Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Cosmedix Surge Hyaluronic Acid Booster (30 ml / 1 floz) Osea Seaglow Overnight Serum AHA Treatment (34 ml / 1.2 floz) Luzern L'Essentials Alpine Rose Glacial Serum Masque Resilience Building Treatment (100 ml / 3.3 floz)
Careprost review & updates!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Mar 23, 2012 4:14 pm      Reply with quote
I know it's only been 4 1/2 weeks since I've started to use Careprost, but I just wanted to see if maybe my lashes looked a little longer than when I was doing RapidLash. I'm not sure if I see a difference yet. They are definitely not thicker but they may be a little longer. Sorry for the terrible coloring on the Careprost picture (blech...red veins much?). The other two were taken with my daughter's good camera, which is broken. That's way there is such a difference in quality. Sorry about that.

I've also been doing Ageless If We Dare for 3 months, so I think my eyes are starting to look a little less hooded. I'm working on smoothing out the crepey skin there by testing two different eye creams (see my siggy), but it's still too early in that test to review them.

This is what my lashes looked like before starting RapidLash:
Here they are after 12 weeks on Rapidlash:
And here they are today after 4 1/2 weeks on Careprost:

What do you guys think? I know I'm supposed to wait for the full 16 weeks of use, but I was anxious. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:19 pm      Reply with quote
Hmm, either I should have waited 8 weeks before reviewing or waited until I fixed my daughter's better camera. Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 4:29 pm      Reply with quote
Ohhhh that stuff really works!
It looks like the Careprost gave you a fuller set of lashes, as if there are more hairs.

And, of course, the difference in your eyelids is great!!! Definitely less hooding, rounder more open eyes!!
Kgeaux
10% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 6:07 pm      Reply with quote
I think your lashes do look longer, but I KNOW your eye is less hooded! I'm going to have to check out Ageless if We Dare....

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Mar 24, 2012 11:21 pm      Reply with quote
Thank you both. I just wish I had a better camera because the brightness of that picture sort of blurs the tips of the lashes and makes them look thinner than they are.

I will do another review of Careprost with pictures after about 8 weeks of use. Hopefully they will continue to grow and get more volume.

5% products discount

Sun Mar 25, 2012 4:35 am      Reply with quote
They look great! I use careprost too and didn't think it was working, but I recently started back up and this time I think they are thicker and darker Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Mar 25, 2012 1:51 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks Samantha. How long have you been using Careprost this time around, and when did you start to notice a difference in the thickness of your lashes?

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 8:38 am      Reply with quote
OMG! What in the world you were using on your eye lids last 4 weeks? It's totally lifted! Huge difference!

Your lashes look fantastic!

I am also experimenting now with Careprost. I did it before with good results, but stopped, because i started to loose lashes and they grew very uneven.
This time i do it with castor oil on top. Hopefully it will help.

I wish i could use RapidLash, but it irritates my eyes too much.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 9:33 am      Reply with quote
YB wrote:
OMG! What in the world you were using on your eye lids last 4 weeks? It's totally lifted! Huge difference!

Your lashes look fantastic!

I am also experimenting now with Careprost. I did it before with good results, but stopped, because i started to loose lashes and they grew very uneven.
This time i do it with castor oil on top. Hopefully it will help.

I wish i could use RapidLash, but it irritates my eyes too much.

Thank you for the compliment. I am doing an experiment with two differenct eyelid creams (see my signature below for more info), but I attribute the lifting more to doing Ageless It We Dare facial exercises. I posted some before and afters of my face on the Ageless thread here yesterday, but my eyelids were a bit puffy in my after picture due to the fact that I was retaining water from TOM. I should have just waited a few more days because I know they are not normally that pufffy now.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 11:10 am      Reply with quote
I don't know about Ageless. There is almost no difference (on eyelids) between first and second pictures. But there is a huge difference between second and third.
Almost like a different person. I am ordering bareMinerals Firming Eye Treatment today Smile)

By the way, can you post your left eye as well?

Thanks

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Mar 26, 2012 12:45 pm      Reply with quote
I don't have a before picture of my left eye to compare them, only the only from my blog that I posted on the Ageless forum here:http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=31539&start=2475

But, like I said, they after is puffier than usual because I'm retaining water. Wink

5% products discount

Tue Mar 27, 2012 11:48 pm      Reply with quote
I think I noticed a difference this time round in about maybe 3 weeks, but in that time I've only missed one night. I wish I had have taken photos, I know how much I enjoy reading about things and looking at photos myself!
I was really slack when I first used careprost so that's why this time around I'm probably getting more results. I might start snapping away now and see if I notice a difference in another 3 weeks.
I hope you get the results you're after Smile
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Mar 28, 2012 8:35 am      Reply with quote
Thanks Samantha. It's now been 5 weeks of me consistently using Careprost. I guess I am just slow in getting results. When I look at the before-during-after photos at places like makeupalley.com, at 5-6 weeks (sometimes sooner) some people look as if their lashes grew twice as long and so much thicker. I am not see these dramatic results. I've also been using it on my bottom lashes, too (even though they say not to), and do not notice a smidgen of difference there. I was not applying Rapidlash on my bottom lashes, so I thought for sure with Careprost I'd see some change on the bottom ones by now...even just a little bit. But nada so far. Crying or Very sad

I just hope within the next week or two it will really kick in and my doe lashes will just appear one morning. Laughing

5% products discount

Fri Mar 30, 2012 9:04 pm      Reply with quote
Isn't careprost the same as glaucoma stuff?
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 1:15 pm      Reply with quote
getproducts wrote:
Isn't careprost the same as glaucoma stuff?

Yes it is, that is how it was discovered as a lash enhancer, patients had growth and darkening of lashes.

I won't use any of the prostaglandin analogues at all and I have such dark brown eyes that they are almost black. That is just my personal choice re: my eye health.
You can go to Allergen's web site and see all the possible side effects listed for Lumigan.
Other lash enhancers you have to research the ingredients to see if any are indeed a similar analogue.

A few links with lash enhancers that have the prostaglandin:

http://truthinaging.com/eyes-eylashes-brows/eyelash-enhancers-eyed-by-fda

http://truthinaging.com/eyes-eylashes-brows/lilash-ingredients-it-includes-a-prostaglandin

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 4:22 pm      Reply with quote
Aside from some slight irritation during the first couple of weeks, I haven't had any problems with Careprost. But, after 6 weeks of daily use now, I still do not see any more change to my lashes and am having serious doubts that the next 2-6 weeks will show any more results. But I'll continue to use up the bottle, nonetheless. I will probably go back to RapidLash if there is no change.

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Apr 04, 2012 11:14 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Aside from some slight irritation during the first couple of weeks, I haven't had any problems with Careprost. But, after 6 weeks of daily use now, I still do not see any more change to my lashes and am having serious doubts that the next 2-6 weeks will show any more results. But I'll continue to use up the bottle, nonetheless. I will probably go back to RapidLash if there is no change.

I know doll, and that is the consensus of most users. I have super sensitive eyes and just won't risk it for me. Very Happy

Thu Apr 05, 2012 6:58 am      Reply with quote
I used this stuff for 6 month for eyebrow and it did nothing to me. P.S. i read somewhere that it has a very bad chemical in it which is bad for skin.
DarkMoon
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 05, 2012 7:11 am      Reply with quote
Lanusik wrote:
I used this stuff for 6 month for eyebrow and it did nothing to me. P.S. i read somewhere that it has a very bad chemical in it which is bad for skin.

Here are the ingredients:

LUMIGAN
Active Ingredients
BIMATOPROST
Inctive Ingredients
sodium chloride,sodium phosphate, dibasic,citric acid,water,sodium hydroride,hydrochloric acid

Mon Apr 16, 2012 11:35 am      Reply with quote
Moving these related posts over:

Careprost update at 8 weeks (pics)
http://www.essentialdayspa.com/forum/viewthread.php?tid=45378

p.s. thanks for sharing your pics, sandooch! Smile

sandooch wrote:
Here is an update of how my lashes are doing with Careprost. I have been using it nightly now for 8 weeks. Below is how they looked at the beginning, at 4.5 weeks and today at 8 weeks.

Start:

4.5 weeks:

8 weeks:

Now, I can see a little added length, but nothing like the before and afters I've seen on Makeupalley.com. And I also do not notice any thickening. Does anyone know if that comes later?

I'll do another progress picture at 12 weeks.

sandooch wrote:
Boy, I just noticed that I really need some Visine. Laughing

DarkMoon wrote:
sandooch wrote:
Boy, I just noticed that I really need some Visine. Laughing

sandooch you really crack me up! Laughing Laughing

That is my eyes almost all the time, my eye docs since teens have just said "hmmm well you have really sensitive eyes" Thanks doc! Rolling Eyes

sandooch wrote:
I didn't even notice my whites were so red until seeing these closeup pictures. Scary what closeups bring out. I do notice that my eyelid seems to be smoothing out a little more. Not sure if it's due to the bareMinerals eye treatment (this is actually my right eye transposed) I'm testing on this eye or from the Ageless exercises or both. I'll keep them both up...that's for sure. Very Happy
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 1:22 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for moving this over here, Havana. I'll be sure to post my 12- and 16-week update photos here as well.

20% products discount
free skin care

Mon Apr 16, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
sandooch wrote:
Thanks for moving this over here, Havana. I'll be sure to post my 12- and 16-week update photos here as well.

We will all be watching, I defiantly see the growth sandooch, so keeping fingers crossed for you it continues! Very Happy

10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Apr 19, 2012 6:23 pm      Reply with quote
In the meantime, your eyelids look fantastic from the exercises! It's inspiring to see. I have just started Flex Effects, but I will check out Ageless too, and compare them.
sandooch
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Apr 20, 2012 7:36 am      Reply with quote
Thank you, Alexya. I have to be honest about the eye exercises in Ageless, though. I only do the first one of the two, because I don't like the feeling of pulling on my eyelids in the second exercise and it concerned me that my vision would be blurry for a couple munutes after doing it. So I substitued the one where you hold your eyebrows up with your finger tips while squeezing your eyelids shut and holding it for a count of 6. I do 10 sets of those, and it seems to be helping. I may even do those exercises a couple more times a week to see if it'll speed up the lifting process, since most other programs with a very similar exercise say to do it almost daily.

5% products discount

Fri Apr 27, 2012 9:55 am      Reply with quote
What is AGELESS?
System
Automatic Message
Tue Apr 16, 2024 12:38 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |