Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Sea Kelp Bioferment
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 11, 2010 10:07 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks to the ladies that have posted about SKB...I bought some. And due to the horrendous expense to ship it...I sourced it and can get it for Way the heck cheaper if I buy in 20kgs at a time. Couple of my friends will be buying in with me to make it a go. Smile and if they back out.,..I'll pickle me butt in it alone. This stuff is *nice*

This stuff is so Lovely. Tossed some into my face serum: 1/2 SKB, 1/4 Hemp oil. 1/4 hazelnut oil, Vit E and Vit A , vetiver EO, Frankincense EO and Neroli EO...sank in beautifully.

Fine lines all...gone on my forehead, couldn't believe it. Anyhoo...that being blabbed, does anyone have any ideas for a leave in conditioner?/ Styling thingie?

I was thinking,
50 cc SKB,
150 cc distilled water
maybe tween20
and some EO's for the fun of it. Smile

My hair is really long and want some body with a bit of bounce...maybe asking for the moon here but who knows, I learn so much here maybe someone has a recipe they would be willing to share.
jasminerosey
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
wht kind of skin type do you have DragoN? SKB always feels 'tacky' or sticky on my face...yet it kinks in so well on your skin while using it as 1/2 your serum!...wonderful that you found something that works so well for you.

i have no recipe for hair conditioner....but you've inspired me to add a tiny tiny bit to my serum aplication todaY (a diy formula with boptanical oils and eo's) I'll post as to how it works for me tomorrow.

71 years, primarily raw living food 35 years(vegan 45 years) herbal tea decoctions, homeopathy, TCM, facial massage, facial exercises, vacu-lifting, gua aha, shiatsu/acupressure, intention, home microcurrrent
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 12, 2010 9:06 am      Reply with quote
jasminerosey wrote:
SKB always feels 'tacky' or sticky on my face...yet it kinks in so well on your skin while using it as 1/2 your serum!...wonderful that you found something that works so well for you.

I am curious too...it's locally produced here. The producer sent it to me as a sample. And it is just so NICE...so I am sending it onward up the chain of SKB peoples to find out if it is the real deal. Cuz if it isn't....it sure is NiCe and sinks in clean...no tackiiness...just a wee bit and that was after slapping it on straight. It just soaked in over top of the previous serum. Feels uber nice. Fine lines...disappeared...just...smoothed out.

What ever it turns out to be...I will buy more of it. They say it IS sea kelp ferment...and they sell it by the buckets...somebody somewhere is buying it...so must be something ,,,who knows? It's nice though...really nice.

My skin is oily. So usually stuff bugs me...and this not.

Let me know how the experiment goes...I have to shake the stuff up really well before I use it, as it does separate...but other wise..it's really nice.

When I sweat...then I can feel it...some slip..like aloe vera...but otherwise..nothing.
Rock

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:58 am      Reply with quote
Sorry I know this is a bit of an old topic. But could you tell me where you bought the sea kelp from. Its crazy expensive here in th UK. And its seems to be the only thing that is moisturising my face, body and hair. I know using it all over even spraingly is helping my pigmentation and dry skin so would love to get a bulk supply. Could you please tell me where you are buying this from.

Many thanks
Rocky
luca4
5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2010 7:53 am      Reply with quote
I bought my SKB from skinactives> $45 for 8 oz. Since then I've seen it at NCNproskin> $26 for 8 oz. That was a few months ago.

My SKB came in a jar and is rather gelatinous. If I put it on my face by itself, it dries quickly and gets stiff. It doesn't seem to penetrate the skin until I put some kind of liquid or lotion on top of it. Does this sound like the same kind of SKB that everyone else is using?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:13 am      Reply with quote
Luca4 - the texture your are describing sounds about right.

5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:14 am      Reply with quote
Thanks for the response, erg.

Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I noticed in your profile that you were trying some skin lightening methods. I just ordered some lemon peel bioferment from NCN, hoping to get rid of some hyperpigmentation that showed up after I started using the Vit C serum.

Have you found anything that helps? Has anyone else noticed that the Vit C serum has caused any hyperpigmentation? Mine is mainly on the sides of my face in front of the ears, and extending down below my ears onto the neck area. That's my only complaint about the C serum....but I won't stop using it.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 9:25 am      Reply with quote
luca4 wrote:
Thanks for the response, erg.
Don't mean to hijack this thread, but I noticed in your profile that you were trying some skin lightening methods. I just ordered some lemon peel bioferment from NCN, hoping to get rid of some hyperpigmentation that showed up after I started using the Vit C serum.

Have you found anything that helps? Has anyone else noticed that the Vit C serum has caused any hyperpigmentation? Mine is mainly on the sides of my face in front of the ears, and extending down below my ears onto the neck area. That's my only complaint about the C serum....but I won't stop using it.

luca4,

What C serum are you using, that's odd most find a slight lightening of pigmentation with vitamin C serum and a general brightening of overall complexion?
The LPB did work well for about 2 weeks as far as lightening goes but seemed to stop there, I am not alone in that experience, I do continue to use it as it also gives a brightness and glow to my skin. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:08 am      Reply with quote
Dark Moon, I'm using Kassy's recipe with jojoba. LAA is from bulkactives. It has brightened my entire face but I think it has "pulled" the hyperpigmentation up to the surface. Does that make sense?

Maybe the C will continue to give an overall lightening effect and eventually get rid of the pale brown spots altogether. The back of my hands look SO much better than they did before Vit C use.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 10:13 am      Reply with quote
luca4 wrote:
Dark Moon, I'm using Kassy's recipe with jojoba. LAA is from bulkactives. It has brightened my entire face but I think it has "pulled" the hyperpigmentation up to the surface. Does that make sense?

Maybe the C will continue to give an overall lightening effect and eventually get rid of the pale brown spots altogether. The back of my hands look SO much better than they did before Vit C use.

That's quite possibly the case, as sometimes things get a bit worse before improving, you are making sure to use a good sunscreen I assume? Both C and the LPB can cause more sun sensitivity so a SS is a real necessity with both. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 5:29 pm      Reply with quote
I was just wondering if i knew how to use SKB at the right point in my routine (lol iv been getting a bit confused about the order to apply new products - i know to apply serum then moisturiser lol, but apart from that its all kinda blurry! Smile )
Is the SKB meant to go on after (light) Serums and before moisturisers, if used neat? - i figured the SKB was more gelatinous than the watery type serums, so figured it should go after them?

LOL - i cant WAIT to try SKB on my hair. I have quite long, wavy, frizzy-dry hair which i'm growing as long as possible from now on, and it needs a loooooad of moisture to look good. I oil my hair often but i find it hard not to apply either too little or too much oil .. its tough for me to get it spread through all my hair without it starting to look a bit lank. So im super excited to see if the SKB will offer my long hair the nourishment it needs w/o the greasiness.
I was going to try adding a bit of SKB to my conditioner (i wash AND condition my hair with conditioner only) and perhaps add some into my water spray bottle with a drop of my deep conditioner as a leave in conditioner spray.
Excited about trying some neat SKB, followed by Shea Butter, on my mummy-tummy too Embarassed lol - maybe i can save some money on all the hair and body products i need to use to stay human-looking!

Cant wait to see what else i can use SKB for! xxxxx

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:05 pm      Reply with quote
It is great stuff. I also use it as a spray on conditioner and styling product...it doesn't attract gunge either. Hair and scalp remain clean feeling for several days [ I was experimenting] Lovely serums to be made and soaks in over top of anything. Lovely.

Anyhoo...I am royally PO'd at what the gong show mark up is reading like...and I am hoping that Sense and common decency will prevail...because if it doesn't...I have staff with time on their hands and a whole floor of empty space to shake things up a tad...and I am PO'd enough to do just that.

20% mark up = MAX...and I see we are getting gouged at 100%+ !!!! = MAJOR BS. = bite me = when pigs fly. *ARGH*

20.00US / Kg....you do the math....I am P the fricking O'd....*whatever* there is always a way around....
luca
Quote:
If I put it on my face by itself, it dries quickly and gets stiff. It doesn't seem to penetrate the skin until I put some kind of liquid or lotion on top of it. Does this sound like the same kind of SKB that everyone else is using?

Nope...mine sinks in beautifully same with NCN. Is that the ultramarine you have? [ 700% markup]
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:27 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN,

WOW You are on a mission, can we sic you on all the high end brands with the nerve to load their pretty overpriced jars with cheap nasty mineral oil while you are out for blood? Just another pet peeve! Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:05 pm      Reply with quote
DM,

I was clowning about with the lady who cleans my house...and asked her as I poured water out of jug into the sink:

" If you could make $80.00 US pouring this into another smaller jug, 40X....would you call it good money? "

Her reply: Hell yes.

We have 'distributors" selling at 100 % and greater multiples to the unsuspecting for ludicrous profit margins. That would be...in this case $400.00 to pour....a less than two hour job. *Sweet* ...and I ain't going to be paying for it.

Ergo...Me thinks getting screwed over is not a winning proposition for anybody.

I run a business, many others here probably do as well....I wonder how many of them are making 100% + and over on every sale. I sure as heck don't....I wouldn't screw people like that anyways. I have a boat load of over head costs...insurances, liabilities, etc,etc,....what does an online biz have?

Me thinks ...I ought to add another line of business to my repertoire. Reverse engineering the products available to make your own = No brainer. Depends how fancy you want to get...the info is out there. Sourcing = even easier.

PITA it is...but then so is throwing good money down the tubes over a ludicrous markup. Not my bag... just wanna gag when I think about it.

Customer pays for the S/H , the bottle and labels..wave 20% on the product = FAIR and good profit to the distributor. Over that amount where's the vomit icon?

Anyhoo....rant over.
Creme de la mer

Seaweed (Algae) Extract[, Mineral oil Glycerin, Isohexadecane, Citrus Aurantifolia (Lime) Extract, Microcrystalline Wax, Lanolin Alcohol, Sesame Seed Oil, Eucalyptus Oil, Magnesium Sulfate, Sesame Seed, Medicago sativa(alfalfa) seed powder, Helianthus Annuus (sunflower) Seedcake ,Prunus amygdulus dulcis(sweet almond) seed meal, Sodium Gluconate, Potassium Gluconate, Copper Gluconate, Calcium Gluconate, Magnesium Gluconate, Zinc Gluconate, Paraffin, Tocopheryl succinate, Niacin, Beta-carotene, Decyl oleate, Aluminium distearate, Octyldodecanol, Citric acid, Cyanocobalamin, Magnesium stearate, Panthenol, Limonene, Geraniol, Linalool, Hydroxycitronellal, Citronellol, Benzyl salicylate, Citral, Methylchloroisothiazolinone, Methylisothiazolinone, Alcohol Denat., Fragrance (Parfum)

Lots of questionable stuff...do your own research...makes you go Hmmmmmmmmm...Gagh.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 23, 2010 8:48 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN,

You ended that rant perfectly with Creme de la mer!

I agree totally with what you posted and can't add a thing to drive home the fact that the cosmetic companies are putting the proverbial screws to us IF we allow them to get away with it!

Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes Rolling Eyes

10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:15 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Anyhoo...I am royally PO'd at what the gong show mark up is reading like...and I am hoping that Sense and common decency will prevail...because if it doesn't...I have staff with time on their hands and a whole floor of empty space to shake things up a tad...and I am PO'd enough to do just that.

I would be 1st in line to be your number 1 customer DragoN! - come on baby.. shake things up pleeeeease! Seriously, now you've brought it to my attention i'm smarting like HELL at how greedy these markups really are - it's PURE gluttony for sure. I wish you WOULD start selling DragoN - i reckon you've already got a heap of potential customers here.

Skintype: 30s, combo/oily, dehydrated, dull, possible SD (lots of surface oil but dryer/tighter/flaky below on t-zone), large pores, congestion, uneven texture, first signs of ageing, deep naso-labial folds, fine lines & dark undereye circles. Also addressing acute stretchmarks on stomach & hips due to pregnancy & weight loss.
MissCleopatra
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:21 pm      Reply with quote
DragoN wrote:
Me thinks ...I ought to add another line of business to my repertoire. Reverse engineering the products available to make your own = No brainer. Depends how fancy you want to get...the info is out there. Sourcing = even easier.

I wish you would, DragoN! - You would make a FORTUNE!.. without ripping the preverbial crap out of peoples wallets with these grossly greedy markups (and without all the added nasties that go into these so-called 'Wonder Creams').
Put me down as your 1st customer in line! xxxxx

DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Aug 24, 2010 5:37 pm      Reply with quote
....mmmmhmmmm.... Think

Doable....and that's a threat / promise.
Time will tell. Cool
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 2:20 pm      Reply with quote
Beauty is a scam. From mineral makeup to skin care that is what got me into making my own stuff. Also lotion craftet has skb. I also find shipping to be a scam.

Rather than a business we could buy in bulk and do a Coop.

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Aug 25, 2010 5:05 pm      Reply with quote
Quote:
I also find shipping to be a scam.

Yep...noticed that too...some companies seem to know no limit.
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2010 2:02 pm      Reply with quote
Go, DragoN, GO!!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 26, 2010 6:59 pm      Reply with quote
Another something I have found, and would like to share.

kelpman.com

The formatting went down the tubes on this...came across this in another forum. Many are using it as SKB with great results. I have NOT used it...as I can get my SKB here really cheap...but not as cheap as this. Also, it is not fermented. The interesting thing...200:1 dilution rate. That's ALOT of kelp extract. He is also going into the cosmetic sales of this stuff. My bet, the legalese and rigamarole of that is taking too long and costing a lot, who knows? I don't. Canada is a real pain in the arse with that sort of stuff.

Effective September 1, 1999

Unit Size

Cost/Litre Yield-Makes This Much! Cost/Litre of Solution (Diluted 200:1)

Price/Unit

125 ml =>$47.60 25 Litres!=> 23.8 Cents/L
250 ml=> $39.80 50 Litres!=> 19.9 Cents/L

etc etc....it gets cheaper the more you buy. Very Happy

http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?p=239969
I little more searching...and we have it here at EDS...reinventing the wheel I am!!

SO...for those of you who are looking for and want to get some SKB for formulations....there is obviously a wonderful alternative at a FAR BETTER price.

I am curious to know what the consistency of it is...
summer2004
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 7:27 am      Reply with quote
wow,

John of Bulk Actives has responded to our request.

http://bulkactives.com/seakelpferment.htm

250g / 8.8 oz for USD 8.6

500g & 1kg are coming soon!

From Bulk Actives:

Why is it so cheap?

1. This is not the product made by Active Concepts and sold by SkinACtives. It is made by a reliable, local manufacturer using Japanese sea kelp.

2. We are selling it at a very low mark-up, a little above cost (by special request).

I know the bulk price per KG was mentioned on the EDS forum. Note that 'cost' means the price of the product, and also the bottles and the labour for filling the botttles.

We DO hope that, while you are here, you will add some other products to your basket! After all...our products are all of excellent quality AND competitively priced.
DragoN
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:19 am      Reply with quote
Well done.

I certainly hope that those stopping by Bulk actives will pick up a few others while they are there. prove me right ladies! Pray

They are excellent.

John's SKB...definitely, most excellent.

In truth...it's quite superb.
MidnightSunBaby
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 27, 2010 9:38 pm      Reply with quote
Kelpman is a link to kelp based plant fertilizer.

Are you sure its cosmetic grade?

Tue Apr 16, 2024 10:40 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |