Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Professional High Frequency Devices
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:46 am      Reply with quote
Hi ljk,

Perhaps you could ask them what the oscillation rate is? (This would also be measured in hertz.) The oscillation rate for my Palacia HF device is 200,000 Hertz - rate/sec (this number determines the power of the machine.)

I took a look at the posting-- it certainly *looks* like the HF device I received from Palacia-- although I have to say, I like the case in the picture better than mine.

Also, I recall that someone earlier in this thread had *also* purchased their HF from somewhere in the Ukraine? Perhaps, if you feel like digging through, you could try pm'ing them?

Hope this helps.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:47 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
ljk wrote:
What about this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARSONVAL-VIOLET-RAY-WAND-HIGH-FREQUENCY-UNIT-W-CASE_W0QQitemZ190377791722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item2c536690ea

It is incredibly cheap and the listing isn't terribly detailed, though. I'm tempted too! I could justify it by giving my 11 year-old niece my Dermawand (she's just starting to get a little spotty). Perversely, it is listed as "violet ray" though the gas in the picture looks orange.

The reply I got was (asking how may Hertz the device is) "Device has 220V, 50Hertz, 0.5Amper", not sure that's the response I wanted! Others either said they'd get back to me, or can't supply the information.

Unfortunately, those are the kind of replies I received when trying to find out details of the devices sold on Ebay. That's why I ended up buying the Palacia one - I'm not sure that it's necessarily the best - there may be Ebay devices that are equal in quality at a much lower price - but how do you tell?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 3:56 am      Reply with quote
PhotoQueen purchased one of the Ukraine devices from Ebay and I believe he's very happy with it.

There's also this one from Beautifulonraw: http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Holistic_Device_Violet_Ray.html

But I think it's quite expensive and not as powerful. There's some interesting reading on this site though.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:54 am      Reply with quote
Is anyone else concerned about excess hair growth on face with HF use?...I am spending quite a bit on Laser hair removal(after my younger daaughter's birth...i had a lot of facial hair growth)...you think i should stay away from these???...I just bought a dermawand and am too scared to use it regularly!....are my fears valid?

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:34 am      Reply with quote
I don't think so. I haven't noticed any pronounced hair growth on the face. I only have a slight peach fuzz though, no dark hairs. BTW, I just shave the fuzz off with an electric razor!

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
mithai wrote:
Is anyone else concerned about excess hair growth on face with HF use?...I am spending quite a bit on Laser hair removal(after my younger daaughter's birth...i had a lot of facial hair growth)...you think i should stay away from these???...I just bought a dermawand and am too scared to use it regularly!....are my fears valid?

Hi mithai,

I thought that someone on this thread *did* experience greater facial hair growth using the HF-- but I have not noticed anything myself (yet!). If I do, I'll update.
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:35 am      Reply with quote
.....argh I got chopped of in full swing yesterday & could not stay on the forum, being new, I am only allowed 5 posts per day; this was very frustrating as I could have helped ljk by replying to her queries.

Ljk – I had researched those Ukraine & China HF devices, they are 50 Hertz Sad , and we want 200,000 hertz, which is why I did not go for them. Based on Keliu’s good report of Palacia, I placed my order there yesterday Very Happy . Palacia are US based, I live in Scotland. The package was on its way here to me, almost immediately Cool .

Having only found the forum last week, after purchasing a STOP, all that I have learnt here has encouraged me to buy an AALS (now in this country & left customs, but not with me yet, although Endicia website tracking says they tried to deliver yesterday morning Rolling Eyes – mystery, I’ve been in all along), I ordered the prof HF device from Palacia, a derma roller last week & used successfully, I fear I do not even get to climb on any fences, I just go for it with gadgets Laughing . I have now had to put my red hot credit card back in my wallet, where it will need to stay for quite some time now, however, lots of gadgets to keep me out of mischief for a long while to come - how often have I told myself this before, it never works Rolling Eyes .

Regarding the prof quality HF device, can anyone give detailed info on how best to use it & what potions to apply for a lifting & refreshing effect, rather than zapping spots? Apparently instructions are fairly minimal, although Jellen in the US seem to sell an identical model & have some instructions on their site for using it.

So, if I am using STOP, AALS & prof quality HF, I understand from one of you, that AALS & HF are day about, & I think STOP is every second day too, so is its afe to use STOP with both AALS & HF ? Since presumably they will end up falling on a coinciding day.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:45 am      Reply with quote
Keliu - please advise what type of socket (2 or 3 prong) is on the Palacia HF device?

I will need to order a step down voltage converter, which I want to have ready here for the units arrival, so I need to know which to order. Many thanks.

53 years old, dark hair (henna), Skindream Titanium, Tua Visos, Tua Tr'ends, Clarisonic, Stop, Slendertone face, Anti-aging LightStim, prof HF device, diamond microdermabrasion Timepeel, Safetox, every facial exercise programme ever developed!, Tanaka massage, facial oil lover - phew!
ljk
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:52 am      Reply with quote
Keliu wrote:
There's also this one from Beautifulonraw: http://www.beautifulonraw.com/Holistic_Device_Violet_Ray.html
$280 Shock ! The HF device on beautifulonraw looks very similar to the Ukranian ebay one; beautifulonraw says it's 10,000 Hertz. Apparently you can reverse/prevent grey hair with it (?).

May as well try emailing the ebay sellers again, it won't hurt.

Thanks for the info Cooking Katy, I'm a Scot too Wink 50 Hertz is quite pathetic compared to 200,000 Hertz!

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
foxe
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:01 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:

The reply I got was (asking how may Hertz the device is) "Device has 220V, 50Hertz, 0.5Amper", not sure that's the response I wanted! Others either said they'd get back to me, or can't supply the information.

ljk - it looks like they gave you the power source/supply. ask again, but ask what the Oscillation Rate is.

Edited to add: Oops - I see that JLM already pointed this out.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 8:48 am      Reply with quote
I would really like more information regarding the advantages/disadvantages of the orange compared to the violet? Anyone have an insight into this?

TIA
DM Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Thank you both, JLM and foxe Smile I've found the posting PQ left about his £50 ebay device (page 10), Keliu's additional post has a link to an ebay US seller, emailed them and a few more! I'll let you know! http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=510073&highlight=violet+ray+ukraine#510073

Some ebay sellers say "violet ray medicine quackery", ahem, and there's even vaginal electrodes. Eek! Shock http://cgi.ebay.com/VAGINAL-ELECTRODE-HIGH-FREQUENCY-UNIT-12mm-RED-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ150341002157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230105a3ad I'm curious, what would the reason for the vaginal ones be? Or shouldn't I go there.. Confused Ah, I've had a read, sexual stimulation, by the looks of it! Not for me! Very Happy

Louise,45,UK.Sunscreen Face/Body L/Term!OCM(Castor/Carrier Oil,Vaculift),MUAC 12.5%,18% TCA,Working Up To SkinObsession 25% TCA/Jessner's.Ageless,Dr Roller,Retin-A 0.05% & 0.1%,AAging Lightstim,CP Serum,Dermawand,Vaculift Face 2 Body 2,Pretika Sonic Brush.Microfibre Cloth.Tua Viso(Broken Sad),Palovia (Started 7 April 2011!).
Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:50 am      Reply with quote
eeek! yes, I did see THOSE types of violet light WANDS Embarassed

Here is a thought,although you probably all do this already. I have a diary specifically for all my beauty treatment listings, each day I mark in what I do a.m. & p.m. - so, for example, the morning would consist of Tua Viso treatment + neck toner treatment, how long I used those gadgets etc. The p.m. records what gadget was used too, but additionally, I note what potions & lotions were applied.

This system is very helpful (particularly I should think, with all my new gadgets arriving Laughing) for keeping track of where you are with treatments etc.

I also note down how my skin looks the following day, so I can look back & see what provides great results Very Happy . Also it keeps a note of when I dye my roots etc. I have a gorgeous pic of a red lipstick on the front of my diary, & I typed onto this "Katy's Beauty Diary", which I then printed out & stuck onto the front.

This system is also excellent for making you feel guilty about omitting to do a treatment & keeps you on track - a blank page means you've been a naughty girl Bad Grin

So here is where you would keep track of your Derma Wand/HF device usage.

JLM
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 4:20 pm      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
Thank you both, JLM and foxe Smile I've found the posting PQ left about his £50 ebay device (page 10), Keliu's additional post has a link to an ebay US seller, emailed them and a few more! I'll let you know! http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=510073&highlight=violet+ray+ukraine#510073

Some ebay sellers say "violet ray medicine quackery", ahem, and there's even vaginal electrodes. Eek! Shock http://cgi.ebay.com/VAGINAL-ELECTRODE-HIGH-FREQUENCY-UNIT-12mm-RED-LIGHT_W0QQitemZ150341002157QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item230105a3ad I'm curious, what would the reason for the vaginal ones be? Or shouldn't I go there.. Confused Ah, I've had a read, sexual stimulation, by the looks of it! Not for me! Very Happy

You know, my guess that electrodes for "down there" are actually for ozone therapy-- I believe that it's called "vaginal insufflation". It's something I learned about here:

http://www.falconblanco.com/health/ozone/oz.htm

Check out "Protocols of Ozone Administration and Ozone Equipment".

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
mithai
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Mar 09, 2010 5:39 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu and JLM....please keep us updated

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 5:36 am      Reply with quote
CookingKaty - This is the type of voltage converter I bought:

http://cgi.ebay.com.au/Dual-Voltage-Converter-110v-120v-220v-240v-100-Watt_W0QQitemZ120541356675QQcmdZViewItemQQptZAU_Travel_Acc?hash=item1c10d32283

The Palacia HF wand has a three point plug which fits this type of converter - but I also had to get an adaptor to plug the converter in.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:02 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Keliu, I'll look into that. I have the adapter already into which the step down converter will go, bought for the LightStim.

Any further advice for using STOP, HF wand, AALS & LightStim gratefully received, not really very sure where to start with all these extra gadgets Confused I don't want to negate the use of one by using another in error, if they are not to clash on any one day.

Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 6:19 am      Reply with quote
I'm onto maintenace with the STOP, so I only use it once a fortnight. I use the HF device in the mornings and in the evenings I use the AALS whilst watching TV.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:09 am      Reply with quote
ljk wrote:
ljk wrote:
What about this one? http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/DARSONVAL-VIOLET-RAY-WAND-HIGH-FREQUENCY-UNIT-W-CASE_W0QQitemZ190377791722QQcmdZViewItemQQptZSkin_Care_test?hash=item2c536690ea

It is incredibly cheap and the listing isn't terribly detailed, though. I'm tempted too! I could justify it by giving my 11 year-old niece my Dermawand (she's just starting to get a little spotty). Perversely, it is listed as "violet ray" though the gas in the picture looks orange.
Another reply for the Ukranian item: "is written in the instructions..SPECIFICATIONS:
Amplitude value of the output voltage (continuously adjustable from minimum to maximum) not less than, 15 kV; The frequency of passing packets of pulses, 100 Hz; The frequency of filling pulses, 110 kHz; AC Input Voltage, V 220; Loop mode for 8 h: 20 min. work, 10 min. break
".
Keliu wrote:
.. have just noticed that it operates on more than 200,000 cycles per second - the DermaWand is 100,000 cycles per sec. So, presumably the Palacia device will be more powerful.
This is an earlier quote from you Keliu, wonder if it means that the DW is actually more powerful than some of the ebay devices? Wish someone would give me an answer about the oscillation rate, I emailed about 8 different ebay sellers; this is my only detailed reply!

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:22 am      Reply with quote
Louise, I researched all of these & could not find one which gave sufficient hertz (200,000) hence I ordered direct from Palacia in the USA on Monday, & they dispatched straight away.

The Palacia prof HF device inc. postage came to £150-ish when converted from dollars. I thought this was a good price for a professional output item.

I am wary of things from the Ukraine etc, you are using this gadget on your face & near your eyes, I was worried the glass wand might explode Shock For peace of mind & safety to face, a tried, tested & recommended gadget is a safer option. Keliu & the others who recommended the palacia say there is no comparison to it & the Derma Wand, so if these items you are looking at are even less powerful than the Derma Wand, my thoughts would be that they are waste of money.

SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 9:32 am      Reply with quote
For everyone who owns a microdermabrasion machine as well, is it ok to use the Dermawand/HF devices along with doing the microdermabrasion or should you wait in between? Thanks!

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:45 pm      Reply with quote
SkinDeep38 wrote:
For everyone who owns a microdermabrasion machine as well, is it ok to use the Dermawand/HF devices along with doing the microdermabrasion or should you wait in between? Thanks!

I have a microdermabrasion machine and wouldn't use the devices directly after each other. But really, the microdermabrastion machine is only used maybe weekly or fortnightly - too much exfoliation being a bad thing. So it's not really an issue. I wouldn't have a problem using the HF device in the morning and doing a microdermabrasion treatment at night though.

10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 10, 2010 4:59 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the input Keliu. I'm thinking of purchasing that Professional HF device.

38 fair skin,oily, hormonal acne, rosacea...trying to combat facial sagging and skin damage on arms and legs. Currently using a Microdermabrasion machine, Pro High Frequency Device, Faceworks facial exercises, Tua Viso, and AALS.
SkinDeep38
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 9:44 am      Reply with quote
Well, I bought the Jellen Professional High Frequency you ladies were recommending. I was wondering if you think there will be a problem with me using this along with getting professional Photofacial(IPL) treatments and microderm treatments? Or should I wait a period of time before and after? Thanks!

Cooking Katy
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Mar 18, 2010 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Hi Skindeep35, I went for the Palacia HF device, but they both look identical. The jellen site certainly has better info & is particularly helpful for using instructions with added detail.

I would have thought that mixing IPL with HF would be too much for the skin all at once. Although I have no experience personally of IPL, I have read a great deal about it. The skin will surely have enough trauma going on without adding the drying forces of the HF.

I used my new HF device today for the first time. Sadly the middle fine probe was smashed in transit, so I have to wait for a replacement Sad

Using the the small mushroom head was fun, once I got over the scary part Shock I was nervous enough using the step-down transformer to return our UK electricity to a safe operating level, I felt as if I might be electrocuted. The whole thing was like something out of a Frankenstien movie with arcing electricity. I kept the device on very low, then tried zapping a spot, making the thing zap on & off. My skin feels quite tight tonight, possibly heading for dry Confused I bet you are itching to have a go with your HF device.

I Could do with some details of how I use the HF device to my to get my upper eyes to lift up when I use it Question

Skindeep, I am sure Keliu or Kassy-a will know the answer to your question regarding the IPL in conjuction with the use of the HF, they seem to be the founts of all skin knowledge.

System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:46 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Shira Nutriburst Glow C Power Duo (40 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |