Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
RussianSunshine
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 04, 2010 9:03 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
This is a good question, and one that has come up before. It is the latest question on an Estheticians Forum that I'm watching - so when a answer comes in there, I'll let you know. In the meantime this is from the Palacia Skincare site:

http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/Articles.asp?ID=131

Effects of Direct High Frequency:

•Disinfect skin
•Drying and healing seborrhea / acne
•Provides effluvation - warming sensation to increase skin temperature.

2. Indirect High Frequency - Is the use of the current for relaxation and sedation. Unlike the direct method the current flows through the surface of the body, and has a regenerating action.

Use for Indirect High Frequency:

•To aid penetration of a treatment cream/ampule by increasing blood flow in certain areas, whereas infra-red or massage would stimulate the entire face.

•To assist in massage for an aging skin using the indirect method.

Effects of Indirect High Frequency:

•Stimulates blood lymphatic flow
•Stimulates the heat in the tissue
•Stimulates seboceous secretion
•Stimulates relaxation effect

So apparently, there is a difference between direct and indirect high frequency.

Keliu, is this device similar to the ProLight High Frequency Beauty Device:

http://www.prolightaesthetics.com/catalog/item/6603459/6534133.htm
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:20 am      Reply with quote
foxe wrote:
I get a film of sorts on my glass tubes - and I use a washcloth or exfoliating cloth beforehand. Hmm? I have such oily skin that I thought it was some oily residue. Now I'm wondering since so many others say they have it too.

I didn't even think of oil, foxe. I have oily skin too so maybe that's what it is. I wonder if SkinDeep has oily skin.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 5:22 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Does everyone get the real strong odor from the ozone?? Mine will last for hours afterwards in my hair. It's off putting but I'll not stop and I'll probably always use it on high.

I have a strong odor while I'm doing the treatment, Zoftig, but it doesn't seem to hang around very long. I am loving the tingling I get on my scalp when it's turned on high. It really seems to give my hair a lot of shine too.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
RussianSunshine wrote:
Keliu, is this device similar to the ProLight High Frequency Beauty Device:

http://www.prolightaesthetics.com/catalog/item/6603459/6534133.htm

Sorry I'm late in answering - but I haven't been receiving the notifications (it's so annoying when that happens).

I'm not familiar with the ProLight model - but I would say that it looks more similar to the DermaWand in that it's compact and doesn't have interchangeable glass rods.

If you're thinking about getting a HF device, I would urge you to consider the more professional devices - they're more powerful and the different glass heads are very useful - (and I should know!) Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 7:18 am      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
I finally used the HF on the highest setting and it really does tingle. When I finished, I had a film on the mushroom head that I've never had with a lower setting. Do you think that's dead skin or soap scum or makeup/sunscreen residue or something else? Does anyone else have that film when you finish?

I get the film too - not all the time, but sometimes. I especially notice it if I have used the device after applying a serum or cream. If I use it on a clean face after a shower, the glass head is relatively clean. However, I notice it on the comb head quite often and have to clean it regularly. So I think it's either product or oil, or both.

As for the ozone smell - it really doesn't bother me.

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 05, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
I do have oily skin, Skippie...not too sure what that film is...

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 14, 2010 5:51 am      Reply with quote
I used the HG right after I had done a moor mud treatment and there wasn't a film on the mushroom head this time. That leads me to believe it's either oil (because I'm pretty sure the mud did a good job of cleaning the oil off my skin) or film from the soap I use.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
Oh my god! I just read through this entire thread and I am soooo intrigued.. does it really help with acne, though? I know JLM had great results, anybody else using it for blemish-prone skin?
I also have several tiny weeny little warts (possibly seborrheic keratoses?) on my face. Was that the kind of warts you had, Keliu?

I am so excited. This sounds way too good to be true, but if it works for me I'll be the happiest ever. I've suffered from light acne all my life, recently it's gotten worse, so unless I want to go back on birth control, I really need something to regulate this. My birthday is coming up soon, so I would be able to invest in this.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 8:39 pm      Reply with quote
I've had great success using the HF for blemishes, I highly recommend it for that.

I wonder if these 'warts' you mention are Sebaceous hyperplasia instead? Look at these pics and see if yours look like these:
http://www.skinsight.com/adult/sebaceousHyperplasia.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 19, 2010 10:31 pm      Reply with quote
Hm.. kinda, but not really. I googled seborrheic keratoses but it doesn't really look like that either. I have no idea. My dermatologist back in the day just said it's from sun exposure and to exfoliate to make them flatter Confused
Did your HF help you with those?

But that's great, foxe, that you had success with blemishes. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of acne/blemishes did you have? Do you still get it? And (I think you mentioned it somewhere in this thread but I forgot) do you use the Palacia HF?

Oh my, this is exciting. Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I'm finding that when I use the HF on my hair, my scalp itches like crazy the next day. I'm not sure if it's drying my scalp out or if it's something else.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:51 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,
My scalp itches like crazy immediately after using the HF. I assumed it was the stimulation effect that causes hair regrowth. A day after?... maybe you're just a late responder... but it's still a good thing don't you think?
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 4:45 am      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Skippie,
My scalp itches like crazy immediately after using the HF. I assumed it was the stimulation effect that causes hair regrowth. A day after?... maybe you're just a late responder... but it's still a good thing don't you think?

I'm glad I'm not the only one, Zoftig. I certainly hope it's something positive happening.

late responder - the story of my life Laughing Laughing

Sat Aug 21, 2010 9:01 am      Reply with quote
Does anybody use both the neon and the violet electodes. I just got the violet set in and they seem much cooler to the skin than my neon ones. Also has any one tried galvanic machines.So far I have used mostly the neon spoon electode and I believe it has helped with pore size and smoothed out texture.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 21, 2010 10:03 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Hm.. kinda, but not really. I googled seborrheic keratoses but it doesn't really look like that either. I have no idea. My dermatologist back in the day just said it's from sun exposure and to exfoliate to make them flatter Confused
Did your HF help you with those?

I have only one or two of these and did not see a great deal of difference using the HF on them. Exfoliating can help as can using Retin A. Exposure to the sun can cause them, but they are mostly hormonally related/androgen sensitive. Some people get them more than others, is all. I know of someone else who's derm just zaps them off occasionally for her and she keeps them in control w/ a topical BHA.

Quote:
But that's great, foxe, that you had success with blemishes. If you don't mind me asking, what kind of acne/blemishes did you have? Do you still get it? And (I think you mentioned it somewhere in this thread but I forgot) do you use the Palacia HF?

Oh my, this is exciting. Very Happy

I have a lot of clogged pores/blackheads that are gradually improving. Last year, my skin reacted terribly to 302's skin care line, and it took a long time to recover. The HF did a great job of settling down the skin after an extraction (I tend to do that to a lot of my clogged ones Crying or Very sad ), and I know I shouldn't. It acts as an anti-septic on it with the ozone. The HF also helped to settle down inflammed ones(which occured on their own). I do use the Palacia.

Frankly, for acne, I'm finding the Wonderbar and some other moor mud products are working fantastically. The HF just helps in that.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:22 pm      Reply with quote
I was planning to start using Retin-A again. I tried about 6 months ago, slowly eased into it and after a week my skin had the worst reaction that left hyperpigmentation for about 2 months or so. It was pretty terrible. But I'm going to try again, even more slowly, I guess.

But my mind is made up, as soon as I have a little bit of money coming through I'll get a Palacia Very Happy Very Happy

Just one thing that confused me on their site ( http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HIGH%2DFREQUENCY%2DMACHINE ) was that it says:

Safety Precautions and Maintenance

- Remove any type of metal such as jewelry pieces while using the machine
- Do not use the device if you or your client have concerns of couperose skin, acne, or high blood pressure

Confused

And you all have the neon one, right? I'm sort of tempted to get the violet one, because my skin isn't oily and my main concern right now is acne, but then again I'm scared to stray from the pack, lol. Violet looks really pretty, too.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 2:01 pm      Reply with quote
Also, would anybody mind directing me to any other helpful forums/articles regarding the palacia? I've been looking but can't find anything useful.
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Also, would anybody mind directing me to any other helpful forums/articles regarding the palacia? I've been looking but can't find anything useful.

Penta,

The only place I've seen it discussed is here:

http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Holistic_Device_Violet_Ray.html

She calls it the Violet Ray but it's the same device.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:44 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, skippie! Oh yes, lol, I've seen her videos on youtube!
arjdette04

Wed Aug 25, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
Skippie wrote:
Palacia had a 15% off coupon over July 4th. If I see another one, I'll be sure to post it.

That was a great information we've got from you, Skippie and thumbs-up for it. Ive also watched it in You tube. I am really looking for more discount coupons so that I can save more money.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 9:47 pm      Reply with quote
I am so excited about getting this! Anybody has more rave updates? Very Happy
MoxieMama
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone familiar with Prurigo Nodularis?

My father has this on his scalp and it is can be painful and quite itchy. He has been taking a low dose tetracycline for decades to keep it under control but earlier this year it caused him to have a seizure, which thankfully did not seem to have caused any long term effects but we are concerned about it happening again.

I am encouraged by the results the HF can have on acne, which is essentially what this scalp condition is.

Has anyone used or known someone who used HF to deal with conditions like the prurigo nodularis?

Thanks!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 28, 2010 11:19 am      Reply with quote
Hi moxiemama,

hm, I don't know of anybody, since I only know the ladies on here that use the palacia. However, I think it might work. I read the wikipedia article about Prurigo Nodularis and, as you said, it's somewhat similar to acne.

Let's hope somebody more knowledgeable than me answers.
Good to know your father is okay, though. I hope you find something that works for him.

All the best! Smile
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 8:26 am      Reply with quote
I used a vitamin e oil with the HF last night. I usually use it on a clean face, so I wasn't sure what to expect. I was surprised to find that I felt the treatment more and I couldn't do it as long because my skin was beginning to hurt. Is anyone else using a product prior to treatment?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 29, 2010 11:34 am      Reply with quote
Skippie,

I use the ELS serum beforehand (from SAS) and it doesn't hurt... but does get warm. How long are you using it each time?
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 5:46 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |