Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Sundari Elderflower Moisturizer for Normal / Combination Skin (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz)
History Of Whoo - best for whitening/pigmentation/freckles!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
Coconut
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:13 am      Reply with quote
Anymore updates on how this line is working to rid hyperpigmentation?
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:09 pm      Reply with quote
Coconut wrote:

I've been using the Jineak "kit" for about a month now on my chest -- which has heavy sun damage and hyperpigmentation. So far, I haven't noticed too much of an improvement. However, I know that a month is usually too soon to evaluate whether a product is working or not.

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 12:52 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Coconut wrote:

I've been using the Jineak "kit" for about a month now on my chest -- which has heavy sun damage and hyperpigmentation. So far, I haven't noticed too much of an improvement. However, I know that a month is usually too soon to evaluate whether a product is working or not.

hi kim! remember to use the Whoo massage that comes with the leaflet to enhance absorption.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 3:56 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks, Calorblind! Perhaps, I should be incorporating other Whoo products as well??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 15, 2011 5:28 pm      Reply with quote
Sorry I haven't updated recently-- actually, I have stopped using the Jineak Whitening Kit for a while since I've developed a case of persistent eczema on my face after overly irritating it with retin-a. (I've had the eczema for about a month now.) It's just now starting to heal, but I have to take it easy with which products I use.

On the plus side, it seems that all of the peeling that my face has been doing has faded my spots a bit more!

I think I will go back to the Jineak Whitening Kit after I heal completely & see what happens, but to tell you the truth, after doing some reading online, I am now curious about how the ingredient Sepi-White might help with hyperpigmentation. (It's available at makingcosmetics.com)

40 yrs old; Tanaka massage 1x/ day; HF device; retin-a .05%; FE & Carolyn's Facial Fitness every other day; green smoothies; MSM 4000mg/day; NAC 1000mg/day; ALA; Ageless Secret/ Gold combo; FIM lamp; History of Whoo skincare; homemade niacinamide toner
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:45 am      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Thanks, Calorblind! Perhaps, I should be incorporating other Whoo products as well??

yes incorporating the basic balancer + emulsion would be ideal !
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 16, 2011 6:59 am      Reply with quote
JLM wrote:
Sorry I haven't updated recently-- actually, I have stopped using the Jineak Whitening Kit for a while since I've developed a case of persistent eczema on my face after overly irritating it with retin-a. (I've had the eczema for about a month now.) It's just now starting to heal, but I have to take it easy with which products I use.

On the plus side, it seems that all of the peeling that my face has been doing has faded my spots a bit more!

I think I will go back to the Jineak Whitening Kit after I heal completely & see what happens, but to tell you the truth, after doing some reading online, I am now curious about how the ingredient Sepi-White might help with hyperpigmentation. (It's available at makingcosmetics.com)

Whoo's Seol Powerhouse is Diosmetin.
Lolita_020
5% products discount

Sat Jul 16, 2011 11:01 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:
JLM or Calorblind,

Can you list the whitening products in the History of Whoo line? Thanks.

http://www.whoo.co.kr/global/english/etc/sitemap.html#

The entire line has been upgraded last month btw !

Brightening Water ---> Whitening Toner (2011)
Whitening Skin Balancer
Whitening Essence
Whitening Intensive
Whitening Lotion
Whitening Cream
Whitening Jinaek Program
Brightening Cleansing Foam
Brightening Peel off Pack
Brightening Base
Brightening Pact

Not to mention the addition of new products

Whitening Sun Cream SPF 50
Whitening BB Cream

Hi Calorblind
do you think we have to use the entire lines of the history of whoo seol ( whittening)? or I can use only whittening cream and peel of only?

and this seol line I can use for skin care routine or only for short time.

I would love to ask My sister to try those product.

Thank you for your info
calorblind
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jul 17, 2011 1:08 pm      Reply with quote
Lolita_020 wrote:
calorblind wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:
JLM or Calorblind,

Whitening Skin Balancer
Whitening Essence
Whitening Intensive
Whitening Lotion
Whitening Cream
Whitening Jinaek Program
Brightening Base
Brightening Pact

Whitening BB Cream

Hi Calorblind
do you think we have to use the entire lines of the history of whoo seol ( whittening)? or I can use only whittening cream and peel of only?

Thank you for your info

ideally, i think just use the basic stuff like the lotion, emulsion and if u want faster results you can try incorporating the serum or whitening intensive or the jineak
Lolita_020
5% products discount

Mon Jul 18, 2011 11:58 am      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Lolita_020 wrote:
calorblind wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:
JLM or Calorblind,

Whitening Skin Balancer
Whitening Essence
Whitening Intensive
Whitening Lotion
Whitening Cream
Whitening Jinaek Program
Brightening Base
Brightening Pact

Whitening BB Cream

Hi Calorblind

Thank you for your info

ideally, i think just use the basic stuff like the lotion, emulsion and if u want faster results you can try incorporating the serum or whitening intensive or the jineak

Hi calorblind

I have a question of the seol line the program kit jineak.
they have 2 steps? step 1 and step 2..? can you explain that to me?
Lolita_020
5% products discount

Mon Jul 18, 2011 12:24 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Lolita_020 wrote:
calorblind wrote:
Elvisshops wrote:
JLM or Calorblind,

Whitening Skin Balancer
Whitening Essence
Whitening Intensive
Whitening Lotion
Whitening Cream
Whitening Jinaek Program
Brightening Base
Brightening Pact

Whitening BB Cream

Hi Calorblind

Thank you for your info

Dear calorblind

What the different between The History of Whoo Whitening Essence Program Kit and The History of Whoo Whitening Jianek Program?

I would like to buy from ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/history-Whoo-Whitening-essence-program-kit-30pcs-/160495487639?pt=US_Skin_Care&hash=item255e46ca97#ht_1472wt_1165

I thought a kits like 2 items.. this is only one item.. Can you explain it to me? please
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jul 18, 2011 9:11 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Lolita,
The Jineak "Kit" is really just one lotion/cream. I know it's a little confusing!

5% products discount

Tue Jul 19, 2011 1:18 pm      Reply with quote
kims wrote:
Hi Lolita,
The Jineak "Kit" is really just one lotion/cream. I know it's a little confusing!

Hi, Kim
How are you? I know the history of whoo just the new skin care I known .. the jineak kit is the old version of the whitening essence kit and the essence kit has 2 steps , one essence and on Gel.. and on ebay the seller just sell sample only the essence and Gel not included... I try to buy the history of whoo seol for my sister.

I have a question about obagi.. I am week 10 now and everything are good and brightening my skin and dark circle of my eyes. but I still have redness and peels everyday. the worst part is around my mouth and corner of my nose and in the middle of my bridge nose.. very red.. even though I put some aquaphore and still red ... do you have any suggest for me?
fongflyer5
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2011 4:09 am      Reply with quote
Lolita-020

You will find the areas around the mouth, nose and chin tends to be effected more by the Obagi products. It's because we are constantly using the muscles in this area more through simply talking and facial movements.

You may want to cut back on the amount or usage of the products in these areas to see if that will help reduce the redness.
kims
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jul 28, 2011 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Lolita_020 wrote:
kims wrote:
Hi Lolita,

Hi, Kim
How are you? I know the history of whoo just the new skin care I known .. the jineak kit is the old version of the whitening essence kit and the essence kit has 2 steps , one essence and on Gel.. and on ebay the seller just sell sample only the essence and Gel not included... I try to buy the history of whoo seol for my sister.

I have a question about obagi.. I am week 10 now and everything are good and brightening my skin and dark circle of my eyes. but I still have redness and peels everyday. the worst part is around my mouth and corner of my nose and in the middle of my bridge nose.. very red.. even though I put some aquaphore and still red ... do you have any suggest for me?

Keep using the Aquaphor as well. Redness and peeling are normal -- even at 10 weeks.

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 07, 2012 3:52 pm      Reply with quote
I have been using the following for over a month now. I do not see any improvement on my freckles.

The History of Whoo - Soel:
Skin Balance
Serum
Whitening Jinaek Program
Lotion

I have better luck of using Obagi. I am going to try the Whitening Intensive. If there is no improvement, then I will go back to Obagi.

Anyone with good result by using the History of Whoo - Soel?
Nabila_M

Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:04 pm      Reply with quote
Hey lovely people! Smile

So I just went through the whole conversation about The History of Whoo Seol Whitening line. I wanted to clear a few things up!!!

In order to see full results (that is, whitening results) you need to use the WHOLE whitening line (besides the make-up and sunscreen, but an SPF of 50+++). Honestly, you cannot skip a step if you want to lighten the freckles - the Whitening Intensive is more targeted to the spots (spot treatment).

You need to WARM UP the product before applying it to the skin - this is crucial. Since its a herbal product, the herbs need to be 'activated,' and by warming it up - you release a certain energy (sounds funny, but thats Chinese medicine for you Smile which will help to penetrate into the skin, since each ingredient is nano-sized.

The Whitening Essence Program Kit, is a 4 week program, it comes with a Brightening Gel - this gel is also another crucial product. They just came out selling it separately. It has specific enzymes to lighten the skin, in which the Whitening Essence Program will be absorbed better. Its all about *ABSORPTION* since these products are highly concentrated with whitening ingredients: Chrysanthemum (Diosmetin) and other medicinal ingredients to whiten the skin.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Remember, you need to use the whole line in this order:

1. Whoo Seol Brightening Cleanser
2. Whoo Seol Brightening Gel
3. Whoo Seol Whitening Soft Toner (preparation)
4. Whoo Seol Whitening Skin Balancer (toner/refiner)
5. Whoo Seol Whitening Essence
6. Whoo Seol Whitening 'Jinaek' Essence Program
7. Whoo Seol Whitening Intensive (spot treatment, its okay to use it all over your face)
8. Whoo Seol Whitening Lotion
9. *Whoo Seol Brightening Peel-off-Pack (twice a week after Lotion)*
10. Whoo Seol Whitening Cream
11. SUNSCREEN of SPF 40-50+ PA+++

XOXO Very Happy
aysa

Thu Feb 23, 2012 6:35 pm      Reply with quote
Hi Nabila, Thanks for this
Do you have the ingredient list for Whoo Seol Whitening Cream?

Nabila_M wrote:
Hey lovely people! Smile

So I just went through the whole conversation about The History of Whoo Seol Whitening line. I wanted to clear a few things up!!!

In order to see full results (that is, whitening results) you need to use the WHOLE whitening line (besides the make-up and sunscreen, but an SPF of 50+++). Honestly, you cannot skip a step if you want to lighten the freckles - the Whitening Intensive is more targeted to the spots (spot treatment).

You need to WARM UP the product before applying it to the skin - this is crucial. Since its a herbal product, the herbs need to be 'activated,' and by warming it up - you release a certain energy (sounds funny, but thats Chinese medicine for you Smile which will help to penetrate into the skin, since each ingredient is nano-sized.

The Whitening Essence Program Kit, is a 4 week program, it comes with a Brightening Gel - this gel is also another crucial product. They just came out selling it separately. It has specific enzymes to lighten the skin, in which the Whitening Essence Program will be absorbed better. Its all about *ABSORPTION* since these products are highly concentrated with whitening ingredients: Chrysanthemum (Diosmetin) and other medicinal ingredients to whiten the skin.

Hope this clears up any confusion. Remember, you need to use the whole line in this order:

1. Whoo Seol Brightening Cleanser
2. Whoo Seol Brightening Gel
3. Whoo Seol Whitening Soft Toner (preparation)
4. Whoo Seol Whitening Skin Balancer (toner/refiner)
5. Whoo Seol Whitening Essence
6. Whoo Seol Whitening 'Jinaek' Essence Program
7. Whoo Seol Whitening Intensive (spot treatment, its okay to use it all over your face)
8. Whoo Seol Whitening Lotion
9. *Whoo Seol Brightening Peel-off-Pack (twice a week after Lotion)*
10. Whoo Seol Whitening Cream
11. SUNSCREEN of SPF 40-50+ PA+++

XOXO Very Happy
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Jun 05, 2013 2:08 am      Reply with quote
Hi, Any updates on this brand for helping melasma? I see they put out some new products and was wondering who is using The History of Whoo for melasma and dry skin?

Thanks!
biogeek
5% products discount

Sun Sep 22, 2013 4:03 pm      Reply with quote
@ Nabila -- Thanks for posting the whole line-up. I'm confused though on why the Peel-off Pack (item 9) would be applied after all the various treatments. Seems like it should be one of the first items???

Anyone else having success with this line?
ade
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 7:27 pm      Reply with quote
calorblind wrote:
Hi peeps,

ive been using this brand called History of Whoo for some time and it's been wonderful !!!!

my blemish spots (post acne scars) are disappearing and my mum's pigmentation has lightened and she has tried obagi, glycolic acid but it never worked. It's incredible :

for those of you who are not familiar with the brand , a few links to get familiar with the brand

http://hopeinablog.wordpress.com/category/history-of-whoo-2/

http://www.joseibi.com/?p=2540

http://sulwhasoo-sulwhasoo.blogspot.com/2010/12/history-of-whoo-seol-whitening-line.html

Hi, I used the basic line of Whoo in the winter. They're great products for cold weather or dry skin.
Its luxury BB cream is the best bb cream I've used!

For the whitening line, some reports said Whoo is much better than sulwhasoo.

The only problem is hard to buy.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 10, 2014 9:23 pm      Reply with quote
Tried the Whoo Whitening Line - results are excellent. I am not sure if it helped with melasma as I am also using tretinoin and azelaic acid. But the overall brightening of the skin is noticeable. If you have dry skin, this is not moisturizing enough so I layer on a rich cream at the end or rosehip oil.

Highly recommend the Whoo brand and have tried the eye creams and serums from different lines and they are all very concentrated and effective.

Beware, there are a lot of fakes on eBay and other online shops.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
missbaggy

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:25 am      Reply with quote
Hi Denisil, how are you incorporating your retin a into your history of whoo whitening care, have you tried putting it after the balancer or after everything ? Do the combination irritate your skin much? Thx much.
denisiel
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Aug 17, 2014 2:48 am      Reply with quote
missbaggy wrote:
Hi Denisil, how are you incorporating your retin a into your history of whoo whitening care, have you tried putting it after the balancer or after everything ? Do the combination irritate your skin much? Thx much.

Hi, I apply Retin A 20 minutes after the balancer every night. Then wait another half hour or so and apply the rest of the products.

The salesperson for Whoo said some people find the products irritating because they apply too much. The products are very concentrated. My skin does flake but that is because of the skinoren and tretinoin - when I use less, my skin calms down. Every three months at night I replace the Whitening Intensive Cream with Skinoren. Cleanser > Balancer...wait > Skinoren...wait > treintoin...wait > Whoo products > Rosehip oil. This is a good substitute for hydroquinone, which I use every 4 - 6 months for a few months. Keeps melasma under control and brightens the skin.

All whitening products cause some minor irritation in my opinion so must be careful to counterbalance with soothing products. Skinoren helps with pigmentation and is anti inflammatory.

If you have dry skin, you'll need to use a moisturizing product. Whoo makes an incredible eye cream, I forgot the name of the line but if you're interested I'll look it up. I love it but very pricey so moved on to the Cho Bo Yang and Shiseido eye creams.

Dry skin but not many wrinkles; 50s and Asian; Topicals: Vit C, tretinoin, hydroquinone & azaleic acid for melasma; Likes: SK-II, Shiseido, Shu Uemura, Skinceuticals, Obagi, P50, Sunday Riley, Hada Labo, facial oils
lillyc
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue Sep 23, 2014 5:55 am      Reply with quote
I found History of Woo too pricey. I am at my early 30s and think this line is for those who are 40s or so.

If you guys are interested, I recommend another Korean brand called Laneige. Some of the products worth a shot!
System
Automatic Message
Fri Apr 19, 2024 9:59 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology Skin Signals Solution - Large (113 g / 4 oz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |