Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)
Brazilian Wax anyone ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
carebear

Thu Oct 09, 2008 8:43 am      Reply with quote
Hello Aiva,

Hmm... I'm not sure if your comment was meant to be interpreted as a negative one. I suppose it is advertising in a sort of way as I really do love the product though. BTW, I'm a bank manager and have been in the banking industry for over twenty-eight years. Perhaps I've been in the wrong industry all these years and should consider steering towards a career in advertising and marketing. :lol
Aiva
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 09, 2008 10:12 am      Reply with quote
carebear wrote:
Hello Aiva,

Hmm... I'm not sure if your comment was meant to be interpreted as a negative one. I suppose it is advertising in a sort of way as I really do love the product though. BTW, I'm a bank manager and have been in the banking industry for over twenty-eight years. Perhaps I've been in the wrong industry all these years and should consider steering towards a career in advertising and marketing. :lol

Hi Carebear Smile

sorry if I sounded harsh, your comment (being the first one also) sounded like a commercial advertising from someone interesed in product sales. You were good at it anyway, so ads/marketing career might be just the right one for you Wink

welcome to the forum Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Oct 10, 2008 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Hi, carebear.
Many members on this forum get sceptical when a new member is picking up an old thread and raving about a product in her very first post... If you want to join the forum, of course you are welcome! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:22 am      Reply with quote
the video is funny but it does put me off lol

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 9:13 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
the video is funny but it does put me off lol

yes, it`s painful, but for me it`s worth being a couple of weeks smooth and hair-free Rolling Eyes

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Oct 11, 2008 3:20 pm      Reply with quote
but with waxing dont you have to wait when hair is a certain length to get it done again. I would hate that prickly feeling especially down there Laughing

10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Nov 08, 2008 11:20 pm      Reply with quote
simran wrote:
but with waxing dont you have to wait when hair is a certain length to get it done again. I would hate that prickly feeling especially down there Laughing

It's true, however, it does depend on how fine or thick the hair is. Thin hair can be waxed when it is quite short... but we are speaking of the bikini area sooo. Most salons and home kits for that matter suggest it's best to wait until the hair is a quarter of an inch or longer. I would have to go ahead and agree with that from personal experience.
Hope I was of some assistance.
Best regards! Wink

20% products discount
free skin care

Sun Nov 09, 2008 7:17 am      Reply with quote
simran wrote:

yes, it`s true. But with shaving I get this prickly feeling every day, while waxing gives me 2 weeks of smoothness Cool

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu May 21, 2009 5:57 am      Reply with quote
Hi everyone. Good topic. I was a beauty therapist for many years, and did so much waxing on women and men, and also waxed myself. I got so over it! Now I use a trimmer to keep the bush from getting overgrown. It has different levels, so I keep the top part nice and trim, and take the sides and underneath off either with the shortest level or with a razor. I'd say it's minimal upkeep compared to the whole waxing fandango.

Also, my husband (older than me) is not a fan of the entirely bald look, although he likes trim. Bald is definitely a more recent (last ten- fifteen years or so) trend bought about by the p*rn industry. If your lover wants this, his tastes have probably been shaped by it (IMO not always the best lovers!!). Unfortunately most younger women have seen enough of it too, and feel it's the way they should look. Don't get me started on breasts!!!! Lordy me, the way women think their breasts are supposed to look! All shoved up looking. I'm so glad I'm not a teenager now...seeing the poor things strapped into these unnatural looking ultra padded push-up bras makes me feel sorry for them.

While I think it's perfectly fine to keep ourselves well groomed and clean and tidy, we also should be aware of the unnecessary pressures put out by the media about what we SHOULD be like. Waxing upkeep takes quite a bit of energy, as does keeping yourself shaved completely smooth. And what for? So we can feel as if we're as s*xy as the poor girls doing p*rn for a living? Really. Sorry I'm coming off all prudish here, I can assure you I'm not. I'm all for looking good, skincare, staving off the aging process however possible. I just think we need to be aware of where these messages are from. I personally like a clean shave underneath (occasionally, when I feel like spending an extra couple of minutes on it) and think it's possibly nicer for oral to save the guy getting a mouthful of hair, although I don't believe it reduces any smell factor. The smell (aside from general sweatiness, which hair removal may effect slightly) is created in the inner l*bia, and the only way to reduce that is to keep it clean!
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 12:37 am      Reply with quote
Actually if you switch to soy, bamboo or hemp undies it will definitely reduce the smell factor. Great if you are prone to infections. I love my bamboo undies. I wish I could find more for a reasonable price.
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 12:42 am      Reply with quote
Also gals, dont forgot the closer to your period, the more painful it is to do. I prefer to have my period when being smooth but sometimes it doesnt always work out that way so I do it afterwards. Not as painful.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 8:24 am      Reply with quote
Yes very true Sakura about being far more sensitive pre period. It's definitely nicer being smooth at that time, but for me it would have to be at least a week and a half beforehand to not suffer more.

Bamboo is so lovely and soft! didn't know you could get undies...and I'd just stocked up too Sad

I find that any natural fiber breathes much better than synthetics and is much better for overal health of the 'nether regions' hehe, just had to say that. Undies with a high count of cotton have always been a staple, but silk is nice, and bamboo sounds the best of all.

Using a gentle cleanser with a balanced PH is a good idea too, so the balance isn't upset...

Also, on the topic of periods, (don't want to change direction here - perhaps this needs a new thread if anyone responds) but has anyone been using the 'diva cup' or variations? I LOVE mine and would never go back to tampons!!!
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 8:43 am      Reply with quote
I've been doing bikini - brazilian style wax for years, and whether it hurts or not depends on how good is the person doing it, what method they use and what type of wax, as well as how hot is the wax. It doesn't hurt, the hair regrowth is slow - 3-6 weeks depending on the season for me (no clue why).

I was wondering about permanent hair removal, and the only thing that I don't know is the price and possible side effects.

When I called one office that did that 4-5 years ago, the price was through the roof - they said it will take a number of sessions, and it was about 2K or more depending on hair and regrowth.

So kind of left that idea for a while. Does anyone know prices for laser hair removal, what are possible side effects?
callalily
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 4:35 pm      Reply with quote
I'm going on vacation early next month so I think I'll ahem do a wax. I've done the bikini but not the brazillian. It sounds insane but my friend swears they are wonderful (she has hair-phobia though- has plucked her eyebrows into oblivion). My bf just thought it was cool to have smooth skin. A bit of a sensualist that one. Embarassed
I think I'll hit up Axiom in city square. Anyone know a great place in Vancouver??

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 4:40 pm      Reply with quote
Trigger I totally agree with what you are saying. I think the same thing all the time. If all the women we see in the media are "fake" breasted it becomes the normative ideal. Which is really scary because no one naturally had perfectly round high boobs it's impossible. And I am so glad my guy isn't into those ideals. Those women also wear ten pounds of makeup while they are "on the job", how realistic is that?!
Anywho, I look forward to reading your posts!!

15% products discount
free skin care

Fri May 22, 2009 7:29 pm      Reply with quote
Well, I disagree - I just don't like hair except on my head. I don't like it on my legs, underarms, and especially in the bikini area. And i really dislike to spend time fixing it every so often.
I like the feeling of just smooth skin, no hair. Nothing to do with ------------, or fake breasts - totally against that.
trigger
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 7:04 am      Reply with quote
Laughing sorry!!! did not mean my little rant to sound judgmental about anyone that chooses to wax or shave. I agree it feels nice, and it's definitely a thrill for your boyfriend to do it (especially if you're normally a bit hairier) and doesn't mean he's been sitting round watching crappy internet p*rn all day Very Happy

Just wanted to talk about why its almost compulsory these days for women to treat the bush as though it's a thing to be ripped out and tamed, while in days former (anyone seen seventies playboy??) the bush was celebrated and thought of as s*xy. Each woman was completely different, some big, some small, straighter, curlier etc, whereas now, it's totally unacceptable (in more mainstream ------------ that we're likely to just see from time to time - it's unavoidable!) everyone has either nothing at all, or a little strip. The breasts we used to see were so unique too! All kinds of shapes/sizes were considered s*xy. Now there's only one kind.

Just wanted to remind us that the p*rn industry that seems to be shaping our tastes (without most of us even realizing it) is run by men.

While I understand that most women here groom and wax and shave because they like it and it feels good, as I do too, I just wanted to throw in that possibly we feel pressure to look a certain way too, to 'compete' with the images our poor men are bombarded with from an early age.

It's no crime to respond to our world this way, but it's great to challenge the idea of 's*xy'. I feel just as s*xy if I've let the bush go for a few weeks, and expect that whomever I'm with to find ME s*xy regardless of those details. But I guess it's a losing battle. Our s*xual preferences are set from a relatively early age, and I guess the young guys these days can't help that they've only ever seen bald muffs and fake t*ts.

I'm 35, and have generally dated older guys for some time, but I definitely have noticed the pressure to be P*rn perfect, especially with the younger guys I've been with. I think its way tougher for the younger people today...
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat May 23, 2009 7:47 am      Reply with quote
Very Happy
oh, I totally agree with you - though DH and I don't watch ------------, I agree that right now the fashion is for no hair or a little strip, and the boobs have to be one way period.

I dislike it too, but to me it just shows how not confident the girls really are if they are afraid to just be themselves.
I tried those push up bras - oh my are they ever so uncomfortable. I don't really need to add anything, mine are size B anyways, but still.

And the thongs?! Whomever invented them, must have been a masochist Mad I can imagine that the only way it would be comfy to wear those if your butt was completely flat!

Still personally, I don't like the bush.. so I wax, and trim and what not. And would like to get rid of it permanently
sakura
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 3:02 pm      Reply with quote
I would love to find a place in Vancouver that does hard wax brazilians or even sugar wax. There is a new place that opened up that does nothing but waxing. The Wax Bar. Dont know what kind they use though.
JennyJam
10% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 4:00 pm      Reply with quote
The first time I went to get waxed, I was in college and a good friend of mine had been getting brazilian waxes, and I thought "why not?"

Since then, I have only had brazilians, just because I like it! I figure if I am going to get waxed, may as well get it all done! I like keeping my "friend" waxed- it feels nice and clean to me! I have never been a fan of the bush, and so I always trimmed, or shaved.... but shaving is a horrible experience with itch and almost instant re-growth. Waxing last about 5 weeks for me, and my hair is nice and soft and does seem to be thinner than if I let it grow and keep trimming.

Also- I don't really find it painful anymore, maybe I'm just used to it. It's usually quick too because I don't have too much hair and with continuous waxing it becomes easier to remover the hair- about 8 min and I am outta there!
zverenok
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 24, 2009 8:18 pm      Reply with quote
For me it's sensitive cause I have the c-section and it's soooo sensitive around there. Did anyone ever get laser hair removal done?
Louisa1303
10% products discount
free skin care

Tue May 26, 2009 11:05 pm      Reply with quote
i did the wax and i feel that when u had your menses its cleaner compare to having a bush there.. Bad Grin
kdd2411
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jun 02, 2009 7:02 am      Reply with quote
Louisa1303 wrote:
i did the wax and i feel that when u had your menses its cleaner compare to having a bush there.. Bad Grin

Haha...I agree Smile.
catsull
10% products discount
free skin care

Fri Aug 28, 2009 1:31 pm      Reply with quote
I'm resurrecting this OLD thread yet again...

So - had my first Brazilian was 2 weeks ago (at 50 yrs old!). Although it wasn't as bad as I was anticipating, it still wasn't a lot of fun. The esthetician used strip wax. I'm going on vacation to Aruba at the end of the month & wanted to do a "trial run" in case I had some kind of weird reaction to it. I also tend to date younger men, and haven't liked their reaction to my more "natural" self.

I have some questions for you more seasoned waxers... The ingrown hairs haven't been as bad as I had anticipated, probably due to consistent exfoliation & Tend Skin. But there have been several. Does this tend to get better or worse the more one waxes?

Also, everyone talks about a couple of weeks without having to deal with the hair (which is one reason why I wanted to try it). Well, within a week I was feeling like I needed to shave - does the hair re-growth tend to slow down with subsequent waxing? Also, it appears I have some hair growth on some of the more, uh, sensitive, "membrane" type of skin - any hope of ever waxing this? I use the Seiko Cleancut on the area now.

In your experience, does the hard wax cause fewer ingrowns than the strip wax?

Overall, I have to say I love the feeling of the area being clean. I was part of the 70's "thing" when furry was in, but times change... Plus, the hair growth kept creeping "back." I will leave more than the little landing strip next time - more like the softened triangle someone mentioned. The landing strip just doesn't look right with the contours of my body (I have a fairly prominent mound of Venus).

Looking forward to your responses...

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 18, 2010 7:00 pm      Reply with quote
I'm a fan of the brazilian, started about a year and half ago and has been doing it at about every 8 weeks. Definitely doesn't hurt as much now than when I first started. I really like it for the clean feeling and also the hair doesn't grow stubbly and itchy like after shaving. The more you do it, the less hair will grow back because you are constantly pulling out from the roots. The hair has definitely grown thinner and slower now.
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 23, 2024 10:20 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Juice Beauty Stem Cellular Resurfacing Micro-Exfoliant (90 ml) Lifeline ProPlus Night Recovery Moisture Complex (50 ml / 1.7 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA SkinĀ® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |