Shop with us!!! We sell the most advanced skin care anti-aging cosmetics on the market: cellex-c, phytomer, sothys, dermalogica, md formulations, decleor, valmont, kinerase, yonka, jane iredale, thalgo, yon-ka, ahava, bioelements, jan marini, peter thomas roth, murad, ddf, orlane, glominerals, StriVectin SD.

back to skin care discussion board front page with forums indexEDS Skin Care Forums Search the ForumSearch Most popular all-time Forum TopicsHot! Library
 Guidelines  FAQ  Register
Free gifts for Forum MembersForum Gifts Free Gifts offers at Essential Day SpaFree Gifts Offers  Log in

Dr Dennis Gross B³Adaptive SuperFoods™ Stress Repair Face Cream (60 ml / 2.0 floz) Pro-Derm Eye Contour Cream (20 ml) Coola Sunless Tan Express Sculpting Mousse (207 ml / 7.0 floz)
Careprost review & updates!
EDS Skin Care Forums Forum Index » Products Reviews Forum
Reply to topic
packratmack
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Jul 13, 2012 5:43 pm      Reply with quote
I thought I would post results here, until the Re Luma Lash Serum thread gets started. I have been using this for about a month. I definitely have results already. My lashes were always thick but, I wanted some length. My lashes are now longer. I didn't expect results so soon. My plan was to use the lash serum first and if it worked then consider the skincare products. I don't know if good hair growth would mean I would get skin improvement, but I'm sticking to my theory.
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:00 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:
bethany wrote:
I am switching from Lumigan to Careprost...we'll see how things go!

Ok can you say why? what didn't you like about the other and what do you hope from this one!

and tia!

Basically, I ran out and could order the Careprost from Amazon! If I like it and see the same results as Lumigan, I will go ahead and order from ADC since they are much cheaper.

Great ty, just wondered if there was something about Lumigan that you did not like, price and ease of purchase makes sense!

But they shipped VERY slowly...I could have received it from India by now, lol.

LOL! thats awful! quick question, when I used lash stuff long ago, my lashes did get outragously long, but looked so thin, do you find this too or not?
Tiny
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 9:02 am      Reply with quote
packratmack wrote:
I thought I would post results here, until the Re Luma Lash Serum thread gets started. I have been using this for about a month. I definitely have results already. My lashes were always thick but, I wanted some length. My lashes are now longer. I didn't expect results so soon. My plan was to use the lash serum first and if it worked then consider the skincare products. I don't know if good hair growth would mean I would get skin improvement, but I'm sticking to my theory.

are you using the ReLuma lash or this one? If your using ReLuma go ahead and start a thread please, just repost this there, that way its not confusing.
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:20 am      Reply with quote
Tiny wrote:
bethany wrote:
quick question, when I used lash stuff long ago, my lashes did get outragously long, but looked so thin, do you find this too or not?

Mine are not looking thin at all with Lumigan,and I assume (hope) the results will be the same with Careprost.

Here are some stats from the Latisse website (same stuff at Lumigan):

Quote:
Data on thinning lashes!

You may be surprised to know that published expert opinions have linked thinning and loss of eyelashes to aging.1,2 This finding led Allergan to analyze the photos of a subset of women with inadequate or not enough lashes pooled from three LATISSE® clinical trials. The results revealed that the older women had thinner, shorter and lighter lashes at week 0, compared to the younger women in the trials. The demographic data suggests there may be a downward trend of eyelash fullness, length and darkness as women with inadequate lashes age.2

Take a moment to assess your lashes.

Perhaps you’ve noticed a change in your lashes over the years. Have they lost their fullness? Do they appear shorter? Or lighter in color? If so, it’s time to consider LATISSE® – the only FDA-approved product that grows lashes, increasing their overall prominence. Ask your doctor if LATISSE® is right for you.
LATISSE® can grow thinning lashes.

In the US Phase III LATISSE® clinical trial, 91% of women participating (n=134) were 35 or older2, and results show that LATISSE® more than doubled lash fullness after 16 weeks of treatment for these patients.

http://www.latisse.com/ThinningLashes.aspx

I will say that I have one eye respond better than the other, which is a bit odd. I am hoping they even out soon!

20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 10:43 am      Reply with quote
bethany wrote:
Tiny wrote:
bethany wrote:
quick question, when I used lash stuff long ago, my lashes did get outragously long, but looked so thin, do you find this too or not?

Mine are not looking thin at all with Lumigan,and I assume (hope) the results will be the same with Careprost.

Here are some stats from the Latisse website (same stuff at Lumigan):

Quote:
Data on thinning lashes!

You may be surprised to know that published expert opinions have linked thinning and loss of eyelashes to aging.1,2 This finding led Allergan to analyze the photos of a subset of women with inadequate or not enough lashes pooled from three LATISSE® clinical trials. The results revealed that the older women had thinner, shorter and lighter lashes at week 0, compared to the younger women in the trials. The demographic data suggests there may be a downward trend of eyelash fullness, length and darkness as women with inadequate lashes age.2

Take a moment to assess your lashes.

Perhaps you’ve noticed a change in your lashes over the years. Have they lost their fullness? Do they appear shorter? Or lighter in color? If so, it’s time to consider LATISSE® – the only FDA-approved product that grows lashes, increasing their overall prominence. Ask your doctor if LATISSE® is right for you.
LATISSE® can grow thinning lashes.

In the US Phase III LATISSE® clinical trial, 91% of women participating (n=134) were 35 or older2, and results show that LATISSE® more than doubled lash fullness after 16 weeks of treatment for these patients.

http://www.latisse.com/ThinningLashes.aspx

I will say that I have one eye respond better than the other, which is a bit odd. I am hoping they even out soon!

Thanks, maybe you can not apply to the eye growing longer faster, every other night instead? just a thought
bethany
VIP Member
20% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jul 14, 2012 12:22 pm      Reply with quote
Tiny, that is a great idea!

20% products discount
free skin care

Wed Sep 05, 2012 5:00 pm      Reply with quote
I really enjoyed this thread for sure. I will buy Rapidlash to try it myself. The pictures you posted convinced me.... Thank you Smile

sandooch wrote:
I know it's only been 4 1/2 weeks since I've started to use Careprost, but I just wanted to see if maybe my lashes looked a little longer than when I was doing RapidLash. I'm not sure if I see a difference yet. They are definitely not thicker but they may be a little longer. Sorry for the terrible coloring on the Careprost picture (blech...red veins much?). The other two were taken with my daughter's good camera, which is broken. That's way there is such a difference in quality. Sorry about that.

I've also been doing Ageless If We Dare for 3 months, so I think my eyes are starting to look a little less hooded. I'm working on smoothing out the crepey skin there by testing two different eye creams (see my siggy), but it's still too early in that test to review them.

This is what my lashes looked like before starting RapidLash:
Here they are after 12 weeks on Rapidlash:
And here they are today after 4 1/2 weeks on Careprost:

What do you guys think? I know I'm supposed to wait for the full 16 weeks of use, but I was anxious. Laughing
zizi
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Fri Sep 07, 2012 11:12 am      Reply with quote
Can anyone recommend a good brush to use with carepost.....one pref from sephora. many thanks
wen_goldfish
10% products discount
free skin care

Thu Oct 25, 2012 1:02 pm      Reply with quote
where is a reliable source to buy careprost?
arlisafox

Sat Oct 27, 2012 9:54 pm      Reply with quote
Careprost has a high percentage of benzalkonium chloride so it may have more damaging side effects either noticed and experienced by some or not..
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Dec 17, 2012 10:26 pm      Reply with quote
I just bit the bullet and ordered my bottle of Careprost! So excited, I hope I'm not one of the unlucky ones who gets irritated eyes. I'm going to order some gel eye drops to use before to lessen the chance of it getting to my irises and causing brown spots - I have no proof that will help but I'm thinking it will.

I'm getting an ultra-fine brush at an online art store and rereading this thread from the beginning for tips. Wish me luck! Smile

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 9:39 am      Reply with quote
I am late jumping on the Careprost wagon mainly because I have sensitive eyes. I tried it once and felt it bothered my eyes so I stopped. Anyway I started it up again and this time I applied it at least an hour before bed so it would have less of a chance of getting into my eye. I haven't had any problems.I am tolerating it well. I do have one concern, at first my lashes were so long, not thickening up just long and then the shedding started and it looked odd because they weren't thick and the spacing showed where the lashes had fallen out. I am passed the 12 week mark so I now use it only three times a week. I still wish I could thicken the lashes up, any suggestions?

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 10:21 am      Reply with quote
Toby, I started taking vitamins for my hair - Biotin, MSM and Silica - and after 3 months I've noticed thicker, longer lashes. Not long enough for me though, I want looooooooooong. Hence the Careprost.

Castor oil is a great conditioner for lashes. I use a variation of my skin cleansing oil on my lashes and it doesn't bother my eyes, in fact it makes them feel clear and bright - castor with the tiniest smidgeon of tea tree oil. Be careful with the tea tree though, it can sting.

I ordered from InhousePharmacy.biz and just got an email that it had shipped. The whole thing (free shipping) cost $28.50 - $30 for the bottle with a $1.50 discount. I only ordered one because I wanted to be sure I can tolerate it before I fork over any more money.

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 12:54 pm      Reply with quote
Thanks for the castor oil tip I will try it. I have been ordering from inhousepharmacy for years....I get my pet's meds there and order the carprost for about 16.00 per bottle. I order 6 bottles at a time and get the price break....I have friends at work that use it so it is easy to order in volume. I have been ordering for my friends and only recently started using it myself.

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Dec 18, 2012 2:57 pm      Reply with quote
Wow, I didn't realize they sold pet meds! Good deal, too.

15% products discount
free skin care

Mon Jan 14, 2013 11:13 pm      Reply with quote
Well, my disposable eyeliner brushes finally got here, so tonight after my shower I used Careprost for the first time.

One drop was more than enough to do both of my eyes. The brushes are very fine, and I carefully put brush the Careprost on like eyeliner on both upper and lower lashes. I was very, very careful not to use too much, and none got in my eyes. I smeared the rest of the drop onto my eyebrows.

It's been an hour or so and no reaction whatsoever, no itching or anything. Hopefully it will stay that way!

In a couple of weeks, if there's still no negative side effects, I'll order 28-Day Mascara in preparation for the BIG DAY when I dye my long, long eyelashes. I've already got the little dental brushes to put it on my lower lashes.

Maybe someday I can throw my mascara away! LOL

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 7:14 am      Reply with quote
I was so bummed when I woke up - my right eye itched and felt like there was something in it! I thought well, there was $30 down the drain.

Then I went to the bathroom and looked in the mirror, and there was a piece of blanket fuzz stuck to my eyelashes, tickling. Whew!

No reactions whatsoever, so far...

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:21 am      Reply with quote
If I follow the protocol of putting it on at least an hour before bedtime I have no issues at all. I did have some issues when I used it right before going to sleep. For me it helps if it dries while I am upright and has little chance to get into the eyes. I am so enjoying these eye lashes that are so full they look fake!!! Laughing

15% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:50 am      Reply with quote
I'm really excited - especially if I grow new lower lashes. I used to have very thick and long lower lashes, everyone commented on them and asked me "how do you get them to curl like that?" I never did anything but use mascara, and now they are gone! Not totally gone, but just faint wisps. I don't even put mascara on my lower lashes now, it's not worth the effort. Sad

Hopefully I'll be fluttering my eyes with the best of them soon! LOL

20% products discount
free skin care

Tue Jan 15, 2013 8:52 am      Reply with quote
I only use for the top lashes.

15% products discount
free skin care

Sun Jan 20, 2013 10:28 am      Reply with quote
Fifth day, still no reactions.

I use one drop - that's plenty for both eyes, and have been smearing the remainder on my brows. It's probably my imagination but my eyebrows seem darker and thicker. It's either my imagination or a sudden growth spurt from all the MSM, biotin and silica that I've been taking!

15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Jan 26, 2013 10:51 am      Reply with quote
Update:

It's been ten or eleven days, and still no irritation or side effects at all. Smile

My bottom lashes are growing! I can feel them with my fingertips, it's like little stubble. I haven't put on mascara since I started this, so I'm not sure if the top have had any growth; probably not much but we'll see. I have to go on a day trip Sunday and might use some eye makeup then but then again I might just wait until the 12 weeks are done until I use any mascara, so I can really get the full effect all at once!

If you had told me five years ago that one of my hobbies would be growing eyelashes, I would have laughed at you!

15% products discount
free skin care

Wed Feb 06, 2013 5:27 pm      Reply with quote
Three weeks in - definite difference! My eyebrows are doing really well - sparse areas filling in and new hairs between - which is what I really wanted!

I am so excited! Not going to wear mascara until the full 16 weeks is up so I can be doubly wowed by my new eyelashes! LOL

5% products discount

Wed Feb 06, 2013 10:47 pm      Reply with quote
I see your photo and after watching it and I defiantly see the growth sandooch.
Immacolata
Preferred Member
15% products discount
free skin care

Sat Feb 16, 2013 7:44 am      Reply with quote
4 1/2 weeks - a definite difference - much longer and much to my delight, thicker eyelashes. I went to a party last Sunday and wore mascara and my friends noticed.

The hairs themselves seem thicker, and the texture has changed. Someone called it a "crispy" texture which is kind of right, although they're certainly not crispy in a fragile way. Even my bottom lashes, almost non-existent, have sprung to life. And this is only a month - at 12 weeks I can't imagine how they'll look!

Wed Apr 24, 2024 8:26 am
If this is your first visit to the EDS Forums please take the time to register. Registration is required for you to post on the forums. Registration will also give you the ability to track messages of interest, send private messages to other users, participate in Gift Certificates draws and enjoy automatic discounts for shopping at our online store. Registration is free and takes just a few seconds to complete.

Click Here to join our community.

If you are already a registered member on the forums, please login to gain full access to the site.

Reply to topic

Skin Biology CP Ultimate Eye Cream (14.2 g / 0.5 oz) IS Clinical C Eye Serum Advance+ (15 ml / 0.5 floz) Luzern Serum Absolut Firming Booster (30 ml / 1 floz)

Shop at Essential Day Spa

©1983-2024 Essential Day Spa & Skin Care Store |  Forum Index |  Site Index |  Product Index |  Newest TOPICS RSS feed  |  Newest POSTS RSS feed

Advanced Skin Technology |  Ageless Secret |  Ahava |  AlphaDerma |  Amazing Cosmetics |  Amino Genesis |  Anthony |  Aromatherapy Associates |  Astara |  B Kamins |  Babor |  Barielle |  Benir Beauty |  Billion Dollar Brows |  Bioelements |  Blinc |  Bremenn Clinical |  Caudalie |  Cellcosmet |  Cellex-C |  Cellular Skin Rx |  Clarisonic |  Clark's Botanicals |  Comodynes |  Coola |  Cosmedix |  DDF |  Dermalogica |  Dermasuri |  Dermatix |  DeVita |  Donell |  Dr Dennis Gross |  Dr Hauschka |  Dr Renaud |  Dremu Oil |  EmerginC |  Eminence Organics |  Fake Bake |  Furlesse |  Fusion Beauty |  Gehwol |  Glo Skin Beauty |  GlyMed Plus |  Go Smile |  Grandpa's |  Green Cream |  Hue Cosmetics |  HydroPeptide |  Hylexin |  Institut Esthederm |  IS Clinical |  Jan Marini |  Janson-Beckett |  Juara |  Juice Beauty |  Julie Hewett |  June Jacobs |  Juvena |  KaplanMD |  Karin Herzog |  Kimberly Sayer |  Lifeline |  Luzern |  M.A.D Skincare |  Mary Cohr |  Me Power |  Nailtiques |  Neurotris |  Nia24 |  NuFace |  Obagi |  Orlane |  Osea |  Osmotics |  Payot |  PCA Skin® |  Personal MicroDerm |  Peter Thomas Roth |  Pevonia |  PFB Vanish |  pH Advantage |  Phyto |  Phyto-C |  Phytomer |  Princereigns |  Priori |  Pro-Derm |  PSF Pure Skin Formulations |  RapidLash |  Raquel Welch |  RejudiCare Synergy |  Revale Skin |  Revision Skincare |  RevitaLash |  Rosebud |  Russell Organics |  Shira |  Silver Miracles |  Sjal |  Skeyndor |  Skin Biology |  Skin Source |  Skincerity / Nucerity |  Sothys |  St. Tropez |  StriVectin |  Suki |  Sundari |  Swissline |  Tend Skin |  Thalgo |  Tweezerman |  Valmont |  Vie Collection |  Vivier |  Yonka |  Yu-Be |  --Discontinued |