Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Help—No Lipo Lipo queries!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Dec 28, 2010 9:39 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone-I haven't posted on here for ages and actually logged on to read up on Flex Effect but got sidetracked!
So...I lost about 50 pounds far too quickly in 2008 with the result that my thighs are a real mess-like lumpy uncooked dough Sad so am interested in the results from No Lipo. But it seems to me that most people are raving about the skin brushing as opposed to the massage-would that be right? I don't want to fork out for yet another thing that doesn't work so would really appreciate some advice. I was considering buying the DVD and the horsehair mitt but am really unsure about the back strap so help please ladies as I'm desperate!!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:32 pm      Reply with quote
Daydreamer,

I would have to say that many women aren't dedicated enough to continue with the No Lipo Lipo technique. AND, that may very well be the reason you haven't read a lot about it. However, if you are someone who needs help with lumpy, bumpy skin or even crinkly, saggy menopausal skin, this program is worth every penny!! Most women in the 45+ age group category need help with both and if they only knew the true benefits of using the program every day, they would reap some pretty awesome benefits. Honestly, the dry brushing should really only take about 5 minutes a day and that's for 60 brisk strokes per area (that's what Carole recommends for those who really need work and want optimum results.) The NLL routine should take between 5-7 minutes a day (also using 60 knuckle strokes per area.) If you find yourself pressed for time, you can also split up the two...meaning you just do the dry brushing in the morning and then NLL routine in the evening. If I wee you, I'd go for it. You don't be disappointed and it's a helluva lot cheaper than Endermologie or any other spa treatment you might try. PLUS, this is something you can do in the privacy of your own home yourself and you have the key for cellulite free, toned and smooth skin thighs for life. HTH~ Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 28, 2010 6:53 pm      Reply with quote
I tried to post a link to the photos, but cannot figure it out ~ sorry!
daydreamer
5% products discount

Tue Dec 28, 2010 7:20 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Aprile. I know some people have been suspicious of your enthusiasm but it really encourages me! Also there are a few others who seem to swear by it too which is a good sign. It's obviously something that requires a bit of commitment from the user, but as you say it's a lot cheaper and less embarrassing than having a salon treatment, which may not work anyway! I'm at the stage now where I am definitely going to buy - it's just a question of what. The horsehair mitt seems to be very good but I'm wondering if you know whether it's worth the extra money? Also, in your opinion is it the brushing or the massage that gives most results or a combination of the two?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:13 am      Reply with quote
Daydreamer,

The horsehair mitt is more coarse and provides greater exfoliation. Also, helps more with crinkly menopausal skin to smoothen and lift. But, when you first start out your skin will need to get used to the rough feeling as it detoxifies, becomes more healthy and eventually (usually takes a week) gets used to it. The combination of both is what will sculpt, lift and reduce or totally eliminate cellulite. Without the knuckle massage part of the regimen, you could not possibly get rid of the cellulite or lumpiness unless it was so minor that no one but you could see it. AND yes I am always enthusiastic about something that has helped me personally and is totally natural and I know works. PLUS, ALL of the salon treatments are extremely costly and need to be repeated (No Lipo included) and some may even cause adverse results such as uneven results. This would never happen with NLL. Once you get used to it, it becomes part of your daily regimen just like brushing your teeth or blow drying your hair. HTH! Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Dec 29, 2010 7:40 am      Reply with quote
I’m a major fan of NLL, and have used it and continue to use it. I’m not so sure that people are raving about the skin brushing as opposed to massage, as to me the skin brushing element of that program is very different in comparison with other skin brushing methods I’ve tried, and so I think they are very different than what you have seen on skin brushing in the general media.

I find the backstrap is one of my favourite things, as it really lets you work up the whole back area (and tush) very easily and quickly too, and I love the way the skin feels afterwards.

I’ve not quite got Aprile’s timing yet, for me the 60 strokes does take longer, but I also had to work up to doing 60, as my arms used to get quite sore in the beginning and so that’s also worth bearing in mind too I think. You do have to be quite flexible with all the brushing etc and our arms can take a beating but it takes me a good 15 minutes a day – and that’s still not bad for what its worth, but I’ve seen definite results. I do tend to do my dry brushing part in the morning and my massage in the evening after showering as that seems to work best for me.

Aprile – I’m curious though. You say “skin will need to get used to the rough feeling as it detoxifies”. Can you explain this better for me to understand? I mean is this just a theory or is there actual proof that the skin detoxifies during this process?
daydreamer
5% products discount

Wed Dec 29, 2010 2:48 pm      Reply with quote
OK then...that's the DVD, horsehair mitt and back strap on my shopping list! Plus maybe the Facercise once I finally make up my mind Confused who knows maybe CM might do a deal for a job lot!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:16 am      Reply with quote
Hi daydreamer,

For cellulite improvement, I prefer NLL and similar massage-type techniques over body brushing. (Though for reference, I have not yet tried lympathic brushing massage, which I've heard is the best form of body brushing.) The reason I prefer knuckle massage over the dry skin brushing is that I can affect the circulation at much deeper levels underneath the skin with massage and hence reach deeper, as opposed to dry skin brushing, which doesn't reach as deeply. Second, I find that the "intensity" I can achieve with the massage is much greater than with the dry skin brushing; that is, the circulation benefits, I find, are much stronger. For an equivalent amount of time, I get can my skin to be much "pinker" (my measure of how much I have stimulated my circulation) from massage than from dry skin brushing. And I've experimentally noticed the effects are better. Just my experience.

As for whether to purchase NLL, if you are the type of person who needs a visual, then it's very helpful to have the video. However, if you are comfortable just massaging your thighs vigoriously with clenched fists, then you don't need the video. When I massage my upper thighs, I limit it to about 5 minutes total (I don't rigorously count), but use much more pressure that than they do in the NLL video (and my skin turns pinker than the models in the NLL video), hence I think (I hope!) I'm getting similar benefits but in a shorter time frame.

FWIW, I alternate NLL (or an equivalent knuckle/clenched fist massage), vacuum massage, and once in a while, body brushing. I'm currently doing it every other day, to leave time for rest and healing.

I hope this helps, and good luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:52 am      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa & Daydreamer,

I am not sure if there is actual print literature on the detoxifying effects of dry brushing, but I have read that many doctors recommend it for patients who are undergoing "detox" programs. Since the skin is the largest organ of the body, it needs to breathe and daily exfoliation allows the skin to shed dead cells & turnover more quickly. I have also heard from a few chiropractors who recommend it for their patients undergoing detoxification programs. As I am sure you have noticed, it also tightens and lifts the skin. I know from personal experience that my skin is healthier, more toned, taut, and lifted by performing daily dry brushing. I actually feel more energetic after I dry brush. When I first started dry brushing, my skin wasn’t used to it and it felt very rough and scratched my skin. But, once my skin got healthier, the brushing didn’t feel so rough or scratch my skin. I haven't been as diligent about the NLL massage so I know it's the dry brushing that's helped tremendously to keep my skin lifted. As for the timing, I have timed myself using 60 strokes and it only takes me about 5 minutes to dry brush my entire body. So that my arms don’t become so tired, I placed one hand on top of the hand wearing the mitt. I use quick, brisk scrubs. The process should be vigorous, not slow. I also timed myself performing the NLL massage. That took me between 5-7 minutes, again using vigorous knuckle scrubs. (the variation in time when I did entire routine or just part of the routine.) When I actually did the NLL every day, I had no cellulite on my thighs. When I slacked off, it came back somewhat. I never had a huge amount ~ my problem was more the crepey, saggy skin. So that’s my New Year’s resolution -- to keep at it every day!!! I cannot believe the transformation in my skin when I use both the dry brushing and the massage together. Unfortunately, I am on the wrong side of 50 too (to quote Daydreamer) and my skin has thinned since peri-menopause even though I use bio-identical hormones. I feel the DVD is great because it shows you the correct technique for the brushing and the massage. There is an absolute method to the massage. The interlocking of the thumbs to really dig into the thighs, the way you massage the stomach and waist area, as well as the back of the upper arms, and it is not something you can guess at. Younger women or those who do not have much cellulite or the need to tone or lift their skin can probably get away with just dry brushing and figuring out their own method. But, for those who really want to reduce or eliminate stubborn cellulite lose inches, spot reduce areas, tone and lift the skin absolutely
need the DVD. I believe in this program, have seen results and feel this technique will help you achieve your goals. But, remember as with anything in life, YOU MUST STICK WITH IT!! HTH! Aprile
daydreamer
5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:56 am      Reply with quote
Hi CM, my thighs are an attractive combination of cellulite plus rather slack skin from losing weight too quickly so really I'm after a miracle but any improvement has got to be better than nothing I reckon. My plan, which of course may change when I find out exactly what to do, is to body brush every day then get my willing acomplice (my husband!) to do the knuckle massage as many times a week as poss. I'll be black and blue I'm sure it will all be worth it!
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:08 am      Reply with quote
aprile wrote:
I tried to post a link to the photos, but cannot figure it out ~ sorry!
Aprile if you want me to post pictures for you I will just send them to me. I will send you my email in a pm.
Toby

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 9:10 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile, as I've said above, my problem isn't just cellulite so it's very reassuring that you have managed to "lift" your skin with NLL...it's quite amazing. It's brilliant to know that someone in the same age bracket is having such great results. The only real area of skin thinning I have is the dreaded underarm area, where the skin is starting to wrinkle a bit. It's disgusting! Have you noticed any improvement in that area? I will stick with the programme-I have to. It's either put up with these awful thighs or have surgery which isn't very appealling, so this is the last chance saloon for me!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:23 am      Reply with quote
Daydreamer,

In order to really see results using the NLL system, particularly if you have a number of issues you are dealing with, i.e.,cellulite and saggy, loose skin is to use it every day. Also, go for more scrubs that she recommends on the dvd. The recommendations on the dvd are established for the masses. In spa, she definitely does more on people who need to break down the cellulite deposits and firm the skin. I know it may sound daunting at first, but I really feel that is what anyone in the 50+ age category needs to do. Unless, you have very little cellulite, no sagging and thick skin. It's good that you have your husband to help you along.. Have him watch the dvd with you so he knows what to do. To avoid bruising, try taking powdered Vitamin C Ester supplement (available in most health food stores.) As for the area you describe, I never had that problem. But, yes you can dry brush that area and it will firm up the skin nicely and eliminate the saggy, crepey look. I haven't watched it in a while, but I believe she demonstrates how to do that on the dvd. Good luck!! Smile Aprile
daydreamer
5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 11:41 am      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile
I will be on that phone 1st thing in the morning, credit card in my sweaty little palm! (On second thoughts I'd better check the time difference first Bad Grin ) I do have cellulite and loose skin mainly on my thighs and a little on my tummy but I wouldn't say my skin is thin other than the yukky underarm bit I mentioned. I will certainly do as you suggest as you are the expert!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:27 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Daydreamer,

When you get the DVD, you will see what I mean about the routine. Carole has a great routine to address the stomach and waist area.... she has about 5 different techniques to tone the area and slim the waist... great stuff! Today is January 2 and I am back on the NLL wagon. I am very enthusiastic about creating some impressive results insofar as sculting my body and lifting my skin. Btw, since my skin is really thin on my arms, I am also using her Body Lift and C Serum to tighten & lift that skin. I will post photos once I have done a few treatments to show everyone how great it works on thinning, crepey peri-meno or menopausal skin. It is truly unbelievable! Best wishes to you and just ask if you have any questions, I'd be happy to help. Smile Aprile
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:53 pm      Reply with quote
This is an amazing program but it does take consistancy....I have gotten so involved in other things that I have let it slip and I can tell when I do! Shock

5% products discount

Sun Jan 02, 2011 12:56 pm      Reply with quote
Ooh Aprile-photos would be brilliant. I am a tad sceptical about the ones on the website so it would be great to see how it NLL has worked on a real person!
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 1:26 pm      Reply with quote
I'm working on them!
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 02, 2011 8:50 pm      Reply with quote
Ditto what Toby says. It takes a while to see results, so consistency over several weeks is key to seeing your first results.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
Weight training or body weight exercises like barre workouts will shape your legs nicely. That's why experts always recommend you diet AND exercise at the same time, not only to speed weight loss and boost your metabolism, but to prevent the mushiness you describe.
Angelfire
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 03, 2011 7:45 pm      Reply with quote
I came across this interesting and easy recipe for a cellulite tincture which I just started using with lotion:
http://www.organicauthority.com/delicious-beauty/natural-diy-skin-care-cellulite-treatment.html

And like most beauty rituals treating cellulite seems to take a combo of things from diet exercise, massage and stuff. I was lucky to get a G5 massager off Craigslist; it's an older model but still very powerful and the newer attachments work with it. When I use it, I can feel my fat being beaten up Laughing plus it helps with aches and pains.
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:12 am      Reply with quote
Oh ok I thought you meant NLL actually had been known to detoxify the skin moreso. I’m aware of it being used for people who are detoxing, as it helps the skin to eliminate toxins during such a program,.

Timing wise, I know it needs to be quick, but even I struggle with doing it at the same speed as the girl on the dvd demonstrates (but then I’m in my 60’s so I figure if I need to go a little slowly that’s fine).

Also I said this before on the NLL thread, but I found that when I ordered the supplements Maggio had recommended in my kit, that really turned things up a notch. I was sceptical as they were quite pricey, but I do think (or wish) that Maggio shared that info with everyone who purchased the NLL kit as it does really speed things up.

I do think the kit is definitely something worth while owning, and I like it over the facercise stuff as there is not just energy stuff here, its very physical and hands on and you definitely feel and see a difference right away.
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 04, 2011 7:26 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa

Just curious.....I know you have mentioned the supplements before that CM recommended to you. Other than the Vit. C Ester to avoid bruising, what other supplement did she recommend and how did it help? Did it speed the rate at which you reduced cellulite or sculpted your body? And yes the scrubs should be brisk, not slow and relaxing. Everyone's tempo will be different though according to strength, etc. The trick about placing on hand on top of the hand wearing the mitt though heled me go faster and not feel as tired. You should try it. Also, as for Facercise.... The visualization is just part of the technique, it is not the key to your success. What really matters is that you are doing the exercises properly, using your body for resistence and being consistent about doing them. Those are all key to your success. The visualizaiton is just the cherry on top. Best, Aprile
TheresaMary
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 3:12 am      Reply with quote
I’m not sure I can post the supplements that were recommended with my kit, and they weren’t specific to me recommendations, it was a standard sheet entitled: “LIPO-LIPO SUGGESTIONS“ that came with my kit, but there were 3 supplements in total. The Ester C Powder was only one, there were two others, and there were also suggestions as well. The sheet I’m talking about is where she specifically recommended no carbs after 5pm, so I’ve often wondered those that say they never got that sheet, how did they know no carbs after 5pm?

I certainly feel that it helped to sculpt my body quickly and reduce not just cellulite but I used to have some fat around my belly that was with me for years and I just figured was one of those things I had been cursed with, and I had done NLL for some time and hadn’t seen a reduction there, but when I tried the supplements it reduced greatly.

Re Facercise, you say visualization is not the key, but using your body for resistance is, I have to say that a lot of the Facercise exercises (as has been discussed before) do not use resistance in my mind. However, each to their own. Consistency with any program is important!
aprile wrote:
Hi Theresa

Just curious.....I know you have mentioned the supplements before that CM recommended to you. Other than the Vit. C Ester to avoid bruising, what other supplement did she recommend and how did it help? Did it speed the rate at which you reduced cellulite or sculpted your body? And yes the scrubs should be brisk, not slow and relaxing. Everyone's tempo will be different though according to strength, etc. The trick about placing on hand on top of the hand wearing the mitt though heled me go faster and not feel as tired. You should try it. Also, as for Facercise.... The visualization is just part of the technique, it is not the key to your success. What really matters is that you are doing the exercises properly, using your body for resistence and being consistent about doing them. Those are all key to your success. The visualizaiton is just the cherry on top. Best, Aprile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jan 05, 2011 4:33 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Theresa Mary,

I emailed Carole and she told me the supplements you mentioned were the Vitamin C Ester, All One Powered Multi Vitamins, and a product called Synergy. She said that the thing that would speed results though would be the no carbs after 5 pm recommendation. I probably discarded my sheet and others may have done the same, but everyone gets one. If someone didn't, it may have been that the person fulfilling the orders forgot to include the sheet, but it is standard procedure. Take care, Aprile
System
Automatic Message
Wed Apr 24, 2024 4:16 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |