Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Help—No Lipo Lipo queries!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skincare Tools & Do-It-Yourself Skincare
Reply to topic
micheyp

Sat Jan 22, 2011 8:26 am      Reply with quote
Using NLL has made all the difference in the world for my menopausal skin. I am no longer embarrassed to wear short sleeves and shorts in the gym. My legs are toned and the skin around my knees is now lifted. As I mentioned on the CM skincare thread, I believe it's because of the NLL program combined with the body lifting mask. I must say that I'm one happy camper! Why this program doesn't get more press is beyond me. It's real easy to do and it really really works!! ~ Very Happy Michey
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 4:12 am      Reply with quote
I am thinking of doing this without the dvd. Do I really need the dvd? I think its 60 strokes of kneading skin? My question is can I use any oil or oils specific to no lipo lipo. And for those still doing it, are you still getting results? anyone with inch loss, which is what Im hoping for on saddlebags!! pls share! Very Happy
Toby
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 5:08 am      Reply with quote
I have this program and when I use it I do see improvement. The problem is I have not been consistent with it and of course like anything else you need to keep it up to see good results. I do plan on making this a focus for the next couple of months. As far as needing the dvd...I do for sure..... there is a specific technique to the massage that is excellent and it is explained and demonstrated. There are many programs out just for dry brushing but this one adds a rigorous massage to it and I think that is key. Wink Now that I said I am focusing on this for the next couple of months....please someone hold me accountable! Laughing

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 6:07 am      Reply with quote
I would say get the dvd. Its not just 60 strokes, there are techniques for the stomach for example which is a lot more than just 60 strokes. I think the technique/method of both the brushing and massage needs to have the visuals to really get those benefits. Im still getting results with inch loss, but I use the supplements recommended too which made a huge difference in my own results. I did get some before using them, but afterwards it really accelerated things for me personally.
zizi wrote:
I am thinking of doing this without the dvd. Do I really need the dvd? I think its 60 strokes of kneading skin? My question is can I use any oil or oils specific to no lipo lipo. And for those still doing it, are you still getting results? anyone with inch loss, which is what Im hoping for on saddlebags!! pls share! Very Happy
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jun 10, 2011 10:40 pm      Reply with quote
Hi, Can you do the NLL with the horsehair mitt or should you stick with the sisal louffa mitt? I have the horsehair mitt and I think it would be too brutal to really rub yourself several times with it. Thank you.
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jun 11, 2011 12:41 am      Reply with quote
I just tested my horsehair mitt against the sisal louffa one. The horsehair one gives a greater sensation. I think I will use that one.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jun 12, 2011 10:32 am      Reply with quote
I saw some results over several months of use of NLL. Definitely worth it. Yes, you should still get results from massaging the area hard for 60 strokes, but yes, Carole does advocate a particular sequence and series of strokes in different areas of the body. These days, I alternate NLL with cupping massage and with rest days (days off for healing). Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 14, 2011 7:30 pm      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
Hi, Can you do the NLL with the horsehair mitt or should you stick with the sisal louffa mitt? I have the horsehair mitt and I think it would be too brutal to really rub yourself several times with it. Thank you.

Hi Packratmack,

You can definitely use the sisal mitt until your skin gets used to the effects of dry brushing. For some, they cannot start out using the horsehair mitt because it is too rough and their skin is sensitive. I would give yourself at least two weeks using the sisal and then switch off every other day to break into using the horsehair mitt if you find it too rough. That way, your skin will have time to adjust. Believe me, after a while, the skin desensitizes to the feel of the horsehair mitt. Smile HTH, Aprile
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 12:00 am      Reply with quote
Thank you Aprile. I just ordered the NLL DVD. Do you think the mitts will also help with the crepey skin that is starting to develop on my forearms?
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 15, 2011 3:45 am      Reply with quote
Absolutely! The NLL system helps with cellulite, body sculpting and crepey skin. But, as with anything else, you must be consistent. I do 60 strokes on my arms and legs. Other areas I do less. I do the dry brushing in the morning and the massage at night. I try to do them both every day. I never skip the dry brushing ... it wakes me up!! Carole also sells a Body Lift masque that I use on a regular basis which really lifts the skin and gets rid of the crepey look!! Best, Aprile Very Happy
dianek
5% products discount

Mon Aug 15, 2011 5:28 am      Reply with quote
I am truly loving my No Lipo Lipo treatments. In fact, I am hooked!! I live nearby Carole's Redondo Beach spa so I will admit I go in regularly for treatments. But, I am now down to once a month. I also own the DVD and do the treatment on myself, but when I go into her spa, they are able to really dig in and break up the fatty "deposits" as Carole says! Honestly, they have taught me a few tricks. You should always use one hand on top of the other to increase the amount of pressure on the thighs or other areas while dry brushing and doing the deep knuckle massage treatment. Placing one hand on top of the other doesn't fatigue your arms as much either and it seems to make the strokes go a lot quicker. Also, amp up the number of strokes ... I do 60 on each area. My legs look so trim and cellulite free. I feel the once a month visit is so worth it...it kinda keeps me on track. But, the DVD really is a great tool for newbies to the program. I wouldn't trade my NLL for the world. I don't have much spare time to spend hours in the gym. With this program, I don't need to!!! My waist and tummy are trim and flat, my thighs have virtually no cellulite and are no longer jiggly. I just cannot say enough good things about this program!!! Btw, I am over 50!! ~ Dianek
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:05 am      Reply with quote
dianek, That's so good to hear! I've been doing knuckle massage for several weeks now. After reading your post, I think my "sessions" aren't long enough to get results.
Also, I've been dry brushing for over a year. However, I do not see the benefit. I still do it because others report positive results. Smile

5% products discount

Mon Aug 15, 2011 6:42 am      Reply with quote
Mars wrote:
dianek, That's so good to hear! I've been doing knuckle massage for several weeks now. After reading your post, I think my "sessions" aren't long enough to get results.
Also, I've been dry brushing for over a year. However, I do not see the benefit. I still do it because others report positive results. Smile

Yes Mars even with the dry brushing more is better. Te recommended 30 scrubs on the DVD doesn't really cut it after age 50. Lol! you need to amp it up to 60. After a few months, it really makes a huge difference. Same with the massage sessions... I split them up like Carole recommends dry brush am and NLL knuckle massage in the pm when I get home. Takes me a very short period of time that way. ~ Dianek
Mars
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok. Good advice. Thank you very much. Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2011 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Ok. Good advice. Thank you very much. Smile

10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Aug 15, 2011 8:22 am      Reply with quote
Hi Diane! Thank you for those great tips! Do you do the massage and drybrushing everyday like Aprile does?
dianek
5% products discount

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:03 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom wrote:
Hi Diane! Thank you for those great tips! Do you do the massage and drybrushing everyday like Aprile does?

Yes I do!! Although it sounds daunting, it really isn't all that bad if you split the sessions. I have noticed something amazing too... that by working on my legs using the dry brushing and knuckle treatment, my arms have become more toned. It's a great side effect! I love No Lipo Lipo... my friend recently tried some kind of laser treatment, spent a ton of money and saw little to no results. She was so disappointed! This is something I can do in the privacy of my own home to keep up with results. I would say now that I have the routine down pat, it takes me 15-17 minutes total time to do the entire dry brushing and massage treatment (60 per area). The reason I split it up is to give my arms a rest so that I can apply the most pressure possible....it works much better that way! HTH, Diane Laughing
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Aug 18, 2011 5:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Diane! I will try the split routine. Smile
aprile
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 7:07 am      Reply with quote
Swissmom You will not be disappointed if you do increase the strokes with both the dry brushing technique and the knuckle massage treatment. I noticed a huge difference once I did this. I noticed from some older photos that I was beginning to have that "knee sock" look prior to performing the routine daily and now that has completely changed. My thighs are trim and toned and so is the rest of me. No, I was never heavy set, but I was getting flabby looking and had menopausal thin crinkly skin. No more.... this program rocks! You just need to keep at it! Best, Aprile Laughing
Swissmom
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 19, 2011 1:29 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Aprile! I did the whole routine today and I will keep at it. I am in the process of losing some weight and it's tough when you are older. I have to keep up with all of this so my skin isn't saggy baggy when I get to goal. I read where you use the face mitts everyday and you do 30 strokes for each area so I started doing that too and my face feels so smooth.
cm5597
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Aug 20, 2011 7:36 pm      Reply with quote
Hey All,

For those of you who do the NLL regularly, how often are you doing it? I'm wondering if every other day is too much. I don't really go by the number of strokes, but rather I aim to make my thighs go pink and very warm from all the massage. I know I'm doing fewer strokes than the DVD recommends, but I'm pushing way harder and my skin gets pinker than the model's in the video.

Anyways, as a starting point, lets say for equivalency sake, that what I'm doing is equivalent to the 30-60 strokes recommended on the DVD. If it us, I'm wondering if taking every other day off is enough or too much rest?

Unlike muscular exercises, where I have a very intuitive sense of whether my rest periods are the right length based on how my muscles feel, I don't really have a good sense of things yet for knuckle massage. I'd love to hear from your experiences, and since some of you have talked to Carole and/or been to her spa, what the latest recommendations are.

Thanks a bunch! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 4:49 am      Reply with quote
dianek wrote:
I am truly loving my No Lipo Lipo treatments. In fact, I am hooked!! I live nearby Carole's Redondo Beach spa so I will admit I go in regularly for treatments. But, I am now down to once a month. I also own the DVD and do the treatment on myself, but when I go into her spa, they are able to really dig in and break up the fatty "deposits" as Carole says! Honestly, they have taught me a few tricks. You should always use one hand on top of the other to increase the amount of pressure on the thighs or other areas while dry brushing and doing the deep knuckle massage treatment. Placing one hand on top of the other doesn't fatigue your arms as much either and it seems to make the strokes go a lot quicker. Also, amp up the number of strokes ... I do 60 on each area. My legs look so trim and cellulite free. I feel the once a month visit is so worth it...it kinda keeps me on track. But, the DVD really is a great tool for newbies to the program. I wouldn't trade my NLL for the world. I don't have much spare time to spend hours in the gym. With this program, I don't need to!!! My waist and tummy are trim and flat, my thighs have virtually no cellulite and are no longer jiggly. I just cannot say enough good things about this program!!! Btw, I am over 50!! ~ Dianek

dianek wrote:
Yes I do!! Although it sounds daunting, it really isn't all that bad if you split the sessions. I have noticed something amazing too... that by working on my legs using the dry brushing and knuckle treatment, my arms have become more toned. It's a great side effect! I love No Lipo Lipo... my friend recently tried some kind of laser treatment, spent a ton of money and saw little to no results. She was so disappointed! This is something I can do in the privacy of my own home to keep up with results. I would say now that I have the routine down pat, it takes me 15-17 minutes total time to do the entire dry brushing and massage treatment (60 per area). The reason I split it up is to give my arms a rest so that I can apply the most pressure possible....it works much better that way! HTH, Diane Laughing

This is excellent information....if I could give you a hundred hearts I would do so!!!!!!
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 21, 2011 5:06 am      Reply with quote
dianek,
Did you have a more serious cellulite problem before you started the treatments? Have you changed your diet in any way?
Toby

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Oct 17, 2011 1:03 pm      Reply with quote
See the challenge on the other No Lipo thread!

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Oct 18, 2011 4:35 am      Reply with quote
I'd love to go to her spa, and have looked at the website but they're really vague with things like prices, so can I ask how much do you pay per treatment?

Its funny as they don't publish treatment prices yet products wise you can't fault them.
dianek wrote:
System
Automatic Message
Sat Apr 20, 2024 8:55 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |