Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)
balayage hair coloring
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Skin Care and Makeup Forum
Reply to topic
BCgirl
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 7:24 am      Reply with quote
I have dark chestnut colored virgin hair but want to put some VERY subtle and natural hi-lites in my hair...kinda like how your hair naturally was when you were a kid. I've heard of the balayage technique for coloring hair. Anyone tried it before? I do not want to put bleach into my healthy hair....is there a way of lifting a dark shade of brown without bleach?

20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 8:08 am      Reply with quote
BCgirl wrote:
I have dark chestnut colored virgin hair but want to put some VERY subtle and natural hi-lites in my hair...kinda like how your hair naturally was when you were a kid. I've heard of the balayage technique for coloring hair. Anyone tried it before? I do not want to put bleach into my healthy hair....is there a way of lifting a dark shade of brown without bleach?

I am not familiar with balayage technique, but anything that lifts color has to use a chemical process of some sort. I remember girls using lemon juice and sitting in the sun. Laughing You can have streaks (subtle) added with a very light blond regular color, it uses peroxide but it's no where near as harsh as bleach. I have done my youngest daughters very dark brown hair this way after she had breakage from a stylist bleaching highlights in. Waited until her hair recovered first of course!

15% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 28, 2011 11:31 pm      Reply with quote
you could try henna. its messy but if you stick to it and find a method that works for you and use quality fine sifted henna it is almost like a pudding and does not clump off. i use henna fromwww.hennasooq.ca and they can give you further info on how to lighten your hair.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 29, 2011 5:14 am      Reply with quote
Balayage is when the colour is painted on to the hair but it's not wrapped up in foil. Something solid, like a piece of card wrapped in foil is used to place the hair on in order to have a hard surface to paint the colour on - then it's removed and you move on to the next piece of hair. It can be quite difficult to do by yourself.

I sometimes use a similar method to do my hair, but I just put on latex gloves and apply the colour with my fingers - but I have very short hair which makes this easy.

There are various lighteners that don't contain ammonia, so they're supposed to be gentler on the hair.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 4:32 pm      Reply with quote
Giselle has these type of highlights which were big in the 2000s. I wanted baylayage, mostly just did regular foils. Not sure how "in" baylayage is anymore---- Giselle's hairdresser Harry Josh writes articles for various magazines, maybe Google & see what comes up.
Keliu
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sun May 01, 2011 6:28 pm      Reply with quote
Giselle popularised the look of having the ends of the hair a lighter colour than the rest - but you can use the balayage technique to colour the whole length of the hair.

Sat Apr 20, 2024 4:28 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Sjal Orbe Eye Contour Cream (15 ml / 0.5 oz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Sundari Gotu Kola and Boswellia Eye Serum (15 ml / 0.5 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |