Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Brazilian Wax anyone ?
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
Alien
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Jan 21, 2010 9:30 am      Reply with quote
I and my husband don't like the totaly bald look- to pre pubescent.. I do use a trimmer and give myself a crew cut down there though

5% products discount

Fri Feb 26, 2010 8:41 pm      Reply with quote
My first waxing experience was a Brazilian Wax so I had no clue whatsoever what was going to happen. I've been getting Brazilians for the last two years now. It's addictive.

Pros: Smooth. Easier to clean. I never thought of my bush as being a nuisance but after waxing I do.

Cons: Requires a little bit of care (ie exfoliating). If you don't exfoliate you can have in-grown hairs that lead to red bumps.

Advice: Go to a good place. I've been to spas that do like a 15 minute job and some estheticians don't do a thorough job.

When you're there, ask questions about the aftercare and what you should expect in the coming weeks after your wax. Ask them about what other customers say/feel about it too.

Some places will ask you to bend over on all fours to get the hairs around the bum but that's unnecessary. If you're uncomfortable with that, go to another place. You don't need to be put into awkward positions.

What to expect: A bit of pain. Just breathe through it or better yet, have a conversation with the esthetician (it totally takes your mind off of it). It's not as bad as you may think. For the first two days you'll have bumps and redness (totally normal). They'll ask you to put teatree oil or Polysporin for the next few days. Gently exfoliate the area.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Feb 26, 2010 9:52 pm      Reply with quote
That sounds about as much fun as giving birth again! Sorry couldn't resist! But honestly not me. Smile

5% products discount

Sat Apr 24, 2010 2:44 pm      Reply with quote
I just had my first one two days ago! Hey, it wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. I had 2-3 glasses of wine first which I know helped!!! The girl that did mine was great and put me at ease. I had had surgery on my bottom Sad two months earlier and am still swollen. I just asked her to avoid that area altogether. I have to say, I love it! So, it's yet another thing I will need to fit into my budget!
lisocas
10% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 26, 2010 2:31 pm      Reply with quote
Yeas I like it as well! The skin feels soft and clean. Shame that hurts a bit Sad
Olife

Tue Jul 13, 2010 7:47 pm      Reply with quote
Hi to all, this is my first time on here so please let me know if am doing it wrong..... have very little computer ability. After reading the posts: There is no guarantee of no ingrowns. But here are some tips on waxing that I have used on myself and many others and have great results.

Drink plenty of water the day before and the day of your wax. Hydration is the key to less pain and irritation.

moisturise for the week before as it also opens up the pores in your skin (so the hair slides out and is not ripped out)

DO NOT exfoliate in the 2 days prior to waxing, and only 1 per week in between waxing.If you do exfoliate in this time you will most likely end up with dark patches or grazed looking skin as too many layers of skin have come off.

Best product I have found for ingrowns is Bikini saver, though cannot wear white undies with it on as it is coloured.The moisturisation/exfoliation and water intake will also help great with this.

Wax every 3-4 weeks (no longer in between if you want your wax to be smooth and last for the longest period of time(yell out if you want an explanation on this)

If you have a 28 day cycle, wax at day 14 (7days after bleed is finished) for least amount of pain.

Am really passionate about getting it done right and this is what I do as a job with great results, please yell out if you want any more info about waxing...Will keep an eye on the posts also.

I know this is not for advertising but someone asked re Brisbane waxing...I do wax and am mobile in Brisbane and surrounding areas,happy to do it at a reasonable price if you like, please yell if you are interested.

Tue Jul 13, 2010 8:19 pm      Reply with quote
Oh and awkward positions in Brazilian waxing for male or female to get a thorough job is absolutely unnecessary. doesn't matter what treatment you are getting done this is not necessary, nor is it professional.I agree with the earlier post....Go somewhere else if they are saying this is their requirement.

Fri Jul 30, 2010 3:55 pm      Reply with quote
I started getting brazilians about 7 years ago. I think the completely bare look is great, though none of my boyfriends really liked it. So just the strip is a good compromise, men are usually more open to that. I would still get it done (and probably go for laser) if I had more money.. It feels so much cleaner and smoother down there. I hate the whole "shave-regrowth-itching-bumps" thing. Neutral The trick is to get a really good esthetician to do the waxing (the one I had while in Ottawa was a force of nature, she did an amazing job). I never found it to be that painful (in my opinion underarms are WAY more painful) but I've got a pretty high pain tolerance so.... it might be torture for other people. I definitely would go for the permanent solution and get most of it lasered off. Probably would keep the strip. Oh, and another plus of waxing is that even when it grows back in between it's a lot softer than if you shave, so it's much less annoying. But you do get the whole ingrown hair thing if you don't exfoliate properly.

Fri Apr 19, 2024 7:04 pm
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Cosmedix Eye Genius Brilliant Eye Complex (7 ml / 0.25 floz) StriVectin Wrinkle Recode™ Moisture Rich Barrier Cream (50 ml / 1.7 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |