Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
derbycity wrote:
Keliu wrote:
Re hair treatments: I have very, very fine baby hair which is cropped very short. If I don't comb it properly at the back you can see my scalp. This tends to annoy my husband who has a habit of yelling at me "You've got bald patches at the back" - just what a girl wants to hear!

However, he said to me the other day, "Your bald patches aren't showing any more" - so I said, "I think my hair might be a bit thicker" and he said "It definitely is". So I'm putting this phenomenon down to my nightly hair treatments with HF.

Hello Keliu.
I am so confused.....when you said I have very fine hair and I have to comb it just right not to see the bald spot....that is me to the t! Please tell me exactly which device you use and please what products you use on your hair. Thank you very much Question Wink

My "bald" patches aren't from loss of hair as such - but just like a baby's hair, so fine that if it's not combed "just so" my scalp is visible. Since I've been using the High Frequency device with the comb attachment, I believe my hair is more manageable and there seems to be more of it. It is NOT possible to create more hair follicles, we are all born with a certain number and that is all we will have through life. But I'm prepared to believe that the HF (by bringing a blood supply to the scalp) can stimulate dormant hair follicles.

Quote:
High Frequency

A high frequency current which stimulates the surface of the scalp by means of massaging the cells of the scalp, also supposed to improve the process of nourishment, stimulate local blood circulation, stimulate local glandular activity, supplies heat and is soothing to the nervous system of the scalp.

http://www.stophairlossnow.com/OtherTreatments.htm

Quote:
Practically every disease of the scalp and hair, as dandruff, falling hair, etc., can be traced to the improper circulation of the blood flowing through the scalp. The roots are fed through the blood, which flows through small capillaries in the scalp almost microscopic in size. Because of their smallness, they become clogged very easily, as a consequence of which most persons are affected with some form of scalp disease. To overcome scalp disease, it is first necessary to remove the cause, and as this is poor nutrition due to faulty circulation, the Violet Ray naturally suggests itself as the ideal remedy.

For treating the scalp we have a special comb electrode which conforms to the shape of the head and pulls easily through the hair. Millions of tiny electric sparks from the applicator to the scalp, carrying with them pure ozone which acts as a germicidal agent and destroys any foreign organism which may be present. The tiny nerve and blood vessels are gently massaged, the blood starts flowing and nourishment is brought to the roots of the hair.

By the first treatment a warm, glowing, healthy feeling is brought to the scalp, and with a few successive treatments great improvement will be noted. The hair very quickly takes on a natural, glossy and healthy appearance. The use of The Violet Ray for a few minutes each day will make the hair thick, healthy and beautiful.

http://www.electroherbalism.com/Bioelectronics/Tesla/VioletRay.htm

The device I use is the Palacia Professional High Frequency Wand:
http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HIGH%2DFREQUENCY%2DMACHINE

As for hair products - I've had a problem with having an itchy scalp for as long as I can remember. I've never had dandruff, but I used to have a greasy scalp, even though I wash my hair every day. Then I got dermatitis on my scalp - so then I thought that perhaps it was commercial shampoos that were the problem. After doing some research on the web, I decided to have a go and making my own shampoo using Castile Soap - I simply add some water, Apple Cider Vinegar and Aloe Vera Gel. This has completely solved all my irritation and itching issues. I can only presume that there is something in commercial shampoos which doesn't agree with me. As a conditioner, I use Moroccan Oil (or similar product). I still use a volumizer mousse and hairspray to try and get more body.

The advantage of HF treatments is that they don't require any commitment of time - five minutes and you're done!

5% products discount

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:30 pm      Reply with quote
DarkMoon wrote:
Bumping for derbycity.
Question
derbycity
5% products discount

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:40 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you very much Keliu. I appreciate your response Smile

DarkMoon, I followed you on Ageless Secret and I always enjoy your posts. Thank you!
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 5:45 pm      Reply with quote
derbycity wrote:
Thank you very much Keliu. I appreciate your response Smile

DarkMoon, I followed you on Ageless Secret and I always enjoy your posts. Thank you!

Thanks derbycity,

I just wanted to get your question answered for you, and with my thick head of hair I am not the one to answer that! Smile glad Keliu was here to help out!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 23, 2011 6:25 pm      Reply with quote
This is the one I have. (5) Bad Grin

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:31 am      Reply with quote
I love my device, yesterday I had a migraine along with neck & back pain...all better. Smile Pimples, zap them away too. Smile I think this is definitely money well spent. Even my husband was impressed which is not an easy task to do.

Hypothetically speaking, if one can use it for the hair. What about thinning eyebrows? Mine are awful and no cream or serum on the market has helped.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 25, 2011 9:44 am      Reply with quote
WhiteWolf wrote:
I love my device, yesterday I had a migraine along with neck & back pain...all better. Smile Pimples, zap them away too. Smile I think this is definitely money well spent. Even my husband was impressed which is not an easy task to do.

Hypothetically speaking, if one can use it for the hair. What about thinning eyebrows? Mine are awful and no cream or serum on the market has helped.

I agree totally it's a gem!
My thinking if it helps with stimulating follicles on the head why not the eyebrows, a follicle is a follicle after all! Very Happy

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 30, 2011 9:58 am      Reply with quote
Just curious: why did you get 5 of them DarkMoon? Do you use them all at once? Smile

5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:37 pm      Reply with quote
I did read the whole tread,
And actually i have been looking into buying one of those devices for a long time.
I am from Europe originally and every time i go back and have a facial done they always use this machine.

Anyway so first question:
Where to buy?

Palacia and Jellen seem good but are too expensive,

from reading the topics i have found this one
http://www.ioffer.com/i/high-frequency-probes-skin-spot-remover-facial-device-180527031

and this one
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=220683118718

I did contacted both sellers to ask them for the Oscillation Rate, so i am waiting on their replay.

I want to ask those that own the last 2 the cheaper once to tell me how do you like yours and whether you think is as poweful as the expensive Palacia and Jellens ?

Would love to hear what you think???
Thank You so much in advance Wink
Cant wait to get mine asap !
vasilenka
5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 1:54 pm      Reply with quote
Just received a replay from the Ebay seller E-volution 21,
his replay was very fast less then 30 min, here is what he said to me

"Hello. Electrodei is detachable component and if you break it, you can buy a new one and use. Frequency is 100 kHz. Thank you.

- e-volution21 "

So from my understanding the device is not as powerful as the expensice Jellen and Palacia.

I did asked him if he has powerful one,
and still waiting on the I offer response, will update ya
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
vasilenka wrote:
Just received a replay from the Ebay seller E-volution 21,
his replay was very fast less then 30 min, here is what he said to me

"Hello. Electrodei is detachable component and if you break it, you can buy a new one and use. Frequency is 100 kHz. Thank you.

- e-volution21 "

So from my understanding the device is not as powerful as the expensice Jellen and Palacia.

I did asked him if he has powerful one,
and still waiting on the I offer response, will update ya

Before I purchased mine, I also emailed most of the Ebay sellers to find out the frequency rate - all were 100,000 kHz - so I ended up getting the one from Palacia. The Palacia and Jellen models are the same, but Palacia is cheaper.

I'm thinking now that DarkMoon may have said that her device purchased from Ebay was 200,000 kHz - maybe you could PM her and ask.

5% products discount

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:17 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you so much for the quick replay Keliu,
i also found this one,
please take a look at it and tell me what do you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Portable-Frequency-Darsonval-electrodes/dp/B002FOTGFY/ref=pd_sim_bt_6

It says it is "high frequency alternative current 200000 cycles per second"
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Feb 21, 2011 8:43 pm      Reply with quote
vasilenka wrote:
Thank you so much for the quick replay Keliu,
i also found this one,
please take a look at it and tell me what do you think.

http://www.amazon.com/Professional-Portable-Frequency-Darsonval-electrodes/dp/B002FOTGFY/ref=pd_sim_bt_6

It says it is "high frequency alternative current 200000 cycles per second"

The body of that one looks very similar to the body of the Palacia device http://www.palaciabeautydevice.com/ProductDetails.asp?ProductCode=HIGH%2DFREQUENCY%2DMACHINE

If it is a 200,000 mHz device - I'd say "Go for it!"

5% products discount

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:16 am      Reply with quote
So, after a long research all over ebay contacting sellers and asking them how much Hz their amazing prices high frequency machines are. Some said 60 some said 50. So I decided to spend 200$ on the Palacia device claiming that is 200 000HZ.

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, the company told me theya re out of stock, so I had to wait for them. Anyway I waited patiently and I just arrived it right now.
I was so excited but on the machine it says 60Hz. I have not contacted Palacia yet, but I wanted to share this with all of you who have the Palacia device. Does it says anything like that on your unit?
Looking forward ladies.

If it is 60hz I should have bought the one from ebay for 30$ instead of this one for 200$ lol
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 3:43 pm      Reply with quote
vasilenka wrote:
So, after a long research all over ebay contacting sellers and asking them how much Hz their amazing prices high frequency machines are. Some said 60 some said 50. So I decided to spend 200$ on the Palacia device claiming that is 200 000HZ.

I ordered mine 3 weeks ago, the company told me theya re out of stock, so I had to wait for them. Anyway I waited patiently and I just arrived it right now.
I was so excited but on the machine it says 60Hz. I have not contacted Palacia yet, but I wanted to share this with all of you who have the Palacia device. Does it says anything like that on your unit?
Looking forward ladies.

If it is 60hz I should have bought the one from ebay for 30$ instead of this one for 200$ lol

The device cycles at 200,000Hz (this is the output - the oscillation rate). The 60Hz relates to the electrical input (power supply) - if that makes sense! Rest assured, you have purchased a quality professional device that has a higher OUTPUT than the Ebay ones.

Have a look at the technical specifications on the Jellen site (it's the same model as the Palacia one). Unfortunately, it won't let me copy and paste. http://www.jellenproducts.com/Portable-High-Frequency-Machine-p/uc-3500.htm

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 7:53 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah 60 Hz just refers to the frequency of the electricity that the device uses. I'm sure the company would not make a 60 Hz oscillation device when they actively promote one that goes 200,000Hz
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:45 pm      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:
Yeah 60 Hz just refers to the frequency of the electricity that the device uses. I'm sure the company would not make a 60 Hz oscillation device when they actively promote one that goes 200,000Hz

I agree, I know the ones I purchased above advertised 200,000 as well and you are warned not to use if you have a pacemaker-defibrillator or pregnant yet the booklet mentions 60-75. I think you would find similar on many of our electronics and it's not related to output. Smile

I verified with the seller before purchase that the oscillation was indeed 200,000 before buying mine.

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 11, 2011 11:55 pm      Reply with quote
cm5597 wrote:
Just curious: why did you get 5 of them DarkMoon? Do you use them all at once? Smile

Well I only use one but at $25 ea. plus shipping the seller has a minimum order for 5 units? I think he sells to a lot of spa's ect. Laughing

Crazy I know but it's a strong and sturdy unit with no issues of the electrodes slipping, really I have to say it's very well made and I am loving it! Very Happy

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:24 pm      Reply with quote
Wondering if everyone is still using this device, I recently had an esty use this on me, and I loved it. Are the cheaper alternatives to the Palacia also giving results still?? I'm a little freaked about the ozone- concerned about the claim that it targets damaged cells, but if positive results are still being shown, I want to give it a try.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 18, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
This is still one of my favourite devices - I use it every day.

One thing in this device's favour is that HF treatments have been around for a long time - they are not a new technology - so you are not venturing into the unknown!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Apr 19, 2011 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Keliu,

Do you apply any serum/cream on your skin before using the HF device?
Ava with wings
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:02 pm      Reply with quote
Sold- I think I'm just being paranoid. I'm going to try the cheap one, and if I see even a little bit of improvement in skin tone, Palacia it is. Like getting training wheels before the mountain bike.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 4:49 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
Keliu,

Do you apply any serum/cream on your skin before using the HF device?

Sometimes I do, sometimes I don't. At the moment I'm using it on a bare face. To tell you the truth, I'm a little confused about using the devices with serums. I'm concerned that the Oxygen generated from the device might destroy the anti-oxidants in the serums.

I've also tried using it with oils, this works well because the device just glides across the skin - but I don't know whether this is a good thing to do or not. HOWEVER, I did find a clinical study once where they were trialling using an HF device with oils to cure something or other - so I decided to give it a try.

Ava with Wings - you will be very happy with the Palacia Wand. Don't think of it as a cheaper model - it is exactly the same as the Jellen device (same brand), just a cheaper price.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:30 pm      Reply with quote
I've been using mine lately, I find bare face works better but I'll give oils a try too.

Keliu, how long do you use it for? I do around 5-10 minutes.

Oh, I've been using this on the back of my neck when it's really stiff, it works wonders! Shoulders too & parts of my back that I can reach! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 20, 2011 8:36 pm      Reply with quote
I only use it about five minutes - but I use it every day. I'm sure ten minutes would be fine.

If I don't use this device on the back of my neck every night, my neck seizes up and I can't turn my head to the left. This treatment is a life-saver for me.

Tue Apr 16, 2024 7:42 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |