Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Sep 27, 2010 9:28 am      Reply with quote
Penta wrote:
When you use your palacia do you notice that the skin gets red around the problem areas? My skin gets pretty red and irritated, even if I don't spark. When I zap it's red for about an hour. That's normal, right?

Also, sorry to ask again, but do you guys wash your face/rinse off the dead skin cells after using HF?

The back of my neck gets pretty red, Penta. I consider that to be a problem area. Since I'm now using vitamin e oil before treatment, I do wipe my face afterwards.

Sun Oct 03, 2010 11:38 pm      Reply with quote
Hello all,

I recently got a high frequency device after reading the recommendations here.It really exceeded my expectations ---I find it very good for acne. My existing pimples healed much more quickly and new ones disappeared the next day after zapping.

I like it so much that I've gotten a comb electrode separately from ebay as I suffer from itchy scalp. Do any of you ladies know if a 12mm electrode will fit my Taiwan-made device? Also, any updates about how it works on the hair?

Thanks in advance!
Skippie
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:26 am      Reply with quote
Quote:
Also, any updates about how it works on the hair?

It seems to be making my hair grow faster but it's not helping the gray. Good thing I decided to embrace it. Bad Grin

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 5:47 am      Reply with quote
I don't know that it's doing that much for my hair, but it has definitely stopped my scalp from itching.

What size are the attachments that came with your device, if they are 12mm, then the comb should fit. Which device to you have?

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:41 am      Reply with quote
I dont know if my attachments are 12 mm or not...mine's a tabletop one, "Mosty" brand. It was the only one I could get locally and the sellers themselves don't seem to know very much about it. Does it help with dandruff, if you ladies have any?
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 04, 2010 6:53 am      Reply with quote
fern81 wrote:
I dont know if my attachments are 12 mm or not...mine's a tabletop one, "Mosty" brand. It was the only one I could get locally and the sellers themselves don't seem to know very much about it. Does it help with dandruff, if you ladies have any?

I've never had dandruff - I have the opposite problem, I get a waxy build-up on the scalp, so it's not dry.

However, HF is great for rashes, so I would imagine that it would work for a dry scalp.

Jusst Googled and found this:

Dandruff Treatment
High frequency treatment for dandruff

This is actually a beauty salon treatment that involves electric high frequency treatment. Adjust the high frequency machine between 10 to 20 degrees depending on the individuals. Attach the dandruff electrodes and the ultra violet ray passes through and kills the infection internally causing the dandruff. Comb well scraping the scalp with the dandruff electrode. Do it for 5 to 7 min. Section the hair and apply a lotion on the full scalp. Massage the scalp well with finger tips for ten min. so that the lotion get absorbed well. Allow the hair to soak for 10 min and then shampoo it .

http://natural-homemade-beauty-tips.blogspot.com/2008/08/dandruff-treatment.html

Mon Oct 04, 2010 7:00 am      Reply with quote
thanks Keliu, that's helpful Smile
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 28, 2010 4:17 am      Reply with quote
I think everyone will find this very informative. The link was posted by MaryClaire on another thread but I'm re-posting it here as well.

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Bioelectronics/Tesla/VioletRay.htm

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 4:26 pm      Reply with quote
I am definitely getting a VR, especially if I can use it for headaches. Smile I had no idea it can be used for so many ailments.

Castor Oil packs... I tried using Castor Oil and a heating pad in hopes of clearing a blocked fallopian tube but sadly it was too far damaged and was removed over the summer. It has helped some women though and for menstrual problems.

Interesting about the spider bite, my Mother In Law got bit and it was pretty serious. I may buy her a VR and see if it helps speed up healing for her.

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi,

For those of you who haven't invested yet. I have one from e-volution 21 that I paid $47 dollars (including very quick shipping)for & it works great. My husband said they should all be about the same (he's a phD engineer) & saw no reason for me to buy the one from Palacia.

This one also has 4 attachments all of which I use. I used to have very itchy scalp & that is now a thing of the past. Hair fall also seems reduced.

Healing of acne is quite rapid & some eczema I have had on the back of my neck forever is now gone. (after 2wks!) Also 2 AK's I have on my face are also all but gone.

I LUV this device!!
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:39 pm      Reply with quote
Cabrita, can you post the website.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:46 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:

Frodo, you beat me to the punch! Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:50 pm      Reply with quote
Oh so sorry ! It is on e-bay here :
http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Frequency-DArsonval-Acne-Therapy-Device-/220683118718?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3361bd287e
Frodo
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Frodo wrote:

You almost didn't because I messed up on the quote, had to edit and then I messed up again, but I finally did get it done.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:03 pm      Reply with quote
Frodo wrote:
DarkMoon wrote:
Frodo wrote:

You almost didn't because I messed up on the quote, had to edit and then I messed up again, but I finally did get it done.

LOL, That sounds awfully familiar especially on an iPhone! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 29, 2010 7:05 pm      Reply with quote
cabrita wrote:
Oh so sorry ! It is on e-bay here :
http://cgi.ebay.com/High-Frequency-DArsonval-Acne-Therapy-Device-/220683118718?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item3361bd287e

Thanks cabrita for posting the link! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:33 am      Reply with quote
That's much cheaper than the Palacia device, anyone know if there is a difference between the two? I'd rather buy one for $50ish versus $200 especially with the holidays approaching.

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:45 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
That's much cheaper than the Palacia device, anyone know if there is a difference between the two? I'd rather buy one for $50ish versus $200 especially with the holidays approaching.

I am going on cabrita's husband being a phd, engineer and not seeing a reason to buy the Palacia device. However I thought the Palacia gives you 2 choices on the type of gas? I am just not sure, but might try the one cabrita linked to and if it doesn't do the trick just save up for the Palacia? I am still unsure about the advantages of one gas over the other?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:40 pm      Reply with quote
I don't know about the difference between the Ebay device and the Palacia one, but I remember the reason we were all initially excited about Palacia over the DermaWand was the power - the Palacia operates on more than 200,000 cycles per second and the DermaWand was 100,000 cycles per sec. I would further investigate the brand for the cycles per second and also where it is made. Might make a difference if you have to replace the glass wands.

The difference in the gasses is basically one is mainly for the pimples and the other more for pimples plus anti-aging benefits. Neither was more powerful than the other.

I would certainly consider it for a gift for someone for anti-aging benefits but only after I determined how powerful it was. I have checked several sites and no information was given in that regard at all. Most probably a good product.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
A seller (New Spa) on Amazon pricing it at $139.00 has this as the information?

Product Description
The device working principle is high frequency alternative current 200000 cycles per second. It is so rapid it does not stimulate motor or sensory nerves. Professional Grade High Frequency D'Arsonval device allows to perform two methods of HF applications: direct ...

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 30, 2010 7:06 pm      Reply with quote
On another site. I found a few more but they just confirm the same information. Smile

http://face-steamer.com/professional-grade-portable-high-frequency-darsonval-facial-device/

Product Description
The device working principle is high frequency alternative current 200000 cycles per second. It is so rapid it does not stimulate motor or sensory nerves. Professional Grade High Frequency D’Arsonval device allows to perform two methods of HF applications: direct and indirect.
Professinal High Frequency Portable device has on/off intensity regulator, a plastic handle and a selection of 7 glass electrodes which fit into the handle and come in different shapes and siz. . . More

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:40 pm      Reply with quote
Looks really good to me! Did any of them mention where it was manufactured? Just wondering, as this might make a difference in the wand size for replacements. Somewhere I read the European and Eastern models have different size wands. I would like to get this one for my sister.

Keliu did extensive research on different models so hopefully she'll chime in and enlighten us!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
Looks really good to me! Did any of them mention where it was manufactured? Just wondering, as this might make a difference in the wand size for replacements. Somewhere I read the European and Eastern models have different size wands. I would like to get this one for my sister.

Keliu did extensive research on different models so hopefully she'll chime in and enlighten us!

From what I found the electrodes/bulbs are sized 11.5 mm which is the same size as the Palacia BUT they are round based where the Palacia is flat based so not interchangeable. I see some bulbs for sale but the price is high! I did learn and you all may already know this the bulbs contain the gas so you could purchase either for these products. I am still thinking on this. I know Keliu really searched and studied these HF devices prior to making a choice, that makes me hesitate to jump to buy one of these?

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:13 pm      Reply with quote
That's good information, Dark Moon. Did you happen to read on one of the reviews that the bulbs were fragile and care had to be taken when inserting them? One of the ladies broke hers and gave it a bad review. Seems to be my only reservation so far. I would take the chance but I'm not sure I would want my 77 year old sister to have to.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Oct 31, 2010 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
Zoftig wrote:
That's good information, Dark Moon. Did you happen to read on one of the reviews that the bulbs were fragile and care had to be taken when inserting them? One of the ladies broke hers and gave it a bad review. Seems to be my only reservation so far. I would take the chance but I'm not sure I would want my 77 year old sister to have to.

I did see that the bulbs are fragile, again I wonder if she was really handling them roughly or if you need to treat these with kid gloves? I plan on searching on this further to see what else I can find about this model?

Mon Apr 15, 2024 11:53 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |