Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:10 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I probably would not buy a used HF device now. Laughing

Laughing Ah, the hidden traps of buying beauty tools!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:14 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Foxe - Those are incredible results for only two weeks time! I think I'll up my use to a consistent twice a day. I work on my neck and shoulders also (with the comb) on highest power. There I really do notice a difference in any discomfort I might have.

Consistency is probably the key. BTW - I also use the mushroom attachment on my neck and shoulders and it seems to have loosened up some tightness and discomfort I had there. Saves a trip to the chiro!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 7:17 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Sorry if I've now placed an unforgettable picture in your minds!!!

skippie wrote:
I say whatever works - go for it!! BUT - I probably would not buy a used HF device now. Laughing

thanks for the laugh skippie!! Laughing Laughing

I actually appreciate the tip, Keliu. It may come in handy some day. And actually easier than a 3 day Tx w/ a gooey ointment.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I actually appreciate the tip, Keliu. It may come in handy some day. And actually easier than a 3 day Tx w/ a gooey ointment.

Well, on the serious side of things - the reason that there are so many different kinds of glass heads available for this device is because in the past it was used as a cure all for absolutely everything. There's a probe for every orifice in the body!

My neck also continues to improve from the daily treatments.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 28, 2010 6:02 pm      Reply with quote
This may be a fluke but my tinnitus was particularly bad the other evening and I used the mushroom head in front and all around my ear. The noise in my ear was noticeably quieter when I finished and even sounded different. Instead of the hissing sound, it sounded just like the HF on high. Very Happy

It didn't cure the tinnitus but now I do this same ear circling thing every time I do the face, back of neck, and shoulders. I considered sticking the thing in my ear but I'll wait for Keliu to do that first. Laughing Laughing

Ladies, I think we have a very healing instrument here.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 2:34 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
I considered sticking the thing in my ear but I'll wait for Keliu to do that first. Laughing Laughing

After where I've stuck my probe - the ear would be a cinch!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 29, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Zoftig wrote:
I considered sticking the thing in my ear but I'll wait for Keliu to do that first. Laughing Laughing

After where I've stuck my probe - the ear would be a cinch!!

Laughing Laughing Laughing You guys are killing me here!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Quick question (sorry if this has been discussed before) but will this device help with age spots, scars, etc? I've got one pesky spot that won't go away and that's even using my LightStim. So I'm just curious if it helps lighten spots or at least improve their appearance. Thanks Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:37 pm      Reply with quote
White Wolf,

It is not mentioned by the Palacia HF seller, but another similar model made a claim about lightening the age spots. Sorry I don't remember which one - I researched all of them! I haven't seen anything about the scars. I think the Timepeel claims to eventually deal with both of these issues.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
Quick question (sorry if this has been discussed before) but will this device help with age spots, scars, etc? I've got one pesky spot that won't go away and that's even using my LightStim. So I'm just curious if it helps lighten spots or at least improve their appearance. Thanks Smile

I use the narrow probe and zap any dark spots and raised bumps - this eventually "burns" them off. It is a long process though, not a quick fix. I'm sure this would help for scars too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 5:55 pm      Reply with quote
Ah, thanks for the answers. Smile I think I'm going to get one especially for use with hair too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 30, 2010 10:38 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
WhiteWolf wrote:

I use the narrow probe and zap any dark spots and raised bumps - this eventually "burns" them off. It is a long process though, not a quick fix. I'm sure this would help for scars too.

Keliu - are the raised bumps flesh colored and appear suddenly without ever coming to a head? I think mine may be trapped oil that just eventually go away. I zapped them yesterday a couple of times and they got harder but haven't gone away yet. I'm not prone to zits of any kind - just these lumps on the outside of my cheeks. Either the Timepeel or the HF seems to be bringing them to the surface. This may or may not be a good thing. Any thoughts on this?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 12:12 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Keliu - are the raised bumps flesh colored and appear suddenly without ever coming to a head? I think mine may be trapped oil that just eventually go away. I zapped them yesterday a couple of times and they got harder but haven't gone away yet. I'm not prone to zits of any kind - just these lumps on the outside of my cheeks. Either the Timepeel or the HF seems to be bringing them to the surface. This may or may not be a good thing. Any thoughts on this?

I suffer from Sebaceous Hyperplasia which is basically blocked pores. They are impossible to get rid of - but my skin has improved with using Retin-A. I don't think the HF treatments have done that much for them - but it has definitely helped with the Solar Keratosis on my chest and other "crusty" sort of bumps. I'm very prone to blocked pores and I think the key to keeping them at bay is exfoliation and a BHA product (I use Exfol Serum). I do think though that the HF treatments work wonders for refining the skin - it all helps.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 8:28 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Keliu! I agree - the HF has definitely improved the overall texture of my skin! Maybe the Timepeel just isn't enough exfoliation for me. I had hoped it (with the Clarisonic) would be - anything acid seems to aggravate the bumps and make them red. Back to the drawing board. I'm beginning to think my solution lies with a hazy mirror. Laughing Thanks for the info!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 4:55 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Thank you, Keliu! I agree - the HF has definitely improved the overall texture of my skin! Maybe the Timepeel just isn't enough exfoliation for me. I had hoped it (with the Clarisonic) would be - anything acid seems to aggravate the bumps and make them red. Back to the drawing board. I'm beginning to think my solution lies with a hazy mirror. Laughing Thanks for the info!

Exactly! Peering into a magnifying mirror doesn't help at all, they should be banned!

Have you tried a Lactic Acid peel? My skin seems to get quite dry and red from Glycolic Acid creams, but tolerates Lactic Acid well. You could just start off with a mild one and see how you go.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 31, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I did NCN Pro Pumpkin peel about once a week, then had to stop when I started Retin A. I stopped the Retin A when when all the bumps became very irritated - had no problem with peeling tho. That was all months ago - I'll think about it and start one or the other again to see how my very sensitve skin skin reacts. The Timepeel and HF just may have conditioned it a bit so I can do something stronger now!
hipplan

Mon Aug 02, 2010 12:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi all,

This is my first post, I have been reading for a year now. I have read this thread and even ordered my first gadget. I can't wait til I get it Smile

I was wondering if someone has tried the HF device on other places other than on the face (arms, stomach, legs)?
It would be interesting to hear the results.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 02, 2010 11:46 am      Reply with quote
hipplan - just neck and shoulders so far for me. Ask Keliu......smile

Welcome to the forum!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:04 am      Reply with quote
I finally used the HF on the highest setting and it really does tingle. When I finished, I had a film on the mushroom head that I've never had with a lower setting. Do you think that's dead skin or soap scum or makeup/sunscreen residue or something else? Does anyone else have that film when you finish?

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 5:20 am      Reply with quote
I have that film too and was wondering what it was as well!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 03, 2010 7:15 am      Reply with quote
I've used mine on high for some time and haven't noticed a film on the glass. I use a microfiber cloth beforehand so I wouldn't probably have any skin residue. Could it be the ozone?

My skin smells so bad afterwards that I've been rewashing my face. I just read yesterday that you should actually leave it on for awhile - makes sense, it's the ozone (plus the warmth) that is doing the healing!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 4:55 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
I've used mine on high for some time and haven't noticed a film on the glass. I use a microfiber cloth beforehand so I wouldn't probably have any skin residue. Could it be the ozone?

My skin smells so bad afterwards that I've been rewashing my face. I just read yesterday that you should actually leave it on for awhile - makes sense, it's the ozone (plus the warmth) that is doing the healing!

If you haven't had the film and you're using a microfiber cloth first, Zoftig, that seems to indicate that it might be dead skin.

Are you exfoliating first, SkinDeep38?

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I typically don't exfoliate before using it

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
I get a film of sorts on my glass tubes - and I use a washcloth or exfoliating cloth beforehand. Hmm? I have such oily skin that I thought it was some oily residue. Now I'm wondering since so many others say they have it too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 8:21 pm      Reply with quote
Does everyone get the real strong odor from the ozone?? Mine will last for hours afterwards in my hair. It's off putting but I'll not stop and I'll probably always use it on high.
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 6:06 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |