Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Burnout Sunscreen Review (physical sunscreen) -RAVE
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
rileygirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 02, 2011 3:54 pm      Reply with quote
hazelwood160 wrote:
I think so because when i was using la roche posey 50+ i still got new pigmentation.

I also developed more hyperpigmentation when I used the La Roche sunscreen.
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 04, 2011 8:02 pm      Reply with quote
I have just purchased the Burnout Clean & Clear and the Kid.

Both leave white cast on my skin.

I have tried using a couple of moisturizers and oils underneath before applying the sunscreen, but the result is the same - white cast.

Also, after cleansing I have exfoliated my skin (microfiber cloth & AHA acid) well.

Any suggestion for me to make the sunscreen as invisible as possible?
ShastaGirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 10:37 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

I have tried using a couple of moisturizers and oils underneath before applying the sunscreen, but the result is the same - white cast.

Also, after cleansing I have exfoliated my skin (microfiber cloth & AHA acid) well.

Hi Summer - Does the whiteness persist after 30 minutes? For me, it soaks in at that point and no longer looks white. I do have to rub it in pretty well. I've used the Ocean and the Clean and Clear.

Maybe try some tinted powder after it soaks in to mask the white?
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 05, 2011 11:09 am      Reply with quote
Many thanks for this recommendation. I'm def. gonna try this stuff...

And additional thanks for the UVA/B graph...

I've been using Juice Beauty's Body Moisturizer (spf 20) with 2.5% Titanium Dioxide... but looks like that doesn't cover enough of the spectrum??

(it is really nice though!)

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 8:23 am      Reply with quote
ShastaGirl wrote:

Hi Summer - Does the whiteness persist after 30 minutes?

Yes, it is still there all day long Sad
oasisjc
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 06, 2011 11:12 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

How much do you use and how dark is your skin tone?
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 07, 2011 7:27 am      Reply with quote
oasisjc wrote:

Hi Oasisjc,

I didn't measure how much I use. What I do is to apply a thin layer of Burnout & then I press it on my skin.

My Skin tone is light yellowish.
10Sylvia5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:50 am      Reply with quote
I have been become quite confused by all the vast amount of info out there regarding sunscreens. After having trawled the threads here and on the web I finally decided to try burnout, then I found out from their website that it contains vitA which from the ewg one they say it should Not be in a suncare pfoduct! So I plumped for Invisible Zinc ( U can get it in the UK)SOOO confused especially when trying to get the best one for Wee ones!!
Is there anyone out there who has resolved the sunscreen and vitA debate! Confused Or is everybody else having to make a compromise too Question

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:39 am      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:

Have you tried shaking the tube thoroughly? Perhaps it's just been left *sitting* for too long.
circus
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 6:48 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
I have been become quite confused by all the vast amount of info out there regarding sunscreens. After having trawled the threads here and on the web I finally decided to try burnout, then I found out from their website that it contains vitA which from the ewg one they say it should Not be in a suncare pfoduct! So I plumped for Invisible Zinc ( U can get it in the UK)SOOO confused especially when trying to get the best one for Wee ones!!
Is there anyone out there who has resolved the sunscreen and vitA debate! Confused Or is everybody else having to make a compromise too Question

I just looked and there's definitely no Vit A in their sunscreens?

Fromwww.burnoutsun.com

BurnOut Eco-Sensitive Zinc Oxide Sunscreen SPF 32
Active Ingredients: Zinc Oxide 18.6%
Other Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Capric/Capryllic Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Sorbitol, Imperata Cylindrical (Root) Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Soybean Lecithin, Arabidopsis Extract, Plankton Extract, Aloe Vera, Vitamin C, Vitamin E, Citric Acid.

BurnOut Ocean Tested Physical Sunscreen SPF 30+
Other Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Capric/Capryllic Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sorbitol, Imperata Cylindrical (Root) Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Virgin Hemp Seed Oil, Sorbitan Stearate, Arabidopsis Extract, Plankton Extract, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).

BurnOut SPF 30+ KIDS Physical Sunscreen
Other Ingredients: Aqua (Deionized Water), Capric/Capryllic Triglycerides, Vegetable Glycerin, Glyceryl Stearate SE, Sorbitol, Imperata Cylindrical (Root) Extract, Caprylyl Glycol, Sorbitan Stearate, Arabidopsis Extract, Plantago Lanceolata (Plantain) Leaf Extract, Carica Papaya (Papaya) Fruit Extract, Plankton Extract, Xanthan Gum, Ascorbyl Palmitate (Vitamin C).
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 7:26 am      Reply with quote
circus wrote:
......Have you tried shaking the tube thoroughly? Perhaps it's just been left *sitting* for too long.

Good idea!

I thought that it was not necessary, thus, I did not do it.
ClaudiaFE
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 8:38 am      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Burnout scores a 1 on EWG... that's a good thing...

http://www.ewg.org/skindeep/product/330833/BurnOut_Kids_Physical_Sunscreen%2C_SPF_30%2B/

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 10:35 am      Reply with quote
yeah it does have a good score, so why does it say on their website at the side "WHy burnout is so good for you" that they contain vit A alongside vit e and hempseed oil????
If the contents list doesnt say it contains Vit A why does it so on that part of their website?
Stii confused Rolling Eyes

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:04 pm      Reply with quote
10Sylvia5 wrote:
yeah it does have a good score, so why does it say on their website at the side "WHy burnout is so good for you" that they contain vit A alongside vit e and hempseed oil????
If the contents list doesnt say it contains Vit A why does it so on that part of their website?

Their website has so much stuff on it...

Can you point us to the webpage that says it has Vit. A in it? I just can't see it...

ALSO... Our whole foods had it on sale for $12.99 a tube!!!!!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
ClaudiaFE wrote:
10Sylvia5 wrote:

Their website has so much stuff on it...

Can you point us to the webpage that says it has Vit. A in it? I just can't see it...

ALSO... Our whole foods had it on sale for $12.99 a tube!!!!!

EXCELLENT

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 08, 2011 5:18 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I just saw it...

Ok... Here's what EWG says:

http://breakingnews.ewg.org/2011sunscreen/sunscreens-exposed/the-problem-with-vitamin-a/

And then it does say on Burnout's page to the right under their "suncare info" tab:

Why BurnOut is So Good for Your Skin

by BurnOut Suncare Staff

Most importantly - it protects your skin from harmful UVA and UVB rays. Our skin has an uncanny ability to show age. UV damage can make your skin - and you - look older than you really are. That's right...UV Damage is NOT your friend.

Aside from being the best sunscreen on the planet, what else makes BurnOut so great, you ask? BurnOut sunscreens are enriched with aloe vera and antioxidant vitamins A & E to nourish and replenish dry, sun-damaged skin.

HOWEVER: When you read their ingredient lists I don't see "Retinyl Palmitate" anywhere on the list. And that list is supposed to be definative as to what's actually in there...

SOOOOO: I just sent them an e-mail asking if Vit A is in any of their products, which ones, and by what name on their ingredient list..

I'll post the response when I get it!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jun 09, 2011 3:07 am      Reply with quote
hey Claudia, you are brill Exclamation
Thank you for taking the time out to take notice Very Happy I am really looking forward to the response, I was beginning to think I had been seeing things Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 8:13 pm      Reply with quote
summer2004 wrote:
oasisjc wrote:

Hi Oasisjc,

I didn't measure how much I use. What I do is to apply a thin layer of Burnout & then I press it on my skin.

My Skin tone is light yellowish.

Don't be afraid of rubbing it in. First apply a layer all over and then keep massaging your face /stroking/rubbing/whatever (there's no precise word for this!) until your skin doesn't look white anymore. There's a misconception out there that rubbing a sunscreen deactivates it or something.

The only issue there is if you use the bare minimum of sunscreen to start with and half of it is absorbed by your hands. Just sunscreen your hands first and then make sure to use enough sunscreen for the skin you need to cover and rub away.

If you're still having issues, apply a bit of a tinted product such as elta md physical *over* the zinc sunscreen you're using. I've tried a lot of high zinc oxide sunscreens and I have to say that Burnout's whiteness is pretty minimal. The only high zinc oxide sunscreen I've tried that's better in this respect is Devita.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 24, 2011 9:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nimue,

One colleague of mine has been using Elta MD and shares me some (good enough for 2 applications).

One application is to use directly on Burnout; not much difference is noticed in terms of whiteness.

Another application is to follow what you're doing: Devita, Burnout & Elta MD. I found that the amount of whiteness has reduced much; however, the drawback is that Devita makes my skin very shiny and look oily; it further enlarges my already-huge-pores to an exaggerated extent. Sad
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jun 27, 2011 4:09 pm      Reply with quote
Did you try rubbing in the burnout until the whiteness totally goes away? Wait until it's completely gone before layering in the tinted product (such as elta). You could also use a drop of foundation/concealer that's darker than your skin tone but in the same color family and mixing it with burnout in the palm of your hand so it'll be like foundation or tinted sunscreen.

If the greatest issue right now is the shinyness of the Devita, then wait for whatever devita you use to totally absorb before applying the layer of burnout. Burnout's so matte that it should take care of devita' shiny tendencies. And I guess don't use that much devita since you'll be following it up with burnout anyway for the sun protection.

This is sunscreen application troubleshooting- I like it! Laughing

summer2004 wrote:
Hi Nimue,

One colleague of mine has been using Elta MD and shares me some (good enough for 2 applications).

One application is to use directly on Burnout; not much difference is noticed in terms of whiteness.

Another application is to follow what you're doing: Devita, Burnout & Elta MD. I found that the amount of whiteness has reduced much; however, the drawback is that Devita makes my skin very shiny and look oily; it further enlarges my already-huge-pores to an exaggerated extent. Sad

Mon Jul 04, 2011 11:30 pm      Reply with quote
Hello!

I am new to the forum and am trying to educate myself about natural sunscreen. I am going to Mexico in a month and I really would like to get a tan while I am there and not burn. I am interested in natural sunscreen and am considering buying Burnout Clean & Clear. I just have a few concerns...because it has a high amount of zinc and zinc blocks the sun, does that mean my skin won't tan? I have very oily and acne prone skin and am wondering how easy it is to wash Burnout off? I heard it is very water resistant and if I'm applying it to oily, acne prone skin I do not want it sitting on my skin and not be able to wash it off (and I do not want to scrub my skin if I'm sitting in the sun all day).
Perhaps someone with more knowledge about Burnout could help out with my questions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you
Nimue
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jul 06, 2011 2:00 pm      Reply with quote
Yes, if you apply enough of the burnout and if you reapply it every time you come into contact with water or sweat it off, you won't tan or burn. If your goal is to tan then you can just apply it in places that burn quickest and use that much of it everywhere else. Or you can first tan and then apply the burnout to prevent any further sun damage. Up to you.

Yes it has some water resistance (the ocean tested has the most water resistance, that's what I prefer for the summer) but it's not truly waterproof and it washes off fine with water, you don't have to scrub.

sunshine1686 wrote:
Hello!

I am new to the forum and am trying to educate myself about natural sunscreen. I am going to Mexico in a month and I really would like to get a tan while I am there and not burn. I am interested in natural sunscreen and am considering buying Burnout Clean & Clear. I just have a few concerns...because it has a high amount of zinc and zinc blocks the sun, does that mean my skin won't tan? I have very oily and acne prone skin and am wondering how easy it is to wash Burnout off? I heard it is very water resistant and if I'm applying it to oily, acne prone skin I do not want it sitting on my skin and not be able to wash it off (and I do not want to scrub my skin if I'm sitting in the sun all day).
Perhaps someone with more knowledge about Burnout could help out with my questions? I would greatly appreciate it!

Thank you

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 07, 2011 8:51 am      Reply with quote
Actually honestly if you're new to natural sunscreen, just apply what seems reasonabl/comfortable to you on your face and upper body (face, neck, chest, upper back, and shoulders). Don't forget the tops of your feet- those will burn. Since you're new to physical sunscreen most likely you won't apply that much and you won't reapply *every* single time you get in the water so you'll tan fine. This is the safest option...

Nimue wrote:
Yes, if you apply enough of the burnout and if you reapply it every time you come into contact with water or sweat it off, you won't tan or burn. If your goal is to tan then you can just apply it in places that burn quickest and use that much of it everywhere else. Or you can first tan and then apply the burnout to prevent any further sun damage. Up to you.

Yes it has some water resistance (the ocean tested has the most water resistance, that's what I prefer for the summer) but it's not truly waterproof and it washes off fine with water, you don't have to scrub.

sunshine1686 wrote:
Hello!

Thank you

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 06, 2012 8:08 pm      Reply with quote
I just wanted to say that every time I apply the Burnout sunscreen, I get compliments on how great my skin looks. My dermatologist always complimented my skin, and asked what I used, and I would tell him nothing, just sunscreen. I never thought much of it until today when my friend told me my skin looked really good, so I put 2 and 2 together, that every time someone complimented my skin, it is because I applied the Burnout sunscreen. I think the white color from zinc oxide helps to make my skin look good somehow. It hides uneven skin tone well I think. She said my pores also are tight. I don't know if that was from Burnout or the IPL though.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Apr 07, 2012 5:45 am      Reply with quote
I am still thrilled with my Burnout also!

We lost our chart on SS protection so I am posting new ones I found:

Sat Apr 20, 2024 6:39 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |