Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 6:42 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds very interesting Zoftig - was the lecture mainly concerned with the healing aspect of the device?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 7:07 pm      Reply with quote
Oh wow, Zoftig! How interesting! Too bad you didn't hear anything new, there seems to be limited amounts of information on it. I guess it helps with almost everything.
And when you were talking about other ways to use it were you by any chance referring to prostate problems? Embarassed Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Sep 19, 2010 11:07 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
And when you were talking about other ways to use it were you by any chance referring to prostate problems? Embarassed Laughing

Whilst I might be prepared to poke my probe where others fear to go - I have a feeling my husband would not be as adventurous! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Penta wrote:

Whilst I might be prepared to poke my probe where others fear to go - I have a feeling my husband would not be as adventurous! Laughing

Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing Laughing
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 20, 2010 8:42 pm      Reply with quote
Does anybody else notice that the ozone smell lingers? My husband said I smell like ozone the other day...and that was about 6 hours after I had used my HF. Confused
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 2:48 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
Does anybody else notice that the ozone smell lingers? My husband said I smell like ozone the other day...and that was about 6 hours after I had used my HF. Confused

Surely, no smell really lingers for that long. Not even Channel! Penta - me thinks you are a worrier!! Just sayin'! I think it's important to enjoy your beauty treatments - if you worry about every little thing - you'll defeat the purpose. Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:02 am      Reply with quote
I am a worrier for sure!
But I honestly don't mind the smell, I even sort of like it. It reminds me of something pleasant, I am not quite sure what.
Hubby, though, is complaining it's making him 'nauseous' Rolling Eyes
He says he can smell it all day. I just wanted to make sure that this is him and not me not smelling it.
He even said our apartment smells like ozone all the time now Rolling Eyes I can't smell a thing, but good to make sure.
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 9:03 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:

Surely, no smell really lingers for that long. Not even Channel!

Laughing Laughing
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:02 pm      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
I am a worrier for sure!
But I honestly don't mind the smell, I even sort of like it. It reminds me of something pleasant, I am not quite sure what.
He says he can smell it all day. I just wanted to make sure that this is him and not me not smelling it.
He even said our apartment smells like ozone all the time now Rolling Eyes I can't smell a thing, but good to make sure.

You've probably got him worked up about it by stressing too much about the whole thing - "tell them nothin'", I say! You've probably made a remark about the smell and so know he can smell it all day long - and the nausea - well that's just typical!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 7:40 pm      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
Penta wrote:
I am a worrier for sure!

You've probably got him worked up about it by stressing too much about the whole thing - "tell them nothin'", I say! You've probably made a remark about the smell and so know he can smell it all day long - and the nausea - well that's just typical!!

Laughing I tried to hide it! But he heard the buzzing and walked in on me! He was like "what. is. that?!" Laughing So I had to explain.
I am pretty sure the smell is not what is making him nauseous but Rolling Eyes
Not gonna change my routine, anyway. He'll just have to deal with it Bad Grin
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 21, 2010 11:32 pm      Reply with quote
Welcome back Keliu! I really missed your voice on the forum! your wilderness experience sounds amazing...and snorkling is something i've always wanted to do.

so, i'm trying to understand more about this gadget...it works to keep the skin smooth... as well as zapping outbreaks,right...(since outbreaks have never been a problem for me i won't want to get this device if that is primarily what it does)....and also helps w/aches and pains(like if we're too strenuous w/exercising for example)

personally i love ozone...i really have an affinity for it... and have 'almost' bought the professional violet ray device many times..but have been holding back in order to save for another... $6500.... energy/healing device utilizing the tesla coil....but now i'm thinking i may want to get this product while i'm saving!

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 3:09 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
personally i love ozone...i really have an affinity for it... and have 'almost' bought the professional violet ray device many times..but have been holding back in order to save for another... $6500.... energy/healing device utilizing the tesla coil....but now i'm thinking i may want to get this product while i'm saving!

Thanks for the welcome back! - Yes, I'm completely addicted to snorkeling (I've never plucked the courage up to do diving). But the minute you put your head under the water and check out what's there, it's amazing - totally another world that's different everytime you look. Of course, I'm up here on the Great Barrier Reef - and that is the No.1 place for coral and tropical fish - so I'm spoilt.

Now what is this other expensive device you're referring to? I'm completely hooked on the whole ozone thing - it seems to be a cure-all for all sorts of things. IF it manages to soften wrinkles and build collagen that will be a bonus. But I definitely think there's a benefit to the treatments, regardless of what it's doing.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:43 am      Reply with quote
Keliu

The first half of the lecture was about different poultices and castor oil treatments and the second half was mainly about the Violet Ray. She knew it was used in the ARE Clinic in Phoenix but had no personal experience with it. She basically read (from the manual of the old, old Violet Ray) an A-Z list of the different ailments that could be treated. I don't think there was anything it couldn't be used for. The straight glass rod that you ladies use for blemishes was (in this kit) about 1/2 inch in diameter and used for hemorrhoids, menopause, and heavy periods.
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:58 am      Reply with quote
The actual Cayce readings about the VR were very specific for each patient as far as ailments and times of treatments. Another patient with the same ailment could have much different information.

A lady in the class had a brown recluse spider bite on her leg that so incapacitated her that she could not walk. She treated it solely for about a week with castor oil packs (changed every 2 hours) and the VR. It healed with no scarring at all. She uses it for absolutely everything now - from toothaches to arthritis - and has for several years. I think I will include castor oil in my use of the VR from now on!

The demonstration was done on a man with no previous experience with the VR. He had a small skin cancer on his finger and she treated it with the bulb about 1/4 inch from the skin, zapping it for over a minute! She said the manual advised the treatment should last for ten minutes! That shocked me. He really felt the area afterwards and I would be very curious about the after effects. I can't believe the manual said to lift it from the skin.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 4:38 pm      Reply with quote
Lifting the device from the skin is the standard treatment for pimples - it's called "sparking" because when you lift the head away from the skin it causes a "spark" which kind of zaps the skin. You are supposed to do this several times to treat breakouts. This is how I treat warts etc.

I'm very interested in the use of Castor Oil. Why Castor Oil? Is it because it has drawing/purging properties. What ailments does the Castor Oil help with?

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
I'm curious about the castor oil too. What exactly is a 'castor oil pack'?

Also, I thought the machine could only handle a few minutes at the most (10 if I remember), so if it is used to treat one area (the cancer spot), then that would be the only are treated until the unit rested for a while?

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 8:46 pm      Reply with quote
Good question, foxe. I was actually wondering that, too.

Sorry, a bit of a digression here but just had to ask you guys real quick. I'm seeing massive improvement in my rash, I'm so happy. It is almost gone. Very Happy
My husband is getting really annoying, though. I picked him up from work today (about 8pm) and he claimed he could still smell the ozone (11 hours after I used my Palacia!). I quoted Keliu and told him nothing lingers that long, not even Chanel Laughing His mind is made up, though, so annoying Rolling Eyes I'm going to ask a girlfriend about this, I cannot smell a thing.

Anyway, so since my rash is almost gone and this has been a great success, I want to start using it for my blemishes. Now here's my question, I do a Manuka honey mask every night, should I use the Palacia afterwards and then just apply moisturizer? Or before, then wash my face, do the honey mask and then moisturize? I'm asking because I usually don't rinse off the dead skin cells or whatever is left on the skin after use, I just moisturize with Hemp oil. Is that how you guys do it?

I my Palacia!
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:15 pm      Reply with quote
I totally understand about sparking and using it on blemishes. I just thought you would spark it once and then do it again daily or twice a day until it healed. I was just amazed she sparked him continuously over a minute and said it should be ten. He really felt the heat afterwards and said it was growing more intense as we left.

Castor oil is probably more prolific in the Cayce readings than the VR. It is used for anything and everything. Here is the information on the pack:
http://www.cayce.com/castoroil.htm
http://www.choosing-natural-health.com/castor-oil.html
Zoftig
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 22, 2010 9:19 pm      Reply with quote
More info on Castor Oil from http://home.earthlink.net/~jimrharris/tecr.html

Castor Oil is called the Palma Christi, or "palm of Christ." Many cultures through many centuries have credited it with miraculous healing powers. Dr. McGarey reports that in his clinical practice, no single remedy has surpassed castor oil in treating so broad a range of disorders, "from appendicitis to scleroderma...pain syndromes, slipped discs, hyperactivity, tumors, tinnitus, nausea, etc." (p.46)

Castor oil can be applied locally, in drops on the problem area, taken orally, or used in packs. Many years ago, I dissolved a large cyst on my shoulder that a doctor said would have to be surgically removed by massaging castor oil into it. After a month, the cyst dissolved into loose grit, and disappeared.

Dr. McGarey cites the case of his own son, whose serious puncture wound healed in a few days; pain from the wound, he reports, stopped immediately after a castor oil pack was applied. In my personal experience, castor oil packs have stopped a bleeding kidney, and helped to cure ulcerative colitis.

No one really knows how or why castor oil works. It appears to normalize the lymph flow in the body, thus aiding in waste disposal (elimination). Particularly when applied in warm packs, castor oil serves to remove toxins directly from the area of the body treated, and to reduce if not eliminate inflammation and irritation. Who has swallowed a tablespoon of castor oil and not noticed its stimulating and soothing effect on the bowel?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 3:16 am      Reply with quote
Very interesting!! I use Castor Oil in my OCM and, of course, I've heard about taking it internally. But I've never heard of applying Castor Oil Packs. I'm definitely going to try rubbing the oil on my knee and neck before I treat with HF.

Thanks Zoftig, I love hearing about these types of old remedies.

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 23, 2010 6:46 am      Reply with quote
You are very welcome, Keliu. I also love learning about natural remedies! Cayce made a remarkable statement: there is no illness that cannot be cured using what nature has placed on the earth for our benefit.

For others interested who are not familiar with the oil, only a small amount is needed. The lady using it daily said she only uses it by drops. Too much is not better just messier.

I'm not sure if there are different grades of the oil but I did buy the Palma Christi one from Heritage (on the Cayce site).

One last note - Cayce suggested using a baking soda/water solution after treatment to remove the "toxic" material drawn by the oil onto the skin.

I've taken us off topic but just wanted to share a possible addition to the HP treatment!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 5:00 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the info on the castor oil, Zoftig. I've been using vitamin e oil and much prefer that over using the HF with nothing on my skin. It would kind of hop and skip around and I'm not sure I didn't cause some spots on my skin because of that. I'll have to try castor oil too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 8:24 am      Reply with quote
You are welcome, Skippy. I tried it last night and again I'll warn to be very careful in putting a small amount on. I was a grease slick!

I'm going away for the weekend so if there are any more questions I'll have to get back to you later!
Penta
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 24, 2010 9:40 pm      Reply with quote
When you use your palacia do you notice that the skin gets red around the problem areas? My skin gets pretty red and irritated, even if I don't spark. When I zap it's red for about an hour. That's normal, right?

Also, sorry to ask again, but do you guys wash your face/rinse off the dead skin cells after using HF?
karenlee
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 7:41 am      Reply with quote
CookingKaty - how much was the customs? (I am in UK too) How long did it take to arrive? Are you still happy with it?

Thanks
KL
System
Automatic Message
Thu Apr 25, 2024 7:12 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Shira Nutriburst Illuminator Booster (30 ml) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |