful go with the mushroom head.(phew that was long sentence).

I know Mars had some concerns about the lifting effect or lack of from the HF, but after fiddling today I have to say I am again pleased with the results generated by about 8 minutes of wand waving.

By running the head up my neck & just over the jaw bone all the way around I did get lift, also again I spent some time on my upper eyebrow area, plus forehead. I ran the wand over my nose for about a minute,then inserted the probe into the base unit & zapped two milia under my left eye.

Then I went & did my afternoon yoga session, an hour later when I looked in the mirror my skin tone looked very even & smooth, my nose blackheads (not bad ones) were greatly reduced, appearing "empty/sealed", & the lift to chin/jawline plus eye lid are very apparent.

I really am delighted with this tool, & feel I am still learning about its use, though here is a real show of potential. I am going to really go for it on Friday afternoon before we are out for something special in the evening.How exciting Laughing

I can also report the metallic taste does not occur any more - yeah!

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
CookingKaty,

Would you please keep us posted about the effects on milia? I am considering the HF device and my only skin problem is milia. Well I wouldn't exactly say only.... I mean my main concern is milia (gone rampant). Very Happy

TIA
Jan
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:03 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig (Jan), I will be delighted to keep you posted, Friday (Good Friday) will be d-day for a serious session with my HF.

I hope I look 48 again Shock Laughing

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:17 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

How is the HF working on your skin issues (namely your chest)? I have all the same bumps and blotches. Did you ever have milia? I don't have zits of any kind so I'm not sure the HF is really the best Palacia device for this old skin.

Cooking Katy,

I would be very happy to look 52! Very Happy
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 11:28 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig.........Tee-Hee Laughing I know what you mean, it is all subjective. I remember, many years ago, being told, by a wise & stunningly attractive older woman, to enjoy the age at which you are, & try to overlook your faults, because once you get older you will look back & think "well darn it, I actually looked pretty damn fine". What a great piece of advice that turned out to be, pity I did not heed it. I am trying to now though Rolling Eyes It's terrible being a perfectionist Laughing

Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy wrote:
once you get older you will look back & think "well darn it, I actually looked pretty damn fine". What a great piece of advice that turned out to be, pity I did not heed it. I am trying to now though Rolling Eyes It's terrible being a perfectionist Laughing

That is sooooo true - probably for all of us. I also think accepting ourselves without criticism doesn't mean we can't do anything and everything within our credit card limits to look our best at any age! Laughing Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 6:19 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Keliu,

How is the HF working on your skin issues (namely your chest)? I have all the same bumps and blotches. Did you ever have milia? I don't have zits of any kind so I'm not sure the HF is really the best Palacia device for this old skin.

My chest is still a work in progress. I used my microdermabrasion machine on it the other day so it's a bit red and irritated. However, I'm loving the HF device - I think it's my favourite tool. It has refined my skin texture. I don't have milia, but I do have sebaceous hyperplasia. I've been using Skin Biology's Exfol Serum and that is helping I think. But the narrow head of the HF is wonderful for treating lumps and bumps of any kind.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 30, 2010 8:44 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

My chest is still a work in progress. I used my microdermabrasion machine on it the other day so it's a bit red and irritated. However, I'm loving the HF device - I think it's my favourite tool. It has refined my skin texture. I don't have milia, but I do have sebaceous hyperplasia. I've been using Skin Biology's Exfol Serum and that is helping I think. But the narrow head of the HF is wonderful for treating lumps and bumps of any kind.

I had microdermabrasion on my chest at a plastic surgeon's office a couple of years ago. I hope your results are much better than mine. I too have SH (plus moles and milia and skin tags) on my chest from a second degree sunlamp burn 50 years ago! My forehead is covered with milia. I'll wait and see if Katy can Cook hers up! Very Happy

Just need a reallly good reason to order up an appliance!
faeriedust
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 10:53 am      Reply with quote
Hey
I did what you guys told me to do. I put the wand longer on my zit and I can see that it's drying up. But it still leaves red marks behind. *sigh*. I wish m zits wouldnt leave red marks and scars.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 31, 2010 4:23 pm      Reply with quote
faeriedust wrote:
Hey
I did what you guys told me to do. I put the wand longer on my zit and I can see that it's drying up. But it still leaves red marks behind. *sigh*. I wish m zits wouldnt leave red marks and scars.

Keep on keeping on! The red marks are part of the healing process and will eventually fade.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:06 am      Reply with quote
Hey faeriedust,

What I've noticed is that even after I've fried my zits with the HF device, I will not get any post-inflammatory hyperpigmentation (no brown scar). And I have quite a few of these brown marks pre-HF! Don't worry, the scab where the zit used to be will fall off in about 1-2 days and there will be no scar.

Hey Keliu, do you think that the HF device pretty much does the same job as a microdermabrasion device; that is, it works to exfoliate off the dead top layers? I'm sort of considering getting a microdermabrasion device, but I wonder whether it would be redundant. Though the *mechanism* of microdermabrasion is different from HF, it seems that the effect is about the same.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:50 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Hey Keliu, do you think that the HF device pretty much does the same job as a microdermabrasion device; that is, it works to exfoliate off the dead top layers? I'm sort of considering getting a microdermabrasion device, but I wonder whether it would be redundant. Though the *mechanism* of microdermabrasion is different from HF, it seems that the effect is about the same.

No, I don't. Not for me at least. The microdermabrasion machine really does scrape off the dead skin. I use Retin-A, a microfibre cloth and a Clarisonic. But when I use the microdermabrasion machine I'm always horrified at the amount of crap that comes off my skin!

However, I have sebaceous hyperplasia - blocked pores which cause cystic type lumps, so I do everything in my power to exfoliate and unblock the pores. I agree with you that the HF device refines the texture of the skin and pores - but I still wouldn't be without the microdermabrasion machine.

Have you considered doing Lactic Acid peels - they work very well for exfoliating the skin. I know you've mentioned before that you're dealing with blackheads - I've just recently started using Skin Biology's Exfol Serum (it's a BHA, Salicylic Acid, and is especially good for unblocking pores). So there are other options out there (apart from the microdermabrasion machine).

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 5:34 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu-- right now my skin is pretty clear (it's been a long time since that's happened!) It seems that using a serum with the HF treatment doesn't quite agree with my skin, or perhaps I should say that using it on bare skin has given me better results. When I use a serum with the HF, that's when I run into problems with blackheads...

I also use retin-a (.05%)-- and I've done lactic acid peels in the past, when my skin was younger! Perhaps it would work differently on my skin now... I'm just afraid about overly thinning my skin.

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 2:56 pm      Reply with quote
HI, Dumb question: Is Radio Frequency and High Frequency the same thing?

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 3:29 pm      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
HI, Dumb question: Is Radio Frequency and High Frequency the same thing?

Well, actually this looks like a very complex question. From my preliminary investigation, it appears that as the term "frequency" refers to so-called the Tesla current as it applies to our beauty devices. This is an alternating electric current having a frequency of 10,000 or more per second. The Palacia device produces a frequency of 200,000Hz.

Radio frequency refers to a subset of electromagnetic radiation with a wavelength of 100 km to 1 mm, which is a frequency of 3,000Hz to 30,000,000Hz. RF can refer to electromagnetic oscillations in either electrical circuits or radiation through air and space.

Thus, it would appear that the frequency produced by our HF devices is a subset of RF? I might have to do some more investigating...

Is there a device out there that uses RF? I've heard of RF assisted liposuction to melt the fat before it's sucked out; there are also ultrasound devices out there which rely upon ultrasound frequencies to deliver topicals & improve the efficacy of facial treatments.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 01, 2010 7:16 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Is there a device out there that uses RF? I've heard of RF assisted liposuction to melt the fat before it's sucked out; there are also ultrasound devices out there which rely upon ultrasound frequencies to deliver topicals & improve the efficacy of facial treatments.

The STOP Tripollar device uses RF technology. So it's not the same as HF or ultrasound. The RF machines heat up the underlying skin causing an "injury" which produces new collagen and elastin and supposed skin tightening. That's not a very scientific explanation - but if you Google Tripollar or Accent Laser you can find out all about it.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:12 am      Reply with quote
You know, after taking a look at these devices that use some sort of high frequency, I *am* starting to wonder whether it makes any difference to our skin whether the high frequency emitted from these devices comes from RF, ultrasound, or HF?

The primary benefits described by these devices sound pretty similar, although with some of these devices (like the Tri-Pollar STOP), the marketing is pretty thick.

It's not as though the skin is an organ that can differentiate among different sorts of waves (light waves, sound waves, electrical waves)-- unlike say, an eye or an ear. Thus, it seems that it is the frequency of the wave itself, no matter what sort of wave, is what delivers the benefit to the skin.

(OK, well wait a minute, I take part of that back. The skin *is* responsive to certain light waves-- for example, it does responds to the presence of LED's & UV light. But as far as radio waves, ultrasound, electrical waves go...?)

What the HF device *does* do that the others don't is create ozone. However, when using the indirect method (by using a serum on top of the skin) the creation of ozone is reduced, and the high frequency benefits are primarily what is accrued.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 4:57 am      Reply with quote
Well I have the STOP, an Ultrasound, an LED and, of course, HF and to me they are all quite different. For example the STOP gives off allot of heat whereas the Ultrasound gives off no heat at all. The LED is warm and soothing, whilst the HF is quite "prickly".

However, I think what you're saying is that it's the electricity that's benefiting the skin, regardless of how it's delivered. And you could be right about that. I was reading an article in this month's US Elle magazine about how scientists are now trying to incorporate electrical impulses into face creams. Apparently our bodies are full of electrical impulses that stimulate cells to promote healing.

Anyway, my skin gets more electrical current zapped through it than Dr. Frankenstein's monster! At the moment, I think my skin is looking the best that it has in ages. I just recently started back on Skin Biology's products - whether that's doing something I don't know. But I think much of it has to do with the HF. My skin has never looked so refined - now if only I could do something about the sag......

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 03, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
Well, what I'm trying to say (not very well) is that it seems that with the HF, RF & ultrasound devices, it's not the *means* with which the frequencies are generated (that is, *not* the electricity, radio waves, or sound waves), but the frequency itself-- the *rate* at which these waves are produced.

For our Palacia HF devices, this is about 200,000Hz; for the TriPollar STOP it's 1MHz (or 1,000,000Hz) for ultrasound devices it's 2-3MHz (or 2,000,000-3,000,000Hz).

However, it seems that it's not necessarily true that the higher the frequency, the greater the benefits. The TriPollar Stop faq's, says this about high frequencies:

"The body tissues have different electrical properties depending on the frequency of the electrical current. For example, at 1MHz the electrical resistance of the fat layer is higher by approximately 30% than the electrical resistance of the fat layer at a frequency of 40MHz thus it is more efficient to use 1MHz for heating fat layers under the skin. On the other hand at 40MHz it is more efficient to heat water than at 1MHz. As a result, 1MHz is more efficient than 40MHz in selectively heating fat cells, compared to other ("water based") skin cells."

But really, I have no idea. This is just my speculation!

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I'm still not understanding what you're getting at - physics is not my strong point! I'm still not sure how you can compare radio waves with sound waves for example. Or are you simply saying that as long as the frequency for these waves is high, then they will be beneficial?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 3:40 am      Reply with quote
Urgh, I'm not a physicist either Keliu, and everything I'm saying is conjecture! But yes, basically, I'm thinking that as long as the frequency is high, there will be some sort of effect on the skin.

Glad to hear that your skin is looking good Keliu! Mine is also looking better & better! I've cut back the HF to 1x/ day-- which is great in the mornings! And no new breakouts, despite continuing to do Tanaka 2x/day! I wonder if the HF really *has* killed off all the bad bacteria, or perhaps sloughed off all the acne-prone skin?

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Apr 04, 2010 4:26 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
I wonder if the HF really *has* killed off all the bad bacteria, or perhaps sloughed off all the acne-prone skin?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that HF kills bacteria and viruses. It's worked wonders on my warts and other weird crusty skin thingies that you seem to develop as you age. My chest skin is starting to become much smoother but it's also a little red raw in places because I'm literally trying to "burn" the solar keratosis off. But it seems to be working. The skin on my face looks smoother too, more refined and breakouts - well they're just a thing of the past.

This is now my ace number one gadget!

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 05, 2010 3:01 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you for the interesting comments regarding the different waves. One of these days I'll decide whether to get a stronger than Dermawand HF device or an ultrasound device. Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:05 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
JLM wrote:
I wonder if the HF really *has* killed off all the bad bacteria, or perhaps sloughed off all the acne-prone skin?

There is absolutely no doubt in my mind that HF kills bacteria and viruses. It's worked wonders on my warts and other weird crusty skin thingies that you seem to develop as you age. My chest skin is starting to become much smoother but it's also a little red raw in places because I'm literally trying to "burn" the solar keratosis off. But it seems to be working. The skin on my face looks smoother too, more refined and breakouts - well they're just a thing of the past.

This is now my ace number one gadget!

Keliu,

I wish you'd start a thread on your HF gadget. I'm having to hunt all over the place for the posts on it. I'm seriously considering it but haven't taken the plunge yet.
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 06, 2010 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Skippie this device is looking good to me too...and if Keliu is giving it high marks then that says a lot!

Sat Apr 20, 2024 7:15 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |