Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brazilian Wax anyone ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
jannabanna80
5% products discount

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:31 pm      Reply with quote
Just wanted to share my experiences with everyone, and you can make your own decisions from there about waxing.

The first bikini wax is BY FAR the most painful. Take a couple of ibuprophen or aspirin an hour before to help ease the pain. The hair should be 1/4" - 1/2" long. Any shorter, there's not enough for the wax to grab on to and remove effectively, any longer, and it will cause more pain in removing.

The great part of waxing is that your hair grows back thinner with each wax, so it becomes much easier (and much less painful) to remove. Just maintain every 4-6 weeks, and before long waxing is almost pain free...almost! Very Happy

If you are booking an appointment for your first wax, tell that to the person who is booking the appointment for you, they will probably need to book extra time for you.

PBV Vanish is a great roll-on product to help with ingrowns and bumps. It's completely taken care of those issues for me.
chessie
5% products discount

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:49 pm      Reply with quote
All true and very good advice.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 7:55 pm      Reply with quote
I've been waxing brizillian style for years myself. I love it. The past year, I've opted to wax it all off. (Now here's a tell all Shock )

Very painful, however over the years, the hair grows in weaker, and makes it less painful to remove. I also find making the wax strips a lot smaller, stips off less hair in one strip, so less painful.
A lot less painful, is if you strip the wax downward, instead of straight out in a forward postion. In other words, strip down toward the butt (sorry, but it really makes a difference).

If you like less hair there, just persist and in time it is less painful.
samantha185
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 10, 2007 10:08 pm      Reply with quote
I've been doing brazilian wax for about a year now and I love it too. It's really true when people say once you've started you can't stop Laughing I don't do it myself, rather I go to waxing places and let the professionals do it. Actually for brazilian wax it's best if hard wax is used - hard wax is thicker and it doesn't grip the skin, only the hair, so skin burn/irritation is kept to a minimal. And pain is much lesser than using soft wax and strips too Very Happy Only problem about hard wax is that the hair must be at least 1cm long haha. So usually I do a brazilian once a month Wink

Another plus of letting a professional do the waxing is that they usually will give you some lotion/cream so that regrowth is smoother and less itchy Smile

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:16 am      Reply with quote
Sandra, thanks for the tip. In your opinion, will waxing frequently (once a week) cause our skin there to loose it's elasticity?

i read that waxing our upper lip frequently can cause more wrinkles and loose skin.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:26 am      Reply with quote
That I'm not sure about. No idea if it causes wrinkles/elasticity loss on the waxed area.

Good point to raise. I do wax my upper lip too. So, now I'm wondering.
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 9:56 am      Reply with quote
I know a couple of estheticians that will NOT wax their brows and they tell their customers not to either. They feel that the constant pulling of the strips over the years will stretch out the delicate skin around the eye. I've always been a tweezer; but I think that they might be right.
SandraG
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:26 am      Reply with quote
Hmmmm...maybe that's why I had to have my eyes done.

Geeezzz....get so tired of fighting aging. It's exhausting. Confused
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Feb 11, 2007 10:31 am      Reply with quote
SandraG wrote:

Geeezzz....get so tired of fighting aging. It's exhausting. Confused

It's a never-ending battle isn't it? Wink
Kyrya
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 27, 2007 9:17 pm      Reply with quote
I've been getting Brazilians for two years and now that it doesn't hurt so much, I'm happier to keep going back. The first few times I swore I'd never return but now it's no big deal.
MystyPines
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 11:49 am      Reply with quote
I had my first brazilian wax 6 weeks ago. I will start out to say I have a pretty good tolerance for pain. It was the most painful thing I have ever experienced (more painful than childbirth!) Although the results were nice and the hair just started growing back "sparsely" that is, it is very soft and seems lighter too. I don't know if I will go back again.

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 1:24 pm      Reply with quote
No qualms here talking about Girlstuff- this is what it's for I thought!
On the subject of shaving -ugh, nasty stubble, what a turnoff.
Electrolysis worked for me in the bikini area, no regrowth after 15 yrs. I wouldn't be brave enuf for the whole enchilada, so to speak Laughing Laughing Laughing
Laser, not so much. Who knows what the longterm effects are?
Brazilian wax might not be a bad idea. That way you can stop when you're getting too sparse. And "hairstyles" come&go. Waxing does inhibit regrowth, I heard somewhere, but it's a dignity issue for me - I could never feel comfortable facing someone who's just waxed my delicate areas!

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 31, 2007 3:05 pm      Reply with quote
Just something to consider - when my mom was a teenager, she plucked her eyebrows almost ENTIRELY off as was the fashion briefly at her school, just to see how she would look all trendy-like. Flash forty years forward - they NEVER grew back, and she does NOT look good with the tiny brows, but she's stuck with them!

My point is, you have no idea what "trends" are going to occur in the nether-regions-department as you age. For example, in the 70s all ------------ stars had hair down there, and now none do - and sad but true, they say that ------------ influences the mainstream trends when it comes to, ah, delicate subjects like this. So if it's all the rage to have a full bush when you're 50, and you still want to feel sexy and contemporary, you're really going to regret having lasered off all your hair down there. I don't think a cleaned-up "bikini-ready" look has ever been out of fashion, but beyond that it might be a bit too extreme for the future waves of fashion. Just something to consider!

(This coming from a gal who got a lower back tattoo at age 19, and already regrets it at age 26... fashion is very temporary!)

32, fair hair/eyes/skin, always a mix of dry/oily/sensitive/acne/clogged pores. But I keep getting compliments on my skin, so something must be working! Beauty blog at http://heliotro.pe; online dating coaching at http://theheartographer.com
NJ
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 26, 2007 11:48 am      Reply with quote
Pros: hairless and smooth
Cons: ingrown hair, but I get rid of it with Min ingrown hair remover

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Sep 27, 2007 5:16 pm      Reply with quote
Whew! Pretty interesting discussion on brazilians. I got my first one done about a year and half ago and it was so bloddy painful. What I have since learned is that you can get sugar waxing done instead and its lot less painful and less chance of an inexperienced waxer burning your bits with overly hot wax.

Sugar wax is a Middle Eastern technique that is gentler on the skin as it requires no heating or strips so in a way its more environmentally friendly. Its a mixture of sugar, lemon juice and water heated till almost caramel syrup consistency. You can use it as a paste or stretch it a few times for something firmer. Its a huge learning curve as you have to rethink that its not hot wax and the wax is not supposed to stick to the skin. It sticks to the hairs only and results in less hair growth. I can say this is true after 10 months of waxing myself. You also need to pull with the growth of the hair amd the wax is water soluble.

As for the ingrowns, you can exfoliate with a mix of sugar and olive oil or with a exfoliating mitt gently. I also use grapeseed oil after to keep the area from being dry. Baxter's Anti Bump Razor Repair works great on the ingrowns.

I wish a salon here would offer it as I would like to not do it myself sometimes.
miranets
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 28, 2007 12:52 am      Reply with quote
The thing with sugaring is that it is darn hard to find the right ratio of ingredients to make a very sticky formula. Stuff like Nads does nothing for hair down there, it doesn't even make eyebrow hairs budge!

I believe the wax used for brazillians is generally heavier and stickier than that used for legs and whatnot - so you'd need to make a substance with the same consistency.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 12:33 am      Reply with quote
There is a sugar wax by Alexandria for brazilians but I make my own.
1 cup sugar
2 tbs lemon juice
2 tbs water
combine in a small pot and slowly heat to 250c, you will need a candy thermometre for this. Let cool and pour into a microwavable container.

I microwave for about 8 seconds and scoop a bit with a spoon. Stretch and recoil a few times to make it stiff. There is a huge learning curve on using this and learning to pull it in way that removes the hair. You leave on for a few seconds and then pull with the growth of the hair.
rubby
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Sep 29, 2007 5:22 am      Reply with quote
NJ wrote:
Pros: hairless and smooth
Cons: ingrown hair, but I get rid of it with Min ingrown hair remover

What's Min ingrown hair remover?

44, oily T-zone, acne prone (PCOS) ~ Baby Q & Tanda (blue light) ~ Karin Herzog (Oxy Face, Vita-A-Kombi 2, Vitamin H, Eye cream) ~ PSF (Cramberry Eye Gel) ~ Pearl/Silk powder primer and mist ~ L2K ~ MMU
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 05, 2007 1:50 pm      Reply with quote
I'm sure this was covered but the thread is so long.

How do you tell them you want your crack waxed too? Just like that?
TooInvolved
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 12:58 pm      Reply with quote
bump
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 1:09 pm      Reply with quote
Yeah, basically. If you are shy tell them you want it ALL gone and see if she understands. Any time I have gotten a Brazilian they went ahead and took everything off without my having to ask. I think goes without saying.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
tam
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 2:51 pm      Reply with quote
That's what my girlfriend told me, too. With a brazillian, they take off all the hair.
vonstella
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 06, 2007 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
it, dang.

27~Texas~Oily~ fair~ breakout prone~ easily congested~Cysts caused by emotional stress~ Using Ayurvedic skin care and philosophy~ Dry brushing body and face~ On strict less is more routine~ We are all in the gutter, but some of us are looking at the stars~ Oscar Wilde
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:27 pm      Reply with quote
I had the laser removal down there, the lady said that each time you do a laser removal, it removes about 15% each time, hence why you have to go back several times. Waxing is one of those things that, the first time you do it, its really painful but the more you do it, the less painful it gets. And professional waxing is the way to go if you are a newbie. Personally in my opinion, if you start waxing, you should stop shaving, since waxing makes the hair grow in less and less, as well as being finer, so if you wax and then shave, it counteracts the effect, if you know what I mean. Overall I think either waxing or laser treatments is the way to go!
Sangria1269
10% products discount
free skin care

Wed Oct 10, 2007 11:33 pm      Reply with quote
nah, the laser thing (if done properly), you are good to go when you leave, and everything is fine down there. what is with the whole bald thing anyways? I dont understand it, wouldnt it seem like guys would WANT a reminder that they are with an adult? Bizarro.
I wouldnt recommend the Nair down there, anything that is strong enough to dissolve hair makes me skeptical that it doesnt affect your skin or lymph nodes.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:33 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Peter Thomas Roth Instant FIRMx Eye (30 ml / 1 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |