Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 05, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
I see, foxe, thanks. So do you just cover and zap the general are of the blemish? Because I think this is what I am going to end up doing Laughing
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 9:48 am      Reply with quote
It arrived!!

Now this might be a bit of a silly question but if you disinfect the electrode with rubbing alcohol right before you put it on your face won't some of the alcohol get on your skin? I'm asking because my skin is insanely sensitive.

I can't wait to try this! Very Happy
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 3:23 pm      Reply with quote
That's great, Penta. I just clean mine with alcohol right after I use it. Then I don't use it again until the next day.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 10, 2010 7:32 pm      Reply with quote
Okay, so I sat down, cleaned off the top of the mushroom with rubbing alcohol and turned it on. Shock Wow, it is way louder than I imagined! When I turned it all the way up it woke up my kitty who slept next to me. And he is a very sound sleeper Laughing
Also, the violet glow was sort of just in the 'neck' of the electrode, not all the way in the mushroom head.
Then.. I chickened out. Embarassed I just used it on my leg (I have some water retention above my knee). The violet glow then rose all the way up in the mushroom head. I zapped an old scar, and moved it around my leg a bit until I got more comfortable with it.
Then I disinfected again with rubbing alcohol and put it back in the styrofoam (?) packaging it came in.

I have to say, I don't mind the smell at all. I know it from somewhere, just can't put my finger on it. What I find scary is the noise!

Skippie, do you just put the electrode back in the original packaging?
I think I'm being paranoid about germs Laughing
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:43 pm      Reply with quote
To answer your question, Penta, yes I put the heads I'm using back in the case.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 4:58 pm      Reply with quote
Penta,

I had to laugh about your cat. My dog seems never less than 3 feet from me till I use the HF!

It can be very intimidating at first but look at the scary video I posted several pages back:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YJvEHt9g1Fk

I wasn't so frightened after seeing what that man did without any painful consequences! Very Happy I also was afraid of pulling the glass tubes out each time but I just pull out at the base and thats fine.

I clean mine but am not so nervous as you about any bacteria. Remember - that is an important function of the HF - it kills bacteria. Very Happy
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 11, 2010 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Skippie. That's what I did.

And that is a very good point, zoftig Smile
I have also been nervous about spreading bacteria around my face, but you are right! It kills them! Very Happy
My kitty actually woke up with a scared face and huge fight or flight mode pupils Laughing

Tomorrow I will use it on my neck and on my chest where I have the most annoying itchy rash right now.
Then maybe by next week I will have upgraded to full facial usage Laughing
hipplan

Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:49 am      Reply with quote
Hi girls!

I have a question.
Is it safe to use the HF device under the eye areas?
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
Hi, hipplan, sorry I don't know, I don't use it there.

Just a quick update, I've been using my Palacia on my chest and neck rash for the last 4 days. It has gotten considerably better but I seem to develop broken veins. I'm not sure if it's veins, it's just 2 small blood red dots that are not raised. Also, this might be completely unrelated, but this morning I noticed 3 red veins in my eyes that were definitely not there before (I pay close attention to my eyes). I am not sure if anything is related to the Palacia at all, but will be cutting down to see what happens.
The rash definitely has gotten better, though Smile

Does anybody else have any updates? Where have you all gone Sad
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 10:33 am      Reply with quote
hipplan

I don't use it close to my eyes because I have lens implants and don't want to mess with them. If you read back through the this thread I think someone was doing undereye work.

Penta

You might want to pm Keliu. She doesn't always get notices for this thread. She has done extensive work on her chest for a variety of issues and is also our most experienced user of HF. I'm sorry I don't have any answers for you but I'm still here!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:41 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Zoftig! Very Happy

Are you still using yours?

I'm a bit sad because I can definitely see results, and I've had this rash for 4 months now! I think if I continue what I'm doing now it might be gone in a week or two, which would be just great!
But I'm a bit scared now.
About the eyes, as always, nobody could possibly know if it's related to HF, it would be a bit odd, but I can't think of anything else that could have caused it. And I wouldn't be worried if I knew they were going to go away again, but I have had one big vein in my right eye for 2 years now and nothing has helped to get rid off it Sad So now I'm a bit worried.
The little red dots on my chest don't worry me too much, but before I use it on my face I need to be sure they'll go away again/are not caused by the Palacia/are a common side effect that people have experienced and that will go away in no time etc.

I seem to be over sensitive to everything in the world Sad I wish I could just enjoy the results and not worry about the other stuff.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 3:45 pm      Reply with quote
Penta - the little red dots on your chest might be Cherry angiomas. I've got a few of those and they're pretty common. We get more of them as we age. I've never found anything to get rid of them that I can use at home. Dr's can zap them off w/ lasers or cryotherapy.

I'm still using my HF twice a day. I use the narrow tube for blemishes and then the mushroom one for all over. Still liking it. I haven't noticed much else besides keeping my blemishes at bay. But, since that's my main purpose, I'm happy. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 16, 2010 4:42 pm      Reply with quote
Penta,

I agree with Foxe about the little red dots. I've had them on my chest and midriff for years and they don't go away. I did a bit of research of cherry angiomas at the time and decided to just leave them be - they are soooo tiny. I don't have any on my face but it's not impossible to get them there. I wouldn't worry about the HF causing them. Since I have at least a hundred of the little suckers it appears I am prone to developing them. After many, many uses of the HF on my face I still don't have a one there. I hope others chime in with their experiences to help you. You'll just have to do what you feel comfortable with.

The broken veins in the eyes would concern me but not because of the HF use on the face. It might be a good idea to see an eye Doc about them in any case.

Happy to hear about the rash improvement!
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
I'm baaaaack!! I've been in the wilderness with no phone or internet - snorkeling every day. So all my beauty treatments pretty much went out of the window (or should that be porthole!) - except for HF! It's so easy and quick, like brushing your teeth, so it was no trouble to keep on keeping on.

Regarding some of the questions that have been raised lately - yes, I have got rid of all the lumpy, crusty bits (solar keratoses, warts etc)! But HF is NOT a quick fix, it requires constant treatment, but eventually they will dry up and fall off. I've also completely cured my itchy scalp.

HF definitely kills bacteria and viruses - what else can kill a cold-sore overnight? (not even medication does that). For acne prone skin and breakouts of all kinds (including rashes) HF is extremely effective. It's also wonderful for zapping insect bites.

I'm also still treating my neck and bodgy knee. I've noticed if I don't do the treatment the pain comes back, so there's no cure. But if I do the treatments regularly, I'm pain free.

As for using HF on clean skin, or over topicals - I try everything. I mix things up. Sometimes I do a treatment on clean skin, sometimes after applying my serums (not Retin-A though) and sometimes I do both. I've never bothered with using the gauze though - but I've got skin like an elephant and the zapping sensation doesn't bother me. Likewise, I never bother with putting a finger over the probe before applying it to the skin. I think that technique is aimed at estheticians to avoid giving people a "shock" (not an electric one!)
I also can't be bothered to remove all my jewellery - but I do think it would be advisable to remove necklaces.

I'm also not pedantic in sterilizing the glass probes. I just give them a quick wipe with a tissue after I've finished. It is important to thoroughly clean them regularly though because the bottom of the probe can become encrusted and the connection can become effected. I usually use rubbing alcohol to clean them. For storage, I always put them back in their case. But I'm on a boat. If I was at home, I think I'd just keep them in a glass in the bathroom - like my toothbrush and toothpaste.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 17, 2010 6:13 pm      Reply with quote
Hi guys!

Thanks for the replies.
I image searched cherry angiomas Confused not sure if that is what I have.. they are definitely not raised at all. It's more like a broken vein, but round, if that makes any sense? They're completely flat, maybe even under the skin? I never had those before..hm.

I didn't use my HF yesterday night, so this morning there was no further improvement on my rash Sad I started treating it with hemp oil a few days ago so I thought maybe that's contributing to it going away, but apparently it really is the HF.
So I'm going to continue using it twice a day again.

foxe - my main concern are blemishes, too, so if it helps that I will be more than happy. Oh, so so happy.

Zoftig - I went to an eye doctor before, he just said I have dry eyes and prescribed some eyedrops that didn't do anything for the redness. I don't think there is anything that can permanently get rid of red veins once they're there Sad
But, I took a good look in the mirror this morning before using the HF and then after, and there was no visible change in redness.

It's probably unrelated and just bad timing.
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 8:00 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu! We've missed you. Glad your back - you contribute so much to this forum.

I also use the HG on my krinky neck (old injury) and back and it's worked better than seeing a chiropractor. That'll save me some $$.

And, I store mine in the case. I have enough room for them in a glass on the counter top (good idea Keliu!), but there's too many other things on my counter, so back they go into the case.

Penta - there are some other types of angiomas, so search around for info. You just might have a diff type. For blemishes, I do think using a gauze works better, but it's a hassle and doesn't get brought out much. The HF is def. the way to go for them, though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi Keliu! Welcome back!
I actually really shocked myself the other day, it was quite painful Sad BUT I am overly sensitive to everything.
The blemish that I zapped left a bit of a brown mark and I was very careful to not zap from too far away. Again, I am very sensitive and a lot of my blemishes leave a mark, even if I leave them alone.
If this should really work for my acne I will use this twice a day for the rest of my life Laughing I have no problem with that!

Keliu - About the cleaning of the bottom.. do you mean the metal bit? I never clean that Embarassed I had no idea it can become encrusted! Will clean it religiously now.

As or my rash, it's still improving! Very Happy
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Penta

She means the glass part. Some of the gals have noticed the part that touches your skin gets a coating on it. I'm only answering for Keliu because she could be underwater again. Very Happy
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
I'd love to be underwater right now Very Happy

Oh okay, thanks, Zoftig. I've been cleaning that very thoroughly. I stayed away from the metal bit, as it never touches anything but the handle.

I just came back from lunch and looked in the mirror. My rash has gotten sooo much better in just 1 week. Crazy.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 4:57 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Penta

She means the glass part. Some of the gals have noticed the part that touches your skin gets a coating on it. I'm only answering for Keliu because she could be underwater again. Very Happy

Coming up for air.......!! I mean the glass part next to the metal bit that slides into the handle. That part seems to collect more gunk that the actual head that touches the skin.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 6:55 pm      Reply with quote
Really? Shock Okay, I'll definitely clean the neck extra carefully now Smile Thanks for the heads up.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 18, 2010 10:43 pm      Reply with quote
My Palacia sounded very different tonight, more high-pitched and kinda tinny Confused I now cleaned the metal part but am scared to turn it on again. Really hope it's not broken.
besterry1

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Be sure that the probe is securely in the base. I use the spoon attachment for all over face and under the eyes. I probably go under the eye area only a couple of times a week because I do not want it to get dried out but I want to stimulate the area. I have noticed that my face is smoother and that I have not had any underground blemishes in the last 2 months. I use the pinpoint probe for any small white heads that appear and they do seem to heal faster.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:32 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry Keliu, I thought you meant the glass part that touches the skin. Duhhhh on me! Very Happy
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 5:50 pm      Reply with quote
Sooo today I drove 200 miles round trip to attend a lecture on the Violet Ray by a woman who once worked at the McGarey clinic in Phoenix. It was actually about some of the Cayce readings involving the Violet Ray but nothing specific that we do not already know. I did see the old Violet Ray machine and saw a demonstration. It had about seven of the glass attachments and the original manual that went with it. There seems an unlimited use for it (in terms of ailments).

It can be used in ways even Keliu has not experimented with.....but give her time, give her time. Laughing

Frankly, I didn't learn anything new to pass along to you involving our skin treatments. The old machine had a y-shaped glass tube that kind of looked like critter horns that you would use down the spine (stimulating both sides of the vertebrae at the same time). I would love to have that one in a size that would fit the Palacia!
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 18, 2024 9:19 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |