Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 6:43 am      Reply with quote
I'm afraid that most of the technical information is beyond my comprehension. Rolling Eyes

This makes for easier reading:

High Frequency Facial Machines For Acne and Anti-Aging
by THP
Filed under Health & Wellness

(THP) Looking for a safe, gentle, non-invasive means to achieve acne clarification and/or skin rejuvenation in the comfort of your own home? Through the application of holistic oscillating electrical current, high frequency facial machines have been show to improve acne, soften fine lines, improve the appearance of puffy eyes, tighten and tone sagging skin and even promote healthier hair growth by rejuvenating the condition of the scalp.

High frequency skin care technology is widely recognized and used by spa and salon professionals throughout the world due to its simplicity of use and overall effectiveness. A variety of personal skin care machines are starting to emerge, allowing the consumer the option of low cost, in-home private skin care treatment. Options include professional-grade portable high frequency machines as well as personal facial wand kits for home use.

History

High frequency current was first developed in the late 1800’s by renowned scientist Nikola Tesla. While it offers a number of functions, prior to the invention of ‘modern’ antibiotics, it was largely used for medical purposes such as an anti-bacterial treatment for strep throat and other infections.

By the 1970’s, European spas and salons discovered the cosmetic and healing benefits of high frequency electrical stimulation and by 1980, the the technology became widely used in North American by skin care professionals. The safe, non-invasive technology was quickly found to be very beneficial in the treatment of many skin conditions ranging from acne to wrinkles.

Widely used by prestigious spas and professional salons throughout the world today, this gentle healing technology has become an important component of many facial and skin care treatment regimens, procedures and programs.

How It Works

Estheticians around the world rely on the power of high frequency to kick-start the skin rejuvenation process. The safe and gentle oscillating, oxygenating power of low level electrical current has been shown to enhance blood circulation, increase collagen and elastin production, eliminate toxins and acne-causing bacteria, encourage lymphatic drainage, exfoliate dead skin cells and assist with improved skin care product absorption.

Such facial machines operate in conjunction with special glass electrodes which come in many different shapes and sizes. These electrodes are used to treat various areas of the body. When lightly touched to the surface of the skin or scalp, a mild high frequency electrical current passes through the neon or argon gas-filled glass electrode which then produces charged particles. This in turn causes the glass electrode to emit a calming energy in the form of an orange or violet ‘glow’. When applied to the skin, the subject will experience a mild zapping or buzzing sensation.

High frequency current stimulation forces an infusion of enriched oxygen molecules (holistic ozone) into the skin thereby cleansing, massaging, stimulating blood flow, dilating superficial blood vessels, re-texturizing, aiding in lymphatic drainage and promoting a pleasant sense of well-being. When touched to the skin, the high frequency electrode will produce either a neon-orange or neon-violet colored glow depending upon the inert gas that they are filled with.

High frequency current works on “skin toning” rather than “muscle toning” by causing a circulation rush to the skin in addition to partial thermal tissue warming. This function will cause a “natural” contraction of underlying blood vessels and tiny muscle groups. The dilation of the underlying vessels pushes away toxins, while the skin cells enjoy a feast of increased nutrients and hydrating volume. This result is an improvement in blood circulation and cell renewal. Increased production levels of Collagen and Elastin soften and smooth away wrinkles, reduce pore size and improve overall skin texture. High frequency has also been shown to maximize overall skin care product performance and absorption.

The application of low level electrical current also promotes a cleansing antibacterial action that helps eliminate and prevent the onset of acne. The skin is left feeling instantly energized, rosy, firm, refreshed and noticeably softer – even after just one treatment. The enriched oxygen molecules produced by the high frequency machine are safe and are also effective in treating almost any skin lesion from acne to burns, waxing procedures, cold sores, etc.

The Benefits

High frequency facial machines provide a gentle non-invasive alternative to dramatic plastic surgery procedures, laser resurfacing, chemical peels, Collagen and Botox injections and other invasive treatments. The results can vary by individual and skin type, are gradual, and will not just “magically” occur over night. Although high frequency has been shown to produce an immediate and temporary lifting effect, continued daily application can provide more cumulative long-term, lasting results for those seeking an anti-aging alternative. Interestingly, many acne sufferers have found improvements in their complexions after only a few days of use. High frequency has been shown to be an effective treatment for acne, enlarged pores, fine lines, wrinkles and sagging skin, puffy eyes, dark eye circles, cellulite and even thinning hair.

Is High Frequency Treatment Considered Safe?

High frequency is a safe, holistic approach to skin rejuvenation treatment however the following precautions should always be taken: avoid using AHA or Glycolic Acid products with high frequency machines. Avoid contact with broken capillaries, spider veins and areas of rosacea. Do not use high frequency during pregnancy. Do not use if you have a pacemaker or heart disease history. Avoid wearing metal jewelry while using high frequency. Never operate a high frequency machine with a broken bulb. Do not use outdoors, near water or around combustible substances. Avoid use during pregnancy.

http://www.truehealthyproducts.com/health-wellness/advantages-of-high-frequency-facial-true-healthy-products-wellness-spa-in-merritt-island-fl/

I think it's reassuring that these type of machines have been around since the 1800s. I'm sure that if they were found to have caused premature aging then they would no longer be used. At least they have a history of usage, unlike many of the other gadgets that we use such as LEDs and the RF devices.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 7:32 am      Reply with quote
OK, science is not my strong suit, but this is what I gathered from the above article re: ozone and skin.

- Ozone is not a free radical; however, the presence of ozone does lead to the creation of free radicals (Bad)

- The outermost skin barrier, the stratum corneum, will sustain the greatest oxidative damage from exposure to free radicals created in the presence of ozone. Antioxidants in the SC, such as vitamins C & E will be depleted while exposed to ozone. (Bad)

- In an experimental mouse model analyzing what happens to the epidermis & dermis when exposed to ozone, it was found that that proinflammatory marker cyclooxygenase-2 (COX-2) expression was detected, which confirmed the role that O3 can play in skin inflammation. (Bad)

- However, in the same mouse model, O3 was also associated with increased levels of heat shock proteins (HSPs), which are involved in cell proliferation, apoptosis and inflammatory response. Enhancing HSP expression induces a healing response in the skin. (Good)

- Again, in the same mouse model, increased levels of metalloproteinase-9 (MMP-9) were found, which may contribute to the enhancement of skin ageing and formation of wrinkles. (Bad)

- Proliferating cellular nuclear antigen (PCNA) is a protein synthesized in the early phases of the cell cycle involved in DNA replication and repair. PCNA is induced by stress responses that cause DNA damage. Thus, oxidation can affect proliferative behaviour in target tissues. (Good)

- O3-induced changes in Keratin 10 (K10)resulted in increased keratinocyte proliferation and differentiation. (Good)

- Changes in the redox state (that is, reduction- the gain in electrons, and oxidation- the loss of electrons) have been shown to activate the NF-κB intracellular signalling pathway; this cascade includes several kinases and transcription factors. NF-κB-mediated signal transduction has been implicated in the regulation of viral replication, autoimmune diseases, tumorigenesis and apoptosis, and in the inflammatory response. In this regard, the activation of NF-κB is known to play a crucial role in COX-2 gene activation, suggesting that O3 plays a role in the expression of numerous proinflammatory and adaptive inflammatory responses. (This was pretty much lifted straight from the article). (So, both Good and Bad)

Keep in mind, the mice were exposed to ozone for 6 hours at a time, for 6 days straight.

The article also goes on to say this: "Basic and clinical work developed during the last 15 years has shown that transient treatment and small O3 doses can reactivate useful body functions and might display therapeutic activity."

The bottom line seems to be that ozone exposure activates oxidative stress responses, some good, some not so good.

In light of this information, it seems that it would be wise to protect the outer layer of the skin with some extra antioxidants, as well as to limit the amount of time that use the DermaWand or other HF device.

Has anyone else read the article yet? Am I correctly interpreting the findings?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Feb 16, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
JLM - there's lots of interesting reading here on Ozone therapy:

http://www.oxygenhealingtherapies.com/intro_ozone.html#whyozone

Especially the section entitled "Ozone is Toxic! Why are we Using Ozone?"

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 3:51 am      Reply with quote
Yeah, well, the article I gave the link to earlier *does* definitively state that ozone creates free radicals & depletes the outermost layer of the skin of vitamins C & E. That sounds pretty bad to me. I think this is evident in the dry skin you can see if you overuse the DW.

I am *inclined* to think that what the ozone does (that the DW & other HF machines create) is activate a healing response in the skin, sort of like what dermarolling does. But again, I'm not a science person, and I would really appreciate someone with a science background to interpret the article for me.

I love my DW for how it heals my acne, but I'd like to avoid premature skin aging and wrinkling as well.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:25 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Yeah, well, the article I gave the link to earlier *does* definitively state that ozone creates free radicals & depletes the outermost layer of the skin of vitamins C & E. That sounds pretty bad to me. I think this is evident in the dry skin you can see if you overuse the DW.

I am *inclined* to think that what the ozone does (that the DW & other HF machines create) is activate a healing response in the skin, sort of like what dermarolling does. But again, I'm not a science person, and I would really appreciate someone with a science background to interpret the article for me.

I love my DW for how it heals my acne, but I'd like to avoid premature skin aging and wrinkling as well.

Try doing some research on the Violet Ray - this is the original name of the high frequency device as invented by Nikola Tesla. There's more useful information under this term than trying to search high frequency. I came across this which may be of interest to you:

http://www.cayce.com/vray.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 4:32 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
JLM wrote:

Try doing some research on the Violet Ray - this is the original name of the high frequency device as invented by Nikola Tesla. There's more useful information under this term than trying to search high frequency. I came across this which may be of interest to you:

Thanks Keliu. However, it's not the HF per se that I am concerned with, but the effect of ozone on the skin & body. Am researching.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 5:21 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Thanks Keliu. However, it's not the HF per se that I am concerned with, but the effect of ozone on the skin & body. Am researching.

What about this:

Ozone is an activated, unstable, trivalent (three atoms) form of oxygen. Oxygen is O2; ozone is O3. Over a period of 20-30 minutes, ozone breaks down into two atoms of regular oxygen by giving up one atom of singlet oxygen (O). This singlet oxygen is a powerful oxidizing agent. When ozone enters the bloodstream and separates into O2 and O, the healthy cells, armed with antioxidants, absorb the O2 and repel the O, which zeroes in on the diseased cells and neutralizes them. At one shot then, ozone nourishes healthy cells and destroys malfunctioning ones. Ozone therapy, thus, provides all the benefits of oxygen therapy—which is believed to have anti-aging properties, improves body functioning and promotes longevity by preventing cell death.

http://www.lifepositive.com/body/new-age-therapies/ozone-therapy/ozone-healing.asp

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 17, 2010 8:42 am      Reply with quote
You know Tonya at Beautiful on Raw website sells the violet ray and she has a science background from reading her bio. so she maybe a good one to shoot an email to.http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Holistic_Device_Violet_Ray.html

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 18, 2010 2:14 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the links. I haven't yet had a chance to look at them yet (I'm out of town now). It seems that the evidence of how ozone affects the body is such a mixed bag. I still feel like I have to continue looking into the matter.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:38 am      Reply with quote
Well, I wish I could say something definitive about how ozone affects one's health, based on the research that I've done. However, it appears that the evidence, to me at least, seems very mixed.

Established medical science does not have a lot of good things to say about ozone, such as the article that I posted earlier. Ozone has been found to have these effects on health:

- Short-term exposure to ozone peaks can temporarily affect the lungs, the respiratory tract, and the eyes. It can also increase the susceptibility to inhaled allergens. Long-term exposure to relatively low concentrations of ozone can reduce lung function.

- Human population studies at ozone levels currently observed in Europe have reached inconsistent conclusions regarding effects of ozone on the frequency of asthma. They have provided little evidence of long-term effects on lung cancer or mortality. However, results suggest that long-term ozone exposure may affect lung function growth in children

- Ozone appears to have effects on health independently of other pollutants, particularly in the case of short-term exposure to concentration peaks which occur especially in the summer

- The presence of other air pollutants, especially particulate matter, can enhance or otherwise influence the effects of ozone, and vice versa.

- Individuals in a population respond differently to ozone exposure, depending on how old they are, if they are asthmatic, how much air they breathe in, and for how long they have been exposed to ozone. The reasons for this difference in responsiveness remain largely unexplained but appear to be partly linked to genetic differences.

The above facts were taken from http://www.greenfacts.org/en/ozone-o3/index.htm#2.

However, there is a lot of positive stuff written about ozone, mostly from alternative health practitioners. The following link has a lot of information about from this perspective:

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/ozone/oz.htm

I've learned some interesting things from this site. For example, although ozone does produce free radicals, the unpaired O- that results when O3 stabilizes to O2 does not react with healthy cells, which have an enzyme coating around them that protects them from the action of oxygen. However, diseased microbes have no such coating and are therefore destroyed by oxygen. Thus, ozone distinguishes between friends and foes and attacks only invading pathogens, and cells that have been damaged and infected, thereby losing their coating.

It seems that if you are asthmatic or have otherwise impaired lung function, you might want to think twice before using a HF device, or at least do some research. However, ozone seems relatively benign, at least at the level that these HF generate (I believe.)

So, I have decided to keep my professional HF device from Palacia Skincare-- and I have to say, I love it even more than the DW! It seems to have a stronger pore refining capacity, yet seems more gentle on the skin. I just used it last night after doing the Tanaka massage (which I have not been able to do because of the breakouts) and this morning, my skin is clear! We'll see what happens, but I'm very excited by the prospect of being able to do the Tanaka massage again!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 22, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
JLM - I've had some problems with my scalp lately, namely itching (which I always have) and a bout of dermatitis. I have ditched all commercial shampoos and am now using a DIY version made from Castile Soap. Plus every morning I use the Palacia high frequency device with the comb attachment and run it through my hair. The itching has completely stopped and the scabby spots from the dermatitis have healed up. In addition, all the itchy sore spots on my chest have also cleared up. I'm itch free and am very happy!!!

I've also done a great deal of reading on high frequency and I'm satisfied with the safety aspect. What reassures me is the fact that this kind of treatment has been around for a long time - it's not new. I'm sure that if there were some real concerns with this type of treatment they would have surfaced by now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 11:15 am      Reply with quote
I really love my HF device from Palacia Skincare! I liked the DermaWand, but this professional HF device blows it out of the water! My skin is finally beginning to look good again, after a a six-month period of continual breakouts! Pores are looking really tiny & skintone looks nice and even! I wish I had gotten this thing earlier! Huge rave!

I use my HF device 2x/ day, in the AM & PM, for about 5 minutes each, on bare, cleansed skin. Does anyone else have a different protocol? (And would you mind explaining the rationale?)

Also, has anyone noticed that their sagging skin has tightened up? (I have not myself-- I don't have much skin sag-- but I am curious if others have experienced this.)

The only downside that I have noticed is that my skin is a bit flaky on the areas that are healing (like old acne scars.)
gmann

Thu Feb 25, 2010 12:31 pm      Reply with quote
I am new to HF device. I recently bought one from palacia.

I normally use the bulb electrode to treat my hormonal breakouts. It is helping it dry out quickly but no dramatic effects yet. Hopefully it will help to get my condition in control.

JLM/Keliu,

Is your mushroom electrode looks bright orange when turned on?

Mine is faintly orange only on top and color is only visible in dark.

Thanks,
gm
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Feb 25, 2010 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
I really love my HF device from Palacia Skincare! I liked the DermaWand, but this professional HF device blows it out of the water! My skin is finally beginning to look good again, after a a six-month period of continual breakouts! Pores are looking really tiny & skintone looks nice and even! I wish I had gotten this thing earlier! Huge rave!

I use my HF device 2x/ day, in the AM & PM, for about 5 minutes each, on bare, cleansed skin. Does anyone else have a different protocol? (And would you mind explaining the rationale?)

Also, has anyone noticed that their sagging skin has tightened up? (I have not myself-- I don't have much skin sag-- but I am curious if others have experienced this.)

The only downside that I have noticed is that my skin is a bit flaky on the areas that are healing (like old acne scars.)

I've got to agree! I've only been using it once a day - although I used to use the DermWand twice a day. I was worried that it might be overdoing it to use the more powerful device twice a day - but if you're doing it, then I might too. I sometimes use it on bare skin, sometimes over serums and Pomegranate Oil.

I've also been using the comb attachment on my scalp - no more itching (although I've ditched commercial shampoos as well and this has definitely helped). I'm now using the mushroom shaped wand on the side of my neck where I have a collapsed disc and am unable to turn my head to the left. This is also greatly improved pain wise. I haven't noticed any lifting of sag though.

Guamm - my mushroom electrode is definitely bright orange, even in daylight. If you're worried that there may be something wrong with yours, email Charllene at Palacia charllenewang@gmail.com - she's always been very helpful to me.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 3:24 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
I'm now using the mushroom shaped wand on the side of my neck where I have a collapsed disc and am unable to turn my head to the left. This is also greatly improved pain wise.

Wow, this in itself is amazing! I wonder how the HF works to improve the pain? I can see how it improves things on the surface/ skin level, with the exposure to ozone, but how does the HF work beyond that? I wonder...

Yes, I wonder if working the HF 2x/ day is a bit much, and I do get some flakiness, as I said (especially since I'm not using anything pre-treatment). But what I'm trying to do is prep my skin in order to be able to resume Tanaka 2x/ day, which I plan to follow with the HF to head off any incipient breakouts (the reason why I stopped Tanaka). I feel that Tanaka works best for me if I do it 2x/ day, so I suppose that I'll have to do the HF 2x/ day as well.

The reason why I asked whether you used any pre-treatment serums is because I'm not sure how the ozone/ oxidation would react with what you're putting on your skin. On the one hand, it seems that you'd want to put some sort of antioxidant (with C&E especially) on your skin to protect the stratum corneum (outermost layer). On the other hand, it seems that the ozone targets the weakened cells (like scars) that you would want to get quickly rid of & turnover anyway. It would *seem* that putting on some sort of antioxidant would inhibit this process. I suppose that it couldn't hurt to put something on, but it's just that I want to get the maximum benefit from the HF! Are you happy with the pomegranate oil Keliu? I'm thinking about using red palm oil...

And my mushroom head is definitely bright orange...
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 4:44 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Wow, this in itself is amazing! I wonder how the HF works to improve the pain? I can see how it improves things on the surface/ skin level, with the exposure to ozone, but how does the HF work beyond that? I wonder...

I wonder too! However, somewhere in all my reading on the uses of high frequency it said that it also helps arthritis. I don't know how it reaches down to bone and cartilage - but according to all my reading, there's not much that high frequency doesn't cure!

We were having a discussion some time ago about whether to use topicals or not. I did some research, and most instructions say to use on bare skin. However, the DermaWand instructions say to use with a topical. I think both methods are fine. I wasn't convinced that it was ok to use it with oil but Sigma said that it was. So just to cover all bases, sometimes I do a treatment on bare skin, sometimes with topicals, sometimes with oil. I hadn't thought about your point about using it with anti-oxidants though - I'll have to think about that some more. Anyhow, regardless of what I'm doing, the solar keratosis on my chest are looking much better - not gone, but improved.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 6:07 am      Reply with quote
Here is where it mentions arthritis:

The violet ray was recommended in the readings for a host of disorders-- poor circulation, nervous disorders, arthritis and rheumatism, hair and skin disorders, problems with digestion and elimination, female reproductive disorders, prostate disease, cataracts-even possession and schizophrenia. One of the most frequent recommendations concerned problems related to poor circulation. When the violet ray is applied, the resultant surge of blood to oxygen-starved tissues stimulates lymphatic and capillary circulation, clearing cellular toxins and strengthening body organs. Duration of treatment ranges from one to thirty minutes.

Note, it also cures possession - now that could come in very handy! Laughing

Arthritis is also mentioned in this unpublished book, Electrical Healing and the Violet Ray - which makes for quite a fun read,

http://www.rife.de/files/violet.pdf

Fri Feb 26, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Thanks JLM and Keliu. I have sent email to Charllene. I know Palacia's customer service is good and I hope I get is replaced soon.
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:33 pm      Reply with quote
You know, I own both the DermaWand & a professional grade high frequency device, and I would strongly suggest bypassing the DW & getting the professional grade HF device.

The DW is about USD$70, while the HF device I purchased was about $200.

I *really* feel that the HF device has been a game changer for me.

I originally got the DW so that I could resume Tanaka & deal with the breakouts-- which it does fine, but the profesional HF device has taken everything to a whole new level.

I feel that the DW would be fine for travel, as it is more sturdy, but the HF device does things much better. For one, the zapping hurts less. Two, I've seen a dramatic improvement on my skin since using it.

My blemishes have *never* healed so fast & it has prevented new ones from forming. My pores are *way* smaller, and my acne scars are really fading fast. I am now able to do Tanaka 2X/ day.

I don't think I really have saggy skin, but hubby said that my skin looks tighter. (He is a major skeptic, but he has conceded that this is something that has actually improved my skin!) BTW, I am 39 yrs old.

All this has been occurring since I've been using the HF device for the past 2 1/2 weeks, twice a day.

I've used the HF device using both the direct & indirect method-- that is, both on bare skin (direct method), and with something between my skin & the device, like a serum (indirect method).

It seems that with the direct method, you are forming ozone, which is what works to kill the bacteria and dry out the skin. While I was using this method, my skin became *very* peely for a few days; strangely enough, it became less peely after a while. I *think* what might have happened (my unscientific guess) is that all the old, unhealthy skin was slough off & shed, like a good peel. Also, I noticed that my skin was able to absorb my lotions & creams much better afterwards.

With the indirect method, it seems that my skin is better able to absorb whatever I put on it. I prefer using HF for product penetration as opposed to the short-needled dermarollers (which I've dabbled in) since I don't need to clean & disinfect them before using. My skin looks more toned & lifted with the indirect method.

This is the same sort of zapping device the esthetician uses on your face during a facial.

After using this HF device, I *really* wonder why more people don't use these at home. For me, it's just been like I said, a game changer.

Also, I was wondering whether any HF device users have noticed any hyperpigmentation lighteneing? I have some age spots on my cheeks, and they *are* lightening. However, I'm not sure whether it's because of the HF device, or something else I'm doing. (I've stopped doing Obagi for the past week, just to see what would happen; the spots are continuing to lighten, so it's probably not due to the Obagi. However, I'm taking an anti-candida treatment as well, and I've read that candida might be linked to some types of hyperpigmentation. So, it could be this.) I'm also continuing to use .05% retin-a.

One interesting thing that I've read is that high frequency *ultrasound* has been used in a study to enhance the effects of niacinamide & vitamin C to reduce hyperpigmenation. I wonder if this HF device can deliver the same sort of effect?
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:43 pm      Reply with quote
JLM I read your earlier post on the professional HF device, & tried to find any sites selling this over the DW, but to no avail Sad

Do you have a link to a site selling your device ? Can you give me its exact name & maker?

I did find a site you mentioned it began with P - Pac something, but the device they mentioned was not "professional" as you stated.

I am UK based so either someone who sells here or can ship, but we get hit with tax if customs stop our parcels, just my luck Sad

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Katy,

Here's the link from the site where I purchased my device:

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=PROFPORTHIGHFREQMACH

Good luck!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:07 pm      Reply with quote
JLM thanks, which colour gas did you go for?
neon gas (orange red) or Argon gas (violet blue).

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 2:25 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for all your insights JLM. I will check out the pro model although I may have to save up for that...I also want the AALS.

Cooking Katy, not sure how to help. I see the Dermawand on Ebay but it looks like they don't ship overseas.... I wouldn't want a used model either!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
I have to agree with everything JLM said about the Palacia High Frequency device. I also don't know why more people don't use these devices - they really are a "magic wand". And yes, I have noticed lightening of hyperpigmentation. I actually posted about this a while back when I was initially using the DermaWand - but I think it might have been on another thread.

The professional device is a much better investment than the DermaWand - and really, it is still portable because it comes in a fitted plastic case which protects the electrodes from damage. For those of you outside of the US, just note that you'll have to buy a voltage converter to be able to use the 120v device with 240 voltage. I bought one on Ebay for around $5.00 and it works great.

As for broken caps and rosacea - the instructions say not to use over these conditions. But there is no reason you couldn't use it on other areas. I do have broken caps, especially all over my chest - but to be honest, I haven't seen any worsening of them by using the device over them. But it's always better to err on the side of caution.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 07, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
Cooking Katy, I have the neon-- I believe that Keliu also has the neon? I really don't think that it makes much of a difference, although the neon is *supposedly* better for mature skins, while the argon is better for acne. But since the principle on how these devices work is based on HF, I don't think it really matters what the inert gas is. However, perhaps there's some sort of connection based on the same color principle of LED devices? I don't have an LED device, so I don't know what color is supposed to do what, but it's a thought...

I noticed that I've recently been getting blackheads on my acne-prone areas (cheeks & chin)-- which is a huge improvement over the cystic acne that I'm prone to getting-- but it's been since I've been doing the indirect method, using my own homemade serum. I've used both red palm oil & vit C (my first time using it) and hempseed oil & vit C. Could it be that it's oxidation that I'm seeing? It could also be that red palm oil doesn't agree with me, but I wonder... At least these blackheads are relatively easy to extract.

I prefer the glowy look I get after using the indirect method with my HF device with my serum, but obviously, I don't like the blackheads.

Conversely, I don't like the dried out, wrinkly, peeling look I get immediately after using the direct method with no serum, although that is easily correctly by applying my lotion & topicals afterwards.

I guess I'll just go with doing the direct method, no serum, if I continue to get blackheads.
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 10:35 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |